Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3041388 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #31372: May 29, 2015 11:08:33 am
      Could be wrong but I find it very, very hard to believe that we would be going ahead with transfer business if there was even a remote chance of Rodgers getting sacked.  He's got last say on all transfers, and apparently we put a bid in for Clyne last night.  So how would that conversation go?--

"Brendan, we're about to put a bid in for Clyne---sound good to you?  Ok great, don't forget our meeting next week where we will decide whether to sack you or not."

Or.

"Jürgen, we've been tracking this kid Clyne. You fancy him for RB?"

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #31373: May 29, 2015 11:13:17 am
      I can tell you the announcement right now , Brendan Rodgers will remain on as Liverpool FC manager for the foreseeable future . God help us .

....who appointed BR and for what reason??
      The inflexible conditions FSG arranged still exist as does the need for a compliant manager; why F**k BR off when his replacement will be an FSG clone?

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #31374: May 29, 2015 11:30:38 am
      ....who appointed BR and for what reason??
      The inflexible conditions FSG arranged still exist as does the need for a compliant manager; why F**k BR off when his replacement will be an FSG clone?

That's exactly why he won't be sacked , he works within their financial restraints . A yes man for the septics who have ruined our club .

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #31375: May 29, 2015 11:41:15 am
      Well Bitter Guts as we once had a saint played for us God certainly existed then.

Partial to the taste of a bitter billy.

Yes, he was a Saint, and he bloody exists!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #31376: May 29, 2015 11:54:35 am
      That's exactly why he won't be sacked , he works within their financial restraints . A yes man for the septics who have ruined our club .

Is correct but as stated his theoretical replacement would be required to be as compliant as a condition of employment.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31377: May 29, 2015 12:01:09 pm
      Im not letting him know I fell for it but.

:D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #31378: May 29, 2015 12:04:14 pm
      Honestly cannot see them sacking Rodgers

He's their man, hand picked, so they'll give him more leeway than the King had (regardless of it that's right or not). That tells me they won't oust him after the one dodgy season, especially not after we had such a fantastic season before that.

Anyone hoping for something different are going to be mightily disappointed in my opinion.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #31379: May 29, 2015 12:29:25 pm
      Honestly cannot see them sacking Rodgers

He's their man, hand picked, so they'll give him more leeway than the King had (regardless of it that's right or not). That tells me they won't oust him after the one dodgy season, especially not after we had such a fantastic season before that.

Anyone hoping for something different are going to be mightily disappointed in my opinion.

The other side of the coin is let JWH&Co continue their denigration of what made this club what it was and let them reap the global fury of our supporters.
      Leave BR in situ with Ayres' and the transfer committee etc and let them do their worst.

The status of LFC will tumble as will it's market value, even the NESV associated sponsors will be thinking about jumping ship.
      This "long term plan" might be more beneficial to LFC than the one FSG have in mind.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #31380: May 29, 2015 12:38:26 pm
      The other side of the coin is let JWH&Co continue their denigration of what made this club what it was and let them reap the global fury of our supporters.
      Leave BR in situ with Ayres' and the transfer committee etc and let them do their worst.

The status of LFC will tumble as will it's market value, even the NESV associated sponsors will be thinking about jumping ship.
      This "long term plan" might be more beneficial to LFC than the one FSG have in mind.
      This is what I don't understand about them. Surely us being successful makes us a lot bigger catch for future sales? Yet they seem to be doing everything in their power to get us relegated.

Scrap the TC
      Get rid of Ayres
      Loosen the purse strings a bit more
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #31381: May 29, 2015 12:53:16 pm
      Undervaluing players again? Is there not better options abroad? Etc etc etc...... Well, what did I say - I was lambasted by a couple here for slating FSG carrying on as if nothing has happened, and not even a week after the worst performance and few months in our history, we're up to our old tricks again in the transfer market.

Like I said, nothing will remotely change. Wankers.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31382: May 29, 2015 01:04:59 pm

2 FSG have made NO statement to quell any rumours which means it all hangs on June 3rd Meeting and June 4th Press Announcement.

Yea, would think so too ( though guess you never know)
      FSG strike me as people who like meeting face-to-face, going through the details (as much as they can understand them) and weighing up their options in a calculated way.
      True they took their time selecting BR and can't get away from the fact that he is 'their man', but at the same time reckon they have a bunch of boxes they want ticking, and if THEY feel it's best BR should go, don't think loyalty will stand in their way.
      Just have to wait and see...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #31383: May 29, 2015 01:38:43 pm
      This is what I don't understand about them. Surely us being successful makes us a lot bigger catch for future sales? Yet they seem to be doing everything in their power to get us relegated.

Scrap the TC
      Get rid of Ayres
      Loosen the purse strings a bit more

Scrapping the tc and giving Ayres the bullet along with a less rigid economic strategy would destroy the preferred LFC model that FSG see as an ideal.

JWH&Co acquired the club for a song knowing it could be self-sufficient once the damage inflicted by the previous charlatans could be corrected.

LFC is a perfectly marketable entity for those same reasons and if a moderate PL campaign is achieved presents a viable profit making vehicle for NESV; JWH has stated he will not use his own money to bolster the club, laughing and all the way to the bank come to mind.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31384: May 29, 2015 02:52:54 pm
      Using this poll and any other that is being currently run ;  Rodgers position and continuance as manager of our club is untenable.

Supporters know it   sponsors are aware of it.

Imagine the scenario next week if we are told that Rodgers is staying.

FSG will be alienated from all angles.   Do they care though?

Hicks and Gillet will have been a walk in the park compared to that meltdown.   
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #31385: May 29, 2015 03:06:36 pm
      Using this poll and any other that is being currently run ;  Rodgers position and continuance as manager of our club is untenable.

Supporters know it   sponsors are aware of it.

Imagine the scenario next week if we are told that Rodgers is staying.

FSG will be alienated from all angles.   Do they care though?

Hicks and Gillet will have been a walk in the park compared to that meltdown.   

With H&G, we all knew the end was coming.

But FSG's strategy is beginning to look worryingly like Mike Ashley. Refusing to pay top dollar for the odd talent here and there (we're not asking to break the bank balance, we're asking you to stop investing in sh*te and throw it all towards a marquee player), investing in youth for resale value.... I shudder to think. Where does it end? Nobody knows.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #31386: May 29, 2015 03:14:16 pm
      With H&G, we all knew the end was coming.

But FSG's strategy is beginning to look worryingly like Mike Ashley. Refusing to pay top dollar for the odd talent here and there (we're not asking to break the bank balance, we're asking you to stop investing in sh*te and throw it all towards a marquee player), investing in youth for resale value.... I shudder to think. Where does it end? Nobody knows.

I'm not sure FSG are not willing to throw top dollar as you say, look at the links to Benteke £30M+

The problem for me is that the extent of our scouting for fucks sake there must be a lot of talent out there for that amount of cash, have we enquired about Lazazette, Icardi or Vietto both of whom would be less expensive.

What we are missing is an experienced football man who knows his way around Europe and S America, and stop all this raiding of relegation fodder teams.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #31387: May 29, 2015 03:30:15 pm
      I'm not sure FSG are not willing to throw top dollar as you say, look at the links to Benteke £30M+

The problem for me is that the extent of our scouting for fucks sake there must be a lot of talent out there for that amount of cash, have we enquired about Lazazette, Icardi or Vietto both of whom would be less expensive.

What we are missing is an experienced football man who knows his way around Europe and S America, and stop all this raiding of relegation fodder teams.

It appears you absolve FSG of any responsibility for the incompetence of their appointees that make up the transfer committee.
      It is also apparent that you believe the owners lash £20m+ intermittently at the tc to do with as they wish.
      In other words FSG have little or no control over the finances with LFC.

Much the same picture H&G presented before the bubble burst.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #31388: May 29, 2015 03:39:32 pm
      Every time I look at the poll, I'm sure the pro-Rodgers support increases a little
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #31389: May 29, 2015 04:14:42 pm
      It appears you absolve FSG of any responsibility for the incompetence of their appointees that make up the transfer committee.
      It is also apparent that you believe the owners lash £20m+ intermittently at the tc to do with as they wish.
      In other words FSG have little or no control over the finances with LFC.

Much the same picture H&G presented before the bubble burst.

If you bothered to read what I wrote then you would have understood that I blame them for not having a experienced football man at the helm.

But that's going to be difficult for you as you seem to be on auto pilot with the same statement you seem to post in every thread.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #31390: May 29, 2015 04:20:44 pm
      So, it seems we are shopping at ALdi Southampton again :(

Why can't we go across Europe and get something better.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #31391: May 29, 2015 04:26:44 pm

Because our scouts - Andy Hunter, Dave Fallows and Mike Edwards - are all Sunday League non-entities.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6356 
      Reply #31392: May 29, 2015 04:28:34 pm

Who would you say that's better than Clyne that's available and not from England? Just curious.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #31393: May 29, 2015 04:41:54 pm

Ah mate, it pisses me off no end. What da f*** is our scouting team doing? When was the last time we uncovered a hidden gem? Just watched Carlos Bacca (who cost Sevilla 7m euros) bang in two goals in the final after a 20 goals season in La Liga. Yet we pissed away 3.5m on Lambert for how many goals? I want a blend of buying a 30m+ striker and a cheap underdog...but don't trust our current scouting team to unearth these underdogs.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #31394: May 29, 2015 04:49:09 pm
      we did actually buy a fullback from Sevilla last season for 12 million quid, and I think he's a worse defender than me (I'm 49 in Sept). Just because previous transfers from Southampton didn't work out, it doesn't necessarily follow than another one won't. It doesn't follow that they will either, but you get my drift.

When you add in that lallana and the future captain will no doubt improve next season, Clyne looks like a sensible purchase to me. Put it this way, he absolutely walks into "first team regular" status from game one, so he can't be all bad.

Quick Reply