Poll

Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
20 (11.2%)
Yes - for the right price
129 (72.1%)
No
30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author Topic: Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)  (Read 67675 times)

Eem Offline
  • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
Reply #120 : May 10, 2009, 09:31:34 PM »

Took it from the Guardian. Sorry.

7-King Kenny-7 Online
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 27,238 posts | 386 
  • You'll Never Walk Alone!
Reply #121 : May 10, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »
From the way Tevez is standing it looks like he is about to break into song....

"I'm a little teapot...."

:D

ghal dejjem ahmar

"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly
Loading ■■■

corballyred Offline
  • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
Reply #122 : May 10, 2009, 10:06:43 PM »
He was utd best player again today, wouldn't it be brilliant to sign him just to see the face on old whisky face, he failed to quench rumours about Tevez future when asked today after the game.

Singh_YNWA Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
Reply #123 : May 10, 2009, 11:50:10 PM »
hmmm 20m ok... but more....? No.
"Walk on with hope in your heart........."

robbyr Offline
  • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
  • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
Reply #124 : May 11, 2009, 12:00:10 AM »
didnt we sign keane for 20mill, tevez is much better

Singh_YNWA Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
Reply #125 : May 11, 2009, 12:02:15 AM »
didnt we sign keane for 20mill, tevez is much better

I think alot of players are better than the invisable keane... :D
"Walk on with hope in your heart........."

jonnylfc88 Offline
  • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
Reply #126 : May 11, 2009, 09:15:44 AM »
IMO he's someone we should aim to definitely get and I would go up to 30m to get him. Honestly think he's the player we're looking for.

fletch_rox Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,032 posts |
  • JFT96
Reply #127 : May 11, 2009, 10:44:46 AM »
I think he would add so much to our team. He works hard and gets rewards for it. 25mil I think would be a great buy. Against weaker teams a 4-4-2 with him and Torres up front, Stevie back in the midfield and either Masch/Alonso/Kuyt rested for those games, we will break teams down easily. He gives options to all the other players to come through and score as well as netting plenty himself. Very good player IMO
Danny Sturridge is the definition of cool

YNWA

neilh2105 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,242 posts | 33 
Reply #128 : May 11, 2009, 11:40:23 AM »
All hands are after him!
That means the price is only going one way, UP!
He is deffo worth no more than £20 - 22 mill.
Can see him goin for an awful lot more, especially if City get involved!

RedStorm Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 2,536 posts | 29 
  • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Reply #129 : May 11, 2009, 05:22:16 PM »
It would be great for us to sign him but we'd probably baulk at the inflated price.

Next best thing would be for him to join City and stick it right up Whiskey Nose.

“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.”

redsonfire Offline

• 5,661 posts | 111 
  • 96 Candles Burn Bright
Reply #130 : May 11, 2009, 05:25:06 PM »
Very energetic player Tevez, would like to see him at Anfield but wouldnt know how would he fit. Would be at a price in excess of 30 million pounds I reckon and that wouldnt be too favourable for us. Tevez said his goodbye, linked himself to us, and Tevez is the kind of player that Rafa likes, oh well, if only Tevez can play on the left wing.
http://thespionkop.wordpress.com - my little love of labour on Liverpool. Rambling on the club in general.

king kenny Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,646 posts | 47 
Reply #131 : May 11, 2009, 05:26:02 PM »
There has been similarities drawn between Kuyt and Tevez which are true and they IMO are similar, but the difference in basic terms is that Kuyt is the poor man version of Tevez.  I hope we can get him as it will dramatically improve our team.  Yes, he hasn't done well at Man utd, but that is self explanitory as he has been used as a squad player and hasn't been given a fair crack. 

People talk about the price of 30m or 36m, but hey how long can that fellar keep him as his asset.  As he has been his player for atleast 4 years thats 3 years in the prem and one year with a Brazillian team.  Surely, there has to be some intervention by the authorities, he just can't be loaned out again to try and get a big sum.   The thing is he has been a squad player at Utd and that has definitely depreciated his value.

corballyred Offline
  • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
Reply #132 : May 11, 2009, 05:50:58 PM »
Agree with you KingKenny I think he is more like Kuyt than Keane, Like Kuyt he is an unbelievable hard worker, he runs all day, that is why he is so loved by Utd fans, he has a better touch and keeps better possession than Kuyt but Kuyt gets more goals, I think he would be a welcome addition to the squad, i know people would say where would he play but when you look at the stats this year Gerrard and Torres were only fit to play in 12 premiership games. It would be a waste if he were to sign for City or Spurs. Unlike other players being linked as well he is proven in the Premiership which is a massive plus.

Darkone Offline
  • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
  • YNWA
Reply #133 : May 11, 2009, 05:53:27 PM »
i would only get Tevez(or a player simlar to him) when Kuyt is too old. Kuyt is 29 now. Tevez only like 24/25. Kuyt is ALMOST good as Tevez is,IMO. And i like Kuyt a lot!
LIVErpool or Die

king kenny Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,646 posts | 47 
Reply #134 : May 11, 2009, 07:11:08 PM »
Carlos Tevez isn’t a scum yet when he signs on the dotted line then I for one will not praise his abilities.  But until then he is a very good player and will be a very good addition to our first team.  Tevez is a distant second in the utd team as he plays mainly behind the striker or on the right and in both positions he is second to Rooney or Ronaldo and being similar player to Rooney which is a Utd player doesn’t help too.  If Ronaldo slips out of their team then Tevez won’t be sold or let say desperate measures will be taken to tie up the deal.  But as thing stand they don’t have much appreciations for his services.  If Tevez shows urgency in the summer we could see both of them leave with Ronaldo being a long slow death.

How much is Tevez worth well like I have mentioned before in my subjective opinion he is worth £20m + - 20%.  I would say even upto £25m.  The thing is shrewd dealings are very important for us in our current situation against our money rich rivals.  But successful signing are hard to establish.  Mascherano is an anchor man, but not many fans that have an IQ level above 10 think he was expensive at £17m.  Tevez is an attacking and has played in the Premiership and is still young and is a Rafa type player.

red trooper Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,336 posts |
  • and don't be afraid of the dark
Reply #135 : May 11, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
Tevez is a hard working player ,runs all the match ( bit like Kuyt ) I think if he was signed then his partnership with Masch would be incredible ,both have the skills and ability ,both are clever players , I do think he will be too expensive because old whisky nose will put a stupid figure on him ...for spite ! shame really because he will probably go to chelski or city ...and never win anything ! :kop5cf8koxp6:
Red Trooper

Dmasta Offline

• 9,091 posts | 221 
Reply #136 : May 11, 2009, 08:45:57 PM »
Tevez is a hard working player ,runs all the match ( bit like Kuyt ) i think if he was signed then his partnership with Masch would be incredible ,both have the skills and ability ,both are clever players , i do think he will be too expensive because old whisky nose will put a stupid figure on him ...for spite ! shame really because he will probably go to chelski or city ...and never win anything !
Old whiskey nose has no say in the figure

glennusmc Offline
  • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts |
Reply #137 : May 11, 2009, 10:03:04 PM »
I like Tevez, and from the previous posts, most of us admire his work ethic on the field. He never stops running. I'm surprised that Man Utd are not showing interest in re-signing him. Is he a problem in the locker room with Utd? If so, we don't need him then.
LFC Yank

lester76 Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,665 posts | 59 
Reply #138 : May 12, 2009, 12:36:17 AM »
Surely if he came in it would be to replace kuyt on the right or to be nando's backup.
Rate him very highly. Think that if ronaldo goes then he'll stay at old toilet
PS3 Fifa 12 - IanRush76

7-King Kenny-7 Online
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 27,238 posts | 386 
Reply #139 : May 12, 2009, 02:03:22 AM »
Just a thought of how he could fit into the system were we to sign him.

Torres      Tevez

Gerrard

Then when Torres and Gerrard do their usual linking up and Gerrard bombing on then Tevez drop back into the attacking Mid, Free Role position.

But the most effective midfield behind Gerrard IMO would be.

Benayoun    Alonso    Masch

The only problem with that being Masch or Alonso having to go out on the right to cross.

The only alternative I can think of to solve this would be Tevez and Gerrard taking it in turns to occasionally move over to the right.

IMO this doesn't actually look too bad but there is one key, vital part missing and that's Kuyt. Kuyt IMO has to play because this season he has become such a key player.

ghal dejjem ahmar

"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly
Loading ■■■

fletch_rox Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,032 posts |
  • JFT96
Reply #140 : May 12, 2009, 08:29:24 AM »
I don't understand why Kuyt HAS to play.
He's a poor mans Tevez, no doubt he runs his heart out and plays well, but Tevez is a far better player and only 25 I think.
He'd be a great buy for Liverpool would Tevez, great buy

YNWA

Eem Offline

• 6,018 posts | 89 
Reply #141 : May 12, 2009, 08:31:15 AM »
He's a poor mans Tevez, no doubt he runs his heart out and plays well, but Tevez is a far better player and only 25 I think.

Kuyt HAS to play because he's on fire at the moment. He's been playing out of his skin all season, his crossing and first touch have come on leaps and bounds. Also, he's been in amongst the goals regularly this season.

fletch_rox Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,032 posts |
  • JFT96
Reply #142 : May 12, 2009, 08:34:48 AM »
Don't you think that Tevez would score double what Kuyt will score though?
IMO Tevez is a better version of Kuyt, more prolific, younger, faster.

YNWA

jonnylfc88 Offline
  • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
Reply #143 : May 12, 2009, 09:28:53 AM »
We've only got one Dirk Kuyt atm, but he's getting older he's not going to be able to run around the pitch like the workhorse he is at the rate he has been. By having Tevez effectively you'd have two Dirks, that would be apt at playing on the wing or up top allowing us to get the best out of both.  Besides we all know how Benitez loves to have a problem when selecting players and how nice would it be to have the choice of selecting out of Drik, Tevez, Nando, Stevie etc.

i wouldn't complain.

keithlfc Offline
  • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
Reply #144 : May 12, 2009, 11:58:49 AM »
If were going to spend 28-30m on a player it should be a world class winger, David Silva would be brilliant for liverpool. Tevez is quality but if we sign him for 30m that would probably mean second rate wingers again coming in, we need another striker but only for back-up for nando dont think tevez would like sitting on the bench as he is showing now at the scum, and there is no way Rafa will change this formation, this is the formation he has been wanting to play since arriving in 2004 and how good would another top winger alongside siva and stevie just behind nando with xabi and masch behind them.

johnstop Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
Reply #145 : May 12, 2009, 11:59:13 AM »
C'mon even the most critical Kuyt bashers have to be won over by his performances this year and look at how many goals he has scored compared to Riera. We should be looking for another left wing Kuyt. However I still think Tevez would link up with Torres well leaving Stevie to do even more damage coming in late from midefield.
Livepool this Cities Club

neilh2105 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,242 posts | 33 
Reply #146 : May 12, 2009, 12:25:47 PM »
I think that there may well be a stumbling block to this deal. The consortium that owns Tevez have been waiting for the bulk of their transfer monies for over two years now. Therefore anybody signing him may well be required to stump up the majority of any transfer fee immediately. Which could very well rule us out of the running, as LFC are renowned for our liking of stage payments. City and the cash rich likes, could well head the field on this one.

Ally-LFC Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
Reply #147 : May 12, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »

What? He's a poor man's Tevez? He's been a better player than Tevez this season, he's probably been one of our top 3 players this season.
His consistency is excellent now and you can rely on him for over 10 goals in the league per season and from the right side of midfield thats good stuff.
Why would we kick Kuyt out of the team and bring in a player who is pretty much the same for £30Million ???
Don't forget Kuyt has just extended his contract too.

He really doesn't get the credit he deserves does he :(
If Tevez could play on the left I'd be saying buy him because i prefer him to Riera and i could see Rafa selling Babel to get some money to buy him.

chats Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 15,995 posts | 148 
Reply #148 : May 12, 2009, 05:39:09 PM »
I want a left winger for the left winger position not a striker.

Kuyt and Benyoun have been awesome since the turn of the year and have been intregral to our turn in form so one has to play in the games next season.

This is what I want our midfield and strikers to look like next season:

Barry/Masch/Alonso

Kuyt/Yossi                             New Winger/Riera

Gerrard

Torres

Can't really see where Tevez would fit in because I certainly don't want him bought to play on the left.

7-King Kenny-7 Online
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 27,238 posts | 386 
Reply #149 : May 12, 2009, 06:27:42 PM »
I want a left winger for the left winger position not a striker.

Kuyt and Benyoun have been awesome since the turn of the year and have been intregral to our turn in form so one has to play in the games next season.

This is what I want our midfield and strikers to look like next season:

Barry/Masch/Alonso

Kuyt/Yossi                             New Winger/Riera

Gerrard

Torres

Can't really see where Tevez would fit in because I certainly don't want him bought to play on the left.

im going to pretend i cant see Barry there ;) :D

ghal dejjem ahmar

Loading ■■■