Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3045669 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #20562: Nov 22, 2014 06:52:42 pm

On last season’s 3-3 draw at Palace, and Sunday’s game:

“That wasn’t the game that cost us.
      The damage was always done in the Chelsea game.
      Brendan Rodgers quote last week as interpreted , posted and heavily debated on here in this thread.

Today . 
      A few days later now describing the Palace game .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29934852

Rodgers: "That night probably ended our hopes of winning it ... ."

3 - 0  up.

11 minutes left to go.
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2014 09:22:56 pm by eurored »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20563: Nov 22, 2014 06:52:49 pm
      I absolutely think he gets us. Whether he talks too much is another debate.

Also, if you say you don't know him, but he also talks too much...well how are we supposed to get to know him if you don't want him talking?

really?. He talks on and on and on without saying much.Stupid comment to make you can talk to a person for years without really knowing them.
      He likes to play up to the media and come across as some sort of tactical guru telling them about his thoughts.
      If he "got us" he wouldn't talk half as much to the media and he wouldn't be so quick to tell us how wonderful FSG are.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #20564: Nov 22, 2014 07:03:42 pm
      really?. He talks on and on and on without saying much.Stupid comment to make you can talk to a person for years without really knowing them.
      He likes to play up to the media and come across as some sort of tactical guru telling them about his thoughts.
      If he "got us" he wouldn't talk half as much to the media and he wouldn't be so quick to tell us how wonderful FSG are.

So my question stands...how would you "get to know" him Walton if he were to talk very little as you are suggesting he does?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #20565: Nov 22, 2014 07:09:54 pm
      As much as I back Brendan,  I really can't be bothered to listen to his interviews anymore.  It's all very scripted, it's like he's going through the motions with the same everyone's doing their best speech,  even when it's apparent that everyone isn't always doing their best (Glen Johnson).
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #20566: Nov 22, 2014 07:26:38 pm
      This is an important game tomorrow imo. We're falling away from the top4, need to try to stay in touch, and CPalace is somewhere you'd expect us to go with some confidence.
      CL match coming after too, we could really do with some momentum. It's like turning a tanker, getting form to swing the other way. This is an opportunity, would think BR will be desperate to win this one.
      And one of the strikers will score eventually ... right ...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20567: Nov 22, 2014 07:31:36 pm
      Look we know you want to get rid of Rodgers ....

I may have been thinking allowed when I said sooner the better  but it is there you and your mate have got it all wrong.
      Get the rodent to check my posts to find out when I have said sack him.

More ado.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #20568: Nov 22, 2014 07:43:46 pm

And one of the strikers will score eventually ... right ...

Well if they don't start soon we might finish the season with negative goal difference.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #20569: Nov 22, 2014 08:17:05 pm
      Really? All opposition fans are singing about Gerrard slipping (even the chavs at home today against WBA) and it seeps into here for serious debate?

If I could be arsed (can't) find the originator of the suggestion I'd be inclined to call them a c**t really.

Accusations levelled against the gaffer in here are fair play for debate but getting dragged into debate that should be left for opposition fans isn't. In fairness, opposition fans don't even talk about it any more so why the F**k is it being blathered on about in here?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20570: Nov 22, 2014 08:29:19 pm
      So my question stands...how would you "get to know" him Walton if he were to talk very little as you are suggesting he does?

see orchards post and I do wish you wouldn't ask silly question I thought you were better than that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #20571: Nov 22, 2014 09:47:07 pm
      see orchards post and I do wish you wouldn't ask silly question I thought you were better than that.

It's not a silly question Walton, just answer it and stop playing the fool. Don't know why you are always so divisive and won't just be straightforward when someone asks you to explain yourself.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #20572: Nov 22, 2014 10:00:20 pm

To you it may seem without saying much but think about this for a moment. What's his background? He came from working under the undisputed darling of the media, Mourinho who knows how to manipulate the media by giving them exactly what they want by way of a soundbite here, a controversial comment there, and as such they love him for it, hanging on his every word. Now Rodgers operates in a similar vein, he's generally media savvy, gets them on his side and as such is getting an easier run in the tabloids than he is here and the tabloids have been responsible for more than one manager getting the sack.

You also can't expect him to come out and start criticising his employer in the media because that will just cause more problems than it solves. Do we really want another Raffa/H&G esq squabble played out in the newspapers? Does that really help us as a club. Besides, it's not like he's on a strong footing right now. If we where keeping pace with Chelsea then perhaps but for now it's best he toes the line and gets on with what he's paid for - digging us out of the mire we're in of which the players should be taking equal criticism regarding this because tenacity, steel and backbone aren't something that can be coached in to you, it's a character trait that our players have sadly lacked so far this season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20573: Nov 22, 2014 10:32:17 pm
      To you it may seem without saying much but think about this for a moment. What's his background? He came from working under the undisputed darling of the media, Mourinho who knows how to manipulate the media by giving them exactly what they want by way of a soundbite here, a controversial comment there, and as such they love him for it, hanging on his every word. Now Rodgers operates in a similar vein, he's generally media savvy, gets them on his side and as such is getting an easier run in the tabloids than he is here and the tabloids have been responsible for more than one manager getting the sack.

You also can't expect him to come out and start criticising his employer in the media because that will just cause more problems than it solves. Do we really want another Raffa/H&G esq squabble played out in the newspapers? Does that really help us as a club. Besides, it's not like he's on a strong footing right now. If we where keeping pace with Chelsea then perhaps but for now it's best he toes the line and gets on with what he's paid for - digging us out of the mire we're in of which the players should be taking equal criticism regarding this because tenacity, steel and backbone aren't something that can be coached in to you, it's a character trait that our players have sadly lacked so far this season.

Maybe if he had spent more time learning how to set up a defence from Mourinho rather than how to manipulate the media, he might not have needed his media skills quite so much :)

Seriously, I think Brendan's interviews all seem to come across as scripted rather than from the heart. A bit like talking to a salesman rather than someone with real passion and belief. Nothing wrong with that, just makes it much more difficult to connect with him imo.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,237 posts | 4923 
      Reply #20574: Nov 22, 2014 11:21:46 pm
      I absolutely think he gets us. Whether he talks too much is another debate.

Agree.

Brendan understands Liverpool and knows what is expected.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,190 posts | 1272 
      Reply #20575: Nov 23, 2014 12:29:55 am
      I think he has a point in fairness, although in my opinion it was the whole team and manager to blame because there was simply no need for us to be chasing that game.
      If it was BR's plan to go after chelsea, I think senior players should have the balls to stand up and say that it wasn't needed, but even if they did or didn't, the plan was wrong.
      If it was the players on the pitch doing what had previously served them well, then I think the skipper has to hold his hand up because he should have been calming things down.

The slip itself was simple misfortune, and could have happened to anyone, but the question remains as to why we were chasing a game we didn't need to win.

All Rodger's critics are saying 'we didn't need to chase that game against Chelsea'.

Then there is a shower of bullshit saying about Madrid 'we should be fearless of ALL team, we are the MIGHTY Liverpool, we didn't get where we were playing defensive football!!'

So hypocritical.

No doubt those calling for his head will crawl back into the woodwork once things pick up again, or even better, 'were only expressing healthy doubts'.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20576: Nov 23, 2014 01:09:37 am
      I don't think there are many calling for Brendan's head, or who would like him to go, I just think most people are unhappy at the way the season as gone so far.

I think there are a few who have doubts about whether Brendan can turn things around, but even those I think are hoping he can rather than hoping he fails.

A good result against Palace and the negative feelings and posts will start to disappear.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #20577: Nov 23, 2014 01:52:17 am
      I don't think there are many calling for Brendan's head, or who would like him to go, I just think most people are unhappy at the way the season as gone so far.

I think there are a few who have doubts about whether Brendan can turn things around, but even those I think are hoping he can rather than hoping he fails.

A good result against Palace and the negative feelings and posts will start to disappear.

I'd say this week is, or is close to being, the most important week of Brendan's career. Pick up 2 or 3 wins and we are back in business, any less than that and the 'Rodgers Out' brigade will come flooding out of the woodwork and the pressure will really be on.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #20578: Nov 23, 2014 03:41:48 am
      I'd say this week is, or is close to being, the most important week of Brendan's career. Pick up 2 or 3 wins and we are back in business, any less than that and the 'Rodgers Out' brigade will come flooding out of the woodwork and the pressure will really be on.

What about this being the most important week of the player's Liverpool careers? Isn't it time they showed they actually want to be worthy of wearing the shirt? They haven't so far this season. Let's not put it all on Brendan Rodgers because when those eleven lads get on the pitch, it's over to them.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #20579: Nov 23, 2014 05:40:16 am

He's had ample time to reflect during the international period and time to work on things a bit more at the training ground. I would expect to see a gritty performance in order to grind out a win, if nothing else.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20580: Nov 23, 2014 09:34:24 am
      Maybe if he had spent more time learning how to set up a defence from Mourinho rather than how to manipulate the media, he might not have needed his media skills quite so much :)

Seriously, I think Brendan's interviews all seem to come across as scripted rather than from the heart. A bit like talking to a salesman rather than someone with real passion and belief. Nothing wrong with that, just makes it much more difficult to connect with him imo.

Agree.

I have never connected with him.
      What has he done or won to respect?

The only other non connect being Woy .

Why doesnt he take himself out of the limelight and do what other managers have done and get a righthand man to do some press conferences.
      Imagine Pascoe ?   

No. Nor can I.

Put up or shut up.   Get the talking done on the pitch.
      We've heard it all.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #20581: Nov 23, 2014 11:19:15 am

FFS  RODGERS  !

Another one putting  all the blame on the Chelsea game  .....   ergo .....  Stevie  and the slip.
      The f**king Manager !

Sooner gone the better

I dont want Rodgers sacked.

More  ado ........

:lmao:

#backboneofajellyfish

I disagree with Federer but at least he has the balls to stick by his opinions rather than flip flopping around desperately when the heat is on.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #20582: Nov 23, 2014 11:23:38 am
      What about this being the most important week of the player's Liverpool careers? Isn't it time they showed they actually want to be worthy of wearing the shirt? They haven't so far this season. Let's not put it all on Brendan Rodgers because when those eleven lads get on the pitch, it's over to them.

Yep - this is an important point to make; from Rafa to Roy to Kenny to Brendan a number of those players have been shirking responsibility.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,237 posts | 4923 
      Reply #20583: Nov 23, 2014 11:33:16 am
      I disagree with Federer but at least he has the balls to stick by his opinions rather than flip flopping around desperately when the heat is on.

Agree on Fed.

He and I agree and disagree on many issues but he does stand by his opinion and nails his colours to the mast so to speak.

Yep - this is an important point to make; from Rafa to Roy to Kenny to Brendan a number of those players have been shirking responsibility.

It's a point I was making in another thread about whether we are too nice a side and I think we have been for many a year, give or take the odd player, and I also agree that our players don't take responsibility at times.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20584: Nov 23, 2014 12:39:01 pm
      when the players don't respond to the manager there is usually only one outcome.
      Today is a perfect chance for the players to show they are fully behind the manager.

Quick Reply