Author Topic: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC  (Read 462481 times)

Keith Singleton Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,162 posts | 28 
Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
Reply #2790 : February 15, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »
You can't be neutral, you're a Manc. Ok you're a Manc who wishes he'd picked Liverpool from the start but you're still a Manc.

Suppose i'll have to stick with it now then.   :lmao:
I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Attributed to Voltaire

RedPuppy Offline
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 12,759 posts | 352 
  • Parum Rutilus Canis
Reply #2791 : February 27, 2012, 04:28:31 PM »
I was very impressed with them yesterday, Very understated on the BBC highlights program. No flash, or pomp, no "brand" or "franchise", no "soccer".

Thank god they came in when they did.

Video from the Match thread, shows, to me at least, that they will not in our faces, and also, they will let us know when deals are done, and not a moment before.

NAPM

Paisleydalglish Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 8,261 posts | 617 
Reply #2792 : February 27, 2012, 04:32:42 PM »
Good video that... He seems fairly reluctant to join in and steal the limelight from the players as well.

Let's hope there are more scenes like this to come.

MsGerrard Offline
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 28,708 posts | 869 
  • The Reds are coming up the hill boys !!!
Reply #2793 : February 27, 2012, 04:36:05 PM »
Great stuff, what a fantastic team we have behind the scenes......more of this to come I'm sure  8)

waltonl4 Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,385 posts | 329 
Reply #2794 : February 27, 2012, 05:22:46 PM »
If we get past Stoke we are back to Wembley for the semi finals I think they might start to enjoy this type of occasion it gets in the blood and then its there for life.

el-g-toni Offline
  • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
  • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
Reply #2795 : March 07, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »
FSG 10th Anniversary

HeighwayToHeaven Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 7,771 posts | 142 
  • Don't buy The Sun
Reply #2796 : March 07, 2012, 05:02:18 PM »

I had no idea that Roush Fenway NASCAR team were as successful as they are. That video, despite the marketing hype, shows that we have good owners.

eurored Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 6,611 posts | 256 
Reply #2797 : March 07, 2012, 07:41:12 PM »
Thats a Glazer at 7 minutes 17.
!
  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Well for all the hype and all the Americanisms 
(We are the Worlds Most Historic Football Club)
it looks like they do ...what they do ... well.
CONGRATULATIONS ON A FANTASTIC SEASON

Big Andy Offline
  • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
  • 18 soon to be 19
Reply #2798 : March 07, 2012, 08:19:12 PM »
They said it well about us. Didnt know all they had
Surely they earn enough profit for them to buy players and not sell our main assests.

leeboy30 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,407 posts | 64 
+1
Reply #2799 : March 11, 2012, 05:44:33 PM »
I hope these lads have another 100m for this summers transfer window.. an are happy about taking massive losses on the junk we bought.

I dont care about racecars,baseball teams and them operating in american sports monopolys.. over here in the PL its dog eat dog

HUYTON RED Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,161 posts | 803 
Reply #2800 : March 12, 2012, 12:55:14 PM »
I hope these lads have another 100m for this summers transfer window.. an are happy about taking massive losses on the junk we bought.

I dont care about racecars,baseball teams and them operating in american sports monopolys.. over here in the PL its dog eat dog

Why is everything seperate from the Premier League. Can't we just call it English football. Oh I forgot it's a brand isn't it!!

So who gets sold to fund this £100 million spending spree?

racerx34 Online
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,981 posts | 851 
  • Players come and go, Liverpool remains
Reply #2801 : March 12, 2012, 12:57:04 PM »

You don't think NASCAR is dog eat dog.
That must be why Henry had Gillett's transporters impounded until they came up with the owed money, right around the time LFC was nearly going to the wall.

soxfan Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
Reply #2802 : March 12, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »
Thanks for posting that. Good stuff.

The club really should create it's own "marketing" video to give to transfer targets and their agents. Show them our illustrious history -- younger players from other countries may not know all about LFC and Anfield -- and steal a bit from this FSG video to describe the owners' success record.  If it's as slick at the above video, it could really inject more interest in our "project" and how these transfers could be key heroes in our coming rebirth.

Eddieo Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,215 posts | 24 
Reply #2803 : March 12, 2012, 03:17:27 PM »
Thanks for posting that. Good stuff.

The club really should create it's own "marketing" video to give to transfer targets and their agents. Show them our illustrious history -- younger players from other countries may not know all about LFC and Anfield -- and steal a bit from this FSG video to describe the owners' success record.  If it's as slick at the above video, it could really inject more interest in our "project" and how these transfers could be key heroes in our coming rebirth.
  No video or marketing exercise will make up for not getting into the CL (so far as being able to attract the best player), it is possible that a few player could be stupid enough to fool for a bit of slick marketing but unfortunately almost every play has an agent who couldn't care about our history or the project, £ are all that counts

Paisleydalglish Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 8,261 posts | 617 
Reply #2804 : March 12, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »
  No video or marketing exercise will make up for not getting into the CL (so far as being able to attract the best player), it is possible that a few player could be stupid enough to fool for a bit of slick marketing but unfortunately almost every play has an agent who couldn't care about our history or the project, £ are all that counts

Must be horrible to have such a downward look on life.

Plenty of very good players will still want to join us, it's all about bringing the right ones in.

Eddieo Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,215 posts | 24 
Reply #2805 : March 12, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »
Must be horrible to have such a downward look on life.

Plenty of very good players will still want to join us, it's all about bringing the right ones in.
  You are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think we are going to attract the type of player who will make us champions when we cant even make it into the top 4

I am very happy with my life

Paisleydalglish Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 8,261 posts | 617 
Reply #2806 : March 12, 2012, 03:50:04 PM »
  You are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think we are going to attract the type of player who will make us champions when we cant even make it into the top 4

I am very happy with my life

Did Man City bring players in on their first or second bout of spending to win them the league..?

Plenty of top quality players will want to come to us. It will just take a bit of time.
Another example of fans who have no patience.

The difference is I'd still support and be behind the club if we were in league 2.

corballyred Offline
  • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
Reply #2807 : March 12, 2012, 03:56:49 PM »
We should never be compared to man city our owners will not spend a fraction of what Citys owners have.  That is why we cannot make the same mistakes city have in the transfer market

Paisleydalglish Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 8,261 posts | 617 
Reply #2808 : March 12, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »
We should never be compared to man city our owners will not spend a fraction of what Citys owners have.  That is why we cannot make the same mistakes city have in the transfer market

That wasn't the comparison I was making Corb. I'm talking about the type of player to take you to that next level as rightly so the real top players won't come to a side not in the champions league.

All clubs make mistakes in the transfer market I don't think you will ever find one that doesn't.

Eddieo Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,215 posts | 24 
Reply #2809 : March 12, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »
Did Man City bring players in on their first or second bout of spending to win them the league..?

Plenty of top quality players will want to come to us. It will just take a bit of time.
Another example of fans who have no patience.

The difference is I'd still support and be behind the club if we were in league 2.
The problem with your argument is last summer we wanted Phil Jones and Ashley Young, we were favorites to get both and yet they ended up at Man U, if we don't make the top 4 the player will go to the teams who have made it into the CL and we will always end up having to buy the second rate players, the silly thing is in some cases these second raters cost about the same as the first choices.

Please stop trying to play the super supporter, it is belittling     

Paisleydalglish Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 8,261 posts | 617 
Reply #2810 : March 12, 2012, 04:09:41 PM »
The problem with your argument is last summer we wanted Phil Jones and Ashley Young, we were favorites to get both and yet they ended up at Man U, if we don't make the top 4 the player will go to the teams who have made it into the CL and we will always end up having to buy the second rate players, the silly thing is in some cases these second raters cost about the same as the first choices.

Please stop trying to play the super supporter, it is belittling   

I'm not trying to be anything, I support the way I've always supported and that won't change.
I'm not suggesting I'm a super supporter, never would.

We were reportedly in for numerous players.. I'm not going to comment in Mata, Jones, Young or whoever because I wasn't there during the conversations at the club or with any players. And neither does anybody else.

I don't though believe half the stuff in the press.

Eddieo Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,215 posts | 24 
Reply #2811 : March 12, 2012, 04:23:19 PM »
I'm not trying to be anything, I support the way I've always supported and that won't change.
I'm not suggesting I'm a super supporter, never would.

We were reportedly in for numerous players.. I'm not going to comment in Mata, Jones, Young or whoever because I wasn't there during the conversations at the club or with any players. And neither does anybody else.

I don't though believe half the stuff in the press.
So you didn't make out you were a super supporter, just a better supporter than me ?

Paisleydalglish Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 8,261 posts | 617 
Reply #2812 : March 12, 2012, 04:26:33 PM »
So you didn't make out you were a super supporter, just a better supporter than me ?

Different not better.

bad boy bubby Online
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,653 posts | 942 
  • Better Red Than Dead @KaiserQueef
Reply #2813 : March 16, 2012, 09:43:18 AM »

Okay Eddie, I'm a bit confused here; on the one hand you tell us we won't be able to attract the best players because we won't be in the Champions League yet, on the other, you tell us pounds are all that counts. So what is it? What attracts top players; money or Champions League football?

If you were F.S.G. what would you do? How would you go about getting the Champions League football which (you say) is needed if we are to attract the best players?

I mean; if your Champions League theory is right then all the money in the world won't make a difference. If your Champions League theory is right then surely we can only buy from the 'middle shelf' when we go shopping.

If that is, as you say, the case then everyone who's hoping for F.S.G. to buy top quality players are wasting their time. Given your theory; those people should not only aim a bit lower in player expectations but also accept that F.S.G. can't spend big.

Eddie it's clear to anyone who reads your posts that you are anything but enamoured with F.S.G. - fair enough but what exactly is it you want from them?  :-\

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 25,217 posts | 1088 
Reply #2814 : March 16, 2012, 09:55:13 AM »
True enough mouse and the perfect example are citeh, they have spent like it's going out of fashion yet trail in the Prem to a team who cannot beat a side who are 7th placed in the Spanish league, not foregoing the fact that they weren't in the CL when they acquired some of the worlds' supposed top players.

Paisleydalglish Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 8,261 posts | 617 
Reply #2815 : March 16, 2012, 10:09:25 AM »
Spending 300 million doesn't guarentee you anything,it does suggest you eventually will do, but it isnt the only way to do it.
I'm convinced we don't need to spend that amount to compete to win the league, it's about signing the right players and us sorting our own consistency out, we have proved that this current squad can compete with the top sides in the league it's about now being consistent against the so called "lesser sides", if we sign the "right players" we can be right up there.

Don't forget when we signed Xabi he cost £10.6 million.. Sami cost £2.6 million.. Didi cost £8 million... Academy graduates cost nothing.. And we have had loads who have become great players from there over the years.

With the right two or three players we can be up there, don't fall into the trap they have to cost 100 million for them to be right.

Eddieo Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,215 posts | 24 
+1
Reply #2816 : March 16, 2012, 01:20:58 PM »
Okay Eddie, I'm a bit confused here; on the one hand you tell us we won't be able to attract the best players because we won't be in the Champions League yet, on the other, you tell us pounds are all that counts. So what is it? What attracts top players; money or Champions League football?

If you were F.S.G. what would you do? How would you go about getting the Champions League football which (you say) is needed if we are to attract the best players?

I mean; if your Champions League theory is right then all the money in the world won't make a difference. If your Champions League theory is right then surely we can only buy from the 'middle shelf' when we go shopping.

If that is, as you say, the case then everyone who's hoping for F.S.G. to buy top quality players are wasting their time. Given your theory; those people should not only aim a bit lower in player expectations but also accept that F.S.G. can't spend big.

Eddie it's clear to anyone who reads your posts that you are anything but enamoured with F.S.G. - fair enough but what exactly is it you want from them?  :-\

The quote you used was in response to Soxfan saying we could attract players with a bit of slick marketing, I was saying players could be fooled but there agents would not. I was saying it is the agents who only care about money

And while we all know there are no guarantees the more you spend the better your chances of winning.

If I was FSG would have started building the new stadium within 6 months of being here, I would have worked like a b***ard getting the finances together.

When ever I was asked about winning the league I would say "I expect to win it every year" and I would mean it.

I would have employed a proper Managing Director and let Ian Ayre get on with what he is good at, being a financial director and I would have employed a PR manager as soon as the old one left.

As for on the field issues I do not blame anyone to be quite honest things are OK but not great, every time you buy a player it is a risk some come off some don't

It is not impossible for us to win the league by just spending the money we make but it is very difficult if we are to do it we need to strong in all departments both on and off the field,

On the field we are very close to having a PL winning team, the problem is we have been very close to having  PL wining team for the past 20 years

It is off the field that give me reason to be concerned, FSG are not employing the right people at this moment and they have taken to long to deciding what they are going to do about the stadium.

If they start building a new stadium I will have a lot of humble pie to eat and if they get the front office in order I will have even more humble pie to eat, I will happily eat it knowing that my club is going in the right direction but as of yet I am still waiting

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 25,217 posts | 1088 
Reply #2817 : March 16, 2012, 03:05:19 PM »
                        ^                                   ^
You are describing an almost perfect formulae for a successful commercial venture in a wider context.
The practicalities of achieving a perfect scenario in any business enterprise a fraught with immeasurable difficulty and the target is invariably unnachievable.
Reallistically the many components of the business need to be addressed and improved over a time scale, not foregoing impacting factors such as the present financial downturn/upturn/fluctuating global markets/wildly differing fluctuating business forecasts - any of these factors would discourage investors causing them to take a deep breathe and watch their purse strings. Your advice is not much use in that situation.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:42:11 PM by stuey »

Eddieo Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,215 posts | 24 
Reply #2818 : March 16, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »
                        ^                                   ^
You are describing an almost perfect formulae for a successful commercial venture in a wider context.
The practicalities of achieving a perfect scenario in any business enterprise a fraught with immeasurable difficulty and the target is invariably unnachievable.
Reallistically the many components of the business need to be addressed and improved over a time scale, not foregoing impacting factors such as the present financial downturn/upturn/fluctuating global markets/wildly differing fluctuating business forecasts - any of these factors would discourage investors causing them to take a deep breathe and watch their purse strings. Your advice is not much use in that situation.
Stuey, I honestly believe if a team is going to win the league without extra investment they are going to have to be pretty much perfect in every department, if you are not able to get very close to perfection you will never win the league without massive revenue  ( new stadium) or a deep pocket. 

AZPatriot Offline
  • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,161 posts | 251 
Reply #2819 : March 16, 2012, 07:22:04 PM »
Stuey, I honestly believe if a team is going to win the league without extra investment they are going to have to be pretty much perfect in every department, if you are not able to get very close to perfection you will never win the league without massive revenue  ( new stadium) or a deep pocket. 

Don't disagree at all with this, we don't have the deep pockets of City nor do we have 75,000 capacity like the old toliet. To me the stadium is the number one  no kit deal or sponsorship is going to overcome that deficit.
But alright, I won't say any more if that's what you want. - Federer 08/13/2014 11:05 pm GMT