Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3032287 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #21045: Nov 27, 2014 02:14:16 am
      I'm still on your side Brendan but please just make the executive decisions that the boss has to make and let go of the past.
      Open letter to BR.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #21046: Nov 27, 2014 04:09:08 am
      Not sure what i cant stand anymore

Our horrid performances on the pitch or BRs cringeworthy post game interviews.

Like today for instance.. like many of you i was praying that we would hang on for the win.... questioned his sterling sub and got frustrated when they tied.  And then watched BRs interview.  Really man?  Its ludogorets we were playing.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #21047: Nov 27, 2014 04:32:07 am
      Yes it's ridiculous who Brendan brings to his press conferences these days, he's a f*cking embarrassment. Don't even get me started on the bit of dandruff that I couldn't help but notice on his collar the other day.

:D

That F***ing dandruff! The way it drops really affects the way the team play.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #21048: Nov 27, 2014 04:40:33 am
      I don't know what I feel worse about, the reaction of fans or Brendan Rodgers, I don't like to hear him these days but we can't sack the manager. It won't end well, that's the attitude of shittier clubs than us.
      Hodgson I couldn't wait to get  rid of; he was never a Liverpool manager.
       But all other managers apart from Souness i won't join the movement to oust out.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #21049: Nov 27, 2014 04:51:44 am
      I don't actually believe all these flops that BR never played like:
      Illori
      Alberto
      Aspas
      Oh ffs all of these types of signings...
      were his choice.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #21050: Nov 27, 2014 05:20:38 am
      Liverpool have had a one goal lead after 85 mins six times in all comps this season. They've lost that lead six times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #21051: Nov 27, 2014 08:08:31 am
      I've been a firm believer of giving your manager time and the benefit of the doubt. But now I've had enough, his tactics are terrible as teams now know how to pressure our passing out from the back, he makes the wrong substitutions he plays Gerriatric Gerrard out of respect for him not for his actual ability, he crushes players confidence such as markovic by not even having him on the bench and is now starting to sound like a stuck record in interviews by saying stuff like "character" every game even after a loss to the world beaters that are Crystal Palace.

Ffs the man doesn't even know his best formation.
      AJ-LFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #21052: Nov 27, 2014 08:14:10 am
      I think with all this discussion of BR as Liverpool manager and should he take the blame for our demise? I firmly believe its a yes but also think a lot of other factors come into it. Could we have attracted the star names we tried for like Sanchez, Falcao etc...? We are a big enough club, yes? We are willing to pay the signing on fee but we don't pay the wages clubs like Arsenal/Chelsea/UTD and City pay, we lag quite far behind these clubs when it comes to salaries. 5th behind City, Chelsea, UTD and Arsenal

Look at the fear factor when playing certain clubs...

Under Rafa we were one of the most feared sides in Europe...Fact!

Look at Ferguson and the year he left!

Mourinho has that now, Chelsea are a feared club in Europe.

When Pep Guardiola left Barca look how things changed and swung in Madrids favour.

Sorry to say this but under BR we are not feared enough and that's a fact!

Is Anfield a feared place to come to now?

Will bringing Sturridge back make the difference that will see us climb the league table and show consistency that's needed to win trophies?

IMO, this is what we need again, a manager who brings back the fear factor in playing us. And one who can attract bigger names.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2014 08:26:03 am by AJ-LFC »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #21053: Nov 27, 2014 08:28:25 am
      Those that are criticising last nights performance and tearing their hair out at our lack of fluency are in for a miserable few weeks. They attack Brendan for the "sentimentality" in his selection, but it is THEY who need to forget about the past, not the manager.

In the here and now, we are a poor team who's confidence is shot to bits. Forget last season and "poetry in motion", what it's all about right now is hanging on in there until Sturridge comes back/we sign a new striker/some players regain confidence. It's going to be scrappy, it's going to be ugly and it's going to frustrate. The manager IS going to praise the players at every opportunity, he IS going to say we were "fabulous" when we draw against lesser teams.

That's where we are, and when you walk through a storm that's what you do. You stick together, you put one foot in front of the other and gradually, slowly but surely, you dig yourself out of the sh!t. 'Course some amongst your number are more concerned with bitching and moaning about who's fault it is that you're in this spot in the first place, but the strong among us know that that discussion is for another time. Right now, when confidence is low and we're up against it, we support and then support more.

Last night was the beginning. Not the beginning of the end of our slump, nor was it the end of the beginning of our renaissance. It was the beginning of the beginning of us climbing out of a deep hole. Stoke at the weekend is the next step, and I'd take any type of ugly b@stard win all day long.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #21054: Nov 27, 2014 08:41:47 am
      Well said Mick. We have no Devine right for anything. Yes it is a shambles especially after last season.
      Yes we are piss poor, yes we are probably a laughing stock at the moment, but we are still LFC, the most successful club this country has ever seen.
      We will come out of this slump, it is just going to be a long hard slog, and one game at a time.
      Time to rally together, and put the lethargy behind us, onwards and upwards fellow Reds.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #21055: Nov 27, 2014 08:54:39 am
      Stoke at the weekend is the next step, and I'd take any type of ugly b@stard win all day long.

For the first time ever, Stoke are worried about us dragging them down to our level. :)

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #21056: Nov 27, 2014 09:00:53 am
      Any other manager in this position with the summer spend Rodgers had would have been shown the door.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #21057: Nov 27, 2014 09:04:04 am
      Rodgers in game management was very poor last night. Gerrard and Lambert were literally at crawling pace towards the end yet he kept both of them on the pitch.
      Some fresh legs would have helped press Ludo higher up the pitch, would have meant the chance of another goal and more importantly stop us being under so much pressure in the last 10 minutes.

Oh well you live and learn.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #21058: Nov 27, 2014 09:10:59 am
      Rodgers in game management was very poor last night. Gerrard and Lambert were literally at crawling pace towards the end yet he kept both of them on the pitch.
      Some fresh legs would have helped press Ludo higher up the pitch, would have meant the chance of another goal and more importantly stop us being under so much pressure in the last 10 minutes.

Oh well you live and learn.

It's a shame BR actually doesn't though isn't it.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #21059: Nov 27, 2014 09:13:19 am
      Any other manager in this position with the summer spend Rodgers had would have been shown the door.

Definitely and rightly so. Relegation fodder teams dismiss their managers for less than what we're witnessing at the minute.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #21060: Nov 27, 2014 09:20:13 am
      I thought taking Sterling off was a mistake which allowed Ludo to push forward with impunity,no fear of being caught out at the back by the "pace" of Gerrard or Lambert.

Hard times at the moment for Brendan, can't seem to catch a break. As against Palace his decisions over subs seemed to make things worse.

I heard on the TV he booted the water bottles down the touchline in frustration last night, so like us he is suffering.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #21061: Nov 27, 2014 09:20:39 am

If we had lost last night yes. But he was handed a lifeline after our "fantastic" performance against a "terrific" side.

It's now crucial we win out next three PL matches and beat Basel at home to try save our season. It's very achievable if Brendan picks the right team to do it and leaves certain players on the bench.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #21062: Nov 27, 2014 09:41:16 am
      Having thought about it , I wonder if the "fantastic performance" bits of Brendan's are not more for our American owners to digest rather than for the supporters or anyone who actually saw the game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #21063: Nov 27, 2014 09:53:35 am
      Having thought about it , I wonder if the "fantastic performance" bits of Brendan's are not more for our American owners to digest rather than for the supporters or anyone who actually saw the game.

Hahaha
      Just got a vision of Brendan texting JWH in the dressing room 'fantastic performance, one step nearer another CL glorious final'.
      Not a word of a lie, the errant owners are made up, the manager's position is bullet proof and job's a good 'un.
      People who saw the game might have a different take on it as you point out mate.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #21064: Nov 27, 2014 10:43:58 am
      "it's not difficult to coach"

Brendan Rodgers on defending and parking the bus.

IF ONLY
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #21065: Nov 27, 2014 10:57:09 am
      Vs Ludogorets

What reason can there be for keeping Gerrard and Lambert on for the full 93 minutes?

Why keep Joe Allen on the pitch when he was invisible for most of the game?

Why keep Couts and Can on the bench when the game was screaming out for a change after half time?

For that, why make no substitutes at all until Moreno came on for Sterling with a few minutes to go?

But then why play Moreno as an attacking wing back when we once more did not have to go chasing the game (memories of Chelsea last season)?

Even if resting players for Saturday is the reason, surely Couts and Can and whoever else could have come on for the last 15 minutes. And what about Gerrard? He's 34 not 24, but no doubt he'll play against Stoke. But Couts and Lallana, will they play against Stoke on Saturday? Lucas to drop out for Couts, but Lucas was our best player last night, right? And will Toure play? Probably not - even though he did no worse than Lovren has done all season.

It's things like the above that really worry me about the Gaffer. To me, that's not a case of bad luck or anything; it's a case of gross mismanagement.

Dropping Gerrard and Co. against Real Madrid to rest them for Saturday, but then working Gerrard and Lambert into the ground against Ludogorets before this Saturday? It's a bit all over the place.

Momentum is important with players, but when Markovic plays his best game for us against the best team in the world (Real Madrid), we don't see or hear from him for the next 4 or 5 games.

I'm looking for a pattern but all I'm seeing is a manager lurching from one philosophy to another.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #21066: Nov 27, 2014 11:04:11 am
      Flanno and Sturridge couldn't return quick enough! They could be the difference for Brendan.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #21067: Nov 27, 2014 11:14:24 am

You really think Rodgers "fantastic performance" or empty words resonate with JWH? Let's be honest here FSG sacked Kenny for winning a trophy.

Quick Reply