Author Topic: UN Finds Iran Nuclear Arms Bid  (Read 16412 times)

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,905 posts | 1073 
Re: UN Finds Iran Nuclear Arms Bid
Reply #60 : November 08, 2011, 01:03:38 AM »
Amongst others.

Roddenberry Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,254 posts | 544 
Reply #61 : November 08, 2011, 01:05:05 AM »
Thats right now back it up with who were the first to annihilate the people of yahquub (jacob)?

Depends which fictional book you read/believe.
POETRY

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,905 posts | 1073 
Reply #62 : November 08, 2011, 01:10:05 AM »
Depends which fictional book you read/believe.
We've got an old one and a revised version to contend with.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,118 posts | 312 
Reply #63 : November 08, 2011, 01:26:40 AM »
Pro-Israeli Lobby Group Made BBC, Sky News ‘Change Narrative’ On Stories

Ahead of a widely-expected Israeli-led attack on Iran, Britain Israel Communications and Research Centre, an elitist pro-Israeli lobbying firm, has been caught “briefing” the British mainstream media on how to present news items relating to Israel, bragging in a leaked email of how BBC and Sky News editors “changed their narrative” on stories after meeting with BICOM representatives.

http://theintelhub.com/2011/11/07/pro-israeli-lobby-group-made-bbc-sky-news-%E2%80%98change-narrative%E2%80%99-on-stories/

Roddenberry Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,254 posts | 544 
Reply #64 : November 08, 2011, 01:28:36 AM »
Pro-Israeli Lobby Group Made BBC, Sky News ‘Change Narrative’ On Stories

Ahead of a widely-expected Israeli-led attack on Iran, Britain Israel Communications and Research Centre, an elitist pro-Israeli lobbying firm, has been caught “briefing” the British mainstream media on how to present news items relating to Israel, bragging in a leaked email of how BBC and Sky News editors “changed their narrative” on stories after meeting with BICOM representatives.

http://theintelhub.com/2011/11/07/pro-israeli-lobby-group-made-bbc-sky-news-%E2%80%98change-narrative%E2%80%99-on-stories/

News sources biased, excuse me while I pretend to be shocked.  Never known a media source not to be biased, no matter where it's based.
POETRY

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,905 posts | 1073 
Reply #65 : November 08, 2011, 01:43:44 AM »
I don't expect a wide attack on Iran from any wide source as widley expected from any wide boys.
These so called news sources are an insult to the intelligence of the reader.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,118 posts | 312 
Reply #66 : November 08, 2011, 01:47:35 AM »
Well best of luck to whom makes the mistake.

YANK_LFC_FAN Online
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,639 posts | 170 
Reply #67 : November 08, 2011, 01:50:10 AM »
Yes by christians especially in europe.
Thats right now back it up with who were the first to annihilate the people of yahquub (jacob)?

Back on topic,

I think the beating of the chest by israel is in hope that the USA who has armies stationed close by will go in and do the deed on israels part.

All the opinions and politics aside, do you think Iran should be allowed a Nuclear Weapon?  Who cares about the same pissant arguments, over and over.  Eventually plain logic should be applied to these problems.

Its really very simple.

Nations that have some semblance of order, stability, control of its citizens, government and a process of checks and balances in its judicial and legislative bodies, should be allowed to pursue some sort of Nuclear program.

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,905 posts | 1073 
Reply #68 : November 08, 2011, 01:53:43 AM »
  All the opinions and politics aside, do you think Iran should be allowed a Nuclear Weapon?  Who cares about the same pissant arguments, over and over.  Eventually plain logic should be applied to these problems.

Its really very simple.

Nations that have some semblance of order, stability, control of its citizens, government and a process of checks and balances in its judicial and legislative bodies, should be allowed to pursue some sort of Nuclear program.
On that basis of course Iran excludes itself.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,118 posts | 312 
Reply #69 : November 08, 2011, 02:02:51 AM »

Its really very simple.

No. It is simple as that, having said that they should be allowed nuclear energy for domestic comsumption that is all.

vitez Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,676 posts | 150 
Reply #70 : November 08, 2011, 03:31:11 AM »

Its really very simple.

No, but having said that though, I don't believe ANY nation should have access to nuclear weapons.  However this discussion is about nuclear energy (which me personally, I am also completely against).  While I'll condemn the US for their seemingly lax (relatively speaking when compared to Australian laws) about gun ownership, I applaud them 100% that, at the very least, every citizen is legally allowed to bear arms and the same consistency is applied to every citizen of the US (not getting into felons/illegal immigrants etc. here - long story short, everyone can carry a gun but if you f**k up, that right is taken away).

Here in Australia we have laws saying I cannot walk down the street with a holstered G17c, whereas we have other people who can legally walk down the streets with said firearm.  That's f**king stupid, either give me the right to carry a gun (for the record, I'm not campaigning to be able to do such a thing, merely pointing out the hypocrisy in allowing some people to do it, but not others).

If you want plain logic, it's here.  People that are guilty of breaking the rules, shouldn't enforce them - that's the crux of the matter.  It's a classic case of who will police the police.

Some of the reasoning on here as to why Iran shouldn't be allowed a nuclear enrichment program is laughable and equally applicable to Russia, China, US, UK, Iran, Israel and well, pretty much any nation that has nuclear capabilities.  Why is there no outrage that any of them have a nuclear arsenal?

The hilarity in all this is that without Halliburton, a US based company, which should come under the juristiction of the US government (well at least it would if the country wasn't a kleptocratic corpocracy), helped revitalise a struggling Iranian nuclear enrichment program back in the mid 90s all in the name of the almighty dollar.  Without them, the Iranians wouldn't even be able to sustain a nuclear capacity in any way, shape or form.

"An army of deers led by a lion is to be feared a thousand times more than an army of lions led by a deer"

SM Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 31 
Reply #71 : November 08, 2011, 09:39:44 AM »
but if it comes down to it I dont want Iran to have a Nuke. I dont trust them, I dont trust that government or regime, I dont trust their military.

Anyone who thinks that Iran having a nuke will somehow bring stability to the Middle East is either naive or just stupid. Iran cannot have Nuclear Weapons.

I agree and well said.

Out of interest how long have Israel had nuclear weapons?

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,905 posts | 1073 
Reply #72 : November 08, 2011, 09:40:17 AM »
they should be allowed nuclear energy for domestic comsumption that is all.
Totally agree and that is a sentiment echoed by Uncle Tom Cobly and all but apparently your main man in Iran has other ideas.

I agree and well said.

Out of interest how long have Israel had nuclear weapons?
Some time now, never used and subject to strict and consistent control, what price any control when the promise of eternal life and virgins R us is on offer from some deranged zealot with an agenda and a small amount of nuclear material.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:54:07 AM by stuey »

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,118 posts | 312 
+1
Reply #73 : November 08, 2011, 09:44:50 AM »
Totally agree and that is a sentiment echoed by Uncle Tom Cobly and all but apparently your main man in Iran has other ideas.

This is the point stuey,they should be monitored,this is the very reason the russians agreed to build the nuclear plants,pakistan,north korea and Isra..... all have nuke power for military advantages but not for domestic use.

I hope people come to their senses and realise we as humans do not need further bloodshed and another long drawn out  war.

SM Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 31 
Reply #74 : November 08, 2011, 10:04:10 AM »
Some time now, never used and subject to strict and consistent control,

Thought it had been a while.

Have they ever used their threat of nuclear weapons against the west?

FATKOPITE10 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,571 posts | 58 
Reply #75 : November 08, 2011, 10:45:59 AM »
I've heard that Mossad are advising against a strike on Iran, there is an irony there. The concern of who decides who cab have nuclear weapons/technology rears its head again. India can which is all well and good but states regarded as rogue cannot.

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,905 posts | 1073 
Reply #76 : November 08, 2011, 11:34:38 AM »
Thought it had been a while.

Have they ever used their threat of nuclear weapons against the west?
If you mean the threat or actual weapons? I am not aware of either.
I've heard that Mossad are advising against a strike on Iran, there is an irony there. The concern of who decides who cab have nuclear weapons/technology rears its head again. India can which is all well and good but states regarded as rogue cannot.
The vast majority of Israelis are against a strike on Iran, I imagine the same sentiment is shared by Iranians about Israel.
The stakes are being raised by an individual for his own agenda backed no doubt by the tiers of religious people with funny hats that represents a ruling body - irrespective of the fact that one man has omnipotent power.

finchie Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,486 posts | 143 
Reply #77 : November 08, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
Regarding Israel's nuclear weapons:
Some time now, never used and subject to strict and consistent control

What strict controls? They don't even admit to having them so how can strict controls be applied. Israel has never signed the non-proliferation treaty (Iran incidentally has).

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,905 posts | 1073 
Reply #78 : November 08, 2011, 12:59:49 PM »
Regarding Israel's nuclear weapons:
What strict controls? They don't even admit to having them so how can strict controls be applied. Israel has never signed the non-proliferation treaty (Iran incidentally has).
This goes from the sublime to the ridiculous Finchie, how can Iran proliferate nuclear weapons when it supposedly has none?
There must be an efficient control system in place because there have been no leaks, nuclear accidents or thefts of the materials to construct a nuclear device such as we have seen outside Israel.
Of course they have nuclear capability but do not wish to broadcast it, provoke reaction or intimidate people.
How can you expect any nation to react to threats of total destruction from regimes on it's very borders?

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,118 posts | 312 
Reply #79 : November 08, 2011, 01:08:26 PM »
This goes from the sublime to the ridiculous Finchie, how can Iran proliferate nuclear weapons when it supposedly has none?There must be an efficient control system in place because there have been no leaks, nuclear accidents or thefts of the materials to construct a nuclear device such as we have seen outside Israel.
Of course they have nuclear capability but do not wish to broadcast it, provoke reaction or intimidate people.
How can you expect any nation to react to threats of total destruction from regimes on it's very borders?

International Conventions & Agreements
Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT)

Background
The NPT aims to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons and weapons technology, to foster the peaceful uses of nuclear energy, and to further the goal of disarmament. The Treaty establishes a safeguards system under the responsibility of the IAEA, which also plays a central role under the Treaty in areas of technology transfer for peaceful purposes.

http://www.iaea.org/Publications/Documents/Treaties/npt.html

Iran is a member and israel is not.

SM Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 31 
+1
Reply #80 : November 08, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
Treatys / Agreements dont mean jack sh*t when you have a lunatic in control - I asked the Israel question because the usual suspects keep banging on about the right to have them using Israel as an easy way to say "well if they have them Iran should be allowed to have them as well".....sorry but that is bollocks and an easy argument quoting treatys etc etc saying Israel dont comply.

You wouldnt want the local pyscho being given a gun if he has threatened to shoot your face off in the past now would you......??

finchie Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,486 posts | 143 
+1
Reply #81 : November 08, 2011, 01:15:42 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/09/18/us-nuclear-iaea-sb-idUSTRE58H3QW20090918
U.N. body urges Israel to allow nuclear inspections

It cannot be right that Israel does not allow inspections. I can't see how this can be argued against.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,118 posts | 312 
Reply #82 : November 08, 2011, 01:16:56 PM »
Treatys / Agreements dont mean jack sh*t when you have a lunatic in control - I asked the Israel question because the usual suspects keep banging on about the right to have them using Israel as an easy way to say "well if they have them Iran should be allowed to have them as well". ..sorry but that is bollocks and an easy argument quoting treatys etc etc saying Israel dont comply.

You wouldnt want the local pyscho being given a gun if he has threatened to shoot your face off in the past now would you. . ??

Are you daft? because no one is calling for iran to have nuclear weapons if they have qoute it! iran has a "right" to nuclear energy for domestic consumption not military purposes,yet israel has nukes for military domination in the region.

Do some research before banging on about squat.

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,905 posts | 1073 
Reply #83 : November 08, 2011, 02:08:51 PM »
Are you daft? because no one is calling for iran to have nuclear weapons if they have qoute it! iran has a "right" to nuclear energy for domestic consumption not military purposes,yet israel has nukes for military domination in the region.

Do some research before banging on about squat.
He's not daft at all and makes perfect sense, as you yourself stated you have reservations about the Iranian teararse who has complete power in that country - no safeguards, no discussion and a religious doctrine that dictates he annihilate anyone that doesn't believe his version of the plot according to whoever, not a candidate for the kill thousands of none believers button operator I would have thought.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,118 posts | 312 
Reply #84 : November 08, 2011, 02:17:48 PM »
He's not daft at all and makes perfect sense, as you yourself stated you have reservations about the Iranian teararse who has complete power in that country - no safeguards, no discussion and a religious doctrine that dictates he annihilate anyone that doesn't believe his version of the plot according to whoever, not a candidate for the kill thousands of none believers button operator I would have thought.

OMG.

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,905 posts | 1073 
Reply #85 : November 08, 2011, 02:20:25 PM »

Reslivo Offline
  • Southern fairy. Tries to fit in.
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 13,919 posts | 363 
Reply #86 : November 08, 2011, 03:09:32 PM »
What a surprise. Stuey and Shabs at loggerheads in a topic about Israel (& Iran).

Again.

Don't you guys realise that this is getting excruciatingly boring? Give it a rest.

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,905 posts | 1073 
Reply #87 : November 08, 2011, 03:37:04 PM »
No one's losing it Res, admitted there have been previous discussions that have got overheated but this is a reasoned exchange of views with no abuse.
I can see where you're coming from mate if you do not have an interest in the subject it could be tiresome reading but it is a theme with many different aspects although it would seem to be repetitious to somebody not too interested in the subject matter.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,118 posts | 312 
Reply #88 : November 08, 2011, 05:01:02 PM »
No one's losing it Res, admitted there have been previous discussions that have got overheated but this is a reasoned exchange of views with no abuse.
I can see where you're coming from mate if you do not have an interest in the subject it could be tiresome reading but it is a theme with many different aspects although it would seem to be repetitious to somebody not too interested in the subject matter.

Amen,brother amen.

stuey Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 24,905 posts | 1073 
+1
Reply #89 : November 08, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »
How is your good lady Shabs any updates?