Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3046552 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #30820: May 26, 2015 12:10:07 pm
      An interesting point made earlier that Brendan may well walk if the Transfer Committee remains. Would have a lot of respect for him if this did happen, he must stay true to his values.

The committee was brought in, or rather given a title, mainly because he flat out refused to work with a DoF so this point makes no sense to me.

I don't know how you can respect him for walking out of a system he played a big part in shaping.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #30821: May 26, 2015 12:19:52 pm
      So what has BR learned this season? Players will come, players will go like a turnstile. BR is basically a very slow learner, slow to re-act and stubborn, largely due to his Swansea brand and standards of football. I foresee it will be the same old story all over again at the beginning of next season. After a few positive results during close season and BR would think that everything is well and dandy until the first competitive match starts and BR still hasn't got a clue what tactics to use with the players available and only after 10 games he got some momentum going. BR is such a predictable person that when he decides to be unpredictable it became bizarre and the team got walloped to a tune of 6-1.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #30822: May 26, 2015 12:36:11 pm
      He basically did himself no favours, creating history. 6-1 against Stoke.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30823: May 26, 2015 12:37:37 pm
      He should have walked after saturday, IMO.

also 9 points from 28 in the run in, shocking, we could have comfertably got top 4 with the points available, and been in the FA cup final.

FSG to blame, but the buck stops with the manager, I have been on his side for a long time, and thought all the bad luck season esp. studger injury and other injuries, but the hard facts are there to see, he can only beat Man city & spuds out of our top 4 rivals, we have captiulated every time it meant something, terrible in europe. etc. etc.

But if he is still here in a couple of weeks, then we have to get behind him and whatever team we put on the park going into next season.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #30824: May 26, 2015 12:45:29 pm
      He basically did himself no favours, creating history. 6-1 against Stoke.

He cast himself in Liverpool history .

"If they want me to go  ... Ill go "       .... thats very good of you. Making all the right noises for Boston and for us ... but you are a major part of the 5 year grand complicity even though you came late to the party.

No wonder Martinez turned the job  down first  and FSG didnt go after any elite manager.

They just dont get it .
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #30825: May 26, 2015 12:45:53 pm
      As long as he thinks he can do a job here, he won't walk.

I doubt it's about the money either. He'll get a job after this one and the pay, when you're earning what he's earning won't make much of a difference to him if it's less than what he's on now. £70k (for example) a week down to £50k a week? I'm sure he could live with that.

I say we back him and review things at Christmas. Give him 5 more months to prove he can do the job.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #30826: May 26, 2015 12:48:22 pm
      He should have walked after saturday, IMO.

also 9 points from 28 in the run in, shocking, we could have comfertably got top 4 with the points available, and been in the FA cup final.

He wouldnt.
      He isnt honourable and just part of the big deception if they keep him.
      When we all wake up we may just vote with our money.
      Thatll f**k their MoneyBall-enomics.

Makes the Glazers look honest.

JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #30827: May 26, 2015 12:57:35 pm
      BR wants Benteke? really? is this true? what a joke!!!

Just tell me Mario is signing a new deal, and football wise, this week cant get any worse!!!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30828: May 26, 2015 01:06:08 pm
      In an ideal boot room style world, I would love Carra as no.1 with Fowler & Hyppia as his assitants, and bring in gerrard Houlier as Director of football, or just as good, give kenny some power as director, rather than just an empty title.

Houlier as DOF? No thanks mate. Not our greatest era for signings under him.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #30829: May 26, 2015 01:13:51 pm
      I guess everybody hasn't calmed down yet.

sh*t season end of and the instant yang to the previous seasons yin. I'm firmly ensconced in the one more year camp and I ain't for budging.

The vast majority of the league had a sh*t season, utd, city, ardenal, spurs etc etc, even the chavs played sh*t in a lot of their matches and won the league doing it.

Attack fsg/ayre all you want, F**k knows they deserve it for mismanagement at least but for fucks sake give the manager a chance to breathe, he looks fu**ed the poor b***ard and if imagine the last thing he needs is getting attacked by his own supporters.

The man's got his faults (ain't we all?) and they get on my tits at times but some of the foot stomping tantrums I've seem around the web are easily the worst I've ever seen from people who say they support LFC.

YNWA?

My arse.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30830: May 26, 2015 01:14:42 pm
      If he does stay, IF, I'd enforce a DOF on him I'd tell him his way hasn't worked if he disagrees bye ,

I'd then if possible get Ramon Rodriguez 'monchi' in as DOF, give the funds to bring in ready made top quality players we need to achieve top. 4 at least, we need at least. 4 top players to make us a serious challenge,
      Personally I think he should fall on his sword, I'm not sure he still has the dressing room if that's the case he's pissing against the wind and nothing will work for him, so it's best he goes now and give the club the best chance to recover.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,230 posts | 2807 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30831: May 26, 2015 01:16:59 pm
      Looks like BR is staying. If that is the case I urge us all to get behind him. Like it or not. We need to row in behind him if he remains in charge. Hell be better with us backing him and not waiting in the long grass to jump on any mistakes he makes big or small.

The hierarchy and certain players might know fook all or care fook all about the core values of this club but lets not see us the fans lose them values.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,499 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #30832: May 26, 2015 01:19:45 pm
      I guess everybody hasn't calmed down yet.

sh*t season end of and the instant yang to the previous seasons yin. I'm firmly ensconced in the one more year camp and I ain't for budging.

The vast majority of the league had a sh*t season, utd, city, ardenal, spurs etc etc, even the chavs played sh*t in a lot of their matches and won the league doing it.

Attack fsg/ayre all you want, F**k knows they deserve it for mismanagement at least but for fucks sake give the manager a chance to breathe, he looks fu**ed the poor b***ard and if imagine the last thing he needs is getting attacked by his own supporters.

The man's got his faults (ain't we all?) and they get on my tits at times but some of the foot stomping tantrums I've seem around the web are easily the worst I've ever seen from people who say they support LFC.

YNWA?

My arse.
      My sentiments exactly

Well said
      nikhillout
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #30833: May 26, 2015 01:20:24 pm
      Liverpool's last 9 games only Hull with 7 points and Newcastle with 4 points have taken less than us. We have taken the same number of points as Burnley and QPR, please remind me what happened to them this season. As much as u can write off one bad result, man utd , arsenal, etc have all been tonked at least once in the past few years but even under hodgson, we never had a run like this. Players are incapable of going 13 games unbeaten and then playing like that unless the Manager has lost them. So those of you talking about keeping him, it doesn't really matter what he says or does, he is a dead man walking it will just be a slow and painful death.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #30834: May 26, 2015 01:35:30 pm
      I don't neccessarily take the silence so far that he is staying for certain.

I do think we need to know though and something needs to be out there ASAP. This meeting needs to be held now, not two weeks down the line, what ever needs sorting should be done now, no holidays. Get a plan down and sort it out.

I think there is an element of the job becoming untenable for Brendan with certain sections completely gone on him, but I'm not gone on him personally, I think changes need to be made to the structure though

As I've said the problems we have don't go if Brendan does, there is far more wrong that needs sorting out.

If he stays he gets my full support which he has had so far..
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #30835: May 26, 2015 01:36:10 pm

That's a bit harsh mate, he won us the treble our Houllier. He signed some absolute donkeys but in 7 years, he also signed

Hyppia
      Henchoz
      Hamman
      Riise
      Finnan
      McAllister
      Litmanen
      Anelka
      Dudek

All excellent signings that cost a fraction of what we have spent since. In fact, Houllier as DoF would be brilliant. With his management experience and footballing knowledge/network given he was one of the founders of the French national youth system that provided the national team with so many gems when they won the World Cup, can't think of many other people qualified for that job.

I've also met him and shook his hand, absolute gentleman he was. If BR stays, he would do well to have the wisdom of someone like Houllier.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #30836: May 26, 2015 01:37:21 pm
      I don't neccessarily take the silence so far that he is staying for certain

Agree.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #30837: May 26, 2015 01:39:50 pm
      I don't neccessarily take the silence so far that he is staying for certain.

I do think we need to know though and something needs to be out there ASAP. This meeting needs to be held now, not two weeks down the line, what ever needs sorting should be done now, no holidays. Get a plan down and sort it out.

I think there is an element of the job becoming untenable for Brendan with certain sections completely gone on him, but I'm not gone on him personally, I think changes need to be made to the structure though

As I've said the problems we have don't go if Brendan does, there is far more wrong that needs sorting out.

If he stays he gets my full support which he has had so far..

I didn't think he was going to be sacked before the Stoke game and although the Stoke game was obviously a nightmare....if they didn't want him gone before it I'm not sure why that game alone would completely alter their views.

If they were on the fence then yes, I can say that result pushing them off of it, but if they were firmly behind him for the remainder of his contract (or even one more year) then I don't see why they still wouldn't be.

I think he'll be here next season although God help the man because I'm not sure what he can do aside from winning the title to have any kind of support from the fans.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30838: May 26, 2015 01:45:28 pm
      He wouldnt.
      He isnt honourable and just part of the big deception if they keep him.
      When we all wake up we may just vote with our money.
      Thatll f**k their MoneyBall-enomics.

Makes the Glazers look honest.

This is becoming more and more apparant mate. :-(
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30839: May 26, 2015 01:46:54 pm

His signings were ok, right uptil the end, Diouf & diao tainted a decent record. But his head was not right by the end, the job nearly killed him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30840: May 26, 2015 01:47:23 pm
      I didn't think he was going to be sacked before the Stoke game and although the Stoke game was obviously a nightmare....if they didn't want him gone before it I'm not sure why that game alone would completely alter their views.

Fan reaction, will play a big part, if they think the season is fu**ed before it starts as Rodgers has lost the majority of the fans, that will influence their decision.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #30841: May 26, 2015 01:50:48 pm
      when polls suggest 80% of fans want him gone what sort of message are FSG sending to the fans.the message I get is pay your money and keep your mouth shut.
      He will need 3 or 4 players as good as Gerrard and Suarez to get anywhere near top 4 nest season.
      If anyone wants to go hunting I said a longtime ago Brendan would be a good manager whilst he was doing well and last year proved that and this year has confirmed it. He doesnt know how to adapt his team and we aren't Barcelona who know they have players of sufficient quality to maintain a style of football. We havent learned how to grind out a result and football being football means sometimes thats all you can do when you go to Arsenal,chelsea or even Stoke.
      People will not forget the end to this season and if we start next season poorly then there will be trouble.
      FSG Brendan and Ayre are not a good combination.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #30842: May 26, 2015 01:52:01 pm
      His signings were ok, right uptil the end, Diouf & diao tainted a decent record. But his head was not right by the end, the job nearly killed him.
      There was also a guy named Bruno... He wasn't ok.

Quick Reply