Author Topic: The Film Discussion Thread.  (Read 253494 times)

Sisowler Offline
  • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
  • . 1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
Re: The Best Film You Have Seen Recently
Reply #60 : June 02, 2007, 04:06:55 PM »
Spider man 3 is quite good.

redkenny Offline
  • LFC Reds Admin
  • 24,589 posts | 890 
  • 96 - Always Remembered
Reply #61 : June 02, 2007, 04:44:17 PM »
I want to see Wedding Daze. anyone seen it?

I wouldn't mind seeing that either. I haven't seen a good comedy film for ages now.
Is it out on the pics?

comeonyoureds Offline
  • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
Reply #62 : June 02, 2007, 04:48:49 PM »
Me either. i love american pie and fils like that...and jason biggs is hot!  ;D
Yep it is, came out yesterday ( i think)
WALK ON WALK ON WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEART AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

JD Offline
  • LFC Reds Admin
  • 33,975 posts | 1049 
Reply #63 : June 02, 2007, 04:49:29 PM »
Spiderman 3 was ok. Nothing spectacular. 

Watched that World Trade Center last night. Pretty poor.

Sisowler Offline
  • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
  • . 1977 1978 1981 1984 2005
Reply #64 : June 02, 2007, 04:56:55 PM »
Borat is a good comedy. IMO its the funniest thing ever :lmao: but a lot of adults hate it.

redkenny Offline
  • LFC Reds Admin
  • 24,589 posts | 890 
  • 96 - Always Remembered
Reply #65 : June 02, 2007, 05:03:41 PM »
Me either. I love american pie and fils like that...and jason biggs is hot!  ;D
Yep it is, came out yesterday ( I think)

Yeah the first American Pie was funny I thought. For silly comedy though, you just can't beat Dumb And Dumber or The Wedding Singer! Love them films!

I watched one that was on Channel 4 the other night. Wolf Creek. Anyone seen it? One of the most depressing films ever! Don't watch it....

comeonyoureds Offline
  • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
Reply #66 : June 02, 2007, 05:03:47 PM »
borat was funny first time, really funny but not so much second time. mind you, i dont know of anything that is as funny when you know whats gonna happen! ;D  ;D

EddieC Offline
  • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,558 posts | 232 
Reply #67 : June 02, 2007, 05:57:11 PM »
Watched Night at the Museum the other day, a lot better than I thought it would be. It has a scene where Ben Stiller's slapping a monkey, one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

Also watched The Last King of Scotland, which wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It didn't really seem to have any storyline to it.

Nicola Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,119 posts | -7 
  • YNWA
Reply #68 : June 02, 2007, 06:10:21 PM »
the only bit that made me really go 'urgh' was the bit with the brain op. it wasnt that bad otherwise...and thats saying something for me!;D
I want to see Wedding Daze. anyone seen it?
I found that interesting, I love watching operations and stuff!! When she goes "pour alcohol on it" or something my bf was like "yehhhh get him drunk" and I was like "no you twit it's to kill any bacteria that could get in" grr he doesn't get science. He tells me off for when he makes a joke and I correct him.. oops. Yeah I thought I'd be squirming and hiding under the cover, but the only bit I hid from was the pigs (cos their faces were freaky, and I don't like seeing animals chopped up.. *I feel sick*) and Jigsaw's masg, cos it scares the crap out of me.
Nah Wedding Daze looks weird.. But I don't think I quite understand the story.. I can't afford cinema at the mo :'(

Watched Night at the Museum the other day, a lot better than I thought it would be. It has a scene where Ben Stiller's slapping a monkey, one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

Also watched The Last King of Scotland, which wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It didn't really seem to have any storyline to it.
Night at the Museum is brilliant I love that ;D Sooo funny!
Ohh we watched King of Scotland on Tuesday night, the boys rented it and my bf wanted to watch it so we did.. it was a good film like, I thought it would be about a war though, not the King of Uganda.. Oh no he was President wasn't he..
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 06:12:38 PM by Nicola, Reason: I\'m stupid! »
Photo album of my first day ever at Anfield:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=14944&l=c2dc1&id=285900606

comeonyoureds Offline
  • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
Reply #69 : June 02, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »
I found that interesting, I love watching operations and stuff!! When she goes "pour alcohol on it" or something my bf was like "yehhhh get him drunk" and I was like "no you twit it's to kill any bacteria that could get in" grr he doesn't get science. He tells me off for when he makes a joke and I correct him.. oops. Yeah I thought I'd be squirming and hiding under the cover, but the only bit I hid from was the pigs (cos their faces were freaky, and I don't like seeing animals chopped up.. *I feel sick*) and Jigsaw's masg, cos it scares the crap out of me.
Nah Wedding Daze looks weird.. But I don't think I quite understand the story.. I can't afford cinema at the mo :'(
Night at the Museum is brilliant I love that ;D Sooo funny!
Ohh we watched King of Scotland on Tuesday night, the boys rented it and my bf wanted to watch it so we did.. it was a good film like, I thought it would be about a war though, not the King of Uganda.. Oh no he was President wasn't he..

argh I hate the jigsaw mask. my mate dressed up as him for fancy dress- was so freaky. I forgot about the pig bit. that was rank!! im pretty squeamish-i cant even watch casualty sometimes. but thats got something to do with the fact that i dont like hospitals either!
Yeah the first American Pie was funny I thought. For silly comedy though, you just can't beat Dumb And Dumber or The Wedding Singer! Love them films!

I watched one that was on Channel 4 the other night. Wolf Creek. Anyone seen it? One of the most depressing films ever! Don't watch it....

wolf creek- i didnt mind that! and i dont like films like that normally. i wouldnt watch it again, and yes i agree it was very depressing!!! :(

Jabba Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,376 posts |
Reply #70 : June 02, 2007, 06:37:45 PM »
I thought Night at the Museum was poor. And a con because it is actually about 3 nights at the museum.

If only it had actually have been one.

EddieC Offline

• 5,558 posts | 232 
Reply #71 : June 02, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
I thought Night at the Museum was poor. And a con because it is actually about 3 nights at the museum.

You didn't even like the monkey slapping scene?

comeonyoureds Offline
  • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
Reply #72 : June 02, 2007, 06:41:38 PM »

i havent seen it but that made me laugh-3 nights at the museum! :)

lester76 Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,699 posts | 61 
Reply #73 : June 02, 2007, 09:13:46 PM »

Last King was really disappointing....Forrest Whittacker gave a great performance but McAvoy's character was  a bit ennoying and irresponsible...the film was pretty average...you  could tell it was a first time director....a little too staged and formulaic.....

Wolk Creek is narly though! Wasn't a bad teen horror movie...just wish just once they'd cast decent young actors....it wasthe same with Hostel...great premise but so badly acted it took away from the tension...saying that Hostel 2 is out next week.

If you want a recommendation for a funny movie.....more City Slicker funny than Borat funny watch 'Lost in America'......watched it again the other day...1985 Albert Brooks movie.....really good....a little slow at first but worth it...
PS3 Fifa 12 - IanRush76

AussieRed Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 10,144 posts | 592 
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
Reply #74 : June 03, 2007, 11:30:15 AM »
I recently watched Blood Diamond...excellent movie but made me think about getting the missus' engagement ring, taking out the diamond and sending it off to some poor dude in South Africa ;)

lester76 Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,699 posts | 61 
Reply #75 : June 07, 2007, 07:35:37 PM »
Finally got to see 'Little Children'.....fantastic film. Realy recommend it.....really uncomfortable film....ain't  a date movie or a family flick...pretty heavy going but well worth it. Would love others opinions on the film.
PS3 Fifa 12 - IanRush76

Venom-C Offline
  • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 796 posts |
Reply #76 : June 08, 2007, 12:13:59 PM »
300 was for me, the only blockbuster this year.

Cant wait for Transformers to come out in july. Its so gonna rock! Seen previews and looks awesomly amazing (yes, I said "awesomely amazing")

comeonyoureds Offline
  • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
Reply #77 : June 08, 2007, 12:40:53 PM »
I didnt think I'd be as excited as I am about Transformers! cant believe how long we've got to wait for it though!

Venom-C Offline
  • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 796 posts |
Reply #78 : June 08, 2007, 12:51:09 PM »
Yeah. Its being directed by Micheal Bay and produced by Steven Spielberg. I couldnt have picked anyone better in those respective jobs.

lester76 Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,699 posts | 61 
Reply #79 : June 08, 2007, 05:58:40 PM »
Another comedy to look forward to is 'Evan Almighty' with Steve Carrell....a sequel of sorts of Jim Carrey's 'Bruce Almighty'.....looks  good.....though haven't seen any reviews yet
PS3 Fifa 12 - IanRush76

RedWilly Offline

• 5,645 posts | 109 
Reply #80 : June 08, 2007, 09:11:49 PM »
Im going to watch "are we done yet?" when it comes out the follow on from "are we there yet?" both very good films. Has anyone watched the wedding crashers, thats a funny film!

comeonyoureds Offline
  • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
Reply #81 : June 09, 2007, 09:54:15 AM »
Wedding Crashers was a great film  ;D

Theres another one coming out, i think its called 'Knocked Up' (or something like that!). The bloke from 40 Year Old Virgin is in it.

lester76 Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,699 posts | 61 
Reply #82 : June 09, 2007, 05:59:55 PM »
'Knocked up' came out over here last weekend and has done fantastically well....great reviews....ment to be hill-hairy-arse.....
PS3 Fifa 12 - IanRush76

RedPuppy Online
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 12,861 posts | 361 
  • Parum Rutilus Canis
Reply #83 : June 09, 2007, 06:42:38 PM »
Watched "Ocean's 13" Yesterday, again for Me at least very good, I love that type of film, sharp 50's suits with the music to go with it. If you liked the first two you should not be disappointed. The trailers though were the usual rubbish, But I did get my 'photo taken with the Simpson Family, I was like a big kid! ;D (they have a big life size 3D model in the annex at Cheshire Oaks)

NAPM

comeonyoureds Offline
  • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
Reply #84 : June 10, 2007, 04:43:58 PM »
'Knocked up' came out over here last weekend and has done fantastically well....great reviews....ment to be hill-hairy-arse.....

Ah looking forward to that then! :)

vince Offline
  • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
Reply #85 : June 10, 2007, 04:59:34 PM »
dead mans shoes is an excellent film although its not new.its a British film with an amazing story and great acting with no names in it which i like because most films with big names are usually poor to say the least,although night at the museum is a great family film Owen Wilson and Steve coogan steal the show as miniature toy soldiers

Nicola Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,119 posts | -7 
  • YNWA
Reply #86 : June 13, 2007, 10:21:43 PM »
You know what I can't wait to see..

SHREK 3

RED1028 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
  • LFC - YNWA
Reply #87 : June 13, 2007, 11:04:52 PM »
Got the DVD the day before the Premiere in Leicester Square!  ;) But haven't seen it, yet!  ::)

Nicola Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,119 posts | -7 
  • YNWA
Reply #88 : June 13, 2007, 11:06:13 PM »
Aww, well let me know what to expect! ;)

RED1028 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
  • LFC - YNWA
Reply #89 : June 14, 2007, 10:17:21 PM »
Aww, well let me know what to expect! ;)
A big, fat monster, answers to the name of Rooney!  :lmao: