Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

From Houlding To Hicks

Read 2259 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      From Houlding To Hicks
      Jul 04, 2010 11:37:15 pm
      118 years ago Liverpool Football Club was founded by a man named John Houlding. Without him, this great club wouldn't exist. Fast forward to the modern day and this great club, our club, is well past the point of disaster - we're heading for extinction.

The summers of thinking "which trophy are we gonna win this season" have long gone, now our biggest worry is "will we still have a club next summer?" Those days of League Championships, classic European nights and regular visits to Wembley have become distant memories for us now. And they don't seem to be returning any time soon and that's because the club is being run into the ground by not only the owners, but their shithouse, gobs***e board members as well.

What John Houlding did was create a football club, he created the greatest football club in the world. Tom Hicks and George Gillett have ruined that club. They've tore it limb from limb. But the heart of the club still beats inside every one of us Reds. We will not, we can not, allow our club to die. Once the owners tear the heart out of the club, once they tear us out of the club then it's over.

John Houlding didn't manage to see his own dream through of us being the greatest football club in the world. But what he built was enough for the likes of T.V. Williams, John Smith and David Moores to build us even further. Success came with a list of legendary managers and Liverpool Football Club was the benchmark of every other club because not only were we the best on the field, but also off it. The Liverpool Way it was called, any problems happened in house.

But Tom Hicks, George Gillett, Christian Purslow and Martin Broughton are tearing down the building that John Houlding started to build. They're tearing it down at such a rate that there may not be a building anymore to call Liverpool Football Club.

I plead with every one of you Reds who reads this, not to allow our club to go under and go bust. Hicks and Gillett want money, that's all they're here for so please do not give them any more of your money. If they realise that they're not getting the money from the fans, then they will have to sell the club. They will have to leave.

Hopefully somebody in authority will also get through to the banks to stop constantly refinancing them. That's been our biggest struggle, that every time a deadline comes up they get further time to pay. John Houlding didn't build this club for banks to refinance the American owners. Bill Shankly didn't build this club to a bastion of invincibility just so in the future the banks can refinance the American owners ruining his empire. Bob Paisley didn't build this club into European Cup winners just so the American owners could play with this club like it was a toy while banks refinance them.

No this club was built for us Reds to have something in life that we live for. If this club, the most successful club in England, goes extinct then what have we to live for? How empty would your life be without Liverpool Football Club? I couldn't start supporting any other club, no matter what I just couldn't. I'm a fan of Liverpool Football Club and I fear for my club's future while Hicks and Gillett are running it. We bleed with this club, we cry with this club yet we still don't turn away from this club. That's what it means to us, those yanks don't understand or appreciate that.

To us it is not a plaything or a franchise but rather our life. It was the life of John Houlding, T.V. Williams, John Smith, David Moores and so many others. It's a money making scheme for Hicks and Gillett, well do not give them your money for the good of your club. Banks, do not give them any more money for the good of our club.

And, in time, maybe we will have security over our club's future. Maybe we'll all get a few more peaceful nights knowing our club will still exist tomorrow. And maybe we will return to the benchmark of all other clubs.

That can only happen if we give them "Not A Penny More".
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,232 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: From Houlding To Hicks
      Reply #1: Jul 04, 2010 11:42:10 pm
      Great post we need to follow Not A Penny More
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #2: Jul 04, 2010 11:57:13 pm
      A fantastic post mate, time well spent. I'm going to Anfield for a tour in two weeks, but apart from that I'll be giving them f*ck all of my money. I'm actually only going because I promised my two friends me and my dad would take them, but that was way back early in the year before someone came up with the idea to stop funding them, plus it'll be our first time at Anfield.

But believe me when I say this, they won't be getting ANY of my money afterwards. Not for a shirt, not for a ticket to the game, not for anything that's funding them.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Jul 05, 2010 12:05:54 am
      Well said.

I refer you all to my signature.

BOYCOTT ALL GAMES AND MERCHANDISE
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #4: Jul 05, 2010 01:21:38 am
      F***ing boss post DLS.

Not a penny more!!!!
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #5: Jul 05, 2010 02:46:58 am
      Excellent post there DLS. Let's hope the message get's through to the masses sooner rather than later.

Not A Penny More!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: Jul 05, 2010 05:38:00 am
       The RATS that own and are responsible for the state this club is in are a disgrace to  the memories of John Houlding and all the great past Presidents and secretaries of Liverpool Football. Club.It makes me sick to think that that we have gone from one of the most respected clubs to the state we are in today.Good post D.L.S. well said.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #7: Jul 05, 2010 09:53:42 am
      Brilliant post. Couldn't say fairer than that.

Not a Penny More!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #8: Jul 05, 2010 11:17:00 am
      Top post that Billy
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #9: Jul 05, 2010 11:28:49 am
      Brilliant that billy, nice one.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #10: Jul 05, 2010 12:12:15 pm
      Nice one Billy.

I have posted the article on the site.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #11: Jul 05, 2010 12:46:59 pm
      Very good post
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #12: Jul 05, 2010 01:57:47 pm
      118 years ago Liverpool Football Club was founded by a man named John Houlding. Without him, this great club wouldn't exist. Fast forward to the modern day and this great club, our club, is well past the point of disaster - we're heading for extinction.

The summers of thinking "which trophy are we gonna win this season" have long gone, now our biggest worry is "will we still have a club next summer?" Those days of League Championships, classic European nights and regular visits to Wembley have become distant memories for us now. And they don't seem to be returning any time soon and that's because the club is being run into the ground by not only the owners, but their shithouse, gobs***e board members as well.

What John Houlding did was create a football club, he created the greatest football club in the world. Tom Hicks and George Gillett have ruined that club. They've tore it limb from limb. But the heart of the club still beats inside every one of us Reds. We will not, we can not, allow our club to die. Once the owners tear the heart out of the club, once they tear us out of the club then it's over.

John Houlding didn't manage to see his own dream through of us being the greatest football club in the world. But what he built was enough for the likes of T.V. Williams, John Smith and David Moores to build us even further. Success came with a list of legendary managers and Liverpool Football Club was the benchmark of every other club because not only were we the best on the field, but also off it. The Liverpool Way it was called, any problems happened in house.

But Tom Hicks, George Gillett, Christian Purslow and Martin Broughton are tearing down the building that John Houlding started to build. They're tearing it down at such a rate that there may not be a building anymore to call Liverpool Football Club.

I plead with every one of you Reds who reads this, not to allow our club to go under and go bust. Hicks and Gillett want money, that's all they're here for so please do not give them any more of your money. If they realise that they're not getting the money from the fans, then they will have to sell the club. They will have to leave.

Hopefully somebody in authority will also get through to the banks to stop constantly refinancing them. That's been our biggest struggle, that every time a deadline comes up they get further time to pay. John Houlding didn't build this club for banks to refinance the American owners. Bill Shankly didn't build this club to a bastion of invincibility just so in the future the banks can refinance the American owners ruining his empire. Bob Paisley didn't build this club into European Cup winners just so the American owners could play with this club like it was a toy while banks refinance them.

No this club was built for us Reds to have something in life that we live for. If this club, the most successful club in England, goes extinct then what have we to live for? How empty would your life be without Liverpool Football Club? I couldn't start supporting any other club, no matter what I just couldn't. I'm a fan of Liverpool Football Club and I fear for my club's future while Hicks and Gillett are running it. We bleed with this club, we cry with this club yet we still don't turn away from this club. That's what it means to us, those yanks don't understand or appreciate that.

To us it is not a plaything or a franchise but rather our life. It was the life of John Houlding, T.V. Williams, John Smith, David Moores and so many others. It's a money making scheme for Hicks and Gillett, well do not give them your money for the good of your club. Banks, do not give them any more money for the good of our club.

And, in time, maybe we will have security over our club's future. Maybe we'll all get a few more peaceful nights knowing our club will still exist tomorrow. And maybe we will return to the benchmark of all other clubs.

That can only happen if we give them "Not A Penny More".

Top top post DLS, as always. From the heart, no quotes, no cut and pastes, from the fan's points of view, as it should be.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: Jul 05, 2010 02:15:00 pm
      118 years ago Liverpool Football Club was founded by a man named John Houlding. Without him, this great club wouldn't exist.

.... this club was built for us Reds to have something in life that we live for.
      If this club, the most successful club in England, goes extinct then what have we to live for?
      How empty would your life be without Liverpool Football Club?
      I couldn't start supporting any other club, no matter what I just couldn't.
      I'm a fan of Liverpool Football Club and I fear for my club's future while Hicks and Gillett are running it.
      We bleed with this club, we cry with this club yet we still don't turn away from this club.

That's what it means to us...

That IS what it means to us.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #14: Jul 05, 2010 02:17:23 pm
      Been reading a book about John Holding (Anfield Rising) very intresting book jam-packed with facts
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #15: Jul 05, 2010 02:22:34 pm
      Well in there dls

Not a penny more
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #16: Jul 05, 2010 03:41:26 pm
      Brilliant post DLS. Couldn't have said it better if i tryed.

Everyone, support the boycott of merchandise and games.

NOT A PENNY MORE!!!
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #17: Jul 05, 2010 08:03:50 pm
      Fantastic post.

Every one needs to back this!!!!

For to long the 'money men'/rich have taken the piss out of football fans, this is something that we all need to back to save our club.

The below link is for 'our shirt'

http://lsu.viga.co.uk/index.asp

Support Not A Penny More

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #18: Jul 05, 2010 08:13:27 pm
      Monument of a post Billy pity I can only give you the one +, write on brother.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19: Jul 05, 2010 08:47:41 pm
      Best post I've read for a long time Billy.  I will be emailing it to all my LFC mates.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #20: Jul 05, 2010 10:28:02 pm
      Excellent post Billy,well in lad.

Not A Penny More.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21: Jul 05, 2010 11:11:16 pm
      Fantastic post mate, sums up for me how much passion we fans hold for LFC, You are a credit to all true Reds,
      NOT A PENNY MORE!!!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #22: Jul 05, 2010 11:12:46 pm
      thats what post should be all about. none of this 'your a dick for not liking rafa' bullshit. true post representing true feelings rather than using this site as a template for having a go at others to fit in with a crowd. top top post.

Quick Reply