Poll

Would you like to see Carlos Tevez sign for Liverpool this summer?

Yes, whatever the cost
20 (11.2%)
Yes - for the right price
129 (72.1%)
No
30 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author Topic: Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)  (Read 68579 times)

kennystaff Offline
  • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts |
Re: Carlos Tevez (Man Utd)
Reply #60 : April 24, 2009, 08:34:03 PM »
Absolutely. If tevez did join us, the most pleasing aspect would be getting one over on fergie. But as a lot of you said 30m would be a bit high. What would ye think of this midfield/forward line?              Mascherano       Alonso
                                                                                             Gerrard
                                                                              Kuyt                           Tevez
                                                                                             Torres
I would welcome such a move as it would rile up Ferguson! He only signed him for the scum cos he thought he'd deny him a move to Real Madrid.

Carlos you are indeed wasted at United, See the light and Join the Greatest Football Club on Earth LFC! Rafa Benitez pull this one off and you will be a god in my eye's forever.

Come on you Reds!! YNWA

Ross Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,867 posts | 147 
Reply #61 : April 24, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »
Great player, but I don't know, I just kinda see him as a manc now, it would be strange if he came to Liverpool.

Still, I have no idea why he doesn't play more than he does at United.

rieras-left-foot Offline
  • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
Reply #62 : April 24, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »
Tevez is the only player I would want at Liverpool, and if we did buy him for however much, manure wouldn't get any of the money because it would go to his owners. =D Which makes it a bit more sweeter.

Tevez and Nando would be a good combo definitely =]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:01:53 PM by Bpatel, Reason: Spelling mistakes corrected. »

philH Offline
  • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
Reply #63 : April 24, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »
Signing Tevez would P*ss Ferguson and scum supporters  off no end, so almost worth it for that. I think he's got more to offer that side than Rooney or Berbatev. If we can sign him go for it!

7-King Kenny-7 Online
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 27,498 posts | 393 
  • You'll Never Walk Alone!
Reply #64 : April 24, 2009, 09:27:09 PM »
Signing Tevez would P*ss Ferguson and scum supporters  off no end, so almost worth it for that. I think he's got more to offer that side than Rooney or Berbatev. If we can sign him go for it!

There is a lot more to signing a player than just because it will piss some Mancs off (although that is an added bonus).

If Rafa doesn't think Tevez is right for our team or the price isn't right then he wont sign him to piss off Fergie regardless of the battles between them at the moment.

Although i did think he was trying to sign Heinze for the sake of pissing off Fergie because Heinze is a load of bollocks :D

ghal dejjem ahmar

"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly
Loading ■■■

Billo Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 22 
Reply #65 : April 24, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »
Maybe rafa is going after tevez to piss off fergie, and in that case spending the whole transfer budget on tevez would be stupid imo. He is talented and everything but i wouldnt pay a penny more then 15 mil.

johnstop Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
Reply #66 : April 24, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »
I think he would be a great partner for Torres and with Stevie going back into deeper midfield it would be like getting 2 new players.
Livepool this Cities Club

king kenny Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,646 posts | 47 
Reply #67 : April 24, 2009, 10:19:07 PM »
I think that Kia Durabshin has had him on a third party contract for over 4 years, surely there has to be pressure on the authorities to try and off load a world star from this burden.  In this time he has changed 3 different clubs.  Even if there are no pressure from the hierachy of the game, I think it is getting to the time that a permenant deal is in the interest of the Iranian business as it won't be doing good to his image in his business pursuits.  I think a 20m -22m can do the job.  He just can't play for Utd as he is too similar to Rooney.

StevieIsStillGod Offline
  • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
Reply #68 : April 24, 2009, 10:36:38 PM »
Absolutely. If tevez did join us, the most pleasing aspect would be getting one over on fergie. But as a lot of you said 30m would be a bit high. What would ye think of this midfield/forward line?      
         Mascherano       Alonso
                    Gerrard
     Kuyt                           Tevez
                     Torres

I think we would score 5 goals a game. Solid improvement from our standard 4.

Singh_YNWA Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
Reply #69 : April 24, 2009, 10:41:12 PM »
Cant we get a discount as we have already purchased Masch from the agent Kia? :P
"Walk on with hope in your heart........."

Lfcred92 Offline
  • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 973 posts |
Reply #70 : April 24, 2009, 11:58:17 PM »
would be a good signing hes got a hell of a shot and work rate is phenomanal

but not worth 30mill with our budget

redkenny Offline
  • LFC Reds Admin
  • 24,586 posts | 890 
  • 96 - Always Remembered
Reply #71 : April 25, 2009, 04:09:27 AM »
our beloved custodians sat together at the Arsenal game grinning like a couple of ravers at Quadrant park :o that may be a possibility,

The way they've carried themselves mate, I wouldn't be surprised if they've had a good few doves up in the Drome as well! It wouldn't turn my head if MC Cyanide is actually their financial adviser...

As for Tevez. He's too predictable these days. I used to think he was a player who could really cause damage. But it's been proven that defenders can cope with him in the league. He's got good feet but runs into walls.

redsonfire Offline
  • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,661 posts | 111 
  • 96 Candles Burn Bright
Reply #72 : April 25, 2009, 05:54:58 AM »
I dont know about this really. I have been influenced by the manc friends of mine to think that Tevez is piss poor. Well they are having too high expectations isn't it? They go like.

'Oh, Vidic, world class. Ferdinand, world class. Skrtel? Just okay. VDS and Reina are same. Evra? Fantastic player going forward in attack, and its frustrating to see people saying hes made to look good in united! Rafael? Our future star. Carrick? Underrated. Nani? Sucks. Ronaldo? Fantastic player scores 42 goals per season. Rooney? Best player on the planet.'

Fuckers pissing me off as if we are made to look so poor and as if they have the best players on the planet! FFS. Glory hunters all over again, but they deny themselves to be one and even point a finger at other manc fans. Classic isnt it. Mancs fans are like that. Piss poor attitude and just in denial.
http://thespionkop.wordpress.com - my little love of labour on Liverpool. Rambling on the club in general.

Eem Offline

• 6,018 posts | 89 
Reply #73 : April 25, 2009, 05:25:57 PM »
36M? Get Real.

He's a very good player, and works very hard for the team, but more than twice than we got Masch for, 14M more than Torres? No thanks. 36M could buy us 2 top class strikers.

goldton Offline
  • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
  • This is our year FOR SURE....
Reply #74 : April 25, 2009, 10:31:45 PM »
Why do we want their players when we all know that they will never sell any player to us.(remember heinze)

Singh_YNWA Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
Reply #75 : April 25, 2009, 10:42:02 PM »
Why do we want their players when we all know that they will never sell any player to us.(remember heinze)

With Tevez it is different. It is not up to United on where he goes as he is not their player. He is on loan to them and is owned by this agent called Kia who is the same agent as Masch.
"Walk on with hope in your heart........."

Eem Offline

• 6,018 posts | 89 
Reply #76 : April 26, 2009, 08:00:28 AM »
With Tevez it is different. It is not up to United on where he goes as he is not their player. He is on loan to them and is owned by this agent called Kia who is the same agent as Masch.

But we actually own Masch, right?

And yeah, Fergie can't do anything about it if we want Tevez. I don't want him for 36 Million, maybe for 20.

bartman49 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,099 posts | 26 
Reply #77 : April 26, 2009, 09:56:53 AM »
Investment, It's what we cry out for, investment in players and the new stadium. Tevez is the type of player that would suit us, he's hard working and he is quality, the sort of quality that Torres would relish playing with, we could then free up Gerrard to his favourite position in midfield, a free role behind the front two to link it all together. I hope he comes here, 30mill may be steep for any club, but sometimes you have to spend to get the right man, maybe this is one of those times....

crouchinho Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,504 posts | 592 
  • Mackenzie can suck my b*lls.
Reply #78 : April 26, 2009, 11:26:47 PM »
Rather David Silva. Cheaper too. To get him on loan would cost probably well into an 8 figure sum (Tevez that is).

Magillionare Offline
  • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.

• 9,335 posts | 227 
  • Liked Lucas before it was cool
Reply #79 : April 26, 2009, 11:28:58 PM »
But we actually own Masch, right?

And yeah, Fergie can't do anything about it if we want Tevez. I don't want him for 36 Million, maybe for 20.

Yea we do own him. I still think Tevez for 20mill would be a bit steep tbh

BKLFC Offline
  • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
Reply #80 : April 27, 2009, 08:07:54 AM »
There was a poll asking for which mancs player you would like to see in reds shirt.  No. 1 came Ronaldo but I voted for Tevez.  I think the price is too high for Tevez.  I think we need to venture in his mind and see if he really wants to join LFC since playing for Mancs.  Must be brainwashed by now not to join LFC and Fergie would probably sell him to another club even if LFC offered more money.

Eem Offline

• 6,018 posts | 89 
Reply #81 : April 27, 2009, 08:18:14 AM »
There was a poll asking for which mancs player you would like to see in reds shirt.  No. 1 came Ronaldo but I voted for Tevez.  I think the price is too high for Tevez.  I think we need to venture in his mind and see if he really wants to join LFC since playing for Mancs.  Must be brainwashed by now not to join LFC and Fergie would probably sell him to another club even if LFC offered more money.

Where was this poll, and why in god's name would a Liverpool fan want that diving tosser here?

And Ferguson has no say in where he is going. He's not United's player, he's owned by the same guy who used to own Mascherano.

macca8 Offline

• 5,255 posts | 80 
  • If you can't love us, then fear us!
Reply #82 : April 27, 2009, 11:58:13 AM »
If you want a diver, then go to the aquatic centre. There you'll see loads of divers. Don't want him here. Useless diving p***k!

jonnylfc88 Offline
  • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
Reply #83 : April 27, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »
honestly, i would take tevez happily off their hands, the amount of enthusiasm and work he puts in (when given the opportunity) is brilliant. Finishing isn't fantastic, but isn't poor by any means. Has some flair, i think could play very well off Torres or up with him and/or stevie.

He may atm be a manc, but given the opportunity of having him, i wouldn't be able to say no. This is my perosnal opinion mind.

Eem Offline

• 6,018 posts | 89 
Reply #84 : April 27, 2009, 08:16:06 PM »
honestly, i would take tevez happily off their hands, the amount of enthusiasm and work he puts in (when given the opportunity) is brilliant. Finishing isn't fantastic, but isn't poor by any means. Has some flair, i think could play very well off Torres or up with him and/or stevie.

He may atm be a manc, but given the opportunity of having him, i wouldn't be able to say no. This is my perosnal opinion mind.

He is alot like Mascherano in that respect. He works hard for the team and gives everything he has for the cause. A real team player, but 36 Million....

I wouldn't pay that much for Messi.

bartman49 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,099 posts | 26 
Reply #85 : April 27, 2009, 08:24:38 PM »
I don't think he would cost as much as that, we have the sort of team Tevez would thrive in so from that aspect who knows what could happen. 

We need investment and if its brought to the club we to may be able to compete, Ferguson's big nightmare...

Eem Offline

• 6,018 posts | 89 
Reply #86 : April 28, 2009, 08:26:37 AM »
I don't think he would cost as much as that, we have the sort of team Tevez would thrive in so from that aspect who knows what could happen. 

We need investment and if its brought to the club we to may be able to compete, Ferguson's big nightmare...

His owners want 36 Million. I doubt it's negotiable as there are teams like City who'll pay that much for him, Real Madrid and the like.

BKLFC Offline
  • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
Reply #87 : April 28, 2009, 02:36:01 PM »
Eem,

The poll was a few months back.  I think it was in the offical LFC site.  Yeah was surprised to see Ronaldo leading the list even if he is the world player of the year.

crouchinho Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,504 posts | 592 
  • Mackenzie can suck my b*lls.
Reply #88 : April 30, 2009, 08:51:22 AM »
He is alot like Mascherano in that respect. He works hard for the team and gives everything he has for the cause. A real team player, but 36 Million....

I wouldn't pay that much for Messi.

If someone offered Messi for 50 million i'd think, 'Gimme gimme gimme!!!' 36 million for Mess is a steal.

Eem Offline

• 6,018 posts | 89 
Reply #89 : April 30, 2009, 08:05:06 PM »
If someone offered Messi for 50 million i'd think, 'Gimme gimme gimme!!!' 36 million for Mess is a steal.

Well you know what I mean. I was clearly over exaggerating.