Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2755090 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #21229: Jan 30, 2017 04:38:27 pm
      Its just most of us don't think FSG should still be used as an excus

The should not necessarily be the scapegoat for all that happens also...the teams that lost the 3 previous finals were all good enough to get to the finals and all good enough to win them.

2012 League Cup (w)
      2012 FA Cup (L)
      2015 FA Cup (L) Penalties
      2015 Europa (L)

Again very bad last month we have had as a club; however if we had won 2 cups last year and had been sitting in the league where we are today then there is a good chance this thread is still sitting on pg 2. where it had been while we were thrashing the league earlier this season.

Fine margins and all that.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #21230: Jan 30, 2017 04:52:16 pm
      The should not necessarily be the scapegoat for all that happens also...the teams that lost the 3 previous finals were all good enough to get to the finals and all good enough to win them.

2012 League Cup (w)
      2012 FA Cup (L)
      2015 FA Cup (L) Penalties
      2015 Europa (L)

Again very bad last month we have had as a club; however if we had won 2 cups last year and had been sitting in the league where we are today then there is a good chance this thread is still sitting on pg 2. where it had been while we were thrashing the league earlier this season.

Fine margins and all that.

This month is one of those things. We ran out of form when others we meet came into some

As for the three finals we lost Man City, Chelsea and Seville. Unless the boss gets some class players we will keep losing finals when we meet teams with world class player in depth 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #21231: Jan 30, 2017 05:01:48 pm
      This month is one of those things. We ran out of form when others we meet came into some

As for the three finals we lost Man City, Chelsea and Seville. Unless the boss gets some class players we will keep losing finals when we meet teams with world class player in depth 

There is no doubt that when you look at the bench at City & Chelsea it is a whole lot more inspiring than Kev Stewart & Ragnar Klaven, as for Seville there is a team that knows how to win, I think if we played them 10 times we could win 7 of them..finals are one off's that is anybody's game and much less dependent with regards to bench strength than league campaigns. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21232: Jan 30, 2017 05:03:31 pm
      I think there have been some good points made since my last post, but one that has absolutely no substance behind it in my view is the tired old argument 'they're better than Hicks and Gilette'.

Of course they are, but they were cancerous.

But they did create a set of circumstances for themselves where we were a very attractive proposition for a group wanting to make a very lucrative medium term profit.

In many ways Fenway are the result of Hicks and Gillettes regime.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #21233: Jan 30, 2017 06:59:31 pm
      I think there have been some good points made since my last post, but one that has absolutely no substance behind it in my view is the tired old argument 'they're better than Hicks and Gilette'.

Of course they are, but they were cancerous.

But they did create a set of circumstances for themselves where we were a very attractive proposition for a group wanting to make a very lucrative medium term profit.

In many ways Fenway are the result of Hicks and Gillettes regime.

It goes a lot further back than that. The lack of foresight in regards to our business model goes back years.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21234: Jan 30, 2017 10:39:32 pm
      I think the day FSG sacked Brendan and got Klopp they dealt their last card. Signing a world class manager means they can't hide anymore (I mean where would they go if they sacked him?) and if there's no trophies/significant progress by the summer of 2018 it won't be Jürgen that the fans turn on, it will be FSG.

Very true mate, so long as we fans stay sensible. We KNOW Jürgen is a World class manager, so if HE can't make the FSG model work nobody can. Under those circumstances, turning on the manager would be the height of stupidity.

Jurgens done the hard bit in getting us playing like a well oiled machine, we now need to ensure he gets the spare parts so next time we have a puncture when we're challenging for the league, we can replace the whole wheel like for life and straight away (a big like formula one) rather than having to pull over to the side of the f****** road with a puncture repair kit.

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2017 07:40:27 am by bigmick »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21235: Jan 31, 2017 07:34:02 pm
      Fair play to them. I've been highly critical of them recently but you have to give credit where it's due.

That bus can't have come cheap, it must have nearly wiped out a third of Sergi Canos' selling on fee.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21236: Jan 31, 2017 10:53:41 pm
      £££££££££££££ That's all that needs said tonight!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21237: Jan 31, 2017 11:51:24 pm
      £££££££££££££ That's all that needs said tonight!

Its defo CL that they are after and have told Jürgen that is what is required season after season for the big mazoolahs to come rolling in.

Trophies are not important ...... only the balance sheet. The FSG Way.

Jürgen was a naughty boy to finish where we did last May and waste time taking us to two finals inn his first six months with us.

That wasn't the way . The Liverpool Way to win trophies.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #21238: Feb 01, 2017 02:12:51 pm
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #21239: Feb 01, 2017 03:37:05 pm

Does that mean there has been a proposed Chinese takeover the last three January transfer windows?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #21240: Feb 01, 2017 03:56:41 pm
      Does that mean there has been a proposed Chinese takeover the last three January transfer windows?

:D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #21241: Feb 01, 2017 04:32:09 pm

Why would this club spend excessively in the transfer market with or without Chinese whispers?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21242: Feb 01, 2017 08:45:10 pm
      Can't vouch for the validity but certainly looks interesting and probably genuine if I had to guess:

All credit to:

FenwayWeComeNotToPay ‏@FenwayWeComeNot  16h16 hours ago
       Excerpts from court case. Conversation between @John_W_Henry & @FenwaySportsMgt showing their real intentions on buying @LFC #FSGOUT #LFC
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #21243: Feb 01, 2017 09:02:39 pm

If Ian Ayre has anything to do with it, then probably yes!  :laugh:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21244: Feb 02, 2017 12:22:06 am
      Can't vouch for the validity but certainly looks interesting and probably genuine if I had to guess:

All credit to:

FenwayWeComeNotToPay ‏@FenwayWeComeNot  16h16 hours ago
       Excerpts from court case. Conversation between @John_W_Henry & @FenwaySportsMgt showing their real intentions on buying @LFC #FSGOUT #LFC

Revealing Luke  .  Very.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #21245: Feb 02, 2017 06:18:16 am
      I would say that that disclosure  is pretty close to the truth Luke and as you say it is probably genuine.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21246: Feb 02, 2017 06:29:36 am
      Yeah but they saved us!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #21247: Feb 02, 2017 07:04:07 am

... but at a steal for the debt price.

As long as Hicks and Gillett got shafted I don't care.

I do care that they have built the stand .

They have kept us on an even keel  and away from administration.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #21248: Feb 02, 2017 10:59:36 am
      It's for anybody to see from the New York Supreme Court apparently.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21249: Feb 02, 2017 11:01:39 am
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21250: Feb 02, 2017 11:07:02 am
      So it seems some were "right all along" about the owners. People who buy sports businesses and don't want to make a profit don't exist, I've never had a problem with them making money out of their investment. What I DO have a problem with, is them not allowing us to punch equal to our potential weight while they're doing it.

All fans need to wise up here. Don't lose faith in Jürgen, look at what's going on behind him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #21251: Feb 02, 2017 11:11:27 am
      So it seems some were "right all along" about the owners. People who buy sports businesses and don't want to make a profit don't exist, I've never had a problem with them making money out of their investment. What I DO have a problem with, is them not allowing us to punch equal to our potential weight while they're doing it.

All fans need to wise up here. Don't lose faith in Jürgen, look at what's going on behind him.

I agree Mick, but Klopp keeps insisting he has the funds & is backed when required...

Makes no sense to me why he would say this if it were not the truth...I'm not defending FSG, I believe they can & should spend big but our Boss seems reluctant to do so...

Quick Reply