Author Topic: The "Holy sh*t, I can't wait to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'" Discussion Thread  (Read 4772 times)

kevinho Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,697 posts | 78 
  • YNWA
The Dark Knight Rises Official Trailer [HD]

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Trailer #2 -- Official

Will Nolan kill Batman? Or will Bane break his back? What will Catwoman's role be? Will Batman's voice become even more ridiculous?

I think my favorite theory is that Bruce Wayne will be killed, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character, John Blake, will become the new Batman. Gotham will have no clue the original Batman has died.

F**k me in the beard, I can't wait.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
  • Players come and go, Liverpool remains
Dances like a child in a sweet shop.
I can not wait for this.
It will be hard to match Dark Knight but damn I want to see Nolan's effort.
Poster is enough to get my mind working overtime.

Roddenberry Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,042 posts | 519 
I'll dance with the devil in the pale moonlight to get a chance to see this.  :P
POETRY

kevinho Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,697 posts | 78 
  • YNWA
I'll dance with the devil in the pale moonlight to get a chance to see this.  :P

It's not who wants to see the movie, but what they DO to see it that defines them!

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Jesus lads...
Why so serious?

Roddenberry Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,042 posts | 519 
I'll be upset if there's not at least a hint of shark repellant.

1960s Batman - The Shark
POETRY

Magillionare Offline
  • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
  • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 221 
  • Liked Lucas before it was cool
"When Gotham is in ashes... You have my permission to die"

SNAP!

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Heath Ledger - Incredible Acting

Will they be able to top this?
Doubt it.
No doubt I'll love it anyway.

AlwaysTheKop Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 2,174 posts | 29 
Meh.

Never let the child inside die.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Meh somewhere else cretin.

kevinho Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,697 posts | 78 
  • YNWA
Will they be able to top this?
Doubt it.
No doubt I'll love it anyway.

I doubt anyone will ever top that villainous performance. But Tom Hardy is no slouch either. Same with Anne Hathaway. If Nolan at least matches The Dark Knight, he's done very, very well.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,002 posts | 304 
Tom hardy is the dogs bollocks of an actor,i love his work.

This movie by the looks of the sneak trailers is going to be massive and i have a feeling it will top the dark knight.

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 15,408 posts | 351 
Like you lads I cannot wait for this and can't believe it is still around six months away.

Every little poster, teaser, trailer and even news on the film just whets the appetite a bit more.

mattmcg Offline
  • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,358 posts | 80 
I don't think it will top The Dark Knight but you just know with Christopher Nolan, that he is going to blow you away.  I'm hoping to not read about or see any more trailers for this til the film comes out.  Tom Hardy as Bane was perfect casting though.

Been a good day for trailers.  Just seen the trailer for The Hobbit today too...think it just about edges it over The Dark Knight Rises. ;)

kevinho Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,697 posts | 78 
  • YNWA
Looking up theories all over the web like it's my job.

Diego LFC Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,045 posts | 414 
  • Sempre Liverpool
I was never a big fan of super heroes stuff but I also can't wait for that movie. I'm sure it'll be enjoyable at least. If it's anything near as good as the Dark Knight, it'll be epic.

HUYTON RED Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,938 posts | 781 

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
I was never a big fan of super heroes stuff but I also can't wait for that movie. I'm sure it'll be enjoyable at least. If it's anything near as good as the Dark Knight, it'll be epic.
Technically he's not a superhero.
He's just a rich vigilante. ;D

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,002 posts | 304 
Never Rub Another Man's Rhubarb

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,002 posts | 304 
Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight.

I ask that all of my prey, i just like the sound of it! bang.

kevinho Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,697 posts | 78 
  • YNWA
Nicholson was a pretty damn good Joker. I just can't stand Tim Burton at all.

bigvYNWA Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 16,015 posts | 381 
F**k I can't wait for this film. Even if they don't quite reach Dark Knight heights (mainly because of the incredible performance by Heath), it'll still be epic.

I think they will kill of Bale's Batman as well.

little-Luis:) Offline

• 7,749 posts | 170 
  • I Just Can't Get Enough
Brilliant trilogy, one of my favourites.

Cannot wait for this. :)

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
  • In [insert manager] I Trust!
Tom Hardy had been one of my favourite actors since I saw him in Martina Cole's mini series 'The Take'. Since then he's gone up and up, starring in Bronson, playing one of the leads in Inception and starring in Warrior. He deserves this role and I have no doubt he will be excellent as Bane.

"If you can't support us when we draw or lose, don't support us when we win"

HUYTON RED Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,938 posts | 781 
Tom Hardy had been one of my favourite actors since I saw him in Martina Cole's mini series 'The Take'. Since then he's gone up and up, starring in Bronson, playing one of the leads in Inception and starring in Warrior. He deserves this role and I have no doubt he will be excellent as Bane.

Remember seeing him in that, what I didn't know was he was also in Band Of Brothers and Black Hawk Down!

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
Remember seeing him in that, what I didn't know was he was also in Band Of Brothers and Black Hawk Down!
Yeah, once I was aware of him, I started to spot him in all sorts of films.

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 15,408 posts | 351 
Tom Hardy had been one of my favourite actors since I saw him in Martina Cole's mini series 'The Take'.

Same here Rep. He was fantastic as Freddie Jackson and really portrayed the character I imagined when reading the book.

Excellent actor and really looking forward to his Bane.

Ally-LFC Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
I've been looking forward to this for ages now! Can't describe my excitement for it!

Christopher Nolan hasn't made a bad film.
If it's anywhere near as good as The Dark Knight I'll be very pleased.

YANK_LFC_FAN Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,600 posts | 165 
I think the title of the movie is a big clue..Its not the "Rise" of Batman but a new "Knight".

I think well see the "Knightfall and the Breaking the Bat" Storyline, then it will go Levitt's character picking up as "Nightwing". Nightwing took over as the Knight of Gotham when Batman "Died"

Ally-LFC Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
I think the title of the movie is a big clue..Its not the "Rise" of Batman but a new "Knight".

I think well see the "Knightfall and the Breaking the Bat" Storyline, then it will go Levitt's character picking up as "Nightwing". Nightwing took over as the Knight of Gotham when Batman "Died"

I feel like a moron for not working that out sooner haha!

And I agree that what you've said about Nightwing sounds very plausible. JGL's character will have a huge role in it. I think he's my favourite actor at the minute.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Dark Knight Rises
Reply #31 : January 16, 2012, 07:25:50 AM »
Saw those storylines mentioned on a few blogs. Would be fantastic if Nolan finished with them. I'm loving how he saved Batman after the sh*t that was Batman and Robin. True to the comics like no other. Must stay away from the sneak preview stuff.

Ally-LFC Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
Saw those storylines mentioned on a few blogs. Would be fantastic if Nolan finished with them. I'm loving how he saved Batman after the sh*t that was Batman and Robin. True to the comics like no other. Must stay away from the sneak preview stuff.

Yeah, I've watched the first 6 minutes online, very poor quality video though, so it's hardly worth it.

bigvYNWA Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 16,015 posts | 381 
SO. FUCKING. EXCITE.

kevinho Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,697 posts | 78 
  • YNWA
Love cracked.com for its humor, but this is an awesome post/article there.

Advanced Batman Theory: Why Nolan Will Kill Bruce Wayne

In a few weeks, we will all get to see a six minute prologue of the much-anticipated The Dark Knight Rises, which will be attached to the less-anticipated Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Several months after that, we will get to see the final installment in Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy. However, I can already tell you what will (or should) happen in the film ...

SPOILER AND OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE ALERT: Batman goddamn dies.

Of course, that probably won't be the only thing that happens, but it will be what everyone is trying to not talk about in front of people who haven't seen it yet. As an expert in Advanced Batman Theory (and with a cursory knowledge of Quantum Batman Theory), I can tell you without seeing a single minute of the movie that this is how it has to go down. Nolan has said time and time again that he will not return to the Batman franchise. He is telling his own Batman story and when Rises hits theaters, that's the end of it. Christian Bale has made similar claims. But that's only a small fraction of why I think -- nay, why I know -- that the Dark Knight must die. Here's why ...

The Prestige: The Pledge

Before we start, it's important that you know two things: 1) I might be insane, and 2) I really hope Christopher Nolan is a genius. Here is proof of both.

After making Batman Begins (part 1 in The Dark Knight Trilogy), Nolan made The Prestige, a film about magicians and David Bowie. In it, Nolan gave us the three steps to performing an illusion: The Pledge, The Turn and The Prestige. The Pledge is the setup. It presents to you something ordinary that is most likely not ordinary at all. The Turn takes that ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Something unexpected. And then there's The Prestige, which basically just blows your f**king mind. It takes the unexpected something from The Turn and turns it on its head, making you believe in magic.

What I'm getting at, and what I suspect about Nolan, is that he is currently on the tail end of finishing two separate trilogies. When he was done with part one of the Dark Knight Trilogy, he made part one of his other trilogy, which was The Prestige. I will call this his Prestige Trilogy, because that was the movie in which he told us exactly what he was going to do to us. In The Prestige, Nolan told us all about The Pledge, Turn and Prestige. We saw journals within journals and stories within stories. In Inception, Nolan gave us The Turn: He took that ordinary idea of stories within stories, and he turned it on its head and made it something extraordinary. Whatever film Nolan makes after The Dark Knight Rises will be The Prestige of that trilogy. Inception was The Turn and The Prestige was The Pledge.
So what does this have to do with Batman? Well, first, I just want to be clear about the kind of storyteller I think we're dealing with: the insane and awesome kind. But it also establishes a pattern. Christopher Nolan tells us what he's going to do to us years before he makes the movie that actually does it. And Nolan has already told us in his previous Batman movies what he's going to do to us with the third. We just need to connect the dots. With Batmath.

Two-Face(s): The Turn(s)

The love interest in the first two films was Rachel Dawes and she's (spoiler alert) f**king dead now. Rachel (Katie Holmes/Maggie Gyllenhaal) was the last connection Bruce had to his former self, before his parents died, before The Batman (BTB). She told him as much at the end of Begins:

"No, *this* is your mask. Your real face is the one that criminals now fear. The man I loved -- the man who vanished -- he never came back at all [from BTB]. But maybe he's still out there, somewhere. Maybe some day, when Gotham no longer needs Batman, I'll see him again."

And she saw him again, briefly, in Dark Knight. She was right, kind of. Except then she (SPOILER ALERT) f**king died, and the last bit of the Bruce she remembered died with her. Now let's Turn the faces, or flip the coin, or at least look at this picture again.

On the other side of the faces we have Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), the White Knight of Gotham. The White Knight that The Joker (AND KIND OF BATMAN A LITTLE) eventually turned into Two-Face (Aaron Eckhart). Oh and then? He f**king died. Rachel and Harvey, sittin' in a tree, b-e-i-n-g d-e-a-d. Their deaths were huge turns for a Batman Trilogy to take. Aside from some Robins every now and then, nobody dies. This meant that anyone could die. The Batman, in all his glorious Batmannery, couldn't save the good guy OR his love interest. Batman may have proven The Joker wrong with the two bombed boats at the end of Dark Knight, but Joker proved Bruce Wayne wrong with Two-Face and Rachel. See, that's the joke.

Ha.

With each death, a piece of Bruce died, and a piece of Nolan's Batman Prestige was being placed. By the end of The Dark Knight, Bruce is metaphorically pretty f**king dead already. Alfred keeps him hanging on a bit with his "so we can pick ourselves back up" talk, but he knows he's not saying it to Bruce anymore. He's saying it to The Goddamn Batman. A Batman that now only has one goal: Hardcore Batmannery. In terms of story within a Batman Trilogy, that's ... well, that's close to the end of the line. All that's left is a bunch of episodes of Batman being Batman, fighting villains as Batman. But that's not what Nolan's in for. He's making a Trilogy. This is the end of the line. So who do we turn to but ...

Bane: The Bat Breaker

If you're a fan of the comic book, you know that Bane is most famous for breaking Batman's back. If you're a fan of the other Batman movies, then you think he's most famous for having neon blood.

But mostly he's known for breaking the Batman's back. It's the one thing you do when Bane's involved, unless you want to be Bruce Lame about it. But ALSO unless you're Christopher Nolan, because Nolan isn't about recreating moments from Batman comics. He's about reinventing ideas from Batman comics. He's about creating his Batman. And in his Batman, things are grittier. The stakes are higher. Things break harder.

Bruce The Batman can be broken until he's dead because Nolan's Batverse is real, or at least it's the realist. Aside from the fact that there are Batmen, Nolan tries really hard to keep his Batverse within the realm of possibility. And death, as he has shown us already, is very possible. Don't feel bad for Bruce, though, because if you turn to page 2 you'll know that above all else, Nolan's Batman is ...

Batman: The Symbol

"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and I can't do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man I'm flesh and blood. I can be ignored. I can be destroyed. But as a symbol ... as a symbol I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting." -- Bruce Wayne, duh.

Batman can survive Nolan's version of Gotham City, because Batmanhas to survive Gotham City. But Bruce Wayne can't, doesn't and won't survive it. Bruce Wayne is just flesh and blood. He can and will be destroyed, because Nolan isn't telling a bunch of Batman and Bruce Wayne stories. Nolan is telling the Batman and Bruce Wayne story. In short:

"Bruce Wayne creates a symbol of fear and justice, Batman; Bruce Wayne becomes Batman; Batman just Batmans the f**k out of Gotham City; Batman becomes more of an ideal/symbol than a bat/man; Bruce Wayne dies; Batman lives on as others don the cowl." -- Me, hi!

That's the story we've been watching in this trilogy. Nolan has even recently said, "It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story ... Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after The Dark Knight."

No, that's not surprising at all. Eight years is enough time for Batman to solidify his place in Gotham as The Goddamn Batman. Eight years is enough time for Bruce Wayne to solidify Batman as the Legend of the Dark Knight we know. If I can briefly quote The Sandlot (I can and am about to): "Heroes get remembered; legends never die." This Hero's Journey may end with the death of Bruce Wayne, but the Legend doesn't stop after that. When the Dark Knight falls, the Dark Knight must also rise ...

The Dark Knight Rises: The Prestige

It could be argued that if -- I mean when -- Bruce Wayne dies, he will just come back thanks to a Lazarus Pit, which you may know from the Batman comics. Used by Ra's Al Ghul (Liam Neeson in Begins), a Lazarus Pit can breathe new life into the dead. However, aside from there being no indication of their existence in either films, the mere idea of them is far too magical for the world Nolan has constructed. And the film is called The Dark Knight Rises, not The Dark Knight Rises Just Like Jesus With Magic Because We Don't Get Enough Jesus Imagery In Films But Seriously Magic Sounds Great And As We All Know, Christopher Nolan Is Terrible At Movies. Catchy title, sure, but not likely.

Alfred (Michael Caine) often talks to "Master Wayne" about how "we fall... [for the sole purpose of picking]... ourselves back up." Like, he says it a lot. And it rings even truer when Alfred is no longer talking to a man, but a symbol. Bruce Wayne sacrifices himself and The Dark Knight picks itself back up. But who will rise as the Dark Knight? Someone has to, because even though this Batman Universe is over, it can't just have Bruce die and then a title card that says "Then everyone was bummed forever. The end." Nolan has said that he will never include Robin in his Batman films. Robin, after all, isn't necessary for the Dark Knight Legend. But if there's no Robin, who will put on the cowl? He's brought us this far, there's got to be someone who's up for the job, and it had better not be some 12-year-old acrobat or some Chris O'Donnell-aged acrobat. Oh, here he is.

This officer's name is John Blake, and not much is known about him. He's "a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon". He's played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He's a brand new character in the Batman Universe, created by Nolan for this film. Except that John Blake has actually shown up, just once, in a single page of a Batman coloring book:

It's already been pointed out that Nolan potentially incepted the idea for Inception from an old Donald Duck comic. It appears that once again he is a sneaky b***ard. No, the kid's parents didn't die, but that's not a requirement for Batmannery; it's just the origin of it. Here we have a beat cop named John Blake. He's tough, he has a heart of gold and he's committed to justice. He's tight with Commissioner Gordon, who had a close relationship with the currently-dead Batman. And Gotham still needs someone to its Batmanning. The Prestige ends here, but the legend of the Dark Knight has just begun to rise.

Or Bruce will come back from the dead thanks to a magical Lazarus Pit because a Prestige is supposed to make you believe in magic so I guess the best way to accomplish that is to basically say "Yup, magic."

Maybe that's the joke.

Ha.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/advanced-batman-theory-why-nolan-will-kill-bruce-wayne/

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
I love that article! haha

But who will rise as the Dark Knight? Someone has to, because even though this Batman Universe is over, it can't just have Bruce die and then a title card that says "Then everyone was bummed forever. The end."
:lmao:

kevinho Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,697 posts | 78 
  • YNWA
I love that article! haha

But who will rise as the Dark Knight? Someone has to, because even though this Batman Universe is over, it can't just have Bruce die and then a title card that says "Then everyone was bummed forever. The end."
:lmao:

I highly recommend Cracked.com. Absolutely hilarious web site.

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
I highly recommend Cracked.com. Absolutely hilarious web site.

I know it mate, they do a lot of 'Top 10' kind of lists that have me in tears of laughter sometimes.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Zack Hemsey - "The Way (Instrumental)"

Think this music would be perfect for a breaking the bat video.

Instead here's lego:
The Dark Knight Rises Trailer 2: IN LEGO

kevinho Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,697 posts | 78 
  • YNWA
Got my tickets to see it in IMAX. First time seeing any movie in that format.

Diego LFC Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,045 posts | 414 
  • Sempre Liverpool
Holy sh*t, I can't wait to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'!

Roddenberry Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,042 posts | 519 
I hope the Dark Knight Rises better than my souffle.
POETRY

MsGerrard Offline
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 28,659 posts | 865 
  • The Reds are coming up the hill boys !!!
I hope the Dark Knight Rises better than my souffle.

:laugh: Did it fall a bit flat Rodders  :f_whistle:

Bl00D Offline
  • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts |
Possible Spoiler alert!
Maybe ;)

Iam hoping they go the way in the comics were batman has his back broken by bane, and obviously cant go flying around gotham giving what for the baddies, and a guy, well I think he's a "guy" called Azrail (sp) come in to cover, Not sure if nightwing gets involved at this point too, it was a long time ago I read it, but from what I remember Azrail was kinds like Batman, but where as Bats wouldnt, or tried his best not to, kill anyone, Azrail kinda enjoyed doing it....not too sure though, will have to dig in the shed to see if I still got em.
But anyways I really cant wait to see this film :D

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,002 posts | 304 
Epic

The Dark Knight Rises - Exclusive Nokia Trailer Debut [HD]

StevieG123 Offline

• 9,676 posts | 64 
10 days to go, can not wait!
‘When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along.’- Bill Shankly

Ally-LFC Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
9 days until this is out! I've been waiting for this for ages now!!

Booked Premiere IMAX tickets in Liverpool One to go see it on the 26th, so I'll have to wait a little bit longer but I don't mind really! 

It's going to be absolutely epic.

bigvYNWA Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 16,015 posts | 381 
TV Spots really heating up now. I can't wait.

Bpatel Offline
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 9,908 posts | 157 
Had dreams about this 2 nights in a row, thought i could make it a hat-trick but no, it wasn't to be. Then dreamt about it again the next night. ;D

Can you tell i'm itching to see it? :D

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
So this is it folks.
We're approaching the final chapter of one of the greatest trilogies Of. All. Time.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/171847-9-thing-you-may-not-know-about-the-dark-knight-series

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:36:27 AM by racerx34 »

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
The Dark Knight Rises Ultimate Trilogy Trailer - Christopher Nolan Batman Movie Legacy HD

Tickets booked.
Bring on the weekend.

Wall Offline
  • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
  • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
I can't bloody wait. Got tickets booked for tomorrow night and I went to the cinema on Tuesday to watch Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back to back. As a warm up.

The Kopite91 Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,096 posts | 83 
  • Irish Blood, Scouse Heart.
It's probably going to be next week before I can see it... Gutted.

15th April 1989 Never Forget

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
I'll probably watch this on Cheap Day Tuesday next week.

I'll be watching this thread to see what people think of it so PLEASE don't post spoilers or at least add SPOILER ALERT to the very start of your posts so I can skip them  ;)

Ally-LFC Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
I'll probably watch this on Cheap Day Tuesday next week.

I'll be watching this thread to see what people think of it so PLEASE don't post spoilers or at least add SPOILER ALERT to the very start of your posts so I can skip them  ;)

I agree, Ive booked to watch it on the 26th so if anyone spoils it for me before then I will be very unhappy.

This picture pretty much sums it up:

A thread for discussion AFTER viewing would be a good idea. And make sure it has spoiler in capital Letters written everywhere!

artaylor Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 4,006 posts | 66 
No spoilers here, but my mate who's seen it (and is a big film watcher) says he's disappointed as it's just not as cool and slick as The Dark Knight, and the story isn't as good. Lack of the Joker stealing the show perhaps? Apparently you still can't hear Bane properly sometimes either.

Just dampening some expectations :D

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Heard two reviews yesterday.
Get the feeling that a lot of reviewers are trying to get a reaction or kudos from their "feeling" that this is not as good.
A few points:

1) Joker. As a main villain may never, for me, be beaten. That was as good as it gets for me.
    As good as Bane will be he won't match the Joker.

2) Anna Hathaway will not equal Michelle Pfeiffer, for me, as Catwoman.

3) Due to the success of The Dark Knight we have all done our homework on this.
    Comic-book back-stories. Character possibilities and development.
    To suggest then that the TDKR offered nothing new is for me a snide comment from
    observers. The hype around this movie has been monstrous. Everyone has a good
    idea what to expect and to feign disappointment when this happens is disingenuous.

One of the greatest trilogies of all time is coming to a conclusion.
I for one will enjoy it.

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
Apparently you still can't hear Bane properly sometimes either.

That's what I heard on the radio yesterday. They said it was really difficult to understand Bane because of the mask and, at times, Batmans (ridiculous) gruff voice was also difficult to understand.

jindaldhruv Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,723 posts | 17 
  • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
Watched it today, first day first show.   ;D

A few points:

1) Don't compare it to The Dark Knight and certainly don't compare Bane to The Joker. Its just unfair. Enjoy the movie for what it is.

2) In reply to artaylor's post, I didn't find it difficult hearing Bane, seemed ok to me.

I enjoyed the movie, was a very good watch.

One of the best trilogies of all time.

Look out for Nolan's Superman movie next year.  :f_whistle:

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
1) Don't compare it to The Dark Knight

I've just this munute seen a mate's review on Facebook and he reckons it's better than The Dark Night.

jindaldhruv Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,723 posts | 17 
  • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
I've just this munute seen a mate's review on Facebook and he reckons it's better than The Dark Night.

Personal opinions. I don't think so.

The Joker being the difference maybe. :-)

Actually what I had meant is, lots of people are going into the movie, expecting it to be some sort of grand follow-up to a great movie (Dark Knight) and that just ruins it a bit, those high expectations. Enjoy it for what it is and you'll love it.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,002 posts | 304 
Going Monday morning to watch this, will be looking for any subliminal messages of the Justice League.

As for comparing Dark Knight & Dark Knight Rises its unfair on the final installment, you have to separate both to appreciate what takes place and I have no doubt in my mind if Heath Ledger was still with us there would have been another film to follow DKR.

Roddenberry Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 12,042 posts | 519 

I'm still of the opinion that Batman Begins is better than The Dark Knight.  Sorted my ticket for the weekend.

Heard two reviews yesterday.
Get the feeling that a lot of reviewers are trying to get a reaction or kudos from their "feeling" that this is not as good.
A few points:

1) Joker. As a main villain may never, for me, be beaten. That was as good as it gets for me.
    As good as Bane will be he won't match the Joker.

2) Anna Hathaway will not equal Michelle Pfeiffer, for me, as Catwoman.

3) Due to the success of The Dark Knight we have all done our homework on this.
    Comic-book back-stories. Character possibilities and development.
    To suggest then that the TDKR offered nothing new is for me a snide comment from
    observers. The hype around this movie has been monstrous. Everyone has a good
    idea what to expect and to feign disappointment when this happens is disingenuous.

One of the greatest trilogies of all time is coming to a conclusion.
I for one will enjoy it.

1) Thought Cillian Murphy didn't get the credit he deserved for his performance as The Scarecrow, matched Ledger's joker for me.

2) Michelle Pfeiffer is no Lee Merriwether or Julie Newmar. 

Though I like Morgan Freeman's view on Hathaway. ;)

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/video/omg-25343958/morgan-freeman-on-seeing-anne-hathaway-in-pvc-30027794.html

3) Expecting a good film, so I'll only be disappointed if it isn't.
POETRY

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,002 posts | 304 
Was supposed to be going Monday but could not wait & boy the movie don't disappoint.

Loved it.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Saw it tonight.

Don't expect another Dark Knight.
It's not a psychological piece, it's an epic "Hollywood" piece.
Look past a few loose plot lines.
Don't drink too much, we were in the theatre over three hours.

Oh and I was wrong about Catwoman.
Holy Catsuit!!!

Fantastic finish

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 15,408 posts | 351 
Saw it tonight.

Don't expect another Dark Knight.
It's not a psychological piece, it's an epic "Hollywood" piece.
Look past a few loose plot lines.
Don't drink too much, we were in the theatre over three hours.

Oh and I was wrong about Catwoman.
Holy Catsuit!!!

Fantastic finish

Going on Wednesday and just watched The Dark Night again tonight to set the mood.

I'm not expecting it to better TDK but is it the best film you've seen this year Racer?

That's how I'm setting it up.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Going on Wednesday and just watched The Dark Night again tonight to set the mood.

I'm not expecting it to better TDK but is it the best film you've seen this year Racer?

That's how I'm setting it up.

By a long way.

Knew Nolan wouldnt disappoint.
:)

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 15,408 posts | 351 
By a long way.

Knew Nolan wouldnt disappoint.
:)

All I needed to hear.

As you know I'm a massive Nolan fan like yourself but I'm glad he has stopped the Batman films now as the hype was beginning to get too much and overshadow the actual films.

I'll watch this and enjoy the close to his trilogy and then wait patiently for his next move.

Dadorious Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 6,289 posts | 155 
  • "Death by football"
Watched it yesterday dont really see what the hype is all about I guess you needed to be a Batman fanatic to really appreciate it something that I am not. It was a bit eerie to watch at times buildings being blown up policemen trapped underground and masses of concrete that particular bit had me thinking of 9/11 and I am sure the families of all the perished fireman would have had a hard time watching that. It goes for a long time too went in for a 5:10 session got out of the theatre at 8 on the dot.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 

chats Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 15,841 posts | 147 
Watched it last night.

Great film no doubt, but I still came out feeling a tad disappointed.

kb2x Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 215 
  • #WeComeNotToPlay
WHAT A FILM - gutted with the ending, but immense none the less

Wall Offline
  • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
  • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
Watched it last night.

Great film no doubt, but I still came out feeling a tad disappointed.

I felt exactly the same way mate. Ending was emotional though.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
WHAT A FILM - gutted with the ending, but immense none the less

There are a couple of things that annoyed me about the ending.
Happier with it thinking back today, but at the end of the film they left me wondering what if...

kevinho Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,697 posts | 78 
  • YNWA
We need a spoilers thread. That movie was the cat's pajamas.

IMAX was like a 3 hour orgasm.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,002 posts | 304 
Ending opens the door for so much on the franchise.

Can't wait to see Man of Steel and I've heard they have a justice league lined up too.

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 15,408 posts | 351 
Finally off to see this tomorrow.

I haven't been to the cinema in a while so went all out and booked VIP seats so will enjoy the ending to this trilogy in peace and comfort.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Finally off to see this tomorrow.

I haven't been to the cinema in a while so went all out and booked VIP seats so will enjoy the ending to this trilogy in peace and comfort.

I did say there are some massive plot holes, didn't I?

I still loved it. There are a few parts that seem like scenes have been cut out, but for the bits I wanted to be corrected to work you'd be looking at a 4 hour movie.

Edit:

Just checked back and I didn't.
There are some massive plot holes in this movie.
That said it's still awesome.

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 15,408 posts | 351 
I did say there are some massive plot holes, didn't I?

I still loved it. There are a few parts that seem like scenes have been cut out, but for the bits I wanted to be corrected to work you'd be looking at a 4 hour movie.

Edit:

Just checked back and I didn't.
There are some massive plot holes in this movie.
That said it's still awesome.

I did read you mentioning plot holes somewhere on the forum racer, can't remember where.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
I did read you mentioning plot holes somewhere on the forum racer, can't remember where.

I probably shouldn't go on about them as it'll ruin it for others.
Some of the storyline is played fairly loose and avoid my facebook comments unless you want your movie ruined.
I thought most of the characters were excellent. I loved the movie and I'm willing to forgive it some pretty loose
storytelling.

I'm close to having to avoid talking to one of my mates about it as he hated it and is constantly now looking to
try and prove himself right in doing so. I loved it so he can f**k off.

He does have a point and you wont have to be a massive Batman fan to spot the parts that are ignored for the
sake of the greater good.

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 15,408 posts | 351 
I'm close to having to avoid talking to one of my mates about it as he hated it and is constantly now looking to
try and prove himself right in doing so. I loved it so he can f**k off.

I cant understand this as a guy I know said the other day he thought it was s**t.

But he is the typical, "I'm going to go against the grain just to be different" type so I took no notice.  He also thinks he knows a lot more about films than he actually does in my opinion.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
sounds the same.
Douche I think is what you call them.

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 15,408 posts | 351 
sounds the same.
Douche I think is what you call them.

Yep.

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
Just been in to the cinema to buy two tickets to this for 6pm today. Just got to hope the missus gets home from work on time now.

If I don't like it, racer's getting some abuse!

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Just been in to the cinema to buy two tickets to this for 6pm today. Just got to hope the missus gets home from work on time now.

If I don't like it, racer's getting some abuse!

Bring it!

StevieG123 Offline

• 9,676 posts | 64 
Going tomorrow, can't wait. Orange Wednesday's are always handy ;)
‘When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along.’- Bill Shankly

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
Going tomorrow, can't wait. Orange Wednesday's are always handy

They're always packed out at my cinema. If anyone has a Vue cinema near them, go in and ask about Cheap Day membership. It's free and you get a card to use for upto 10 tickets on a given day for any film at around 40% off. At our cinema it's Cheap Day Tuesday and they don't really advertise it so it's generally nice and quiet.

StevieG123 Offline

• 9,676 posts | 64 
They're always packed out at my cinema. If anyone has a Vue cinema near them, go in and ask about Cheap Day membership. It's free and you get a card to use for upto 10 tickets on a given day for any film at around 40% off. At our cinema it's Cheap Day Tuesday and they don't really advertise it so it's generally nice and quiet.

Gonna try and go to an early afternoon showing, hopefully won't be as busy as say an evening one.

• 7,749 posts | 170 
Had to skip a lot of posts there, just In case, as I'm only going to see it tonight. I'll get back to them then.

Will post spoilers later so >:D

StevieG123 Offline

• 9,676 posts | 64 
You b***ard :D

• 7,749 posts | 170 
I liked it, a lot. Without trying to spoil anything, did anyone else think the film overall was a bit rushed?

The Kopite91 Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 3,096 posts | 83 
  • Irish Blood, Scouse Heart.
Finally got to see it... and my god I thought it was brilliant. I've heard people saying it's not that great and I've heard people say it's amazing so I really didn't know what to expect. It's all personal opinion and my opinion is that it was fantastic, best movie this year by a long shot!

15th April 1989 Never Forget

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
I liked it, a lot. Without trying to spoil anything, did anyone else think the film overall was a bit rushed?

I enjoyed it but yeah, I felt the same. I think racer mentioned earlier in the thread that even though it's nearly 3 hours long, it could have done with being a bit longer to develop the storyline properly.
I'm not about to moan about a superhero film being unrealistic but there were a few silly bits in it.
I thought Bane was excellent (though I'm biased as a Tom Hardy fan) and I had no problem at all understanding him.

Diego LFC Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,045 posts | 414 
  • Sempre Liverpool
Bought tickets for Friday night. 23:59 session ;D

Can't wait!

StevieG123 Offline

• 9,676 posts | 64 
Saw it earlier, and loved it. Thought Hardy did a great job as Bane, not convinced on the end.

srslfc Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 15,408 posts | 351 
Just seen it today and thought it was fantastic.

As racer and a few others have mentioned it isn't a perfect film but it was a great ending to the trilogy in my opinion.

The one thing I wasn't sure about before the film was the casting of Anne Hathaway as Catwomen but I had no need to worry as I thought she was great, and not just because of the catsuit.

RedPuppy Offline
  • LFC Reds Staff
  • 12,574 posts | 339 
  • Parum Rutilus Canis

Know what you mean, but it was well over 2 hours long.

Really enjoyed it, I actually thought it was a "new" Batman, and not a follow on. Anne Hathaway, sorry, but well too skinny.

Now at the ending, what popped in to my head was...

You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

Anyone else? or am I just daft?

NAPM

finchie Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 1,466 posts | 134 
Just watched it; excellent I thought.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 

what-a-hit-son Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 6,609 posts | 415 
  • @MrPrice1979

Yes I thought it was rushed.

I'm even going to be a bit crazy here and say.......I was actually dissappointed with the film as a whole.

Hathaway was great, in more ways than one, overall the acting was pretty decent but I just didn't feel the storyline at all - some great scenes though.

Overall though, I was dissapointed yes.
"If there is one thing the history of this great club teaches us, it is that Liverpool FC is bigger than any individual." Brendan Rodgers, 11.07.2014

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
I do hope if when we see a reboot we get to see be best evil couple around.
Although the games covered it I was disappointed not to see it in movie form.

YANK_LFC_FAN Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,600 posts | 165 
Everyone just assumes that Nolan is done w/ the franchise, but I dont think so. In a way he incorporated the DC Batman Universe and his own retelling. I think that we will see another Nolan Batman but this time he will do it as an epilogue/future piece and he will base it on the "Dark Knight Returns" series by Frank Miller. It will show Batman at 55 and retired and he comes back because he needs to do it. He has a bit of a death wish and wants to go out as Batman.

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
It will show Batman at 55 and retired and he comes back because he needs to do it. He has a bit of a death wish and wants to go out as Batman.
I sincerely hope that doesn't happen, that sounds so unbelievably sh*t.

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
Everyone just assumes that Nolan is done w/ the franchise, but I dont think so. In a way he incorporated the DC Batman Universe and his own retelling. I think that we will see another Nolan Batman but this time he will do it as an epilogue/future piece and he will base it on the "Dark Knight Returns" series by Frank Miller. It will show Batman at 55 and retired and he comes back because he needs to do it. He has a bit of a death wish and wants to go out as Batman.

F**k that.

Holy actual sh*t comic batman.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,002 posts | 304 
Anyone else seen this Logo in the first 'I am Legend Movie'?

racerx34 Offline
  • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,415 posts | 820 
I can't see the attachment.
I presume it's this though.

Batman vs. Superman Billboard in I am Legend

You may have already heard about it — there is a scene early on in “I am Legend” (I’m still writing a review for it, by the way) early in the film where Will Smith is in a deserted Times Square, and as the camera slowly pans, there is a giant “Batman vs. Superman” poster/billboard staring right back at you. It looks like advertising for “Batman vs. Superman”, and since the world of “I am Legend” has remained unchanged since 2009, what are the filmmakers trying to tell us?

SuperHeroHype has some background on the billboard:

[I am Legend writer Akiva] Goldsman was once attached to a real Batman vs. Superman movie, but the script didn’t get the green light. He also wrote Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

In the movie, even though it is 2012, the virus hit in 2009, so Goldsman thought about which movies “could” possibly come to theaters in ’09.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/batman-vs-superman-billboard-in-i-am-legend/

Reprobate Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 11,033 posts | 432 
He also wrote Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

Not something to be proud of.

YANK_LFC_FAN Offline
  • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,600 posts | 165 
I sincerely hope that doesn't happen, that sounds so unbelievably sh*t.
Really. Did you read it? IGN and Wizard ranked It the #2 Batman arc ever. It's a classic. Its considered one of top Graphic Novels ever, even beating Sandman and Watchmen and was considered one of the top 50 fiction stories of all time even beating classic literature books.

Its him regretting his wasted life fighting crime and coming to terms with what he lost because of it.  Not only that this arc he finally kills Joker for good by crippling him and then Joker actually breaks his own neck by twisting his own head off!!! Literally. The government send Superman to kill Batman, but Batman and Green Arrow kill Superman with a Kryptonite Arrow, then Batmans dies shortly after killing Superman. Its f***in wild!!!

Dmasta Offline

• 8,965 posts | 219 
Really. Did you read it? IGN and Wizard ranked It the #2 Batman arc ever. It's a classic. Its considered one of top Graphic Novels ever, even beating Sandman and Watchmen and was considered one of the top 50 fiction stories of all time even beating classic literature books.

Its him regretting his wasted life fighting crime and coming to terms with what he lost because of it.  Not only that this arc he finally kills Joker for good by crippling him and then Joker actually breaks his own neck by twisting his own head off!!! Literally. The government send Superman to kill Batman, but Batman and Green Arrow kill Superman with a Kryptonite Arrow, then Batmans dies shortly after killing Superman. Its f***in wild!!!
I really wanna see that made.

Shabs Offline
  • Anfield Hero
  • 13,002 posts | 304 
EPIC Soundtrack.

The Dark Knight Soundtrack HD - Ending Scene