Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool FC vs Blackburn Rovers (Pre-match Thread)

Read 15615 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Liverpool FC vs Blackburn Rovers (Pre-match Thread)
      Apr 09, 2009 06:50:16 am
      Kick off 12:45
      Live on Sky Sports 1

Liverpool FC vs Blackburn Rover
      Liverpool entertain Blackburn Rovers at Anfield on Saturday with the Reds looking to secure their fifth straight Barclays Premier League victory.

Rafa Benitez's side have defeated Sunderland, Manchester United, Aston Villa and Fulham, scoring twelve goals in the process to force their way back into the championship reckoning.

Liverpool have already beaten Blackburn this season when goals from Xabi Alonso, Yossi Benayoun and Steven Gerrard secured a 3-1 victory at Ewood Park in December.

The Reds beat Sam Allardyce's side by the same scoreline in the corresponding fixture at Anfield last season and will hope to complete a league double over the Lancashire club to maintain their title tilt.

Well time to forget what happen last night, whats done is done now on to the serious business of the Premiership. Win tomorrow and we can go top of the table for a couple of hours but it is important to see how the guys come back after a blow of getting thumped at Anfield by Chelsea and to keep the pressure of Manure who seem to be very unpredictable with their play of late and who knows might draw Sunderland. Just have to win and hope for the best.

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2009 09:54:19 pm by redkenny, Reason: Linked to calendar plus match info »
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Re: Liverpool FC vs Blackburn Rovers (Pre-match Thread)
      Reply #1: Apr 09, 2009 06:58:41 am
      I wanna see more goals from Benayoun!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2: Apr 09, 2009 07:09:48 am
      Would be too surprised to see Yossi and Sami (consider most Big Sam sides play long ball) get the nod for this game.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #3: Apr 09, 2009 07:48:43 am
      Got to go for the throat and get a good result and let the manc's know we are not done yet.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #4: Apr 09, 2009 07:55:25 am
      I think we'll bounce back and have a really good result in this one and I can see us having better individual performances from the likes of Riera and Aurelio knowing that players like Babel and Insua are there to take there places in the starting lineup if they dont perform.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Apr 09, 2009 09:01:47 am
       I am pleased that this thread has started,it is time to walk on and look forward to the Blackburn game with confidence.With luck Blackburn will be made to pay for last night.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #6: Apr 09, 2009 09:31:53 am
      Billy1, its time to walk on yes, but the chelsea's game aint over just yet!

BELIEVE.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Apr 09, 2009 09:38:24 am
      Billy1, its time to walk on yes, but the chelsea's game aint over just yet!

BELIEVE.
      I know the Chelsea game is not over yet,in the Chelsea post match thread I said it is only half time.The point I was trying to make was lets concentrate on the Blackburn game and think about Chelsea when  we have finished with Blackburn.Cheers.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #8: Apr 09, 2009 10:16:05 am
      I want to see the right response by the reds players.

5-0 will do me.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Apr 09, 2009 10:18:44 am
      I'm guessing Torres and Gerrard will be played but we will want to get this game won as soon as possible I guess to take off the key players for Chelsea. We usually respond well to defeats and I think we'll win this one.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #10: Apr 09, 2009 11:31:14 am
      The Chelsea re-match is neither over nor forgotten, but put on the back burner as we look forward to a match in what I consider our most important competition: the Premier League.

Despite yesterday's result, no huge changes for me, it would unsettle the side too much. Masch back in for Lucas, Agger for Skrtel would do, though maybe left-wing and left-back could be considered as well.

Not fussy about the score, I just want a commanding and confidence restoring victory from the lads.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #11: Apr 09, 2009 02:14:02 pm
      Just a reminder to those fans heading to the game that there will be a march in support of Liverpool supporter Michael Shields from around 10.30 from the city centre to Anfield.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=16042.msg296576#msg296576
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #12: Apr 09, 2009 02:15:46 pm
      Come Reds. Let's bounce back and show that last night's game was just a one-off thing and isn't gonna affect our confidence.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #13: Apr 09, 2009 03:32:48 pm
      I think Insua and Babel will start this game ahead of Aurelio and Reira. Mascherano will also come back in for Lucas. Yossi might also start if Gerrard isn't fit.

I expect a dominant performance and a comfortable 3-0 victory.

Let's continue to mount the pressure on the mancs.

YNWA
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #14: Apr 09, 2009 04:26:10 pm
      A must win game and after yesterday's dross a stunning performance wouldn't go a miss.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #15: Apr 09, 2009 07:24:22 pm
      Sam Allardyce Hoping Blackburn Rovers Can Exploit Liverpool's Set-Piece Weakness

After Rafa Benitez's much discussed 'zonal system' was once again exposed last night by Chelsea, 'Big Sam' is eyeing what he perceives to be the Reds' soft underbelly...

9 Apr 2009 16:28:31

Blackburn Rovers manager Sam Allardyce was clearly taking notice of last night's 3-1 victory for Chelsea over Liverpool in the Champions League, and he is hoping to use some of the lessons learned from the game when his side travel to Anfield on Saturday.

Rafa Benitez's men came unstuck twice at corners, with Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic appearing in the penalty area both times to power headers into the net, relatively unmolested by Liverpool defenders on both occasions.

The famously analytical Allardyce, whose sides are physical and tend to attack and defend well from set-pieces, certainly saw plenty to interest him.

"Obviously we've seen them a couple of times before last night's game. From my point of view, I went to have a look and watch what was probably the most in-form team in this country at the moment come a little unstuck on the night," he told Blackburn's official website.

"It can happen to us all on occasions, but it was the wonderful ability of Chelsea Football Club on the night that got the tactics right, but also used their outstanding ability to punish them very heavily in the end.

"We can only hope that that knocks their confidence a little bit. From my point of view, I'm trying to get as many of our players as fit as I can.

"It will be a difficult game and one where we'll obviously go and try to do the best we can."

Allardyce is using the example of a previous preformance against a 'big four' side during his brief tenure at Ewood Park as a means of firing his troops up for the encounter, which could play a big part in shaping Rovers' survival bid.

He added, "I'd like to see a repeat of the performance of what we did at Manchester United, where we were very unlucky to lose that. Basically we'll do that by trying to get as many players as fit as we can and pick a side who can combat a very good, attacking Liverpool team at Anfield and then try to expose one or two weaknesses that were shown up last night.

"Their pride will have been hurt, but they are still just one point off Manchester United, so it will be a very big game for them. I think they'll be all guns blazing, but one [test] we've come across before and have had to cope with.

"I just want to get as many of my experienced players as fit as possible to go and compete against the very best in this league."

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/teams/england/108/blackburn

Even Big Sam is allowed to dream too.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #16: Apr 09, 2009 07:32:52 pm
      I think Yossi will be the hero again.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #17: Apr 09, 2009 07:39:25 pm
      I'd play Sami without a shadow of a doubt and drop Skrtel to the bench mainly due to the long ball tactics of Big Sam.

I think Insua and Babel will come in. If Gerrard is out then I think either Kuyt will move up top or Yossi will play in behind Torres.

Got to get the Chelsea game out of our system.

3-0. Goals from Torres (2) and Sami.
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #18: Apr 09, 2009 08:09:24 pm
      We must not let yesterday defeat derail our chances of wining the title. If we slip up here, Chelsea will be delighted as they beleive they still have a chance of winning the title as well. We must not give them the satisfaction or any physcholgical boost.

Also the crowd has to keep postive - we do not want to be sucking any confidence from the players if things don't go our way immediately.

I agree with many here that Benayoun will be a key player on Sat. It will be intersting to see the situation with Gerrad and his fitness and whether that will afect his position in the team.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,633 posts | 128 
      Reply #19: Apr 09, 2009 10:47:25 pm
      "I don't think he needs to send his best side down to Stamford Bridge next week. Benitez should play his best team against Blackburn and then save them for the game with Arsenal on Tuesday week. They've got a great opportunity to win the Premier League."

I read that on Sky, 100 % sign! 
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #20: Apr 09, 2009 11:02:03 pm
      C'mon you reds !!!!! i'd settle for a 1-0 win with no injuries ....
      kingkennyb
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #21: Apr 09, 2009 11:07:42 pm
       ;D ;D ;D

2-0 will be the score. I have fifty on it.

I got 16/1 today against a a comeback against Chelski. I put a 20 down. I have a funny feeling about the game. I think that we will win 4-2 on the night and go through on away goals.     
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Apr 09, 2009 11:16:26 pm
      we want win everything that we are still in.that means CL AND EPL!against blackburn:             carragher-sami-agger- insua             -xabi-masher-                 kuyt-benny-riera                     -torres-            we can win it all!                 

Quick Reply