Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Adam Morgan (LFC to Yeovil Town)

Read 35976 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Adam Morgan (LFC to Yeovil Town)
      Apr 20, 2011 04:56:20 pm
      Hillsborough Tribute

In our latest column from the club's Academy, hot-shot Adam Morgan discusses the 6-0 win over Man United, Hillsborough and first-team starlets.

We were all delighted by the 6-0 win against Manchester United at the weekend.

It was a great team performance and the perfect way to bolster our hopes of landing the title.

United may not have fielded their strongest team but to defeat them by that scoreline at any level is special.

It was also significant as it came just 24 hours after the Hillsborough Memorial Service. The Academy lads were all at Anfield to help mark the 22nd anniversary of the tragedy and we were eager to pay our respects by beating United.

It was our own, personal tribute to the 96 supporters who went to a football match and never came home. It may not mean as much as when the first-team do it, but it was our way of showing that we care.

We actually had a meeting to discuss Hillsborough prior to the service. Our Education and Welfare Officers Phil Roscoe and Clive Cook both spoke at length about what happened that day and why it is such a poignant date in our history.

It's important that the foreign lads who come here understand this. It's part of playing for Liverpool Football Club and all of the local players make sure the guys who come from all corners of the world are aware of it.

It's always been a huge date for me personally. I wasn't there but it doesn't mean I can't pay my respects accordingly.

I attend the service every year and have worn my Hillsborough wristband from a very early age. I know how much it means to people like my Dad; supporters of that generation who actually lived through it.

I felt privileged to be there last Friday as part of the club and like I say, it was all the more fitting that we won our match the following day.

I actually managed to get on the scoresheet too which is always pleasing.

I've heard a lot of people talking about the number of goals I've scored recently and how  I have now notched in 13 consecutive games for the club.

I've always had confidence in my own ability but at the moment everything seems to be going in. Obviously I owe a lot to my teammates for providing me with the ammunition to score the goals and hopefully I can keep the run going against West Brom today.

I turn 17 tomorrow so it'd be nice to give myself an early birthday present with a goal that helps us pick up another three points. The main thing is to win and keep pushing for the league though. It's not about me or any other individual.

Every match is massive at this stage. We face Everton next week and that is going to be some occasion with both sides vying for the title.

I actually room with a bluenose when I go away on England U17 duty. John Lundstram is a really good guy and we've been having some funny banter about next Tuesday's game.

I think the Everton match will have a significant bearing on who wins the league. We are all confident in our ability as a team and as individuals so we just have to keep doing what we have been doing recently and we won't be too far away.

We know it is in our hands but Rodolfo (Borrell) has been stressing to us that we must take it one game at a time and make sure we give everything each time we run out on that pitch.

A few of us will actually miss the final few matches of the Academy season because we are away with England for the U17 European Championships. That's a great tournament to have on my resume and I know how much it can help my development from speaking to the likes of Conor Coady and Andre Wisdom. They both won it with England last summer so it would be nice to follow in their footsteps and retain the trophy.

Unfortunately it means we will not be able to play in what could be three vital U18 matches for Liverpool. I'm disappointed but hopefully the lads who come in can finish the job off.

Overall, it's been an incident-packed few weeks for everyone involved in Kirkby and it's all been very positive.

We've seen two of our Youth Cup teammates make an impression on the first-team and there's also been a Liverpool legend training with the reserves.

I've made no secret that I grew up worshipping Robbie Fowler, so to see him here at the Academy was surreal to say the least.

I actually had a chat with him one afternoon when I came in with my parents to speak to Frank McParland. Robbie came walking down the corridor and Frank called him over to introduce me to him. He asked me a question and I just started stuttering. I couldn't believe I was speaking to the player I grew up idolising. He was really nice to me and was very approachable.

I watched him training with the reserve lads and he's still got it. He can't half finish!

It's great for all the young players to have someone who has worn the red shirt with such distinction in and around the place. It's also good to see some of the younger players getting a chance at first-team level and Kenny Dalglish has shown great faith in them.

I was delighted to see John Flanagan play against Manchester City and Arsenal - and even more delighted to see Jack Robinson come on against the Gunners.

Jack has been my mate right the way through the Academy system and is still a first year scholar like me. We've even been on holiday with each other's family so I was made up when he came on at the Emirates.

He did really well against Theo Walcott, although I have given him stick about it because I think he should have got a haircut beforehand!

But in all seriousness, both of the lads have done us all proud and it's fantastic that the boss has given them the chance to show what they can do.

It's a real boost for everyone as it shows that if you are good enough then Kenny is more than willing to give you an opportunity.

I thought this was a good article, and it is good to see that young Adam Morgan has a good head on his shoulders.  He seems like a very bright, yet humble young lad.  If he takes that attitude with him to the training ground everyday and stays focused, I think he has what it takes to succeed at the top level.  Well done Ads!  YNWA
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2015 06:24:57 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Adam Morgan
      Reply #1: Apr 20, 2011 09:21:52 pm
      I'm glad you started a thread for him Harry, I was thinking of doing one myself.

Great attitiude and Pep and Rodolfo say he's a real natural.  They have very high hopes for him and I can't wait to see him in the 1st team.
      harrydunn08
      • Started Topic

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #2: Apr 20, 2011 09:25:48 pm
      ^ I agree.  I'd like to see him at least get to travel with the first team once before the end of the season. 

As much of a natural talent as he seems to be, a good attitude and work ethic are almost more important..... he seems to have all three things going for him!  He is one I am very excited about!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3: Apr 20, 2011 09:32:18 pm
      Same here mate and yes he deserves some training time at Melwood this season.

I've enjoyed watching him this season, he scores for fun, from anywhere.  His all round game is excellent, both feet, head, inside the box, outside the box.

They have likened him to God, so that can't be bad.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #4: Apr 21, 2011 01:53:44 am
      Same here mate and yes he deserves some training time at Melwood this season.

I've enjoyed watching him this season, he scores for fun, from anywhere.  His all round game is excellent, both feet, head, inside the box, outside the box.

They have likened him to God, so that can't be bad.

He has scored in 12 consecutive games and has 16 goals in those 12 games. He is rubbish, needs improvement.  ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #5: Apr 21, 2011 02:15:12 am
      He has said he follows in the footsteps of God but from those who have seen him, who, in our illustrious catalog of liverpool players is he most like?
      An Aldo or Rush type? A toshack or carroll kind of forward? Dalglish or keagan? (The combination of players in the above question isn't a direct comparison by me...just a loose grouping)
      Is he like jari and beardsley or like mellor and morientes?! (I love mellor for his sporadic moment of genius).
      Love a decent analysis of the player.   
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #6: Apr 21, 2011 10:50:12 am
      He has scored in 12 consecutive games and has 16 goals in those 12 games. He is rubbish, needs improvement.  ;)

I think it's 19 in 14 consecutive games, what a stat!
      harrydunn08
      • Started Topic

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #7: Apr 21, 2011 05:31:22 pm
      He has said he follows in the footsteps of God but from those who have seen him, who, in our illustrious catalog of liverpool players is he most like?
      An Aldo or Rush type? A toshack or carroll kind of forward? Dalglish or keagan? (The combination of players in the above question isn't a direct comparison by me...just a loose grouping)
      Is he like jari and beardsley or like mellor and morientes?! (I love mellor for his sporadic moment of genius).
      Love a decent analysis of the player.   

Personally, I think Fowler is a great comparison.  He isn't speed merchant like Owen was.  He isn't a big strong target man like Heskey/Carrol, or a workhorse like Gerrard.  He just seems to have a knack for finding the back of the net, even from half chances.  Fowler had that.  Robbie didn't look like the type of player who would light you up for 3 goals in a match, but he did..... I think Morgan has the potential to be exactly like that :)
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #8: Apr 21, 2011 05:34:34 pm
      Morgan has underrated speed to him. He's a pretty quick fella, that really works hard pressing high up the pitch. But his best quality obviously is his goal scoring. Much like Fowler, all the lad knows how to do is score. Doesn't matter how, or how pretty, but he does it.

Going to be scoring goals for the senior squad in no time.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Apr 21, 2011 07:29:21 pm
      Excited by this fella. Hope to see him banging in goals for the first team within 18months.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10: Apr 21, 2011 08:22:07 pm
      Out of all the quality lads we have coming through this one I can see making the step up sooner rather than later.

Not sure who mentioned above but he is a goal scorer, doesn't matter how or where from he'll get you goals.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #11: Apr 21, 2011 08:25:01 pm
      In my opinion he will defo make it to the first team. Like the look of him
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #12: Apr 22, 2011 02:02:19 am
      Very talented.

Can see Ngog being sold, an experience forward bought and Morgan as a number 4. Maybe first team football in a year or two.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #13: Apr 22, 2011 05:47:25 pm
      Under Kenny I believe we don't have to wait much long to see Adam Morgan play for first team. He's 17 now, hopefully he can get some part within this season.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #14: Apr 22, 2011 06:04:33 pm
      Under Kenny I believe we don't have to wait much long to see Adam Morgan play for first team. He's 17 now, hopefully he can get some part within this season.

He turned 17 yesterday in fact!  Happy birthday Adam.  He's a really exciting prospect.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15: Apr 24, 2011 12:52:49 am
      He turned 17 yesterday in fact!  Happy birthday Adam.  He's a really exciting prospect.

Doesn't that mean he can 'officially' turn professional as well then? 
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #16: Apr 25, 2011 03:28:01 pm
      Doesn't that mean he can 'officially' turn professional as well then? 

Mean's he can sign a professional contract, I believe.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #17: Jul 02, 2011 08:10:59 am
      Trio sign new deals

Liverpool Football Club have confirmed three of the club's young starlets have put pen to paper on new deals.

Adam Morgan, Tyrell Belford and Stephen Sama have all committed their futures to the Reds by signing new contracts.

Striker Morgan, currently on international duty at the U17s World Cup with England, has inked his first professional contract that will keep him at Anfield until June 2014
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Adam Morgan Player Thread
      Reply #18: Jul 02, 2011 12:51:01 pm
      Great news, a very bright future for Morgan.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #19: Jul 02, 2011 01:41:52 pm
      This lad is going to be quality. He just reminds me of a young Robbie Fowler. Would like to think that he will get a few games next season.

He has the confidence, ability and will to be a success at us.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #20: Jul 02, 2011 05:13:45 pm
      Great stuff this.

I think Morgan's rapid development last season resulted in us not splashing out on Wickham.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #21: Jul 02, 2011 07:11:40 pm
      Great young prospect IMO he will turn out great :D
      Jesus Hearts LFC
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts |
      Reply #22: Jul 02, 2011 11:29:03 pm
      A "poacher" is exactly the type of forward we need on the books, and Morgan is just that for us. Suarez is a creator, Carroll is a target man, Kuyt is a workhorse, Ngog is a... something..., and Morgan can be our poacher. Perfect to have him around and I hope he is given the same opportunities Fowler/Owen/Gerrard were given at an early age. With Kelly, Spearing, Flanno and Robbo given chances, I believe KK will give Morgan the shot either this year or next. Great news to have him signing on.

Quick Reply