Author Topic: UN Finds Iran Nuclear Arms Bid  (Read 16377 times)

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,822 posts | 1071 
Re: UN Finds Iran Nuclear Arms Bid
Reply #330 : March 27, 2012, 08:10:16 PM »
Hans Blix: The Iranian threat
The former UN weapons inspector discusses Iran's nuclear programme and how to prevent another war in the region.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/03/2012323161458267958.html
Rhetoric again Shabs, the man has views, I have views.

finchie Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,481 posts | 143 
Reply #331 : March 27, 2012, 08:29:48 PM »
Hans Blix surely has views that should not be dismissed as rhetoric given his experience, expertise and global reputation in this area. He tried to pour cold water over US and British claims of WMDs in Iraq. If our war-mongering leaders had genuinely listened to him many many lives would have been saved but alas war (not finding WMDs) was the aim of our leaders.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,822 posts | 1071 
Reply #332 : March 27, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »

Hans Blix surely has views that should not be dismissed as rhetoric given his experience, expertise and global reputation in this area. He tried to pour cold water over US and British claims of WMDs(sic) in Iraq. If our war-mongering leaders had genuinely listened to him many many lives would have been saved but alas war (not finding WMDs) was the aim of our leaders.

Rhetoric (sic) the art or technique of persuasion.

His views to me are rhetoric and I dismiss nothing, the fact that I describe his words as rhetoric indicates that I do not specifically concur with his opinion, however "well informed" you apparently think he might be.
Your opinion of his credibility is just that, an opinion and that in itself does not have any implications for me.
To reiterate, he has his views I have mine.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:59:28 PM by stuey »

finchie Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,481 posts | 143 
Reply #333 : March 27, 2012, 11:28:11 PM »
Rhetoric has negative connotations (such as lack of sincerity or substance within clever words). But you have now made it clear that you disagree with him and that's all which is fair enough.
Interesting use of 'sic' in your post (after rhetoric and WMDs) by the way.  Have I misspelt these words or used them incorrectly?

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,822 posts | 1071 
Reply #334 : March 28, 2012, 06:18:00 AM »
Rhetoric has negative connotations (such as lack of sincerity or substance within clever words). But you have now made it clear that you disagree with him and that's all which is fair enough.
Interesting use of 'sic' in your post (after rhetoric and WMDs) by the way.  Have I misspelt these words or used them incorrectly?
I believe your interpretation of the word erronous or at the very least not one that I would automatically select in that context, the art or technique of persuasion is a correct and unaffected definition of the word, that definition however appears to be fashioned into your interpretation as 'a lack of sincerity or substance within clever words' -  it seems less appropriate everytime I examine the phrase.   
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:33:25 AM by stuey »

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,822 posts | 1071 
Reply #335 : March 28, 2012, 10:42:09 AM »
I did not use the word sic with reference to the WMD claim, that is a different box of fireworks.
Excuse the mis - spelling of erroneous also in the previous post

finchie Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,481 posts | 143 
Reply #336 : March 28, 2012, 01:02:08 PM »
Cheers, Stuey for clarifying. I wasn't trying to be a grammar Nazi; I was just curious.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,822 posts | 1071 
Reply #337 : March 28, 2012, 01:16:46 PM »
Cheers, Stuey for clarifying. I wasn't trying to be a grammar Nazi; I was just curious.
No worries Finchie I would not want to appear over zealous myself with grammatical interpretation however I do place importance on the interpretation of my own scribblings.

YANK_LFC_FAN Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,637 posts | 169 
+1
Reply #338 : March 30, 2012, 04:25:51 AM »

When one of the two men in 2008 in place to be leader of the free world was asked what his policy on Iran would be, his response was "Bomb,bomb bomb"
Amidst such 'rhetoric' it is of no surprise that Iran seek nuclear arms
So what?   What exactly does a 4 year old quote, have to do with Irans attempt to build a Nuclear weapon?  McCain was an asshole politician, who chose the worlds dumbest f***in' moron as his VP running mate, this was a women trusted to be one step from President and she didn't know the 3 branches of the American Government or that Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, not to mention his opinion means nothing. He's not President because he wasn't elected. Politicians are morons and they lie and talk sh*t and bow down to fundamentalists and anyone who can help them get reelected. They don't give a f**k about you or me or our opinions or needs or wants.  I dont think its possible for my opinion of our leaders to get any lower.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,822 posts | 1071 
Reply #339 : March 30, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »
So what?   What exactly does a 4 year old quote, have to do with Irans attempt to build a Nuclear weapon?  McCain was an asshole politician, who chose the worlds dumbest f***in' moron as his VP running mate, this was a women trusted to be one step from President and she didn't know the 3 branches of the American Government or that Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, not to mention his opinion means nothing. He's not President because he wasn't elected. Politicians are morons and they lie and talk sh*t and bow down to fundamentalists and anyone who can help them get reelected. They don't give a f**k about you or me or our opinions or needs or wants.  I dont think its possible for my opinion of our leaders to get any lower.
In an an effort to present and consolidate the case that Iran should have a nuclear capability, however implausible it might be people root out the most obscure subject matter from whenever and imply there is some credibility in it, there wasn't then and there certainly isn't now. 

finchie Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,481 posts | 143 
+1
Reply #340 : July 31, 2012, 10:20:53 PM »
Time to play the 9/11 card-again!

Judge nails Iran, Al Qaeda for 9/11 with $6 billion penalty in lawsuit
A judge Monday awarded 9/11 relatives $6 billion in their suit targeting Al Qaeda and silent partner Iran for complicity in the heinous plot that killed nearly 3,000 people.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/judge-nails-iran-al-qaeda-9-11-6-billion-penalty-lawsuit-article-1.1125347#ixzz22EgXGd5T

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/judge-nails-iran-al-qaeda-9-11-6-billion-penalty-lawsuit-article-1.1125347

Incidentally the 9/11 Commission said that the source of the funding for the attacks was "of little practical significance." Not anymore obviously (although it would have been very interesting to actually investigate the source while the 9/11 whitewash/commission was taking place.)

So in the name of 9/11 we've had the invasion of Afghanistan to find Bin Laden (unproven as perpetrator), the invasion of Iraq to find WMDs and in the meantime the country (Saudi Arabia) where 15 of the 19 hijackers were citizens barely gets a mention. Nor is any blame attached to those in the US whose incompetence/neglect allowed the attacks to take place.

Bullshit!

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,035 posts | 432 
  • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
Reply #341 : July 31, 2012, 11:44:58 PM »
What are the chances of this Mitt Romney getting in? I was reading the other day how he would support Isreal in using military action against Iran's nuclear sites, as opposed to Obama's preference of using sanctions and diplomacy.

"If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win"

Shabs Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,091 posts | 311 
+1
Reply #342 : August 01, 2012, 01:05:45 AM »
What are the chances of this Mitt Romney getting in? I was reading the other day how he would support Isreal in using military action against Iran's nuclear sites, as opposed to Obama's preference of using sanctions and diplomacy.

Just touching on flip flop Mitt Romney, I have never seen such a sad state for a republican kissing someone else arse to get the nomination for the white house and also the Jewish vote,I find quite staggering how it is acceptable to the American people that a future president can be "Bought" in such an open manner.

Could you imagine what would be written by the right wing,pro Israeli,Zionist media if a candidate for the presidency of the USA went on a fund raiser to Saudia Arabia or Egypt etc etc?

Obama was highly criticised for giving a speech at Cairo university to the Muslim world yet we have a republican boot licking the Jewish vote and making all kind of outlandish statements about how he would endorse an attack on Iran ( send your own kids to war) & even going far as to say that Jerusalem is the future capital of the Jewish state,unbelievable.

It would be catastrophic for all concerned if any attack was allowed on Iran because that would draw in China,Russia,Syria,Iraq to the defence of the Iranian regime.

Finchie, good post mate.

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,035 posts | 432 
Reply #343 : August 01, 2012, 01:17:17 AM »
It would be catastrophic for all concerned if any attack was allowed on Iran because that would draw in China,Russia,Syria,Iraq to the defence of the Iranian regime.

It would, that's why I asked. I'm not particularly up to date with these US presidential candidates so wondered if anyone could give me an idea as to whether he was a genuine contender (threat?) or not?

Shabs Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,091 posts | 311 
Reply #344 : August 01, 2012, 01:31:33 AM »
It would, that's why I asked. I'm not particularly up to date with these US presidential candidates so wondered if anyone could give me an idea as to whether he was a genuine contender (threat?) or not?

He is being trumped up by he republican media and is going out his way to be very hawkish, it's also prompted Obama to pledge a further $70 Million to the Israeli Iron Dome project,you see they are only interested what's good for Israeli policy and the Jewish vote.

The real threat to Obama is the Libeterian Rebuplican Dr Ron Paul who has been pretty much taking the cauceses votes by storm and a number of delegates who have backed him as the next president but the media fail to mention the impact Dr Paul is having and who is followers are the young, war veterans & current military personal.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:58:08 AM by Shabs »

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,035 posts | 432 
Reply #345 : August 01, 2012, 01:52:45 AM »
Ah ok, thanks.

Reslivo Offline
  • Southern fairy. Tries to fit in.
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 13,911 posts | 363 
Reply #346 : August 01, 2012, 04:59:52 AM »
He is being trumped up by he republican media and is going out his way to be very hawkish, it's also prompted Obama to pledge a further $70 Million to the Israeli Iron Dome project,you see they are only interested what's good for Israeli policy and the Jewish vote.

The real threat to Obama is the Libeterian Rebuplican Dr Ron Paul who has been pretty much taking the cauceses votes by storm and a number of delegates who have backed him as the next president but the media fail to mention the impact Dr Paul is having and who is followers are the young, war veterans & current military personal.

Ron Paul for me.

He promotes peace.

finchie Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,481 posts | 143 
Reply #347 : August 01, 2012, 08:02:46 AM »
I'd agree, Res.
Having said that I've taken little interest in the election because whoever gets in I expect exactly the same foreign policies to be implemented. Obama proved this to be the case with his unfulfilled pre-election promises; he has been if anything worse than the war-mongerer Bush.

SM Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 31 
Reply #348 : August 01, 2012, 08:40:29 AM »
Are you from the US Finchie?

Shabs Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,091 posts | 311 
Reply #349 : August 01, 2012, 11:17:01 AM »
Ron Paul for me.

He promotes peace.

He does indeed and hope to see him restore credibility to the USA by becoming President.

I'd agree, Res.
Having said that I've taken little interest in the election because whoever gets in I expect exactly the same foreign policies to be implemented. Obama proved this to be the case with his unfulfilled pre-election promises; he has been if anything worse than the war-mongerer Bush.

Agree with the Bush compare.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,822 posts | 1071 
Reply #350 : August 01, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »
I'd agree, Res.
Nothing changes, US foreign policy in general cannot and will not change no matter who is in office.
The security services and the military are not affected one iota and that is where the power lies.

Shabs Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,091 posts | 311 
Reply #351 : August 01, 2012, 06:40:56 PM »
Nothing changes, US foreign policy in general cannot and will not change no matter who is in office.
The security services and the military are not affected one iota and that is where the power lies.

The power is controlled by the lobbyist ie AIPAC.

finchie Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,481 posts | 143 
Reply #352 : August 01, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »
No, I'm from Wallasey!

finchie Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,481 posts | 143 
+1
Reply #353 : August 02, 2012, 08:18:35 AM »

With comments like the above Ron Paul has no chance. The establishment won't allow it even if the voters would.

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,822 posts | 1071 
Reply #354 : August 02, 2012, 10:28:44 AM »

With comments like the above Ron Paul has no chance. The establishment won't allow it even if the voters would.
As stated the policies and attitude of any US administration does not vary to any significant degree, any divergence from the perceived norm is corrected by the security services.   

Shabs Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,091 posts | 311 
Reply #355 : August 02, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »
As stated the policies and attitude of any US administration does not vary to any significant degree, any divergence from the perceived norm is corrected by the security services.  

JFK being the best example.

Many say this is the speech that got him killed.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZk8ronces

stuey Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,822 posts | 1071 
Reply #356 : August 02, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »
JFK being the best example.

Many say this is the speech that got him killed.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZk8ronces

JFK indeed Shabs and it was that very incident I had in mind when I posted.

finchie Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,481 posts | 143 
Reply #357 : August 23, 2012, 09:22:54 AM »
Iran's supreme leader orders fresh terror attacks on West
Iran's Supreme Leader has ordered the country's Revolutionary Guards to intensify its campaign of terror attacks against the West and its allies in retaliation for supporting the overthrow of President Bashar al-Assad in Syria.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9490878/Irans-supreme-leader-orders-fresh-terror-attacks-on-West.html

A shocking and worrying headline that will catch the eye of many casual readers, leaving an imprint on them that Iran is a serious threat to the West and we must remove the regime for our safety. Then read the report. The source is not some speech made on Iranian television but some unnamed "Western intelligence officials".

I would ask why does the British press try and insult our intelligence with such a headline but unfortunately such headlines work; any signs of those Iraq WMDs yet?

Shabs Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,091 posts | 311 
+1
Reply #358 : August 26, 2012, 11:44:19 PM »
Where is the outrage over these remarks?.

Shas spiritual leader calls on Jews to pray for annihilation of Iran

During his weekly sermon, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef says Jews should pray for destruction of the enemies of Israel, with an emphasis on Iran and Hezbollah.
By Haaretz    and Reuters    | Aug.26, 2012 | 11:24 AM |   22

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.

Aug.26,2012 | 11:24 AM |  15

By Haaretz    and Reuters
Aug.26,2012 | 11:24 AM |  6
Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, who was updated last week on the Iranian nuclear project, called on Jews to pray for the destruction of Iran, this past Saturday.

During his weekly sermon, the ultra-Orthodox leader of the Shas party stated that his followers should pray for the annihilation of the enemies of the Jewish people during Rosh Hashana (Jewish New Year), with an emphasis on Iran and Hezbollah.

“When we say ‘may our enemies be struck down’ on Rosh Hashana, it shall be directed at Iran, the evil ones who threaten Israel. God shall strike them down and kill them,” said Yosef.”

The comments come in the wake of visits by senior defense officials, including National Security Council head Ya'akov Amidror and Interior Minister Eli Yishai, to Yosef to convince Yosef to support a possible Israeli attack on Iran.

It is not known whether Amidror or any of the others succeeded in persuading Yosef. However, during a sermon delivered the previous week, a day after his meeting with Amidror, Yosef said: "You know what situation we're in, there are evil people, Iran, about to destroy us. ... We must pray before [the almighty] with all our heart."

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's security cabinet, which Israeli officials have said is divided over the question of launching a go-it-alone attack on Iran, includes a Shas minister as one of its eight members. Iran says it is enriching uranium for peaceful purposes.

Yosef wields significant influence over Shas's lawmakers, who seek his guidance on policy.

In the past, the Baghdad-born Yosef has stirred controversy by likening Palestinians to snakes, calling for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to "perish from this world" and describing non-Jews as "born only to serve us".

But he has also spoken out in favour of Israel ceding occupied land for peace with the Palestinians in order to end conflict and save Jewish lives.

F***ing Ironic he was born in Iraq and also Shoal Mofaz the opposition leader of the Kadima party war born in............wait for it......IRAN.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/shas-spiritual-leader-calls-on-jews-to-pray-for-annihilation-of-iran-1.460765

Roddenberry Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,216 posts | 542 
Reply #359 : August 27, 2012, 05:15:05 PM »
Where is the outrage over these remarks?.

During his weekly sermon, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef says Jews should pray for destruction of the enemies of Israel, with an emphasis on Iran and Hezbollah.
By Haaretz    and Reuters    | Aug.26, 2012 | 11:24 AM |   22

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef.

Aug.26,2012 | 11:24 AM |  15

By Haaretz    and Reuters
Aug.26,2012 | 11:24 AM |  6
Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, who was updated last week on the Iranian nuclear project, called on Jews to pray for the destruction of Iran, this past Saturday.

During his weekly sermon, the ultra-Orthodox leader of the Shas party stated that his followers should pray for the annihilation of the enemies of the Jewish people during Rosh Hashana (Jewish New Year), with an emphasis on Iran and Hezbollah.

“When we say ‘may our enemies be struck down’ on Rosh Hashana, it shall be directed at Iran, the evil ones who threaten Israel. God shall strike them down and kill them,” said Yosef.”

The comments come in the wake of visits by senior defense officials, including National Security Council head Ya'akov Amidror and Interior Minister Eli Yishai, to Yosef to convince Yosef to support a possible Israeli attack on Iran.

It is not known whether Amidror or any of the others succeeded in persuading Yosef. However, during a sermon delivered the previous week, a day after his meeting with Amidror, Yosef said: "You know what situation we're in, there are evil people, Iran, about to destroy us. ... We must pray before [the almighty] with all our heart."

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's security cabinet, which Israeli officials have said is divided over the question of launching a go-it-alone attack on Iran, includes a Shas minister as one of its eight members. Iran says it is enriching uranium for peaceful purposes.

Yosef wields significant influence over Shas's lawmakers, who seek his guidance on policy.

In the past, the Baghdad-born Yosef has stirred controversy by likening Palestinians to snakes, calling for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to "perish from this world" and describing non-Jews as "born only to serve us".

But he has also spoken out in favour of Israel ceding occupied land for peace with the Palestinians in order to end conflict and save Jewish lives.

F***ing Ironic he was born in Iraq and also Shoal Mofaz the opposition leader of the Kadima party war born in............wait for it......IRAN.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/shas-spiritual-leader-calls-on-jews-to-pray-for-annihilation-of-iran-1.460765

Disgraceful, just like it is when it's the other way around.
POETRY