Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200146 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #20332: May 26, 2015 02:19:32 am
      Read that BR will keep his job and that Benteke is our top target. No sense signing him unless BR changes his style. We would need to adopt a more structured and organized approach to properly utilize his strengths. It just seems like a complete switch in direction from the type of players BR has been targeting for the last 3 years....
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #20333: May 26, 2015 11:24:06 am
      Read that BR will keep his job and that Benteke is our top target. No sense signing him unless BR changes his style. We would need to adopt a more structured and organized approach to properly utilize his strengths. It just seems like a complete switch in direction from the type of players BR has been targeting for the last 3 years....

I cant even bring myself to type anything reasonable on BR's 'strategy' for next season if Benteke is our 'top target'. Benteke, Ings, Milner.. what next?! Who the f**k are our scouts??

This only points to a flat 4-4-2 with the wingers from Benfica or a 4-4-2 diamond in most of the games, Coutinho behind the strikers, Hendo and Lallana as the runners, and Milner as our 'trequartista:-\

Oh dear..  :depressed:
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #20334: May 26, 2015 01:16:00 pm
      I cant even bring myself to type anything reasonable on BR's 'strategy' for next season if Benteke is our 'top target'. Benteke, Ings, Milner.. what next?! Who the f**k are our scouts??

This only points to a flat 4-4-2 with the wingers from Benfica or a 4-4-2 diamond in most of the games, Coutinho behind the strikers, Hendo and Lallana as the runners, and Milner as our 'trequartista:-\

Oh dear..  :depressed:

I've no problem with Benteke being our top target. I think he'd be an absolute monster in a Mourinho team!! I just don't have faith that BR will be able to get the best out of him....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #20335: May 26, 2015 01:20:30 pm
      Spunk every cent we have on Peter Cech plus a commanding centre half plus a top class striker and an orchestrator from midfield. We can sign all the wingers and full backs we want but we wont do anything without getting the spine sorted
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #20336: May 26, 2015 02:05:20 pm
      Spunk every cent we have on Peter Cech plus a commanding centre half

I wouldn't waste a single penny on a keeper or CB Bri.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #20337: May 26, 2015 06:48:41 pm

Wisdom, Toure and Flano signing new deals plus us holding on to Manquillo for another year probably means no investment in defence.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #20338: May 26, 2015 06:50:59 pm
      Wisdon, Toure and Flano signing new deals plus us holding on to Manquillo for another year probably means no investment in defence.

Rightly so.

Enough money has been thrown on the defense at the neglect of the forward positions.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #20339: May 26, 2015 10:09:42 pm

Really mate? Can't see us moving fwd without either being filled
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #20340: May 26, 2015 10:52:32 pm
      We've spent about 60m on the defence under Rodgers and we're still as sh*te at defending as we were the first day he took over. No point wasting more money there right now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #20341: May 26, 2015 10:55:14 pm
      Really mate? Can't see us moving fwd without either being filled

See Chats post above Brian.

I think the keeper is fine and I also think we have enough defenders at the club to set up an 11 that will concede less goals than it has this season.

We need forwards and we need goals in the side and with our limited budget I want all of it, or as much of it as is possibl, going on strikers not another £15M-£20M CB who will be used the dame as the one's we already have.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #20342: May 26, 2015 11:46:40 pm
      We need a f**king right back, and chuck a left back in there too.
      The whole reason we are forced into a back 3, which teams exploit when they have width, is because we have no fullbacks who can actually defend, except Flanno who will be out for half of next season.
      The amount of points Moreno, Can, Sterling, Ibe, Henderson, Lallana have lost us when playing in the fullback/wing back roles is a joke. Screw this 3 at the back, we don't have any players who are naturally suited to it (other than Moreno who can't defend) and end up playing 3-5 players from the starting 11, out of position.
      We should also send Sakho and Skrtz on holiday together, they need to build and understanding with each other when it comes to set pieces. They both have the physicality to handle the Costa's/Benteke's/Lukaku's of this league.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #20343: May 27, 2015 12:27:37 am
      We need a f**king right back, and chuck a left back in there too.
      The whole reason we are forced into a back 3, which teams exploit when they have width, is because we have no fullbacks who can actually defend, except Flanno who will be out for half of next season.
      The amount of points Moreno, Can, Sterling, Ibe, Henderson, Lallana have lost us when playing in the fullback/wing back roles is a joke. Screw this 3 at the back, we don't have any players who are naturally suited to it (other than Moreno who can't defend) and end up playing 3-5 players from the starting 11, out of position.
      We should also send Sakho and Skrtz on holiday together, they need to build and understanding with each other when it comes to set pieces. They both have the physicality to handle the Costa's/Benteke's/Lukaku's of this league.

Ummm.... Did you miss the run from January to March where we went unbeaten in the league with a back 3? We looked far more comfortable, organized, and composed at the back when playing this system. True, we were undone by a few of the better sides but it doesn't change the fact that we leaked fewer goals with a back 3 than a back 4....
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #20344: May 27, 2015 01:06:25 am
      Ummm.... Did you miss the run from January to March where we went unbeaten in the league with a back 3? We looked far more comfortable, organized, and composed at the back when playing this system. True, we were undone by a few of the better sides but it doesn't change the fact that we leaked fewer goals with a back 3 than a back 4....

Its predictable, and we had no other option. We we're forced into playing 3 at the back because the fullbacks we have, can't play in a back 4 and need an extra man inside. If we don't sign any fullbacks this summer, we loose advantage over other teams - we wont be able to adapt the shape when needed.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #20345: May 27, 2015 02:39:04 am
      Its predictable, and we had no other option. We we're forced into playing 3 at the back because the fullbacks we have, can't play in a back 4 and need an extra man inside. If we don't sign any fullbacks this summer, we loose advantage over other teams - we wont be able to adapt the shape when needed.

There's always other options, but Rodgers prefers to play 1 or 0 defensive midfielders :p I'm sure if Lucas/Allen & Hendo sitting with 4 at the back throughout the season, we wouldn't leak as much. Rather than our players being relegation standard, I see it more as a tactical/setup problem.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #20346: May 27, 2015 04:04:14 am
      There's always other options, but Rodgers prefers to play 1 or 0 defensive midfielders :p I'm sure if Lucas/Allen & Hendo sitting with 4 at the back throughout the season, we wouldn't leak as much. Rather than our players being relegation standard, I see it more as a tactical/setup problem.

I have to agree. Look at the personnel we had two seasons ago when our defense was pretty solid. And now we have added to that list bar Agger and Carra leaving. I don't believe it is fully on the players. I think setup and tactics definitely play a key role in it as well.

Also after that season is when Pepe left and Mignolet came in. Could a contributing factor also be that Mignolet is a terrible leader in the back? Maybe so.
      boy blue
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #20347: May 27, 2015 04:55:58 am
       :f_wah: I feel used. To think I spent all this $$ to go to grad business school;and knowing I am getting piped, yet I come back for more. LFC has a budget! They want to buy English! That's their competitive advantage or disadvantage. The problem is English may not e glamorous enough. Maybe the English ice is not cold enough!!!!!

2013 Bo Sox World Series Champs - please find a parallel in the present LFC. If you can't, there is a reason. LFC just does not have the studs!!!

Jarod Saltalamacchia
      Mike Napoli
      Dustin Predroia
      Jacoy Ellsbury
      Shayne Victorino
      David Ortiz

Ask FSG. They know what I am talking about. If you buy local, but have a manager with Barcelona dreams, it still doesn't work. Figure out who you are, or who you want to be ....or else, get a therapist!
      boy blue
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #20348: May 27, 2015 05:02:21 am
      Your defense is still solid. Your manager is not flexible. There obviously is something wrong with him working with the committee. Too bad Balotelli, Borini, Lambert all have to suffer for it. Grow up gentlemen. It is not about a committee....it is about the product you're selling - which is not too good right now....bummer!

We have to suffer your power struggle
      boy blue
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #20349: May 27, 2015 05:07:10 am
      You can easily play a decent 4-4-2 if your manager wants to play it. He definitely won't lose 6-1!

Mignolet
      Manquilo - Skertl- Sakho - Moreno
      Sterling- Henderson - Can - Coutinho (Markovic)
      Balotelli - Lambert

Nota bad team!
      boy blue
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #20350: May 27, 2015 05:08:15 am
      Ego! Ego! Ego! Whose? Hmmmmmm
      boy blue
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #20351: May 27, 2015 05:14:30 am
      The full backs you have are fine. They need a manager who believes in them.....sports is psychology! Stop blaming the players.....it is like blaming the first mate on the Titanic......
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20352: May 27, 2015 09:40:56 am
      So we could end up with these strikers.....

1) Studger
      2) Benteke
      3) Ings
      4) Origi
      5) sinclair
      6) Yesil

instead of..

1) Sterling (winger out of position)
      2) nobody or false 9. ;D.
      3) Studger
      4) Balo
      5) Lambo
      6) Borini

IMO. it's better, and let's be honest can't be any worse can it. But it's still not the top top world class strike force we crave. 3 young full internationals and 3 promising youngsters.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20353: May 27, 2015 10:25:42 am
      The full backs you have are fine. They need a manager who believes in them.....sports is psychology! Stop blaming the players.....it is like blaming the first mate on the Titanic......

The full backs we have are fine? Moreno - can't defend, Enrique - always injured, Johnson - no need to explain, Manquillo - poor going forward. Yes, our full backs are fine  :roll:

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20354: May 27, 2015 03:43:17 pm
      :f_wah: I feel used. To think I spent all this $$ to go to grad business school;and knowing I am getting piped, yet I come back for more. LFC has a budget! They want to buy English! That's their competitive advantage or disadvantage. The problem is English may not e glamorous enough. Maybe the English ice is not cold enough!!!!!

2013 Bo Sox World Series Champs - please find a parallel in the present LFC. If you can't, there is a reason. LFC just does not have the studs!!!

Jarod Saltalamacchia
      Mike Napoli
      Dustin Predroia
      Jacoy Ellsbury
      Shayne Victorino
      David Ortiz

Ask FSG. They know what I am talking about. If you buy local, but have a manager with Barcelona dreams, it still doesn't work. Figure out who you are, or who you want to be ....or else, get a therapist!

we know who we are its those idiots in boston have the personality issues

Quick Reply