Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lucas Neill

Read 6683 times
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      Lucas Neill
      Jan 19, 2007 12:01:27 am
      Turns down a club with the most history of sliverware in UK for a team with relegation battle just because WHU offered him more than we did. We want players playing for the heart of the club not the money of the club like Fckin ballack @ Chavski
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2007 12:05:51 pm by Court_LFC »
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Re: Lucas Neil Greedy b***ard
      Reply #1: Jan 19, 2007 01:22:53 am
      Turns down a club with the most history of sliverware in UK for a team with relegation battle just because WHU offered him more than we did. We want players playing for the heart of the club not the money of the club like Fckin ballack @ Chavski

Exactly NWA, he is typical of many greedy footballers of today. I know what I'd have chosen, and it wouldn't have been a trip to the Championship. I'd be looking to fight for my place in a team which plays in Champs league every year and will be challenging for the title really soon,and if you're good enough, then you ask about a pay rise. Prove yourself first Lucas, you've yet to do that!!

Let him be, more reason for us to hate him after what he did to Carra. Plus we could do without a guy who gets sent off every year on top of giving away loads of penalties. No loss!!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #2: Jan 19, 2007 07:43:21 am
      Thank god for that!!!!

Money grabers can go and do one!

I remember when we were gonna sign Bowyer for 13m but he kept stalling as he wasnt sure about signing for us and look how that turned out!

If you have to think about playing for us then dont bother..............
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Jan 19, 2007 09:52:05 am
      One day Lucas Neil will sit down and review his life and when his grand-kids ask him about his glittering career,”who did you play for grandad?",he will say "well I joined Millwall did you win any medals there? No im afraid not.Then where did you go?,I went to Blackburn and no I didn’t win anything there either!.But just as I thought I had ruined my career by gifting Italy a world cup match guess what happened? Did Chester City try and buy you grandad?, no don’t be cheeky it was only the greatest club side ever! You don’t mean Liverpool do you grandad? Gosh you must of won some medals there?. Err no actually I turned them down for twenty grand a week more,oh grandad did you join Juventus or Barcelona? No I went to try and win things with West Ham, bloody hell grandad you doughnut you would have been better off at Chester City!!.”
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Jan 19, 2007 11:11:13 am
      Too much is being made out of Lucas Neill moving to West Ham, They did offer him more money, but could you honestly see Neill being first choice for a League tittle winning side? I Cant, opinion was very divided on whether most fans on here wanted him any way, he's a dirty player and he's no where near as good as Stevie Finnan. So how much football would he of played for us? Maybe Lucas Neill made the correct decision for him self and his family.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #5: Jan 19, 2007 11:29:06 am
      Too much is being made out of Lucas Neill moving to West Ham, They did offer him more money, but could you honestly see Neill being first choice for a League tittle winning side? I Cant, opinion was very divided on whether most fans on here wanted him any way, he's a dirty player and he's no where near as good as Stevie Finnan. So how much football would he of played for us? Maybe Lucas Neill made the correct decision for him self and his family.

I dont know the ins and outs of his finances but im sure by now he is comfortably well off!!
      But let me put it this way Neil said he had been a fan of ours (like all players i know) if Liverpool came in for you or me now would you turn them down for West ham? no you wouldnt and thats before money is even mentioned, every fan i know would pay Liverpool to let them play for them.
      My real point is Neil as many other players have seems to have been swayed by advisors which for me is the really sad part he could have been playing Chelsea at Anfield he could have been playing Barcelona, instead he is involved in a relegation dogfight and if West ham lose the fight he can say thanks for that and get off!!
      I personally did not want Neil at Anfield my comment is more a statement on how sad it is when a player chooses cash over glory.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #6: Jan 19, 2007 11:31:35 am
      But Lucas Neill wouldn't of got a game against Barcelona if Finnan was fit, Finnan would of always been first choice. Neill must of known that.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #7: Jan 19, 2007 11:35:00 am
      Who said he wouldnt have played? no one was more stunned than me when Traore and Biscan played In a champions league final
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #8: Jan 19, 2007 11:37:02 am
      Who said he wouldnt have played? no one was more stunned than me when Traore and Biscan played In a champions league final

Biscan never played in the final mate.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: Jan 19, 2007 11:40:41 am
      Biscan never played in the final mate.
      Sorry i stand corrected forgot he was only a sub, i was trying to make the point that in general no one can second guess Rafa's or any other managers team selection.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #10: Jan 19, 2007 11:41:25 am

If Lucas Neill played a big game in front of Finnan, then Rafa is not the man to manage our club, as with decisions like that we will win nothing.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #11: Jan 19, 2007 11:47:36 am
      If Lucas Neill played a big game in front of Finnan, then Rafa is not the man to manage our club, as with decisions like that we will win nothing.

True mate, but does'nt  Rafa try to rotate every position? why should Finnan be expected to play every game and never get injured. As i said i didnt want him anyway and maybe he wouldnt have got a game against Barca, but there was a time when a player would join for the chance to wear the shirt wether it was against Barca or Barnsley.
      I just think its sad that this is the way football has gone.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #12: Jan 19, 2007 12:19:57 pm
      I didn't want him either and donut think he's good enough, but I just thought that he probably thought that if both he and Finnan were fit when the Champions League come round and any Cup finals in the future that he would be the one who misses out.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #13: Jan 19, 2007 12:25:52 pm
      Who gives a sh*t, honestly who gives a rats arse about Lucas Neil, not me thats for one. I think the main reason he turned down the offer was not just the money but the fact he would only have been a squad player and would have been playing second fiddle most of the time to the best Right Back in the country in steve Finnan. The reason we were interested in him was as backup for Steve plain and simple, he is not in the same class and he knows it so he thinks by taking an more money and the chance to play he can ressurrect and already failing career. I shall laugh my ass off when West Ham go down at the end of the season.
      « Last Edit: Jan 19, 2007 12:26:35 pm by pragmatic »
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Re: Luca
      Reply #14: Jan 21, 2007 10:44:23 am
      Lucas Neill  makes me laugh ha ha! what a idiot he turns down liverpool because we didn't try hard enough to sign him couldn't guarrentee him first team football week in week out well Lucas Neill  this is liverpool you should be falling over yourself to sign for us like most would, plus maybe we cant offer football week in week out but i fiqure most seasons we play 60 games you'd play half at least, at west ham they will play 45 games at most so in realliyl you choose to play for west ham for 15 games more a season agaisnt poor teams 15 grand a week more and because they wanted you more (well everyone else turned them down no wonder they wanted you) ohyyeas and think of all the medals you'll get to show off!
      but good luck im sure in may you'll be looking for a new club (possibly birmingham)
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      Re: Lucas Neill
      Reply #15: Jan 26, 2007 08:01:42 pm
      Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has questioned Lucas Neill's ambition after he joined West Ham this week.

Former Blackburn star Neill then claimed he had never spoken to the Anfield boss so did not feel really wanted. But Benitez dismissed those claims - and suggested Neill lacked the passion to play for the Reds.

The war of words will come to a head next Tuesday when Neill makes his Hammers debut - at home to Liverpool. Benitez said: "He says I never spoke to him but he knows that isn't true.

"His comments were a surprise because when I spoke to him he was telling me different things.

"At the end of the day, if he didn't have enough passion to come here then maybe it's better for us."
      marko
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 26, 2007 11:16:59 pm
      bollocks to lucas niell if he doesnt want to cover for stevie finnan al do it and it will only cost rafa ÂŁ250 a week and al wash me own kit. what a greedy feker a hope he is happy counting all his money when he is in 1st div and we are picking up our 6th european cup. fek me whats wrong with people? ??? ??? ???
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #17: Jan 27, 2007 04:28:53 pm
      shrewd move mate one down to Watford at home, yellow carded and substituted

worth every penny of that 70K a week
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #18: Jan 27, 2007 04:46:54 pm
      Not sure if he'll be playing against us on tuesday the c**t got injured.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #19: Jan 27, 2007 04:49:38 pm
      Not sure if he'll be playing against us on tuesday the c**t got injured.

and I bet he'll make a miracle recovery by Wednesday.
      Finally dawned on him what he's done and can't face the Reds on Tuesday.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #20: Jan 27, 2007 04:57:16 pm
      apparently its quite nasty could keep him out for the rest of the season

some sort of tear to his big toe nail i think

Watford for the cup

Come on pompey
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      Reply #21: Jan 29, 2007 06:46:16 pm
      Punished from the mighty man himself! Amen
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #22: Jan 29, 2007 06:49:46 pm
      from Sky Sports News

West Ham continue the search for defensive reinforcements, but the London side have received some welcome news in that new signing Lucas Neill has only been ruled out of action for up to three weeks.

The Australian international picked up an ankle injury on his debut after joining from Blackburn Rovers, but has only suffered minor damage.

"Lucas suffered an inversion sprain to his right ankle," head physiotherapist Steve Allen told the club's official website.

"Following MRI scans on Sunday, his estimated recovery time is two to three weeks, but we are hopeful that he could be back sooner."

All together now aaahhh !!  - Greedy B*stard !

Quick Reply