Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720669 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3197: Mar 02, 2015 12:53:34 pm
      10 assists and 4 goals this season

Add to that his obvious leader skills

What a no end product slightly better than average F***ing bum
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #3198: Mar 02, 2015 12:55:53 pm
      Brendan marks the moment that Henderson got his red card last season as the moment we lost the title.

Right now he is the first name on the teamsheet. A natural leader in the squad despite his age - as he is for England - and good to see he is now adding goals to his game.

well in Hendo, hopefully we will be building the team around him for years to come.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #3199: Mar 02, 2015 12:58:50 pm

What a no end product slightly better than average f**king bum

Add to that what he always had, and what he's still getting better at doing; covering ground and pressing.

Right to the final whistle yesterday he was hounding Toure into mistakes.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #3200: Mar 02, 2015 01:02:34 pm
      Hope we see him wearing the no 8 shirt next season he deserves it more than anyone in that side, hes always been compared to Gearrard even though he's a different type of player. He's had stick off his own fans and all those up and down the country saying he's over rated and shouldnt start for England blaa blaa blaa. Stats paint half the picture with actually watching him to compete what is becoming a bloody mona lisa of paintins. Reliable, solid, hard working, technically great and has a great team attitude which was highlighted when he put his ego to one side to let a better pen taker step up to win us a vital game.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #3201: Mar 02, 2015 01:15:38 pm
      Great performance and a cracking strike.

My favourite player by miles.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3202: Mar 02, 2015 02:04:05 pm

What a no end product slightly better than average F***ing bum

F**k him right off and bring in Delph I say.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3203: Mar 02, 2015 10:25:17 pm
      Most impressive aspect of his game on Sunday was his pressing and tackling.

I think Yaya still would have felt Jordan breathing down his neck when he went to bed on Sunday night.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #3204: Mar 02, 2015 10:37:56 pm

I think Yaya still would have felt Jordan breathing down his neck when he went to bed on Sunday night.

You'd hope not wouldn't you

I already feel for his mrs, she must be one tired tired lady
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3205: Mar 02, 2015 10:41:30 pm
      You'd hope not wouldn't you

I already feel for his mrs, she must be one tired tired lady

Hah!

I think he leaves it all on the pitch mate no energy for anything else.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #3206: Mar 02, 2015 10:43:41 pm
      Hah!

I think he leaves it all on the pitch mate no energy for anything else.

Nah mate

I don't think he sleeps...

Bless her

StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #3207: Mar 03, 2015 04:28:38 pm
      Really special game for the Liverpool captain.. worked his ass off and had a beauty
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3208: Mar 04, 2015 04:27:01 am
      where is Fed, I miss his post match rants regarding Hendo  ;D

Well, if you really miss them, you could just go back and look at your own comments regarding him:

A piss poor performance tonight in attack and defence.
      A few on here were concerned when Henderson was appointed as vice captain and understandably so based on a decent 6 months.
      For a team which has aspirations to play in the CL consistently he just doesn't have the quality to be a regular starter.

His ability on the ball is non existent, his ability to turn after recieving a ball under pressure is very poor and for a player who likes to play further forward he looks terrified when ever he receives the ball in a decent position.

We know he can press but apart from that just runs around like a headless chicken.

Or the comments of others, no, not from 2 years ago, but from as recently as just a few months ago---oh but wait, that can't be, as apparently he's been great all season:

I was embarrassed for him today, he was that bad.
      His footballing brain is non-existent compared to Gerrard. He makes a LOT of unnecessary passes that keep putting other players under pressure.
      I'm sure it was just a blip but he was piss poor today. I mean really just horrible.
      Silliness there from Henderson, who does he think he is? Then a fine tackle from Sakho.
      Henderson sat back mostly, and what really irked me was his passing and negative play.  Majority of the time, he takes that extra touch that's not needed and passes are side or backwards. It's kind of ironic when he's suppose to be the more attacking midfielder. Henderson seems totally lost without an exceptional distributor next to him.
      Deserves all the criticism that heads his way tonight. Shocking performance
      The seagulls fear Jordan Henderson's shots, their domain isn't safe with skyward bound sandwedge shots that are his trademark.
      one bad game?  He hasn't been up to it all season.
      well we've always been known to tell it like it is as far as I'm concerned and that is Jordan was total sh*te and has been for a while.
      God awful gutless and insipid display from Henderson today.

This man is our future captain.

Just let that one settle in.
      My god he was f**king sh*t today. How many times did he pass back from advanced positions YET AGAIN. We are hardly creating chances because he lacks any form of creativity at all now - no wonder Rodgers wanted him sold from the off.  Embarrassing that he is the vice-captain. I was praiseworthy of him last year thought he had really turned a corner, but when the going gets tough, he's nowhere to be seen and he has reverted to type once again.
      Henderson was utterly appalling today - absolutely woeful. And - f**k - this is our future captain?

When the team are playing well, he did fine, but he is usless when we are playing sh*te.

His footballing brain is non-existant, and his passing has been woeful of late offering no penetration or threat. Which begs the question - what the f**k is he in the team for?

More worryingly, if this guy is seen as the best leader in this squad after the peerless Gerrard, how spineless and weak must our squad be???
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3209: Mar 04, 2015 04:33:01 am
      where is Fed, I miss his post match rants regarding Hendo
      Hey Fed.  Jordan had a message for you but you turned off your cell...anyway I think it was F**k off.

You see, this actually says a lot more about you than it does about me or anyone else.  Let me explain why.  You know that I think Henderson is overrated.  I've been saying that for quite some time now.  And yet you think that because he scored a worldie, that somehow that would change my mind about an opinion formed of watching every single game he's ever played in for us.  Because apparently YOU believe that if YOU didn't rate a player, then if you saw that player score a screamer, you would say "oh my god, I've been totally wrong for the last few years, he just erased years of awful performances in one second."  This is the Sky generation, supporters whose opinions change based on seeing a fantastic goal.

Hendo had a great strike today and did well overall but far from his best performance. Seemed to miss quite a few opportunities to be I. The right place at the right time which he usually flourishes at. Actually thought his work rate was a little down from his standard.

FLRed has it 110% right here.  That game against City was absolutely NOT one of Henderson's best performances.  In fact if you take away the stunning goal he scored, which was an absolute screamer, he really did very little.  I watched the game twice and counted 11 times when he gave the ball away in stupid places, countless sideways and backwards passes it.  Very anonymous.

In fact we had this conversation not too long ago regarding Stevie.  Away at Leicester Stevie had a terrible game but he scored a really important goal and everyone suddenly said "oh what a great game he had!"  So the obvious question is: if you have a poor or anonymous game, but you score a goal, does it mean you had a good game?  the opinion seemed to be split. 

but as FL Red said, that game against City was far from a top Henderson performance.  Joe Allen was MUCH more influential in that performance, he was everywhere, making really incisive passes, getting stuck in etc.  Henderson was floating around anonymously for most of the game.  Don't even get me started on the Silva goal, watch it again here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4yM5lZGIa9yWFdFNjZYLVhTdlk/view

--Henderson just runs around aimlessly in midfield, watching Silva but not putting in a tackle when he gets the chance, then watching Aguero and running right by him when he plays the pass.  You can see Skrtel dropping off early in the move, pointing at Jordan to tell him to occupy the space that Skrtel inevitably leaves open when he tracks Dzeko.  Does Henderson drop in to cover?  No.  He just walks around.  Look that goal alone was by no means only Henderson's fault.  But it just shows that in a crucial moment he dropped the ball along with everyone else.

So yea.  That was not a top Henderson performance.  If you want to see a really incredible Henderson performance, go back and watch that 5-0 thumping we gave to Spurs at White Hart Lane in December of 2013.  That was the best game he has ever played in a Liverpool shirt, hands down.  He scored, but it really wasn't about that.  He was spraying passes left and right, dropping balls on a sixpence for Sterling, putting tackles in left and right, he really owned and ran that game.  and that was the catalyst for his incredible form on the second half of last season.  His performance against City didn't even come close.  But of course he scored a screamer so the Sky generation says "wow what a performance."  Joe Allen was much more imposing in that game than Henderson, and neither of them had nearly the influence of Coutinho. 

So, as I said, my opinions about players are not formed based on one moment, or one game.  They are formed over a long period of time.  Henderson scored an absolute screamer against City.  But honestly, I don't care how much he scores or doesn't score.  That's not his job.  What his job is, is to impose himself on games and not go missing, to be class game in and game out, and that is something that he doesn't do.  He was absolutely terrible for his first two and a half seasons, then last season when Stevie got injured in December, something went off in him and he was unplayable for the second half of last season.  This season he's been hit and miss. 

That goal doesn't change anything; in fact he scored an even BETTER goal his first ever game at Anfield in his first season.  And then he went on to be wretched for 2 straight years.  So clearly scoring a worldie doesn't have an affect on future performance.  As I have said again and again, Ryan Babel scored a bunch of worldies, but he was generally underwhelming.  And not good enough.  I mean just thinking off the top of my head, I can think of three of our former players who scored absolute screamers this season---Downing, Carroll, and Jonjo Shelvey.  When you saw those goals on MOTD, did you say "oh my god, we were so wrong to let go of Shelvey!" etc?  of course not!  because you knew that his performance levels were not consistently that high.  I mean there are countless amazing goals scored by all sorts of players in the league.  That is NOT a reason to rate them (or not rate them) unless they are doing it literally game in and game out.  When you look back on Suarez's career with us, do you say "he was amazing because he scored that cracker against Stoke in the League Cup in 2011"?  no!  You say that Suarez was brilliant, game in and game out, for literally every game he ever played for us.  THAT is what it is about.

It was an absolutely incredible goal.  But it doesn't really change anything in the way I see Henderson.  I'm happy to change my mind about that though; take Mignolet for example.  He was absolutely wretched for almost a year on the trot.  Then he started to pick up his game when he came back from being dropped, and now, consistently, he's been a top class keeper.  Not because he had one good game.  But because he had a long line of games in a row while being solid.  Forget about what I think, you only have to go browse a few pages back in his own thread to see the countless posts of people saying Henderson's been up and down this season (and that's being kind).

So.  I have my opinion about Henderson.  I think he is overrated.  I don't think by any means he is utter rubbish.  I just think he's overrated and not good enough to be captaining our club, which means he will be undroppable from midfield.  It has nothing to do with how many screamers he scores or doesn't score.  It has to do with his play as a midfielder in bossing the game.

And the way I see it, I've seen more potential from Emre Can in about 90 total minutes of playing in midfield than I ever have from Henderson.  Can's first though is always to go forward, none of these immediate one touch sideways and backwards passes.  He consistently gets himself out of tricky situations, he puts in a good tackle, and most importantly, he is commanding and looks like he owns the game.  Henderson doesn't.  Henderson's top trait is his relentless work effort.  there's no denying that.  But consistent, top class, not just a screamer every now and then a la Carroll or Downing, but game in and game out top class performances---that's way he lacks.  And I think Can offers that.

But, we'll see what happens. 

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3210: Mar 04, 2015 06:12:02 am
      Crack that whip, Fed! :D

Regardless of opinions, that's a thought out post. +1.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3211: Mar 04, 2015 08:16:08 am
      You see, this actually says a lot more about you than it does about me or anyone else.  Let me explain why.  You know that I think Henderson is overrated.  I've been saying that for quite some time now.  And yet you think that because he scored a worldie, that somehow that would change my mind about an opinion formed of watching every single game he's ever played in for us.  Because apparently YOU believe that if YOU didn't rate a player, then if you saw that player score a screamer, you would say "oh my god, I've been totally wrong for the last few years, he just erased years of awful performances in one second."  This is the Sky generation, supporters whose opinions change based on seeing a fantastic goal.

FLRed has it 110% right here.  That game against City was absolutely NOT one of Henderson's best performances.  In fact if you take away the stunning goal he scored, which was an absolute screamer, he really did very little.  I watched the game twice and counted 11 times when he gave the ball away in stupid places, countless sideways and backwards passes it.  Very anonymous.

In fact we had this conversation not too long ago regarding Stevie.  Away at Leicester Stevie had a terrible game but he scored a really important goal and everyone suddenly said "oh what a great game he had!"  So the obvious question is: if you have a poor or anonymous game, but you score a goal, does it mean you had a good game?  the opinion seemed to be split. 

but as FL Red said, that game against City was far from a top Henderson performance.  Joe Allen was MUCH more influential in that performance, he was everywhere, making really incisive passes, getting stuck in etc.  Henderson was floating around anonymously for most of the game.  Don't even get me started on the Silva goal, watch it again here:

--Henderson just runs around aimlessly in midfield, watching Silva but not putting in a tackle when he gets the chance, then watching Aguero and running right by him when he plays the pass.  You can see Skrtel dropping off early in the move, pointing at Jordan to tell him to occupy the space that Skrtel inevitably leaves open when he tracks Dzeko.  Does Henderson drop in to cover?  No.  He just walks around.  Look that goal alone was by no means only Henderson's fault.  But it just shows that in a crucial moment he dropped the ball along with everyone else.

So yea.  That was not a top Henderson performance.  If you want to see a really incredible Henderson performance, go back and watch that 5-0 thumping we gave to Spurs at White Hart Lane in December of 2013.  That was the best game he has ever played in a Liverpool shirt, hands down.  He scored, but it really wasn't about that.  He was spraying passes left and right, dropping balls on a sixpence for Sterling, putting tackles in left and right, he really owned and ran that game.  and that was the catalyst for his incredible form on the second half of last season.  His performance against City didn't even come close.  But of course he scored a screamer so the Sky generation says "wow what a performance."  Joe Allen was much more imposing in that game than Henderson, and neither of them had nearly the influence of Coutinho. 

So, as I said, my opinions about players are not formed based on one moment, or one game.  They are formed over a long period of time.  Henderson scored an absolute screamer against City.  But honestly, I don't care how much he scores or doesn't score.  That's not his job.  What his job is, is to impose himself on games and not go missing, to be class game in and game out, and that is something that he doesn't do.  He was absolutely terrible for his first two and a half seasons, then last season when Stevie got injured in December, something went off in him and he was unplayable for the second half of last season.  This season he's been hit and miss. 

That goal doesn't change anything; in fact he scored an even BETTER goal his first ever game at Anfield in his first season.  And then he went on to be wretched for 2 straight years.  So clearly scoring a worldie doesn't have an affect on future performance.  As I have said again and again, Ryan Babel scored a bunch of worldies, but he was generally underwhelming.  And not good enough.  I mean just thinking off the top of my head, I can think of three of our former players who scored absolute screamers this season---Downing, Carroll, and Jonjo Shelvey.  When you saw those goals on MOTD, did you say "oh my god, we were so wrong to let go of Shelvey!" etc?  of course not!  because you knew that his performance levels were not consistently that high.  I mean there are countless amazing goals scored by all sorts of players in the league.  That is NOT a reason to rate them (or not rate them) unless they are doing it literally game in and game out.  When you look back on Suarez's career with us, do you say "he was amazing because he scored that cracker against Stoke in the League Cup in 2011"?  no!  You say that Suarez was brilliant, game in and game out, for literally every game he ever played for us.  THAT is what it is about.

It was an absolutely incredible goal.  But it doesn't really change anything in the way I see Henderson.  I'm happy to change my mind about that though; take Mignolet for example.  He was absolutely wretched for almost a year on the trot.  Then he started to pick up his game when he came back from being dropped, and now, consistently, he's been a top class keeper.  Not because he had one good game.  But because he had a long line of games in a row while being solid.  Forget about what I think, you only have to go browse a few pages back in his own thread to see the countless posts of people saying Henderson's been up and down this season (and that's being kind).

So.  I have my opinion about Henderson.  I think he is overrated.  I don't think by any means he is utter rubbish.  I just think he's overrated and not good enough to be captaining our club, which means he will be undroppable from midfield.  It has nothing to do with how many screamers he scores or doesn't score.  It has to do with his play as a midfielder in bossing the game.

And the way I see it, I've seen more potential from Emre Can in about 90 total minutes of playing in midfield than I ever have from Henderson.  Can's first though is always to go forward, none of these immediate one touch sideways and backwards passes.  He consistently gets himself out of tricky situations, he puts in a good tackle, and most importantly, he is commanding and looks like he owns the game.  Henderson doesn't.  Henderson's top trait is his relentless work effort.  there's no denying that.  But consistent, top class, not just a screamer every now and then a la Carroll or Downing, but game in and game out top class performances---that's way he lacks.  And I think Can offers that.

But, we'll see what happens. 

Ah that's where you have been scouring over past threads, got to respect your dedication to your one man crusdade to convince everyone what a negative c**t you are  ;D ;D

You see the difference with you and what the others the others have said about Henderson is that we know Henderson he has limitations and know when he has been playing badly and rightly or wrongly gets criticised but with you it's just a non stop sh*te  even when when he plays well, you go away hunting other people's threads to make you feel better.

Like a normal person why didnt you come on here and praise the guy for a decent performance, maybe even god forbid post some positive thoughts on the post match thread. Maybe even like people have in the Joe Allen thread have admitted they have been surprised by his turn of form but no you go away and compile reams of posts from other posters. It says more about you buddy than anyone else.........!!

Not sure I have ever seen you come on here post a good performance and make any comments but you soon reappear after a loss or poor performance to confirm your position as the forum misery guts   :dunceblock:

« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2015 08:45:06 am by HScRed1 »
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3212: Mar 04, 2015 08:54:36 am
      Like a normal person why didnt you come on here and praise the guy for a decent performance, maybe even god forbid post some positive thoughts on the post match thread.

I just told you.  I don't think he had a decent performance.  He scored a fantastic goal.  An absolutely stunning goal.  But there are 90 minutes in a game and I just said in my post that I wasn't impressed by his performance, that he has had much better performances, i.e., Spurs away when we won 5-0. 

so why would I come here and say "he had a decent performance" when I don't think he did?

as you said yourself, Joe Allen had a much better game than Henderson.  And Coutinho was even better than Allen.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3213: Mar 04, 2015 09:14:08 am

You have obviously have very little knowledge of the game that is called football he was quite clearly told by Rodgers to press their danger man YaYA high up the pitch which he did brilliantly, in fact he had better passing success than Coutinho! It was his tackle of YaYa which created the chance for Sturridge and his precence that kept Man City penned into their own half in the second stanza.

Your trying to pin the blame of that goal on Henderson holy sh*t, in that case where is Joe Allen? Sorry my friend that goes doen solely to Skrtel and mostly Can because he does not track his player, even your agenda against Henderson know no bounds.

« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2015 10:06:17 am by HScRed1 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3214: Mar 04, 2015 09:16:35 am

so why would I come here and say "he had a decent performance" when I don't think he did?

No point really wasting my time   :dunce2: :dunce2:

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3215: Mar 04, 2015 10:07:06 am
      No point really wasting my time   :dunce2: :dunce2:

Fed wouldn't be happy if we had his choice of "the world's best 11" starting every game because he's a perfectionist and expects every touch, every pass, every tackle and every shot to come off.

I'd hate to be his other half, imagine having a bad hair day in the Fed household  :depressed:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3216: Mar 04, 2015 10:25:25 am
      A top, top player is our Jordan:a fantastic, tireless, engine of a man whose role in the team is invaluable [hence the reason, when he's fit he plays] and now we've got goals and assist to put the icing on the cake.

If people can't see that or are (more likely) too afraid to admit they were wrong, because being right is better than supporting your own players, then; fair enough. It says more about them than we need to. Thankfully tho'; Brendan (unlike those who don't know if a ball is blown up or stuffed), knows what a good player we've got here.

Another high quality performance against City: what's not to like about a Red, on top of his game, in a winning team?   :confused-smiley-013:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3217: Mar 04, 2015 10:42:09 am
      Kenny saw his potential & now we are receiving the benefits.

Grown as a player & one that will great better with time.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3218: Mar 04, 2015 10:42:19 am
      Even City supporters seem to be unanimous in their praise of Henderson. They would take him instantly over Fernandinho and Fernando to partner Toure in midfield. And that's not off the back of one performance either. He has steadily improved over the last 24 months to become one of the PL's best midfielders.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3219: Mar 04, 2015 10:49:55 am
      Even City supporters seem to be unanimous in their praise of Henderson. They would take him instantly over Fernandinho and Fernando to partner Toure in midfield. And that's not off the back of one performance either. He has steadily improved over the last 24 months to become one of the PL's best midfielders.

Scum fans are the same mate but who gives a F**k what other fans think, he's ours and he'll be ours for as long as he's wanted.

Quick Reply