Author Topic: In Today's News  (Read 103992 times)

SM, Beerbelly and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Re: In Today's News
Reply #90 : November 30, 2011, 05:36:25 PM »
Agreed mate, both are morally bankrupt.

LFCexiled Online
  • Forum ITK
  • Anfield Hero
  • 9,783 posts | 497 
  • JFT96
Reply #91 : November 30, 2011, 05:37:51 PM »

New telly show in the making, Fanatical F**k-ups. Presented by Vernon Kay they form into 2 groups and just fight.

I'd go.
[/URL]

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #92 : November 30, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »
New telly show in the making, Fanatical F**k-ups. Presented by Vernon Kay they form into 2 groups and just fight.

I'd go.
Is it audience participation?

LFCexiled Online
  • Forum ITK
  • Anfield Hero
  • 9,783 posts | 497 
  • JFT96
Reply #93 : November 30, 2011, 08:50:56 PM »

If it is I may not go then, I'm a lover not a fighter.
[/URL]

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #94 : December 01, 2011, 09:40:58 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15977813

BBC news

BBC APOLOGY FOR CLARKSON COMMENTS

The BBC has apologised after Jeremy Clarkson said he would like to see the striking public sector workers "shot".
         The Top Gear presenter was speaking in the BBC's The One Show on the day of the widespread public sector strikes.
         He said "I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families".

A BBC spokesman said "The One Show apologised at the end of the show to viewers who may have been offended by
         Clarkson's comments".
   What an odious pr**k that man is, I saw his repulsive image on the One Show and immediately changed channels
     knowing that he is a total f**king bellend who has a monopoly on verbal diahorrea.
He is the epitomy of your Tory diehard supporter, a millionaire who believes his so called status elevates him to......whatever.
The silly c**t is no different to anyone else although many would argue the point, none more than his neighbours on the Isle Of Mann who he threatens and harasses regularly over coming to close to his mansion it has been reported - they would tell you he is not like everyone else but a complete tw*t.
Hate the man and his ilk.   
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:05:50 AM by stuey »

Shabs Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,991 posts | 304 
Reply #95 : December 01, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #96 : December 01, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »
BBC news

UNISON CALLS FOR CLARKSON SACKING

Jeremy Clarkson should be sacked by the BBC over his "appalling" comments about killing public sector workers,
       the trade union Unison has said.
        The union said it was considering reporting the Top Gear presenter to the police over comments on the One Show.

Referring to striking workers, Mr Clarkson said "I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute
        them in front of their families".

The BBC received over 4,700 complaints and has apologised for the comments

Hope they fry the b***ard.

Frankly, Mr Shankly Offline
  • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,300 posts | 278 
  • YNWA
Reply #97 : December 01, 2011, 06:12:16 PM »
Jeremy Clarkson making controversial comments?! Well I never!!

Nah I like Jeremy Clarkson. Yeah he's quite right wing but he doesn't try to be something he's not. That's refreshing. And anything to upset that simpering tw*t David Prentis is a hero in my book, even if I do not agree with Jeremy's sentiments! Jeremy doesn't realise that there are plenty of public sector workers who are over worked and under paid, nurses being a prime example. Teachers don't get any of my sympathy though.

But yeah I love Top Gear (yeah it's ridiculous but that's why I watch it) and I actually really enjoy reading his books. Don't care if he's a Tory or whatever. He's genuine, unlike most of the mugs on tv today.
" Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor. " Bill Shankly

David Wright Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,413 posts | 11 
Reply #98 : December 01, 2011, 06:32:51 PM »
I was annoyed when I heard Jeremy Clarkson's remarks, but then again he is a tory, who has never had to do a proper day's work in his life. He is an obnoxious right wing overpaid bafoon who should try working for the minimum wage, like millions of us in the country have to.
Have followed The Reds since the mid sixties,do not get to many games Last match Liverpool v Hull interested to hear from any other fans etc Recently managed to attend the Sunderland match. I am a keen Northern soul fan, visit various venues with friends.

althebest1 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,843 posts | 33 
Reply #99 : December 01, 2011, 07:39:22 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15977813

BBC news

BBC APOLOGY FOR CLARKSON COMMENTS

The BBC has apologised after Jeremy Clarkson said he would like to see the striking public sector workers "shot".
         The Top Gear presenter was speaking in the BBC's The One Show on the day of the widespread public sector strikes.
         He said "I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families".

A BBC spokesman said "The One Show apologised at the end of the show to viewers who may have been offended by
         Clarkson's comments".
   What an odious pr**k that man is, I saw his repulsive image on the One Show and immediately changed channels
     knowing that he is a total f**king bellend who has a monopoly on verbal diahorrea.
He is the epitomy of your Tory diehard supporter, a millionaire who believes his so called status elevates him to......whatever.
The silly c**t is no different to anyone else although many would argue the point, none more than his neighbours on the Isle Of Mann who he threatens and harasses regularly over coming to close to his mansion it has been reported - they would tell you he is not like everyone else but a complete tw*t.
Hate the man and his ilk.   
He is one of the 10% who are a big part of the global crisis problem after all...Journalist tw*t who thinks only of himself.
member of the peoples front of Judea.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #100 : December 01, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
Jeremy Clarkson making controversial comments?! Well I never!!

Nah I like Jeremy Clarkson. Yeah he's quite right wing but he doesn't try to be something he's not. That's refreshing. And anything to upset that simpering tw*t David Prentis is a hero in my book, even if I do not agree with Jeremy's sentiments! Jeremy doesn't realise that there are plenty of public sector workers who are over worked and under paid, nurses being a prime example. Teachers don't get any of my sympathy though.

But yeah I love Top Gear (yeah it's ridiculous but that's why I watch it) and I actually really enjoy reading his books. Don't care if he's a Tory or whatever. He's genuine, unlike most of the mugs on tv today.
I watched the BBC motor show many moons ago pre Clarkson when it was what it said on the tin, about mechanics and the pro's and con's of various motors.
It doesn't compare in the shape of Top Gear with only the top marks, the out of ordinary peoples' aspirations motors under the spotlight with Clarksons embarrassingly inflated ego threatening to overshadow everything.
Whatever his political leanings the fact remains that he is an obnoxious, arrogant individual. Claims of him being genuine are laughable when he announces that a section of his viewers "should be shot in front of their families", he is a disingenous clown who as quick as the camera shuts down reverts to type and becomes an arrogant loud mouthed bully.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 08:24:08 PM by stuey »

HUYTON RED Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,904 posts | 778 
Reply #101 : December 01, 2011, 10:56:15 PM »
Jeremy Clarkson - personal friend of the Prime Minister.

Bet they'll have a good laugh at that in Chipping Norton.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #102 : December 02, 2011, 09:07:47 AM »

BBC news

TERRY RACE ROW FILE HANDED TO CPS

The Crown Prosecution Service has been handed a file concerning allegations England and Chelsea captain
           John Terry made racist comments.
          Terry has been accused of using racist language towards QPR's Anton Ferdinand during Chelsea's 1-0 defeat
          at Loftus Road on the 23rd October.   
          The CPS received the file on Wednesday night and will now decide whether to bring a prosecution.
          If Terry is found guilty he could lose the England captaincy.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #103 : December 02, 2011, 11:03:19 AM »
BBC news

CLARKSON COMPLAINTS REACH 21,000

The BBC has received more than 21,000 complaints over Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson's remarks that striking
          public sector workers should be shot in front of their families.
          He was censured with his comments on The One Show and Unison called for him to be sacked. He later apologised.
          Unison welcomed the apology and invited Clarkson to spend a day with a Healthcare assistant.
          BBC Audience Services said the Corporation received 21,335 complaints as of 09:30 GMT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15999234           

David Wright Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,413 posts | 11 
Reply #104 : December 02, 2011, 12:46:57 PM »
It is a wonder Jeremy Clarkson hasn't been made chairman of the tory party with remarks like that, but then the truth would really come out.
Have followed The Reds since the mid sixties,do not get to many games Last match Liverpool v Hull interested to hear from any other fans etc Recently managed to attend the Sunderland match. I am a keen Northern soul fan, visit various venues with friends.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #105 : December 02, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »
Sacking's too good for Jeremy horse face, he wants putting down to save us unnecessary suffering.

Billy1 Offline

• 7,595 posts | 365 
Reply #106 : December 02, 2011, 05:56:19 PM »
Sacking's too good for Jeremy horse face, he wants putting down to save us unnecessary suffering.
The best way would be to do unto him as he would do unto others,shoot the basta*d.
Billy Liddell for ever and ever-Integrity and Loyalty to L.F.C. And what a player ,it was an honour to watch him play for L.F.C.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #107 : December 02, 2011, 07:54:54 PM »
    ^  ^  ^
Words of wisdom Billy.

KennyIsKing Offline
  • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
Reply #108 : December 03, 2011, 12:49:57 AM »
Funny how the very sight of satire becomes a political statement when the loony left are around
The Start Of A New Era.

37 years, man and boy.
From Shanks to Souness, through thick and thin, red to the core and proud of it.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #109 : December 03, 2011, 09:05:14 AM »
Funny how the very sight of satire becomes a political statement when the loony left are around
The sight of Clarkson is a lot funnier than satire mate, the laughing stops when he opens his mouth and spews his fascist far right dictate and implies it is humour.
Time will be his judge as the buffoon blasts away merrily at his own feet.

Shabs Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,991 posts | 304 
Reply #110 : December 03, 2011, 10:55:05 AM »
I have to admit i do love top gear and i do like clarkson,even though he does have a motor mouth.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #111 : December 03, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »
I have to admit i do love top gear and i do like clarkson,even though he does have a motor mouth.
Maybe if you got the nobhead to air his right wing views about our ethnic friends you might have a change of heart Shabs.

Shabs Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,991 posts | 304 
Reply #112 : December 03, 2011, 01:26:47 PM »
Maybe if you got the nobhead to air his right wing views about our ethnic friends you might have a change of heart Shabs.

I remember the show he did with the burkha which i found very hilarious but i understood also how some would find it offensive.

I dont think the man should face the sack.

Shabs Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,991 posts | 304 
Reply #113 : December 03, 2011, 01:45:24 PM »
3 Shocking stories the mail today.

One-month-old baby with every rib broken fighting for its life after man and woman are arrested for rape and battery

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069467/Man-woman-arrested-month-old-baby-raped-battered.html

British soldier stabs 10-year-old Afghan boy with bayonet after 'heavy vodka drinking session'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069492/British-soldier-stabs-10-year-old-Afghan-boy-bayonet-heavy-vodka-drinking-session.html#ixzz1fTkjSi5r

'These are the actions of a sadistic human being': Hunt for twisted thug who fed kitten to python in sick video
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069512/These-actions-sadistic-human-Hunt-twisted-thug-fed-kitten-python-sick-video.html

Frankly, Mr Shankly Offline

• 8,300 posts | 278 
  • YNWA
Reply #114 : December 03, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »

Implying that Clarkson is some sort of racist is ridiculous.
" Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor. " Bill Shankly

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #115 : December 03, 2011, 02:47:07 PM »
I remember the show he did with the burkha which i found very hilarious but i understood also how some would find it offensive.

I dont think the man should face the sack.
What would you advocate if his show was boycotted for no other reason than he appeared on it with his objectionable rethoric, surely his right wing views are not acceptable to you.

His apologies are meaningless and are the latest in a line of cosmetic statements following his offensive outbursts, proof in itself that the man is bullshitter and a liar.

How is it ridiculous? He is by his actions and statements right wing and the racist label sticks with that description easier than most.

The solution of course if we were to follow your model is sit back and let the obnoxious tw*t inflict his bigotry upon us , which if left unrestrained would I'm sure encompass and vilify all minorities and anything he disapproves of.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:03:12 PM by stuey »

HUYTON RED Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,904 posts | 778 
Reply #116 : December 03, 2011, 02:54:37 PM »

Yeah, I'd just say he's a big mouthed gobs***e!

He's no James May.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #117 : December 03, 2011, 03:09:18 PM »
I would like to see the pr**k on I'M A CELEBRITY, that would be f**king amazing and as well as all the humiliating stunts there's a good chance someone would knock the c**t out.

HUYTON RED Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,904 posts | 778 
Reply #118 : December 03, 2011, 04:12:15 PM »
Stewart Lee has it spot-on:

Stewart Lee on Top Gear

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,513 posts | 1051 
Reply #119 : December 03, 2011, 08:34:45 PM »
              ^  ^  ^
 That is one funny man - "it's just a Top Gear joke" hahaha.