Author Topic: The TV Series Discussion Thread  (Read 29004 times)

higgy_sham Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,846 posts | 54 
Re: The TV Series Discussion Thread
Reply #60 : December 14, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »
Anyone else watching American Horror Story?

I have to admit, I had trouble with the first couple of episodes, as they are very strange, but after persisting with it, we discover a lot more about the characters and everything starts to make a certain kind of sense.

No spoilers, but if you don't know it, it's about a couple and their daughter who move into a new house, trying to make a fresh start after the husband cheated on his wife. Except the house is haunted, by more than one ghost!

I'm hooked now, and the images and ambience are really excellent! Plenty of scares and unexpected, I recommend it, but like I said earlier, you need to persist with it if you struggle early on.

Not yet mate. The brother has been at me for a while to watch it.

Must get it sorted soon.

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 10,972 posts | 417 
  • In [insert manager] I Trust!
Reply #61 : December 14, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »
Quote from YANK_LFC_FAN
I just started watching the new Ricky Gervais show Lifes Too Short.  I already liked Gervais I like all his stuff..Radio, Podcasts, Extra's.

This new show is hilarious. I actually cried I was laughing so hard.

I've been watching that as well, mate. Hats off to Warwick for having the humility to play the role, I think it's hilarious.
Check out this trailer if you haven't seen it. I've watched this several times and end up laughing each time I watch it :

Ricky And Warwick The Frog - Life's Too Short - BBC Two

Anybody else been watching This Is England 88? I get home too late so will catch up on 4OD, just wondered if it was as good as 86.

"If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win"

Frankly, Mr Shankly Online
  • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,695 posts | 238 
  • YNWA
Reply #62 : December 14, 2011, 08:23:22 PM »
I've been watching that as well, mate. Hats off to Warwick for having the humility to play the role, I think it's hilarious.
Check out this trailer if you haven't seen it. I've watched this several times and end up laughing each time I watch it :

Ricky And Warwick The Frog - Life's Too Short - BBC Two

Anybody else been watching This Is England 88? I get home too late so will catch up on 4OD, just wondered if it was as good as 86.

Really enjoying Life's Too Short as well. The part (episode two I believe) where he was giving a speech at a wedding was just brilliant. Ricky Gervais upsetting Johnny Depp was top quality as well but I think this was probably amongst the funniest things I've seen! Liam Neeson is so great! Will watch the final episode of Frozen Planet as well later since I've finished my coursework for the semester!

Liam Neeson improv with Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Warwick Davis on Life's Too Short
" Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor. " Bill Shankly

kevinho Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,696 posts | 78 
  • YNWA
Reply #63 : December 14, 2011, 09:42:45 PM »
That was hilarious! Liam Neeson is the man.

Diego LFC Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,580 posts | 387 
  • Sempre Liverpool
Reply #64 : December 16, 2011, 07:02:16 PM »
Earlier today I bought the complete series of Prison Break, plus the movie. 23 DVDs in total, just R$ 100 (around £34.63). Gave myself a little Christmas present

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 14,090 posts | 294 
Reply #65 : December 16, 2011, 07:09:19 PM »
Last night's Life's Too Short was very good again. Loved the scene where he throws out the brand new washing machine.

I think his assistant is the funniest in the show.

This Is England 88 looked good after the first episode but I have missed the rest so far.

I persevered with The Walking Dead and enjoyed the mid season finale but the show really needs to develop more pace in the new year. Much too slow and monotonous this season.

Diego LFC Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,580 posts | 387 
  • Sempre Liverpool
Reply #66 : December 20, 2011, 12:41:43 PM »
Earlier today I bought the complete series of Prison Break, plus the movie. 23 DVDs in total, just R$ 100 (around £34.63). Gave myself a little Christmas present

I'm re-watching the 1st series in the last few days, and man, that was an amazing series. Absolutely loved it.

little-Luis:) Offline

• 7,729 posts | 168 
  • I Just Can't Get Enough
Reply #67 : January 18, 2012, 04:00:51 PM »
Anyone else watching New Girl?

Paisleydalglish Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 7,451 posts | 508 
Reply #68 : January 18, 2012, 09:16:02 PM »
Has anyone been watching the latest series of Fringe? And any idea when it's coming back on?

Magillionare Offline
  • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.

• 9,157 posts | 220 
  • Liked Lucas before it was cool
Reply #69 : January 18, 2012, 11:31:23 PM »
Started watching Entourage. So very very good!

higgy_sham Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,846 posts | 54 
Reply #70 : January 18, 2012, 11:58:42 PM »

Unreal mate. Watched the first 4 seasons within about a week and a half a few years ago, then the fella I was getting them off couldn't make them anymore.

Must get back to watching it again.

• 7,729 posts | 168 
Reply #71 : January 19, 2012, 12:09:44 AM »

Very very good! Watched the first few series a few years back when I started college then stopped as they were no new ones left, should really get back into it!! :)

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 10,972 posts | 417 
Reply #72 : January 19, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »
Entourage is awesome. Managed to get hold of a dodgy box set of series 1-6 a while back and watched the whole lot within about 3 weeks. Love it.

No but considering it stars Zooey Deschanel, I really should!

• 7,729 posts | 168 
Reply #73 : January 19, 2012, 12:08:45 PM »
Entourage is awesome.

Managed to get hold of a dodgy box set of series 1-6 a while back and watched the whole lot within about 3 weeks. Love it.
No but considering it stars Zooey Deschanel, I really should!

I'm actually gonna re-start Entourage now again! Final year Uni, gotta do something productive ;D

New Girl is funny enough, fell in love with her already, after only a few episodes! :)

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 10,972 posts | 417 
Reply #74 : January 19, 2012, 12:49:07 PM »

Your opinion means nothing to me anymore.

2 words...

One    Direction.

• 7,729 posts | 168 
Reply #75 : January 19, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »
Your opinion means nothing to me anymore.

2 words...

One    Direction.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In my defence, I held out for a long time, but hanging out with girls the whole time has forced them on me! Don't tell me your not jealous of all the 18 year olds they're bangin! ;D

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 10,972 posts | 417 
Reply #76 : January 19, 2012, 12:55:36 PM »
Don't tell me your not jealous of all the 18 year olds they're bangin!
Of course but then so is Justin Bieber! That's really no excuse.

• 7,729 posts | 168 
Reply #77 : January 19, 2012, 01:03:34 PM »
Of course but then so is Justin Bieber! That's really no excuse.

he has the best one to be fair, love Selena Gomez! Don't worry tho, can't stand him! Anyways, what better way to start a convo with girls that with something that they love!

Diego LFC Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,580 posts | 387 
  • Sempre Liverpool
Reply #78 : January 19, 2012, 01:59:58 PM »
Anyone else looking forward to watching Alcatraz?

mattmcg Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,358 posts | 80 
Reply #79 : January 19, 2012, 11:00:10 PM »
Anyone else looking forward to watching Alcatraz?

Just about to watch the pilot now.  Heard some rather mixed reviews about it but I'll reserve judgement til I watch it.  Although with JJ Abrams name attached, a Michael Giacchino score and Hurley in it, it can't be too bad, right. ;)

Finally got caught up on Sherlock too.  Really love that show even though I am not a fan of Sherlock Holmes stories at all.

kevinho Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,696 posts | 78 
  • YNWA
Reply #80 : January 19, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »
Anyone have any good places to, ahem, "watch" shows for free? I'm after season 4 of "Sons of Anarchy", which I'm sure won't be on Netflix until after the world ends.

mattmcg Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,358 posts | 80 
Reply #81 : January 19, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »
Anyone have any good places to, ahem, "watch" shows for free? I'm after season 4 of "Sons of Anarchy", which I'm sure won't be on Netflix until after the world ends.

I did mate but Megaupload being shut down today has royally fu**ed me over and ruled Icefilms as obsolete!!  :(

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 14,090 posts | 294 
Reply #82 : January 19, 2012, 11:14:22 PM »

Try this Kev.

It's a bit hit and miss most series are on here.

http://watchseries.eu/letters/A

Arab Scouse Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,139 posts | 24 
Reply #83 : January 27, 2012, 07:48:12 PM »
Anyone caught up with Spartacus: Vengeance? I just watched the first episode and I think this season is going to be great!
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don’t need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool’s players keeps them motivated.”

mattmcg Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,358 posts | 80 
Reply #84 : January 27, 2012, 08:03:52 PM »
Anyone caught up with Spartacus: Vengeance? I just watched the first episode and I think this season is going to be great!

Amazing, absolutely amazing!!

I didn't think any episode could top 'Kill Them All' but that first episode was incredibly good.  And the new guy stepped into Andy Whitfield's shoes perfectly.  I think he would have been proud.  RIP Andy.

Crixus and Spartacus working together is what I have been waiting my whole life for. ;)

Roddenberry Online
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,699 posts | 490 
Reply #85 : January 31, 2012, 12:52:26 AM »
Just watched the first few episodes, for the first time, of The Sopranos. 

Very good so far.
POETRY

FATKOPITE10 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,389 posts | 52 
Reply #86 : January 31, 2012, 10:39:34 AM »
It's great to have it back. Totally over the top, its totally tit-tastic.

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 14,090 posts | 294 
Reply #87 : January 31, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
Just watched the first few episodes, for the first time, of The Sopranos. 

Very good so far.

My all time favourite TV show rodders.

You will love it and after a while you will find yourself sucked into the Sopranos world.

Dave70 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,531 posts | 76 
Reply #88 : January 31, 2012, 01:50:10 PM »
Talking about older series, has anyone ever watched Twin Peaks, by David Lynch?
Just got onto this thread.

So Diego, did you get round to watching Twin Peaks at all? Just interested as to what you thought of it. As it's not everyones cup of tea

Used to watch it religiously myself years ago when it was first on TV here. Very weird but, brilliant show I thought. Wouldn't mind watching it all again tbh.

Does anyone know what's happening with regards to Breaking Bad continuing to be televised in the UK? Have heard different things myself. One was that FX had decided to not buy the rights to the new episodes, another was that another broadcaster (possibly sky, though I'm not sure if it was them) had bought the rights for them and another is that the new episodes won't be shown in the UK but, all seems to have gone very quiet on all fronts for a little while now. I really got into that show and am missing it. Missed a few episodes of the last season to due to work and me forgetting to record it.

HUYTON RED Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,316 posts | 718 
Reply #89 : February 10, 2012, 04:10:18 AM »
Medical drama House to end, says Hugh Laurie

US medical drama House is to finish its eight-year run at the end of this series in April, it has been announced.

The show's producers, including British star Hugh Laurie, said it was a "painful" decision but that the time had come to bring it to a close.

Laurie plays Gregory House, the brilliant but troubled doctor with an unconventional bedside manner.

It has won nearly 40 awards since it began, including two Emmys and two Golden Globes.

House has won the favourite TV drama prize at the People's Choice Awards for the past four years.

The show also stars Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard and Charlyne Yi.

In a statement, 52-year-old Laurie and fellow producers David Shore and Katie Jacobs said: "We have always imagined House as an enigmatic creature; he should never be the last one to leave the party.

"How much better to disappear before the music stops, while there is still some promise and mystique in the air."

House is shown on Sky1 in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16959698
  No Pyro No Party