Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1108216 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #11224: Nov 27, 2014 04:42:07 pm
      So just what we needed, another one upholding a proud tradition ?

You obviously don't rate Lucas and have a unconscious bias because his passing was good and accurate going to feet to the players in front of him.
       Not his fault once it got to Allen and more so Henderson and Gerrard there control of keeping hold of the ball was atrocious if I am being kind. That's where most of our play broke up.

You just keep blaming Lucas if it makes you feel better.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11225: Nov 27, 2014 05:00:27 pm
                                                  2014/15

Gerrard  better % passing accuracy
      Gerrard  better % duals won
      Gerrard  better % aerial duals won
      Gerrard better %  tackles won
      Gerrard better % of successful crosses
      Gerrard 26 chances created                       Lucas 1 chance created

I went for the percentage options because obviously Gerrard has played more games.

Gerrards 26 chances created are the second highest only behind Sterling on 28 chances.

Maybe I should have posted this in the Gerrard thread.... doesn't seem to be much mention of Lucas :)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11226: Nov 27, 2014 05:22:23 pm
                                                  2014/15

I went for the percentage options because obviously Gerrard has played more games.

Gerrards 26 chances created are the second highest only behind Sterling on 28 chances.

Maybe I should have posted this in the Gerrard thread.... doesn't seem to be much mention of Lucas :)

Lucas played 3 games and 123 mins, Gerrard 12 games & 1080 mins, also, Gerrard has played further up the pitch 3 times this season as well as being our set piece taker....

Let's look at the passing in the opposition half too, Lucas 83.3% , Gerrard 76.4%.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #11227: Nov 27, 2014 05:24:46 pm
                                                  2014/15

Why don't you just post his stats from 10 years ago I'm sure there even better!

We are talking about the games recently this season and in particular yesterday. Maybe  you need reminding of the Palace game

Gerrard
      tackles - 0
      Interceptions - 0
      Fouls - 0

This for a player in the DM position.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11228: Nov 27, 2014 05:26:33 pm
      Lucas played 3 games and 123 mins, Gerrard 12 games & 1080 mins, also, Gerrard has played further up the pitch 3 times this season as well as being our set piece taker....

Let's look at the passing in the opposition half too, Lucas 83.3% , Gerrard 76.4%.

Which is why I used the percentage options !

So that makes it 6-1 to Gerrard?

Gerrard more goals
      Gerrard more assists

8-1 to Gerrard
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #11229: Nov 27, 2014 05:49:06 pm
       Per Game           Tackles    Intercepts   Fouls     Passing Accuracy

Gerrard.                   1.7.         1.2.         0.4               87.2
      Lucas.                      2.3.         1.7.         1.7.              88.3

Oh yes and Gerrard has 1 assist this season compared to 0 for Lucas
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11230: Nov 27, 2014 06:06:24 pm
      Gerrard better tackles won 68.2%   Lucas 60%

I am getting my stats from the official site and Opta http://www.liverpoolfc.com/statistics/player-comparison

Not sure where you are getting yours from, or maybe you are just including all the tackles lost, which is hardly a good thing!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #11231: Nov 27, 2014 06:11:40 pm
      Gerrard better tackles won 68.2%   Lucas 60%

I am getting my stats from the official site and Opta http://www.liverpoolfc.com/statistics/player-comparison

Not sure where you are getting yours from, or maybe you are just including all the tackles lost, which is hardly a good thing!

Whoscored.com

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11232: Nov 27, 2014 06:15:39 pm

I think I win that one too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11233: Nov 27, 2014 06:32:04 pm
      I am really perplexed as to why stats are being used to compare Gerrard and Lucas this season. Do you think Gerrard is better than Lucas in the defensive midfield role, s@int?

Look at last seasons stats, Lucas played far less minutes and was still better than Gerrard defensively and in possession play too.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11234: Nov 27, 2014 06:41:25 pm
      I am really perplexed as to why stats are being used to compare Gerrard and Lucas this season. Do you think Gerrard is better than Lucas in the defensive midfield role, s@int?

Look at last seasons stats, Lucas played far less minutes and was still better than Gerrard defensively and in possession play too.

No it just annoys me when Gerrard has been taking all sorts of abuse for his performances this season, Lucas has done no better when he has played and people grovel at his feet as if he is some sort of F***ing God. Been the same for a couple of seasons now. Maybe it is people trying to compensate for how guilty they feel for lambasting Lucas years ago, but I just try to say it as I see it.

Lucas was average yesterday imo.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #11235: Nov 27, 2014 06:47:29 pm

Won what? If I knew it was a competition tell me the rules at least.

Lucas starts one game and the haters are already out  :lmao:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11236: Nov 27, 2014 06:53:21 pm
      Won what? If I knew it was a competition tell me the rules at least.

Lucas starts one game and the haters are already out  :lmao:

I don't hate Lucas and defended him when he was getting all the abuse a few years ago. Maybe that is why I don't feel the need to try to exaggerate his importance and how he plays now.

Gerrard has only one assist so far this season.... what year was it the last time Lucas got an assist?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11237: Nov 27, 2014 06:55:18 pm
      I don't hate Lucas and defended him when he was getting all the abuse a few years ago. Maybe that is why I don't feel the need to try to exaggerate his importance and how he plays now.

Gerrard has only one assist so far this season.... what year was it the last time Lucas got an assist?

Against Ludo :)

For Rickie's tap in.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11238: Nov 27, 2014 07:00:26 pm
      Against Ludo :)

For Rickie's tap in.

Came off a Ludo player mate ... made me look though!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11239: Nov 27, 2014 07:03:11 pm
      Came off a Ludo player mate ... made me look though!

Ah did it, those damn stat men!

To be fair giving them the assist for that is probably fair even if it didn't.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11240: Nov 27, 2014 07:06:13 pm
      Ah did it, those damn stat men!

To be fair giving them the assist for that is probably fair even if it didn't.

It did mate. The Ludo player heads the ball, then the other Ludo player and goalkeeper leave it to each other... then Lambert heads it in. http://footyroom.com/pfc-ludogorets-razgrad-2-2-liverpool-2014-11/
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11241: Nov 27, 2014 07:12:45 pm
      It did mate. The Ludo player heads the ball, then the other Ludo player and goalkeeper leave it to each other... then Lambert heads it in. http://footyroom.com/pfc-ludogorets-razgrad-2-2-liverpool-2014-11/

So it does, poor Lucas winning the ball back and putting the ball in gets no credit eh...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11242: Nov 27, 2014 07:18:44 pm
      So it does, poor Lucas winning the ball back and putting the ball in gets no credit eh...

He didn't win the ball back either... just picked up the loose ball after someone else did all the hard work. You are always trying to give him too much credit mate :)  He gets a pat on the back... what more could he want?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11243: Nov 27, 2014 07:25:48 pm
      He didn't win the ball back either... just picked up the loose ball after someone else did all the hard work. You are always trying to give him too much credit mate :)  He gets a pat on the back... what more could he want?

Hahaha... you're on to me!!! Oh no.

To be honest mate I think he has done well in both games against Real and last night. Felt much more secure about our midfield with him there. If the stats don't back that up then fair enough it's just been my impression.

Since he came back from his injury I've never claimed he is outstanding or anything really above decent but I have said he's the best DM we have at the club and I stick by that. Selling him this Jan would therefore (unless 2 come in) be a mistake. I said the same thing about Reina as it's stupid to leave yourself so exposed with so much on the line. Unfortunately that's what we'll probably do.

As for giving him too much credit, probably my way of over-compensating for slating him too much when he was first in the side.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11244: Nov 27, 2014 07:48:56 pm
      Hahaha... you're on to me!!! Oh no.

To be honest mate I think he has done well in both games against Real and last night. Felt much more secure about our midfield with him there. If the stats don't back that up then fair enough it's just been my impression.

Since he came back from his injury I've never claimed he is outstanding or anything really above decent but I have said he's the best DM we have at the club and I stick by that. Selling him this Jan would therefore (unless 2 come in) be a mistake. I said the same thing about Reina as it's stupid to leave yourself so exposed with so much on the line. Unfortunately that's what we'll probably do.

As for giving him too much credit, probably my way of over-compensating for slating him too much when he was first in the side.

I said he was average last night in my original post, I don't think that was too harsh personally. I just think that the different way people treat Lucas and Gerrard is a bit much at times.

I also said that if he will stay he will be a useful squad player.

My own view is that Lucas is not the solution to our defensive problems, we need more than a DM to solve that problem but he may help.

Would we have conceded more last night if he hadn't played ... probably not imo.     
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #11245: Nov 27, 2014 07:56:35 pm

Kind of unfair to use Gerrard's one assist as a reason to use him over Lucas. Gerrard takes every set piece so having only 1 assist so far this season is pretty terrible, being honest.

Lucas deserves more playing time, i am not a huge fan but he seems more comfortable there for us.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #11246: Nov 27, 2014 08:01:31 pm
      Kind of unfair to use Gerrard's one assist as a reason to use him over Lucas. Gerrard takes every set piece so having only 1 assist so far this season is pretty terrible, being honest.

Lucas deserves more playing time, i am not a huge fan but he seems more comfortable there for us.

I agree with both your points mate.

In defence of Gerrard if he is setting up chances and others aren't taking them ... it is hardly his fault? He has created 26 chances in the league only one of which has been taken. Is that Gerrard's fault or maybe the fact that Sturridge and Suarez aren't playing?

Similarly the fact that Gerrard is our joint top scorer a quarter way through the season says more about our strike force than it does about Gerrard.

Quick Reply