Author Topic: Concerts  (Read 68231 times)

edu_rbb Offline
  • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
  • En Sevilla
Re: concerts
Reply #30 : March 04, 2007, 12:19:40 AM »
I going to go a concert of alejandro sanz in sevilla at finish of summer holidays

Crazy Horse Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
Reply #31 : March 04, 2007, 11:35:22 AM »
Ive got tickets for the Who at Knowsley Hall!!! Cant wait the Coral and the View are on too!

When Emlyn lift it high, he lit up the Roman sky!

redkenny Offline
  • LFC Reds Admin
  • 24,589 posts | 890 
  • 96 - Always Remembered
Reply #32 : March 04, 2007, 06:30:50 PM »
Ive got tickets for the Who at Knowsley Hall!!! Cant wait the Coral and the View are on too!

Good stuff Crazy Horse! Is that the Saturday one? How much were the tickets?

Crazy Horse Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
Reply #33 : March 04, 2007, 07:22:24 PM »
I got the tickets through Ticketmaster they were £42 but after the booking fee and I paid for special delivery they were £50 each. It is the Saturday and they tickets were slightly more expensive than the Sunday ones but Its the Who so its worth it! I was supprised there was still tickets left. Cant wait now though!!! ;)

Darth Joe Offline
  • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 30 
Reply #34 : March 04, 2007, 10:18:16 PM »
you have very good English for a Malaysian! Wish I could talk Malaysian but the language I really wanna talk is Spanish, just so I could be friends with the Spainsh Rafalution. Nah really I like Spanish because it sounds nice.

Anyway im drifting away I got bad habit of that, I hope you had a good birthday I didn't know you had it

Thanks for the compliment and birthday wish, mate :D I like Spanish as well it's interesting to hear them speak. It has that cool foreign sound to it, and yet we could distinctively tell what a couple of words mean!
Liverpool FC isn't just a football club. It's a way of life.

Madzz Adzz Offline
  • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
Reply #35 : March 05, 2007, 09:35:36 PM »
goin t
Last Friday was my 21st birthday and I got the best birthday presents ever and it was from my cousin :- Tickets to a Muse concert right here in Malaysia! It was their first time here in our country and we don't actually have lots of concerts from international artistes so since Muse came here I surely couldn't miss it! And darn it, they were brilliant, simply brilliant! Anyone else here is a Muse fan and has been toa any of their shows? God, the sounds of that night are still ringing in my head... Hysteriaaaa!

goin see muse at the new wembely stadium. canot wait.

JD Offline
  • LFC Reds Admin
  • 33,796 posts | 1031 
Reply #36 : March 05, 2007, 09:43:22 PM »
Keane were good last night.  Pity it was in Manchester but never mind.  Apparently their biggest gig they have ever done on their own.

Good set, good atmos.  Well run that Arena.  Football stadia could learn a lot.  No queues to get a beer.  About a million staff on hand.  All for less than the cost of a footie ticket.  And I am sure they turn a profit even after giving most of the money to the bands....  Liverpool should be rolling in it.

Nicola Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,119 posts | -7 
  • YNWA
Reply #37 : March 05, 2007, 11:21:44 PM »
I think The Killers are at Cardiff CIA tonight..
Photo album of my first day ever at Anfield:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=14944&l=c2dc1&id=285900606

Darth Joe Offline
  • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 755 posts | 30 
Reply #38 : March 06, 2007, 03:06:03 PM »
Anyone here a fan of Bloc Party? They're one of my fave bands at the moment, and it would be brilliant to be able to watch them? Anyone seen 'em live before? Lucky people..
Liverpool FC isn't just a football club. It's a way of life.

redkenny Offline
  • LFC Reds Admin
  • 24,589 posts | 890 
  • 96 - Always Remembered
Reply #39 : March 06, 2007, 06:16:56 PM »
Yeah! I like Bloc Party! Never seen them live though. Hope they're playing the V Festival...

Keane were good last night.  Pity it was in Manchester but never mind.  Apparently their biggest gig they have ever done on their own.

Good set, good atmos.  Well run that Arena.  Football stadia could learn a lot.  No queues to get a beer.  About a million staff on hand.  All for less than the cost of a footie ticket.  And I am sure they turn a profit even after giving most of the money to the bands....  Liverpool should be rolling in it.

Love Keane, me! Did they play Bedshaped?

Glenbuck Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,889 posts | 203 
Reply #40 : March 08, 2007, 09:33:55 AM »
Going to See Arcade Fire with Patrick Wolf supporting them at the Manc Apollo tonight, day off work tomorrow so the weekend starts at 4pm today. ;D ;D ;D

Madzz Adzz Offline
  • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
Reply #41 : March 08, 2007, 07:51:11 PM »
just got my ticket for Download!!!! i carnt wait. the return of Linkin park.

batman0077 Offline
  • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
Reply #42 : March 10, 2007, 04:00:25 AM »
the who recently came by my way in the states, so one of my firends went and got me a shirt. I've worn it a lot already. GO KEITH MOON!!! RIP MATE
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 04:01:15 AM by batman0077 »
"At Liverpool we never accept second best." - Kenny Dalglish

Nicola Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,119 posts | -7 
  • YNWA
Reply #43 : March 12, 2007, 09:43:22 PM »
Ohh I saw Keane at the Tsunami Relief concert in the Mil Stad, they were great ;D

My sister saw the X Factor people last night at the CIA.. wtf!

redkenny Offline
  • LFC Reds Admin
  • 24,589 posts | 890 
  • 96 - Always Remembered
Reply #44 : May 14, 2007, 03:15:06 PM »
Going to see Groove Armada tonight in town.

I see ya baby, shakin' that ass..... :happydance: :happydance:

srslfc Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 16,281 posts | 382 
Reply #45 : May 14, 2007, 10:33:28 PM »
Anyone here a fan of Bloc Party? They're one of my fave bands at the moment, and it would be brilliant to be able to watch them? Anyone seen 'em live before? Lucky people..

Seen Bloc Party last year in Ulster Hall Belfast, absolutely amazing. One of the best gigs i've been to so far. New album is top class too!

RedScouseLaz Offline
  • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 722 posts | 24 
  • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
Reply #46 : May 21, 2007, 10:19:48 AM »
im going to see babyshambles in november @ men unfortunatley , i advise yas to get a ticket because it will be boss!!!  pete doherty is a legend!

ive seen the aussie pink floyd and they were very good for anyone who is goin to see that
Walk on

RED1028 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
  • LFC - YNWA
Reply #47 : June 15, 2007, 12:32:16 AM »
Just discovered this thread when trawling through the Arkles and thought I'd post afew of the gigs I've been to!

1st gig was The Cult at Liverpool Royal Court - March 13th 1987 - Amazing experience! Also saw The Cult at Wembley Arena in '88 - My then girlfriend payed £100 for a return trip in a cab from N.Wales!

Then the floodgates opened... in no particular order except the next group:

Iron Maiden - Donnington Monsters of Rock 1988 - August 20, 1988

* Iron Maiden
    * KISS
    * David Lee Roth
    * Guns N' Roses - 2 people got crushed to death during this set, the ground was thick with mud.
    * Megadeth
    * Helloween

Manchester Apollo 1988 - I got thrown out before the encores, got back in and missed my train home so had to sleep on the platform til 6am!

Monsters of Rock - August 18, 1990

* Whitesnake
    * Aerosmith
    * Poison
    * Quireboys
    * Thunder

Monsters of Rock - August 22, 1992

* Iron Maiden
    * Skid Row
    * Thunder
    * Slayer
    * W.A.S.P.
    * The Almighty

High-on Maiden @ Ruskin Arms, West Ham - December 1st 2002
Maiden played their 1st gig here in 1976. Met original singer Paul Di Anno and drummer Clive Burr! :action-smiley-031: :action-smiley-035:
Earls Court - Dec. 23rd 2006 and Brixton Academy - June 24th 2007.

********************************************************************************

Other memorable gigs include Hawkwind at Liverpool Royal Court 1990, also @ the Rock 'n' Blues bike rally in 1992 - It was outdoors and totally awesome with the sound and light show! Man! :cool-smiley-027: And to top it all they played in Rhyl in 1994(?) :o :ernaehrung004: :cool-smiley-027: :food-smiley-005: :action-smiley-035:

There have been many others including Dream Theater, Girlschool, Rory Gallagher, The Stranglers, Saxon, Doctor and the Medics, Big Country, The Alarm, and tons of other I can't remember plus more bands at festivals and bike rallies including IQ Zero, Insanity Beach, The Hamsters, The Original Fling (Barn dance music - Yeeehaaar!) Cruzer and ABCD - an AC/DC cover band and they were bloody awesome!
I could go on but I won't!

Good times and great memories!  ;)

Nicola Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,119 posts | -7 
  • YNWA
Reply #48 : June 15, 2007, 08:50:03 AM »
OH MY GOD I'm seeing Rod Stewart soon but I don't know when?! Must be the start of July! Lol.

Glenbuck Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,889 posts | 203 
Reply #49 : June 15, 2007, 09:46:11 AM »
I started concert going regularly in 1979 and in them days most of the bands came to the Empire or the Royal court, but then Arenas sprang up and that was that. Besides football my great passion is music and I will in general listen to anything, I even like a bit of classical now and then.
Heres some of the bands ive seen and how many times.

Thin Lizzy x 5
Whitesnake x3
AC/DC (with Bon Scott)
The Scorpions
Judas Priest
Sammy Hagar
Kiss   (at Bingley hall, what a cow shed)
Rush
Genesis (at the Liverpool Empire)
Pink Floyd (Earls Court)
The Boomtown Rats
Lindisfarne
Ultravox x3
Orchestral Manouvres in The Dark x3
A Flock of Seagulls x3
Echo and The Bunnymen
Manic Street Preachers x3
The Beautiful South
Embrace x4
Placebo x2
U2 x2
Oasis x3
Limp Bizkit
Feeder x2
Paul McCartney
David Cassidy (Press ganged by the wife to go,there was me and two other fella’s in the audience, knew I shouldn’t have worn my pink shirt that night!)
Foo Fighters x2
Kylie Minogue (Shut it, I took my daughter)
James Blunt (another choice by the wife, a concert that cheered me up no end!)
Travis x3
The Killers
Arcade Fire
The Reading Festival in 2000 and 2001 (the joys of camping)
Oasis, Travis, Stereophonics, Placebo , Rage Against the Machine, Marilyn Manson,  Run DMC, Blink 182, The Strokes, Green Day, Feeder, Iggy Pop, e.t.c I cant remember them all.
Creamfields 2002
Faithless, Underworld, Paul Oakenfold and more I cant remember. (I didn’t remember much at the time either!) ???

There are more but I honestly can’t remember them. Has anyone else seen any of the bands on the list, if so what year? As we might have been at the same concert.;D

redkenny Offline
  • LFC Reds Admin
  • 24,589 posts | 890 
  • 96 - Always Remembered
Reply #50 : June 15, 2007, 12:48:53 PM »
Glenbuck you musical beast you!! :D Been to some good gigs haven't you mate! Apart from a lot of obvious ones, I personally would have loved to see Flock Of Seaguls!!
But the only one I was at on your list was Creamfields 2002. As well as seeing Faithless and Underworld there, I also seen Grandmaster Flash, Kosheen, Layo & Bushwacka, SASHA!!!, Deep Dish......and many more but it's a bit hazey now thinking back.

Is anyone going to Glastonbury this year? Next week isn't it?

I'm going to the V Festival and doing the whole camping thing. Any helpful tips anyone?
Gonna try see as many bands as possible. My priority is to see Kasabian though.

Glenbuck Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,889 posts | 203 
Reply #51 : June 15, 2007, 01:05:02 PM »
Glenbuck you musical beast you!! :D Been to some good gigs haven't you mate! Apart from a lot of obvious ones, I personally would have loved to see Flock Of Seaguls!!
But the only one I was at on your list was Creamfields 2002. As well as seeing Faithless and Underworld there, I also seen Grandmaster Flash, Kosheen, Layo & Bushwacka, SASHA!!!, Deep Dish......and many more but it's a bit hazey now thinking back.

Is anyone going to Glastonbury this year? Next week isn't it?

I'm going to the V Festival and doing the whole camping thing. Any helpful tips anyone?
Gonna try see as many bands as possible. My priority is to see Kasabian though.

Afternoon Kenny, A flock of seagulls where meant to be on in Liverpool last December as I bought tickets, unfortunately I was the only one who did so they cancelled. I'm not doing Glasto but that doesn't stop me wetting myself waiting for it to start, bbc3 usually do such extensive coverage that you dont usually miss many of the bands. Make sure you watch the Killers set and tell me what you think of Arcade fire if you can catch them, other bands I cant wait to see are the Artics,the Enemy,Editors and Biffy Clyro.
When we camped at Reading the first tip was to get to the site as soon as your allowed on as you will be short on decent pitches if your late, NEVER camp within 50 yards of the chemical bogs as although they smell ok when you get there by the end of the weekend they smell like a Moroccan market. Bring as much as you can food,drink and hygiene wise as they will charge you an arm and a leg in the site shops.Oh take a torch, first year at Reading we didn't and had to do Matrix style manouvres to get round other tents without tripping over the lines as it was pitch black! ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 01:08:36 PM by Glenbuck »

redkenny Offline
  • LFC Reds Admin
  • 24,589 posts | 890 
  • 96 - Always Remembered
Reply #52 : June 15, 2007, 01:25:07 PM »
Afternoon Kenny, A flock of seagulls where meant to be on in Liverpool last December as I bought tickets, unfortunately I was the only one who did so they cancelled. I'm not doing Glasto but that doesn't stop me wetting myself waiting for it to start, bbc3 usually do such extensive coverage that you dont usually miss many of the bands. Make sure you watch the Killers set and tell me what you think of Arcade fire if you can catch them, other bands I cant wait to see are the Artics,the Enemy,Editors and Biffy Clyro.
When we camped at Reading the first tip was to get to the site as soon as your allowed on as you will be short on decent pitches if your late, NEVER camp within 50 yards of the chemical bogs as although they smell ok when you get there by the end of the weekend they smell like a Moroccan market. Bring as much as you can food,drink and hygiene wise as they will charge you an arm and a leg in the site shops.Oh take a torch, first year at Reading we didn't and had to do Matrix style manouvres to get round other tents without tripping over the lines as it was pitch black! ;D

Afternoon Glenbuck. Yeah I only found out about The Flocks until it had past, so was gutted.
As for Glasto, I know what you mean mate! Remember being hooked to BBC interactive two years ago. Couldn't believe how much coverage they had. Also on Radio1 as well. The Killers were ace last time as were The White Stripes and Kasabians set blew my socks off!!! I haven't heard much of Arcade Fire so I'll look out for them. Love The Editors!!!
Thanks for the tips mate. Very much appreciated!! No Matrix manouvres for this year! Especially after a lot of drinking....

Watt Offline
  • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 22 
Reply #53 : June 15, 2007, 02:28:01 PM »

My bf gonna see (and hear I guess..?) Metallica in a couple of weeks..
I wanna go tooooooo!!  :(

MsGerrard Offline
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 28,756 posts | 873 
  • The Reds are coming up the hill boys !!!
Reply #54 : June 15, 2007, 02:57:22 PM »
A bit like Glenbuck, I've been going to concerts since the late 70's, although my musical tastes are somewhat different.

A list of who I've seen, the ones I can remember anyway 8)

Cilla Black (she was my hero when I was little)
Cliff Richard
Gloria Estefan
Rod Stewart
The Police
Roxy Music
Queen
The Jam
Style Council
O.M.D
A Flock of Seagulls
Duran Duran
Spandau Ballet
Japan
Madness
Blondie
A.B.C
Diana Ross
The Jackson 5
The Temptations
The Supremes
Jnr Walker & the All Stars
S. Club 7 (daughter bent my arm back)
Spice Girls (Took my daughter to Wembley)
Robbie Williams

That's all I can remember, would love to have seen Madonna, she is so great and I kind of grew up with her music. :happyspin:
Also seen;
Echo and the Bunnymen
Boomtown Rats
Ultravox

These were all in concert in Leicester, so Glenbuck I wouldn't have bumped into you.
The only concert I saw in Liverpool was Queen at the Empire, I was on the front row and Freddie Mercury kept standing right above me, I didn't know where to look.... well I did.... but I didn't like to... :laugh: :laugh:

smigger15 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,423 posts | 284 
  • YNWA - JFT96
Reply #55 : June 15, 2007, 02:59:17 PM »
Mine too:

Michael Jackson ( Amazing concert)
The Temptations
The Supremes
David Bowie
The Four Tops
Labi Siffre ( wonder what happened to him?)
Stevie Wonder
Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music
Kylie Minogue ( and no I didnt take anyone, I wanted to see her !!)
Madness
Fairground Attraction
Jnr Walker & the all stars

Cant think of anymore off the top of my head, but one I would loved to have seen but never got the opportunity was Queen. 

RedKenny, did you enjoy Groove Armada last night and were you shakin' your ass ?      ;) ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 03:01:51 PM by smigger15 »

YNWA - Thanks Grandad

Glenbuck Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,889 posts | 203 
Reply #56 : June 15, 2007, 03:08:08 PM »
MsGerrard and Smigger i cant believe that neither of you saw the Osmonds or went to see the Bay city Rollers with your half mast kecks platform shoes and tartan scarves on your wrists, i know i did didn't.  ;D

MsGerrard Offline
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 28,756 posts | 873 
  • The Reds are coming up the hill boys !!!
Reply #57 : June 15, 2007, 03:19:05 PM »
MsGerrard and Smigger I cant believe that neither of you saw the Osmonds or went to see the Bay city Rollers with your half mast kecks platform shoes and tartan scarves on your wrists, I know I did didn't.  ;D

I was a mad Bay City Rollers fan with my tartan trousers and scarf, and best of all my Woody jumper that my Mum knitted for me, what a sight I must have looked!!!

Glenbuck Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,889 posts | 203 
Reply #58 : June 15, 2007, 03:37:17 PM »
I was a mad Bay City Rollers fan with my tartan trousers and scarf, and best of all my Woody jumper that my Mum knitted for me, what a sight I must have looked!!!

The worrying thing is i had a haircut like the lad at the front. But i now have a haircut like Moby!

Crazy Horse Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
Reply #59 : June 15, 2007, 04:01:25 PM »
My Roll of honour-

Gun 'n' Roses x 2
The Cult
Mega death
AC/DC x2
Faith no more
Blind Melon
Soul Asylum
Soun Garden
Madness x 2
Carter the unstoppable sex machine!
Queens of the stoneage
Fun loving criminals
Space
Blue tones
Paul McCartney
The Offspring
Top Loader x 2
ABC
Robbie x 2 (with the misses!!!!)
The Red Hot Chilli pepers
James Brown
The Farm
Ocean Colour Scene

And Im off to see the Who next week in Knowsley!