I wasn't too sure what to say but I eventually got it out.
Dear Tom Hicks,
My name is Paul Semple. I am a Liverpool Football Club supporter. As you well know, your ownership of the club, alongside George Gillet, has resulted in a lot of anger towards the two of you. This is simply because you and Mr Gillet, are ruining our glorious club. Liverpool have won 18 league titles, 5 European Cups, 7 League Cups, 7 FA Cups and 3 UEFA Cups, amongst others. Unless you sort out our current problem I.e. sell the club to an owner that delievers on their promises and not just one that will give you a massive pay package, this club will not be able to progress to winning more trophies. I am 18 years old. I have grown up as a Liverpool supporter starved of a good manager and thus, has resulted in very few trophies coming into the club. In the 18 years of my life, Liverpool have never won a league and they have won 1 European Cup amongst several other trophies. However, now that we have a fantastic manger in place, Mr Rafael Benitez, you seem content in trying to ruin our best chances of winning the league in years. You have provided Rafa with very little money, you have put the club into further debt due to your borrowing and you have not delievered on your promises e.g. a new Stadium in Stanley Park. I think you owe it to the fans of the club to answer the many questions put to you.
1) Why are you at this club in the first place? Is it simply to make money?
2) What are the chances of you selling to a buyer who actually wishes to help the Reds, anytime soon?
3) Why is Rafa being given very little money despite money coming into the club via marketing, player sales etc?
4) Did you not say recently that any money made from player sales would go into Rafas transfer budget?
5) What is happening with our new stadium plans that you pomised to deliver?
6) Do you think it is acceptable for your son to send abusive emails to Liverpool fans who only have Liverpools best interests in heart?
7) Do you not care about what the fans have to think about the club?
8 ) Do you not care that you and Gillet are turning this club into a laughing stock?
9) What happened to the deal with DIC?
10) Why do you and George Gillet refuse to sit down and talk to one another?
11) Why do you continue to ignore the Spirit of Shankly group that require answers with regards to your ownership and regularly stage protests that gain huge supoort against your ownership of the club?
In truth, I have many more specific questions to ask you. I appreciate that you are a busy man, running several businesses and a Club, and therefore I have sent you questions that you should have no problem answering. Afterall, all the clubs supporters want is the truth. We know when people are just saying things to get us of their backs so please do tell the truth. I am a member of a Liverpool forum (www.lfcreds.com
) and I would appreciate if you could email me back with some good news with regards to the questions I have asked so I can share with my fellow fans. I urge you to go onto that forum and just see what my fellow supporters think of your ownersship of our glorious club. Yours sincerely,
I tryed sending it yesterday but it wouldn't let me so I am going to give it another go today.