Author Topic: 2011's Must Have Albums  (Read 15953 times)

kelvo Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,057 posts | 45 
Re: 2011's Must Have Albums
Reply #120 : March 21, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »
Chapel Clubs album is great, hopefully not another case of over-hyped upcoming band.

Gruff Rhys's latest solo album is quality too, he is so underated IMO.
WE MUST KEEP THE LIVERPOOL WAY!

START BY BANNING ALL HALF AND HALF SCARVES (recently updated)AND IPADS!!

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,815 posts | 839 
  • Players come and go, Liverpool remains
Reply #121 : March 21, 2011, 05:04:43 PM »
Adele Reveals Second Album Details

Adele has announced details of the follow up to her hugely successful 2008 debut album '19'. Following in that album's footsteps, Adele's second record will be called '21' and is set for release in Ireland on January 21st.

Most of the album was made in Malibu with the respected producer Rick Rubin (Johnny Cash, Jay Z, Red Hot Chilli Peppers) and back in Kensal Rise in London with Paul Epworth (Plan B, Bloc Party, Florence). Adele has said the album has been influenced by the music of Wanda Jackson, Andrew Bird, Mary J Blige, Mos Def, Elbow, Tom Waits and Kanye West amongst others, so expect it to be a somewhat eclectic affair.

Speaking of the release the Grammy Award winning singer said "I'm very excited, nervous, eager, anxious but chuffed to announce my new album! It's taken a while and it knocked me for six when writing it. It's different from '19', it's about the same things but in a different light. I deal with things differently now. I'm more patient, more honest, more forgiving and more aware of my own flaws, habits and principles. Something that comes with age I think. So fittingly this record is called '21'. The whole reason I called my first album '19' was about cataloguing what happened to me then and who I was then, like a photo album you see the progression and changes in a person throughout the years".

The first single to be taken from the album will be "Rolling In The Deep", due for release on Friday January 14th. Written and produced by Adele and award winning British producer Paul Epworth, she has described the track as a "dark bluesy gospel disco tune".

I must be suffering some form of alcohol/cigarette/drug lapse but I love this album

The BRIT Awards 2011 - Adele sings Someone Like You

Ignore the tw*t at the start

little-Luis:) Offline
  • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,774 posts | 170 
  • I Just Can't Get Enough
Reply #122 : March 21, 2011, 05:16:48 PM »
I've tried to like this offering I really have as I'm a fan of the Strokes (particularly live) but jaysus - this is ordinary. Catchy enough here and there but by no means worth a five year wait.

I'm sure enough folk will like it enough; if for no other reason other than 'loyalty'. Too many unmemorable tracks, i'm afraid.

I was gonna buy the hard copy too. I do that for bands that I reckon are really worth it. Is it worth it?

bad boy bubby Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,582 posts | 933 
  • Better Red Than Dead @KaiserQueef
Reply #123 : March 21, 2011, 05:47:46 PM »
I was gonna buy the hard copy too. I do that for bands that I reckon are really worth it. Is it worth it?

Each to their own LL - not the worst album i've ever heard; just not worth the wait. If I had a few quid (for only one album) i'd spend it on something else. ...The View's - 'Bread And Circuses', for e.g. ....an offering with less filler and more worth the 'must have' tag than 'Angles' (IMO).  :nod:

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,995 posts | 1078 
Reply #124 : March 21, 2011, 05:56:58 PM »
author=racerx34 link=topic

Adele has announced details of the follow up to her hugely successful 2008 debut album '19'. Following in that album's footsteps, Adele's second record will be called '21' and is set for release in Ireland on January 21st.

Most of the album was made in Malibu with the respected producer Rick Rubin (Johnny Cash, Jay Z, Red Hot Chilli Peppers) and back in Kensal Rise in London with Paul Epworth (Plan B, Bloc Party, Florence). Adele has said the album has been influenced by the music of Wanda Jackson, Andrew Bird, Mary J Blige, Mos Def, Elbow, Tom Waits and Kanye West amongst others, so expect it to be a somewhat eclectic affair.

Speaking of the release the Grammy Award winning singer said "I'm very excited, nervous, eager, anxious but chuffed to announce my new album! It's taken a while and it knocked me for six when writing it. It's different from '19', it's about the same things but in a different light. I deal with things differently now. I'm more patient, more honest, more forgiving and more aware of my own flaws, habits and principles. Something that comes with age I think. So fittingly this record is called '21'. The whole reason I called my first album '19' was about cataloguing what happened to me then and who I was then, like a photo album you see the progression and changes in a person throughout the years".

The first single to be taken from the album will be "Rolling In The Deep", due for release on Friday January 14th. Written and produced by Adele and award winning British producer Paul Epworth, she has described the track as a "dark bluesy gospel disco tune".[/news]

I must be suffering some form of alcohol/cigarette/drug lapse but I love this album

He is a tw*t isn't he.
Brilliant track Adele has the voice of an angel.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:46:26 AM by stuey »

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,815 posts | 839 
Reply #125 : March 21, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »
I don't get him at all Stu

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,995 posts | 1078 
Reply #126 : March 21, 2011, 06:11:33 PM »
A really good album is Come Around Sundown by the Kings Of Leon it's a bit mainstream but really well produced.

He's about as funny as toothache mate.

Ross Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,867 posts | 147 
Reply #127 : March 21, 2011, 06:30:24 PM »
Chapel Clubs album is great, hopefully not another case of over-hyped upcoming band.

Agreed. Saw them in Liverpool a few months back and they were great.

MsGerrard Offline
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 28,678 posts | 865 
  • The Reds are coming up the hill boys !!!
Reply #128 : March 21, 2011, 10:05:47 PM »
Adele Reveals Second Album Details

The first single to be taken from the album will be "Rolling In The Deep", due for release on Friday January 14th. Written and produced by Adele and award winning British producer Paul Epworth, she has described the track as a "dark bluesy gospel disco tune".

Just got her '21' Album....it's brilliant.

Dexter Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
Reply #129 : March 21, 2011, 10:14:32 PM »
Not a huge fan of the whole album, but I love that Rolling in the Deep song by her. Reminds me of an ex, makes me nostalgic, probably not the only person who has that. :P

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,815 posts | 839 
Reply #130 : March 21, 2011, 10:55:43 PM »
I have certain songs like that. Bring me back thinking about certain exs. Mostly fondly

vitez Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,676 posts | 150 
Reply #131 : March 22, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »
5 more good hip hop albums released over the past few weeks:

360° Deal - Da Circle
Oneirology - CunninLynguists
Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation - Zion I & The Grouch
W.A.R. (We Are Renegades) - Pharoahe Monch
True Theory - Luck-One

PS: Don't get your hopes up about "Detox" by Dr. Dre - it's so incredibly sh*t and don't say I didn't warn you.
"An army of deers led by a lion is to be feared a thousand times more than an army of lions led by a deer"

thereds13 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
Reply #132 : March 23, 2011, 05:55:29 PM »

5 more good hip hop albums released over the past few weeks:

360° Deal - Da Circle
Oneirology - CunninLynguists
Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation - Zion I & The Grouch
W.A.R. (We Are Renegades) - Pharoahe Monch
True Theory - Luck-One

PS: Don't get your hopes up about "Detox" by Dr. Dre - it's so incredibly sh*t and don't say I didn't warn you.
:roll: He's off agian.
Yep, let's start judging players on a pre season friendly in Turkey.

• 7,774 posts | 170 
Reply #133 : March 24, 2011, 02:04:46 PM »
Example's new song is getting it's first play tonight on radio, it's a fucknig tune!

Frankly, Mr Shankly Offline

• 8,604 posts | 297 
  • YNWA
Reply #134 : April 08, 2011, 10:27:37 PM »
Bought REM's latest album Collapse Into Now today.

Listening to it now and it's fab.
" Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor. " Bill Shankly

Brooklyn Red Offline

• 6,533 posts | 212 
Reply #135 : April 08, 2011, 10:58:58 PM »
Really liking The Pains of Being Pure at Heart's new one, Belong. Their first was quite good, too.

• 7,774 posts | 170 
Reply #136 : April 08, 2011, 11:03:04 PM »
I'm hearing that Katy B's one out now/soon is the best edgey pop album of the year, must try and get it, just to see what it's like.

bad boy bubby Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,582 posts | 933 
Reply #137 : April 10, 2011, 06:38:28 PM »
Been giving the Foos new offering 'Wasting Light' a good rattling for a couple of days now - it's good to have them back and very much rejuvenated, in my opinion. The songs (to my ear) are bigger and the production 'different' but still very much Foo Fighter macho, stadium cock-rock; if that makes sense.

All round - a f**king cracking album and their best since TCATS, in my humble.

Like them or loathe them; this is very much a must have.  >:D

:action-smiley-035:

Foo Fighters (Walk)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:44:08 PM by bad boy bubby »

lfcwill Offline
  • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
Reply #138 : April 10, 2011, 06:43:18 PM »
foo fighters new one is a must. quality. seein them in july cant wait. lookin forward to mona's debut album also new mumford and sons album!

StevieG123 Offline

• 9,698 posts | 64 
Reply #139 : April 10, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »
foo fighters new one is a must. quality. seein them in july cant wait. lookin forward to mona's debut album also new mumford and sons album!

Looking forward to Mona's debut and Mumford's new one.
‘When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along.’- Bill Shankly

YANK_LFC_FAN Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,641 posts | 171 
Reply #140 : April 10, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »
Really looking forward to the Foo Fighters.   In this day their is way too much shitty, mass produced pop that lacks any sort of soul or creativity.
The Foo Fighters are the last of a dying breed.  Justin Beiber and the Disney Pop sh*t sucks. It lacks soul and is mass produced to sell to tweenie girls.

God I miss good music.

HUYTON RED Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,123 posts | 796 
Reply #141 : April 11, 2011, 12:12:44 AM »
Really looking forward to the Foo Fighters.   In this day their is way too much shitty, mass produced pop that lacks any sort of soul or creativity.
The Foo Fighters are the last of a dying breed.  Justin Beiber and the Disney Pop sh*t sucks. It lacks soul and is mass produced to sell to tweenie girls.

God I miss good music.

Amen to that!!

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,035 posts | 432 
  • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
Reply #142 : April 11, 2011, 10:36:59 AM »

God I miss good music.
Don't give up faith. There's still good music being made, just not necessarily in the mainstream.

"If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win"

Dexter Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
Reply #143 : April 11, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »
Beastie Boys' upcoming album Hot Sauce Committee Part Two!

Fight For Your Right - Revisited
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:08:08 PM by Dexter »

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,035 posts | 432 
  • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
Reply #144 : April 11, 2011, 02:05:40 PM »
Very slightly off topic because it's not really a 'must have' but some of you may remember the trouble I had getting hold of 'The Brightside' by Break Even. I'd seen them live and accidentally ordered the LP instead of the CD.
Well for the record, it's a pretty damn good album. The production is dodgy and you can tell they're just starting out but I'm tipping them to do pretty well. Touring Australia in support of Sick of it All won't hurt their case either.

PS - Thanks to Frizzby5 for helping me track down a copy.

"If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win"

what-a-hit-son Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 6,870 posts | 445 
  • @MrPrice1979
Reply #145 : April 19, 2011, 11:44:48 AM »
Still waiting on the Strokes as well as many others.

So disappointed with Angles.
"If there is one thing the history of this great club teaches us, it is that Liverpool FC is bigger than any individual." Brendan Rodgers, 11.07.2014

StevieG123 Offline

• 9,698 posts | 64 
Reply #146 : April 19, 2011, 11:54:55 AM »

Really? I like it so much, not perfect, but I think fans were expecting too much and built it up to be something it could never be.
‘When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along.’- Bill Shankly

bad boy bubby Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,582 posts | 933 
Reply #147 : April 19, 2011, 09:00:22 PM »
Really? I like it so much, not perfect, but I think fans were expecting too much and built it up to be something it could never be.

So if you don't expect much you won't be disappointed?

Brilliant.  :lmao:

Ross Offline
  • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,867 posts | 147 
Reply #148 : April 25, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »
Never been able to get into The Strokes personally.

StevieG123 Offline

• 9,698 posts | 64 
Reply #149 : April 25, 2011, 12:15:05 PM »
So if you don't expect much you won't be disappointed?

Brilliant.  :lmao:

:roll: No, expecting too much in terms of it being comparable to the first album would leave you disappointed, which was why I kept an open mind and expected something different, which it is.