Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2764176 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #17871: May 28, 2015 11:47:32 am
      Nah mate... only the "ones" you rate... the "ones" (because you rate them) who obviously weren't signed by Brendan.  :roll:

Because as any dumb-f**k will try to tell you 'The Committee' obviously let Brendan have his pick; allowed him to sign duds and then had their pick. As that makes so much more sense.  :lmao:

we all need a chuckle mate glad I obliged.
      We need a clear out starting in Boston and finishing with Anfield and then Melwood. A re-run of the 1934 night of the longnives. I would seriously accept relegation if it meant we could start again with the right people.
      However I am aware that is not an option in this modern world.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17872: May 28, 2015 12:01:47 pm
      .I wonder if FSG saw this would they even understand what it means
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_VbUFvU-u4
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #17873: May 28, 2015 12:02:00 pm
      The meeting in June could be interesting, if Brendan, despite having first and last word, has been getting a busted flush from the committee, surely, especially with the league finish, he'll have a strong hand to say scrap it.  If Rodgers has been getting his targets through, then surely dismissal or a lessening of his powers on the committee will be in order.

No manager in history has gotten all his targets, or all his targets right, crumbs, very few even get their first target, because they have to budget who they can afford and the needs of the squad.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17874: May 28, 2015 12:03:33 pm
      we all need a chuckle mate glad I obliged.
      No problems mate - it certainly does no harm to be self effacing and take a step back to have a laugh ourselves.

We need a clear out starting in Boston and finishing with Anfield and then Melwood.
      I'll be honest Walt - (like racer earlier) I'd readily accept "Brendan being made the scapegoat if it meant FSG changed their policy in the midst of all the noise."
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17875: May 28, 2015 12:09:08 pm
      No problems mate - it certainly does no harm to be self effacing and take a step back to have a laugh ourselves.
      I'll be honest Walt - (like racer earlier) I'd readily accept "Brendan being made the scapegoat if it meant FSG changed their policy in the midst of all the noise."

i am a realist when pushed but football is supposed to be about dreams. Our reality is too painful to bare. The system of running the club is actually ruining the club when you have people who dont really care if we win or lose as owners thats a very bad place to be unless the compensating factor is they splash the cash and allow people who know what they are doing to get on with running the club.
      We have a broken institution its going to take some fixing.
      Just an after thought how much of our problems relate to Brendans initial meeting with FSG and his vision in the dreaded Dossier do they now realise they have been sold a pup
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17876: May 28, 2015 12:18:45 pm

BR is and always has been on the front line of any incoming criticism, he is the first of many foils that shield the perpetrators of our malady; his theoretical departure would alter nothing mate.
      FSG can only continue their present methods of operating.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #17877: May 28, 2015 12:25:05 pm
      Nah mate... only the "ones" you rate... the "ones" (because you rate them) who obviously weren't signed by Brendan.  :roll:

Because as any dumb-f**k will try to tell you 'The Committee' obviously let Brendan have his pick; allowed him to sign duds and then had their pick. As that makes so much more sense.  :lmao:

I don't know mate there was plenty of journo's like Barrett who said Brendan got his first picks last season which were the Southampton boys.
      Along with Borini and Allen does not make great reading, not for me anyway and this is something I have been critical about Brendan.
      I suppose a good DoF or competent TC and we could have avoided some of the duds.

Anyway it's all done now and we have learnt our lesson let's welcome Ings, Milner and Benteke  :D

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #17878: May 28, 2015 12:31:28 pm
      I think our best option moving forward is to go the while hog and hire a DoF/Sporting Director to take over the running of all things football realted and get him to hire the next coach.

Sadly I have a bad feeling we will only see minor adjustments which in effect will make no real difference.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17879: May 28, 2015 01:02:56 pm
      Oh, I get you now buddy... you reckon we already have top quality players. I took you up wrong; I thought you meant we didn't need any. Sorry.

Just to be clear skip - who, in your reckoning, are the "top quality" players at the club?  :confused-smiley-013:

Are you having a bad morning ?

Quality players : zilch.

Now : None except Coutinho.

See thats the other small prob.  A couple a hundred million wasted on crap.

Lets keep to problemo uno.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17880: May 28, 2015 01:05:32 pm
      .I wonder if FSG saw this would they even understand what it means
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_VbUFvU-u4

About time we had a reality check and a history lesson here.

Shanks would turn at what a mess his club has been become.

He wanted his players to be cocky arrogant and proud.
      Not like the shower of sh*te served up last Sunday.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17881: May 28, 2015 01:20:54 pm
      Are you having a bad morning ?

Quality players : zilch.

Now : None except Coutinho.

See thats the other small prob.  A couple a hundred million wasted on crap.

Lets keep to problemo uno.

No mate other than trying to decipher your riddles - which you think I'd be used to by now.

Look at what you wrote again Skip. You'll see where the confusion lies. Even then...

It's no big deal buddy as I reckon we both recognise the need for proper quality - even if we're coming from different angles.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17882: May 28, 2015 01:26:56 pm
      Anyway it's all done now and we have learnt our lesson let's welcome Ings, Milner and Benteke

Who'll all be Brendan's choice if he stays but FSG's if Jürgen arrives.   :laugh:

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17883: May 28, 2015 09:08:55 pm
      One of two things are going to happen and FSG need to move fast so we can, as a FAN base, move on;

Its get behind a new manager or
      Its get behind the current one.

Either way this club needs direction. We as a fan base need to know which way next season is going to go.

We need to be one again.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17884: May 29, 2015 12:11:11 pm
      Apparently we want Nathaniel Clyne for £10m, but Southampton want £15m. So I fully expect FSG not to budge because Southampton do not agree with FSG's evaluation. You know, all Billy Big Bollocks about them not being stitched up in the transfer market.

Here's a possibility for you to chew on Mr Henry...perhaps your boys are WRONG! :mad:

The sheer arrogance of FSG sickens me.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2015 03:36:43 pm by Rush »
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #17885: May 29, 2015 03:11:14 pm
      BR is and always has been on the front line of any incoming criticism, he is the first of many foils that shield the perpetrators of our malady; his theoretical departure would alter nothing mate.FSG can only continue their present methods of operating.

This sums it up matey. If the system and structure doesn't change, really does not matter what manager you bring in.

I think FSG are at a crossroads. They can choose, as you say, to continue on current path, but they will quickly turn a very smart fan base against them. Negative publicity, protests, failure on the pitch turning fans away from match days...all that hits their pockets and they would be foolish not to take note. Or, they make some crucial changes.

If FSG are intent on pursuing the "buy potential and develop them into top players to lead LFC to success", then they need to understand a few fundamental points.

There is no need for for the TC. They can still pursue the youth philosophy if they have a competent DoF working with the manager and an effective scouting system. I don't totally disagree with the idea, in a world with FFP, that was an understandable path to follow and it could actually work, but we're not targeting enough good potential and that's a failure of TC and scouting.

Crucially, once the youth quality is identified and developed, we have a system that makes it tough to hold onto them. Sterling is an extreme example, but if they want to skim on transfer costs, then they need to reinvest saved money on wages. Looking at club books suggests we can afford it.

I also get a sneaky feeling that there are a lot of internal politics at play, which smart owners normally use as a "divide and conquer" tactic. It prevents a united revolt against owners. The figures on TC will also be doing the best they can to hold onto their pointless positions. All that behaviour needs to go, and that's in the hands of the owners.

The rigid structure also needs to be relaxed to be more flexible so that we can bring in one or two experienced players, because looking at the current team, we have no leaders. It doesn't mean we have to pay over the odds, but Houllier bringing in McAllister and Hamman were little master-strokes. Those players stabilised the team, provided guidance to emerging youngsters and proper leadership on the pitch. They didn't cost much money either.

Another option of course is to change strategy completely and invest heavily in top players, which I would welcome with open arms - though it seems further away now than last season.

Before anyone slays me for not hanging out the "FSG Out!" flag, I'll add that I'm trying to be pragmatic. FSG aren't going anywhere for a little while so I'm thinking out loud on what the club could do to compete next year. Nothing I'm suggesting is beyond reasonable tbh.

The last option of course is they take a hike - either because fans turn off and protest, or fans walk away hitting their revenues. Simple choices.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17886: May 29, 2015 04:32:10 pm
      Apparently we want Nathaniel Clyne for £10m, but Southampton want £15m. So I fully expect FSG not to budge because Southampton do not agree with FSG's evaluation. You know, all Billy Big Bollocks about them not being stitched up in the transfer market.

Here's a possibility for you to chew on Mr Henry...perhaps your boys are WRONG! :mad:

The sheer arrogance of FSG sickens me.

We overpaid for Lovren and Lallana so I would think they want 15m and we will end up paying them 20.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,498 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17887: May 29, 2015 04:35:28 pm
      We overpaid for Lovren and Lallana so I would think they want 15m and we will end up paying them 20.
      Hah! Good point actually
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #17888: May 29, 2015 05:59:26 pm
      failure on the pitch turning fans away from match days
      That would suit them mate , they'd fill those seats with hospitality tourists from the far East . Win win for them .

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17889: May 29, 2015 06:18:00 pm
      They are showing a very concerning disregard for Fans. They are basically saying we will let you know what is happening with the club when we feel like it and if that upsets you tough sh*t. Hicks and Gillette where awful bumbling oafs these are seriously F***ing us over whilst smiling and telling us everything will be ok.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #17890: May 29, 2015 06:36:12 pm
      They are showing a very concerning disregard for Fans. They are basically saying we will let you know what is happening with the club when we feel like it and if that upsets you tough sh*t. Hicks and Gillette where awful bumbling oafs these are seriously f**king us over whilst smiling and telling us everything will be ok.

Maybe you should send JWH a tweet....I'm sure he'd respond to you. ;D
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #17891: May 29, 2015 06:53:51 pm

for the near 50m we gave them last summer they should throw in this boy. for nothing.. they've bum-tickled us once too often!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17892: May 29, 2015 07:22:19 pm
      for the near 50m we gave them last summer they should throw in this boy. for nothing.. they've bum-tickled us once too often!!

and yet this thread is full of people saying the owners won't spend money.
       :roll:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17893: May 29, 2015 07:23:30 pm
      Maybe you should send JWH a tweet....I'm sure he'd respond to you. ;D

is he actually still alive? or is he having team with Lord Lucan?

Quick Reply