Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3052343 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #20056: Nov 12, 2014 11:17:11 pm
      No one would deny over his career Stevie has deserved a title.

But can you enlighten us with your wisdom as to who let him down last season?

Studs.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20057: Nov 12, 2014 11:17:37 pm
      No one would deny over his career Stevie has deserved a title.

But can you enlighten us with your wisdom as to who let him down last season?

Yes.  Without your sarcasm     .......

Management of a football club is comprehensive.

To end up with a worse defence and seven more goals shipped than the season before plus naive tactics meant that any 100 goal bonus fest from Studge Suarez and the rest was completely wasted.

BTW. This was before the millions were spent.

Now ? This is a worse start than Woy.

To answer your question :       Mr Rodgers. Current Manager. Liverpool Football Club.

Like you said yourself a couple of posts back.

Sturridge is the last throw of the dice for Brendan.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #20058: Nov 12, 2014 11:23:07 pm

To end up with a worse defence and seven more goals shipped than the season before plus naive tactics meant that any 100 goal bonus fest from Studge Suarez and the rest was completely wasted.

To answer your question :       Mr Rodgers. Current Manager. Liverpool Football Club.

I understand that but your original question in that somebody let him down in winning the title last season?

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20059: Nov 12, 2014 11:25:39 pm
      I understand that but your original question in that somebody let him down in winning the title last season?

Its something I feel very strongly about.
      The fact it was a special anniversary also for the club and to come that close ..........
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #20060: Nov 12, 2014 11:38:18 pm
      There's some elements that currently depress the f**k out of me as a red.. I'm all for criticism, I'm all for constructive criticism I should probably say.. Some of the childish snidey rubbish I'm currently reading is nothing but that.

You know what, good luck to you, if you think that what's put us apart from most of football fans in the world and certainly in this country us what you're currently doing then I'm sorry, you're wrong.. You are an embarrassment to this club.

I haven't commented much since the Chelsea game, it was a difficult day, mostly I see a team utterly devoid of confidence, something that I'm willing to grant them the opportunity to get back, to understand that at this level there isn't much between the players and the ones that are utterly lacking in confidence and aren't being backed by their own are hiding, not much the gaffer can do there when they are all doing so.

Cards on the table, I didn't want Kenny sacked, sh*t I didn't want Rafa sacked, I didn't want Rodgers, but he has the job and my full and utter backing, that won't change, he is a good manager, you don't go from nearly winning the league to being the clown that the dogs end of our fans would let you believe, I don't buy that it was Luis alone that forced us to last season, you need the manager to put everything in place to get the best from that player, something that the player himself has admitted the gaffer played a major majors role in, yet those fans won't give him that grace, they just simply come out of the holes they were forced into last season as we did so well, those that it would seem are only f**king happy when we struggle as it proves the right.. I don't give a f**k about being wrong as long as the side win..
      It's depressing me, some on here who I honestly have the greatest respect for as football fans and people who get the game inside out are simply making me not want to read their posts as I know the theme before I do, I'm gonna have to step away, for a while or good who knows, but i can't read some of the stuff this year..JD Is right that the best way to avoid the argument is not to tap your keyboard but I'm not that good, if I see something negative I bite and that's my fault so the bet thing for me to do is not read it. I hate falling out with people, especially those I respect, so I have little option.

I hope Brendan get it's right for all our sakes, we all want to win, it's been too long, if he he doesn't then he goes and we move on, but the one thing we should do, our role is to support him and the players, that's where we can have an effect, the welcoming the bus to the ground last season was great, I was in it most times, but f**k me they need us more now than then.

Let's hope we turn the corner, good luck all.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #20061: Nov 13, 2014 12:16:41 am
      Good point. That leads to the next question, is BR a manager that overplays possession football to the extend that it puts pressure on ourselves and that we don't dare to take on opposition players anymore? I'd simply put it, BR is not one that like aggressive football and it takes us ages to get the ball out of our half is so painful to watch.

I don't think his philosophy is poor, I agree with it, but its impossible and pointless if we can't control it, so we need the RIGHT players for this type of game.

Gerrard isn't the answer, and neither is Henderson worryingly.

But even if it isn't tiki taka (Brendan seems more intent on the 'gegenpressing' style of Dortmund now), ball control is ESSENTIAL for us to succeed. And I'm sorry, but I just don't think many of the English players are well embedded with that quality - they've been brought up on a diet of 'F***ing CLEAR IT' and hitting them long like its a grenade, rather than caressing it like a paint brush.

This is where I disagree with Brendan on one thing - I don't think the English players can play like this. I think you can coach the English youth players to develop into one of these players, but it's not happening with established English players who by the time they've reached their 20s, are well stuck in their ways.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #20062: Nov 13, 2014 12:42:22 am
      Premier League winners very rarely get away with shipping 50 goals in 38 games, if ever.

The defence cost us the League last Season and there is no sign of improvement this Season, something we should expect as a bare minimum given the amount of investment specifically in this area.

Unless we employ a defensive coach soon we will be in the sh*t because even though Brendan may have a good attacking philosophy in place, it means F**k all if your defence is as watertight as a colander.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20063: Nov 13, 2014 12:48:01 am
      Premier League winners very rarely get away with shipping 50 goals in 38 games, if ever.

The defence cost us the League last Season and there is no sign of improvement this Season, something we should expect as a bare minimum given the amount of investment specifically in this area.

Unless we employ a defensive coach soon we will be in the sh*t because even though Brendan may have a good attacking philosophy in place, it means f**k all if your defence is as watertight as a colander.

Bang On .

+ 1.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #20064: Nov 13, 2014 12:54:04 am
      I don't buy that it was Luis alone that forced us to last season, you need the manager to put everything in place to get the best from that player, something that the player himself has admitted the gaffer played a major majors role in,

You're absolutely right. It was the manager, who got the best out of Suarez. Luis knew, he'd only get a move away from him, if he performs the season of his life. And he got it. So yes, Rodgers got the best out of Suarez, inadvertently.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #20065: Nov 13, 2014 07:39:20 am

Like you said yourself a couple of posts back.

Sturridge is the last throw of the dice for Brendan.

:lmao:

This has got to be the worst post in the entire thread - congratulations.

Brendan found a way to take us from 7th to the top of the table playing the most exciting football in Europe and creating a genuine World star in the process. At the same time he managed to find a role for the captain which allowed him to -literally - play a central part in the closest league campaign we have had for decades.

And yet he "let Stevie down" because the captain slipped and conceded a goal stupidly trying to throw everyone forward and chase a win that we didn't need?

;D - utter bollocks. Stevie should have learnt from playing in the playground when the right time to attack and when the right time to hold the ball is - and despite all of his technical skills he never did - otherwise we would have won the league on the "special anniversary" for the club.

Going from 7th to Champions is virtually unprecented in the English top flight - you almost always have to finish 2nd or 3rd the year before winning the title. Brendan did his part and gave the players the opportunity. Stevie fluffed his lines.

Unless you know a way by which the manager is able to use a remote control for all the players on the pitch then pinning the blame on him is not only bizarre it's frankly stupid.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20066: Nov 13, 2014 07:58:40 am
      :lmao:

This has got to be the worst post in the entire thread - congratulations.

Brendan found a way to take us from 7th to the top of the table playing the most exciting football in Europe and creating a genuine World star in the process. At the same time he managed to find a role for the captain which allowed him to -literally - play a central part in the closest league campaign we have had for decades.

And yet he "let Stevie down" because the captain slipped and conceded a goal stupidly trying to throw everyone forward and chase a win that we didn't need?

;D - utter bollocks. Stevie should have learnt from playing in the playground when the right time to attack and when the right time to hold the ball is - and despite all of his technical skills he never did - otherwise we would have won the league on the "special anniversary" for the club.

Going from 7th to Champions is virtually unprecented in the English top flight - you almost always have to finish 2nd or 3rd the year before winning the title. Brendan did his part and gave the players the opportunity. Stevie fluffed his lines.

Unless you know a way by which the manager is able to use a remote control for all the players on the pitch then pinning the blame on him is not only bizarre it's frankly stupid.

Are you some kind of moron?

It was the managers tactics that had served us well the entire year. Gerrard wasn't piling forward, he was where he had been the entire season, split between the CBs.

In case you hadn't noticed Gerrard had also won us many more points last season (last minute penalties that took absolute balls of granite) than any single slip could have ever done.

Winning the league on that special anniversary would have meant more to him than we mere fans can possibly imagine.

So this absolute bollocks that "stevie fluffed his lines" needs knocking on the head good and proper because it's complete and utter bullshit. Everyone can make a mistake, everyone in the team did make mistakes through that entire season it was just the cruelest twist of fate that his seemed to hinge the most on. Don't let the timing of that slip diminish what was a tremendous season for our captain, a season I think he is now suffering the ill effects of, both physically and emotionally.

He needs dropping this year in my opinion, but to crucify him and blame him for one mistake is out of order from our own fans, he deserves better.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #20067: Nov 13, 2014 08:01:48 am
      You're absolutely right. It was the manager, who got the best out of Suarez. Luis knew, he'd only get a move away from him, if he performs the season of his life. And he got it. So yes, Rodgers got the best out of Suarez, inadvertently.

Supported this club all my life and will continue to do so, come rain or shine.
      In that context the earlier post by Jon about his being literally driven off an LFC support medium by a tide of negativity is a real wake up call.
      For one reason and another I am not able to get to Anfield nowadays but am filled with the same wishes, hope and desire for LFC as when I was able to get to the game. That was many years ago before th'internet so I do feel qualified to pass comment on the bullshit doom and gloom merchants that rightly piss true supporters like Jon right off.
      Imagine a support medium in prehistoric days which involved copious amounts of ale and discussing the game and the club in various hostelries involved in the after the match pub crawl.
      Said piss up would begin outside the ground and continue in town - for as long as you remained vertical.
      Imagine once again that some F***ing arsehole starts bad mouthing the club/manager/players in no particular order and is duly corrected by the merry fan base present, no doubt the correction would have the desired effect and the culprit would be fu**ed off to one extent or another, duly chastened and wiser for the experience.
      Attempting the same stunt in that particular support medium would be actively avoided, if nothing else but for self-preservation.
      Not so with th'internet where correction to wayward notions about our sacred club can and does get through whether you want to see it or not, even when corrected the culprit can still F***ing drone on untouched by reason or loyalty.
      There lies the difference, using th'internet - by it's very nature - compels you to scan material that you totally disagree with, be it politics, sport or the news in general, you are entitle to examine and dismiss as F***ing sh*te anything you contemplate.
      Unfortunately the forum does contain such wayward views as a matter of course, goes with the territory but that aspect of the forum is no territory of mine and is of no consequence.
      « Last Edit: Nov 13, 2014 08:24:31 am by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #20068: Nov 13, 2014 08:43:09 am

It was the managers tactics that had served us well the entire year. Gerrard wasn't piling forward, he was where he had been the entire season, split between the CBs.

In case you hadn't noticed Gerrard had also won us many more points last season (last minute penalties that took absolute balls of granite) than any single slip could have ever done.

Winning the league on that special anniversary would have meant more to him than we mere fans can possibly imagine.

So this absolute bollocks that "stevie fluffed his lines" needs knocking on the head good and proper because it's complete and utter bullshit. Everyone can make a mistake, everyone in the team did make mistakes through that entire season it was just the cruelest twist of fate that his seemed to hinge the most on. Don't let the timing of that slip diminish what was a tremendous season for our captain, a season I think he is now suffering the ill effects of, both physically and emotionally.

He needs dropping this year in my opinion, but to crucify him and blame him for one mistake is out of order from our own fans, he deserves better.

Wasting your time Luke, bollocks there dreams about being a moron.
      He leaps upon an error by our captain and crucifies him for the implications the defeat had on LFC.
      Irrespective of the fact SG was virtually the only player in a third of the field between the ball and Mignolet, that error allowed whatsisface to skip pass Gerrard and hop, skip and jump the ball past Mignolet.
      Everyone was committed to trying to unlock a Chelsea defence which we didn't have the equipment to accomplish.

Bollocks there is fully aware where the blame lies but chooses to throw sh*te at our captain. 
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #20069: Nov 13, 2014 09:46:18 am
      Let's see what happens with Daniel back. Probably Brendan's last throw of the dice.

He's probably not the last throw of the dice in terms of being so good that he will turn things around. However, you have a point that once we get a decent striker scoring goals, it could be the catalyst for the season.

Shouldn't dfelect attention from the awful defensive displays so far though. That needs to change regardless of us winnign games or not, and that includes the DM position.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20070: Nov 13, 2014 09:47:46 am

Another zombie that puts the blame fully on Stevie's slip.

( Quote: Otherwise we would have won the league on the special anniversary for the club )

You should have been a journo mate.

If the job had been done correctly Rodgers should have worked from the defence forward.
      Like someone has already posted ....no one wins the league shipping 50 goals.

Rodgers basked in the glory of Sturridge and Suarez and now the frailities of the team and his "mis-management" have been exposed.

Dont worry.
      The cavalry is coming
      Sturridge is coming back which is Brendans only get out clause.
      The other strikers havent scored all season.

You just carry on like the rest of the mindless morons and keeping shovelling the sh*te on Stevies shoulders.
      We lost the league because he slipped.
      Yeh Right.
      Whatever floats your boat.

Call yourself a Red?

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20071: Nov 13, 2014 10:01:38 am

( Quote: Otherwise we would have won the league on the special anniversary for the club )

Meanwhile Kolo Toure is glad everyone has forgotten about his back-pass.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #20072: Nov 13, 2014 10:16:48 am
      People are always looking to simplify a complex reason, certainly more than one factor contributed to last season.  Kolo's back pass, Stevie's slip, Skrtel's own goal scoring frenzy....the list goes on.  My complex into simple is the failure to take points in the back to back games against Man City (we deserved points) and Chelsea (we didn't deserve points, but a nailed on pen was turned down).  And Rodgers had his part to play too.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20073: Nov 13, 2014 10:26:45 am
      People are always looking to simplify a complex reason, certainly more than one factor contributed to last season.  Kolo's back pass, Stevie's slip, Skrtel's own goal scoring frenzy....the list goes on.  My complex into simple is the failure to take points in the back to back games against Man City (we deserved points) and Chelsea (we didn't deserve points, but a nailed on pen was turned down).  And Rodgers had his part to play too.

Having such a porous defence was criminal.
      Stunned that we've managed to make it worse.
      Shouldn't be, I suppose, because we've lost our attacking threat and therefore invited more pressure onto the defence.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #20074: Nov 13, 2014 11:02:23 am

The mistake wasn't the slip - anyone can can slip.

The mistake was throwing everyone forward trying to chase a goal just before half time against a team we didn't need to win against. A team that were sitting back and whose main chance of scoring was to hit quickly on the counter. yes Stevie was between the centre-backs but there's a big difference between slipping on your 18 yard box and slipping in the centre circle with no-one behind you.

That meant that when the slip happened there was no-one to stop Demba Ba getting a free chance against Mignolet - because everyone was in Chelsea's half. Let me repeat again - not 1-0 down in stoppage time  - but 0-0 just before half time where securing a point wins us the title.

You rightly said that it was the manager's tactics which we had used all season and Eurored rightly said that play was naive. But the application of those tactics from minute to minute on the pitch comes from the team leaders - and in this case the captain. That's the whole point of him being captain - so that he can use his experience and game intelligence to direct the players on the pitch in the general framework of how the manager has set things up.

Rodgers, like Kenny, trusts the players to do that.

Stevie, for all his attacking prowess, has never been the most ruthless and intelligent player. Thats why we have won knockout competitions but never a league title with him as captain. He has a taste for the spectacular and Roy-of-the-Rovers comebacks. But he lacks the kind of patient ruthlessness that consistently increases our chances. That's why he was increasingly resorting to hopeful crosses and long shots the rest of the match which Chelsea easily dealt with.

And winning those points was essential earlier in the season - but this is the league title we are talking about - every winning captain has played a huge part. What Stevie did, admirable though it was, wasn't enough to win.

And that's ultimately the test of what players at this club are judged on.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #20075: Nov 13, 2014 11:12:24 am

If the job had been done correctly Rodgers should have worked from the defence forward.
      Like someone has already posted ....no one wins the league shipping 50 goals.

Rodgers basked in the glory of Sturridge and Suarez and now the frailities of the team and his "mis-management" have been exposed.

Dont worry.
      The cavalry is coming
      Sturridge is coming back which is Brendans only get out clause.
      The other strikers havent scored all season.

You just carry on like the rest of the mindless morons and keeping shovelling the sh*te on Stevies shoulders.
      We lost the league because he slipped.
      Yeh Right.
      Whatever floats your boat.

Call yourself a Red?

;D.

Let me tell you something.

At this club, true reds have always been knowledgable about the game.

Therefore true reds have always had a special relationship with and support for the manager - because they understand the difficulties and machanics of achieving success in the game.

True reds have always put the interests of the team above their admiration for any single player because they know this is the only way to achieve lasting success.

You fail, badly, on all three counts.

So tell me, how can you call YOURSELF a Red?

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20076: Nov 13, 2014 11:18:08 am
      So tell me, how can you call YOURSELF a Red?

Since Division Two : 1962.

Uno Dos  Tres . ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #20077: Nov 13, 2014 11:44:32 am
      The mistake wasn't the slip - anyone can can slip.

The mistake was throwing everyone forward trying to chase a goal just before half time against a team we didn't need to win against. A team that were sitting back and whose main chance of scoring was to hit quickly on the counter. yes Stevie was between the centre-backs but there's a big difference between slipping on your 18 yard box and slipping in the centre circle with no-one behind you.

That meant that when the slip happened there was no-one to stop Demba Ba getting a free chance against Mignolet - because everyone was in Chelsea's half. Let me repeat again - not 1-0 down in stoppage time  - but 0-0 just before half time where securing a point wins us the title.

You rightly said that it was the manager's tactics which we had used all season and Eurored rightly said that play was naive. But the application of those tactics from minute to minute on the pitch comes from the team leaders - and in this case the captain. That's the whole point of him being captain - so that he can use his experience and game intelligence to direct the players on the pitch in the general framework of how the manager has set things up.

Rodgers, like Kenny, trusts the players to do that.

Stevie, for all his attacking prowess, has never been the most ruthless and intelligent player. Thats why we have won knockout competitions but never a league title with him as captain. He has a taste for the spectacular and Roy-of-the-Rovers comebacks. But he lacks the kind of patient ruthlessness that consistently increases our chances. That's why he was increasingly resorting to hopeful crosses and long shots the rest of the match which Chelsea easily dealt with.

And winning those points was essential earlier in the season - but this is the league title we are talking about - every winning captain has played a huge part. What Stevie did, admirable though it was, wasn't enough to win.

So let me get this straight, it was Stevie's fault for not changing the tactics? Tactics that had served the team so damn brilliantly the entire season, why should he lose faith in those tactics right then and there?

Secondly the slip happening 18 yards out or 50 yards out would have made no difference the chance would have still been a goal scoring opportunity. I've heard this argument before but why would the outcome be any different than a one on one? Our CB's always split wide, not narrow so the difference would have only been the distance Ba had to run, the chance presented would, in fact, probably have been easier as Mignolet would have less time to narrow the angle.

"Stevie for all his attacking prowess has never been the most intelligent or ruthless." What kind of a statement is that? You're happy to take all the fantastic assists and goals he produced but you're going to hang him out to dry on the defensive side of the game? That was tactics, last season we sacrificed defensive security for the 101 goals we scored. We played in a cavalier fashion, it was the best football I've seen our club produce in an absolute age and yet here you are ripping it to shreds because we failed at the final hurdles.

I'll let you continue dismantling your memory of Stevie last season, because I honestly can't be bothered debating something which I know to be true.

I know he put his heart and soul into trying to get over the line, for us.

I know he scored penalties with a weight of pressure I couldn't even imagine. Just think of the emotional rollercoaster he was going through while stepping up for them, I was praying for him to score, not only for us but so he didn't have to live with the consequences of missing any of them.

He produced the most assists throughout the entire league from a DM position, they weren't all free-kicks and set pieces like some will have you believe, some were absolutely sublime, some of the absolute best passes to ever grace the premier league.

He took to task anyone that dared challenge our young lads, he stood strong for them and led by example.

He gathered the troops and raised morale for a final push towards that dream that has been so cruelly kept from him.

So when you say:

It isn't for me, because for me Stevie did enough last season to make me forever greatful and proud to have seen him play at that level for one more year. I had an absolutely fantastic time supporting this club and Stevie was a large part of that enjoyment. So I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree here because for me he was a shining example of what a captain should be.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #20078: Nov 13, 2014 11:45:48 am
      I was going to type a post out, but this sums it up for me better than I can express it myself.
      Cop yourselves on lads. No finger pointing, no blame, but at the very time we need to be together we seem to be falling apart.

There's some elements that currently depress the f**k out of me as a red.. I'm all for criticism, I'm all for constructive criticism I should probably say.. Some of the childish snidey rubbish I'm currently reading is nothing but that.

You know what, good luck to you, if you think that what's put us apart from most of football fans in the world and certainly in this country us what you're currently doing then I'm sorry, you're wrong.. You are an embarrassment to this club.

I haven't commented much since the Chelsea game, it was a difficult day, mostly I see a team utterly devoid of confidence, something that I'm willing to grant them the opportunity to get back, to understand that at this level there isn't much between the players and the ones that are utterly lacking in confidence and aren't being backed by their own are hiding, not much the gaffer can do there when they are all doing so.

Cards on the table, I didn't want Kenny sacked, sh*t I didn't want Rafa sacked, I didn't want Rodgers, but he has the job and my full and utter backing, that won't change, he is a good manager, you don't go from nearly winning the league to being the clown that the dogs end of our fans would let you believe, I don't buy that it was Luis alone that forced us to last season, you need the manager to put everything in place to get the best from that player, something that the player himself has admitted the gaffer played a major majors role in, yet those fans won't give him that grace, they just simply come out of the holes they were forced into last season as we did so well, those that it would seem are only f**king happy when we struggle as it proves the right.. I don't give a f**k about being wrong as long as the side win..
      It's depressing me, some on here who I honestly have the greatest respect for as football fans and people who get the game inside out are simply making me not want to read their posts as I know the theme before I do, I'm gonna have to step away, for a while or good who knows, but i can't read some of the stuff this year..JD Is right that the best way to avoid the argument is not to tap your keyboard but I'm not that good, if I see something negative I bite and that's my fault so the bet thing for me to do is not read it. I hate falling out with people, especially those I respect, so I have little option.

I hope Brendan get it's right for all our sakes, we all want to win, it's been too long, if he he doesn't then he goes and we move on, but the one thing we should do, our role is to support him and the players, that's where we can have an effect, the welcoming the bus to the ground last season was great, I was in it most times, but f**k me they need us more now than then.

Let's hope we turn the corner, good luck all.

Quick Reply