Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4201029 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #22747: Nov 12, 2015 10:25:32 pm

I'd rather Ter Stegen, Hummels, Reus, Neves and Lewandowski out of those been linked  :f_whistle:

*Don't shatter my dreams ;)*
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #22748: Nov 22, 2015 08:49:15 pm
      Any chance a mod could move this to the transfer thread?

Since Klopp has been here, most of the players have cranked their game up a level or two.  Even Lovren is putting in decent showings!!  At the moment, the only 2 players I think have zero chance at a future here are Toure and Allen. 

Toure  ->  Howedes
      Allen  ->  Gundogan

We'll be in damn good shape if we can make that happen!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #22749: Nov 22, 2015 08:54:41 pm
      Any chance a mod could move this to the transfer thread?

What do you mean? This is the transfer thread isn't it?

harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #22750: Nov 22, 2015 09:00:37 pm
      What do you mean? This is the transfer thread isn't it?

I meant into the master "January Transfer" board. Just didn't want to bump a silly topic in the Kop board, but there isn't a "General Gossip" thread on that board....
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #22751: Nov 22, 2015 09:03:06 pm
      I meant into the master "January Transfer" board. Just didn't want to bump a silly topic in the Kop board, but there isn't a "General Gossip" thread on that board....

Ah okay.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #22752: Nov 24, 2015 09:14:24 pm
      Very tongue in cheek, but just goes to show how crap the internet is.

Seems you can buy anything these days.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22753: Nov 26, 2015 03:35:53 pm
      Anyone watched a lot of Casemiro from Madrid? Was reading up on him after stumbling across some disgruntled Madrid fans who were saying he should be playing in their midfield and his description looks taylor made for us - Lucas mkII with better legs.

I've never watched him play but if true that could be a good go for us if he is on the fringes and needs/wants football.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22754: Nov 26, 2015 06:11:47 pm
      Anyone watched a lot of Casemiro from Madrid? Was reading up on him after stumbling across some disgruntled Madrid fans who were saying he should be playing in their midfield and his description looks taylor made for us - Lucas mkII with better legs.

I've never watched him play but if true that could be a good go for us if he is on the fringes and needs/wants football.

Rafa is a big fan of his mate, I don't see him going anywhere. He's played 90 minutes in 5 of their last 6 league games and 90 minutes in 4 of their 5 Champions League games. The only game he hasn't featured in lately is Barca and I suspect that's because Rafa may have been proving a point to the hierarchy.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #22755: Nov 27, 2015 06:45:43 pm
      Jürgen Klopp: Mkhitaryan Up There With the Best in the World
      ​Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has dropped his biggest hint yet that he is ready to bring his former Dortmund star Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Anfield.

In his recent E-Book 'Reading The Game: A Year in Black and Yellow', the German heaped praise on him as one of the best players in the world, despite his struggles last season; where Dortmund flirted with relegation at the start of the campaign.

"When it comes down to it, 99 per cent of people would be happy to have Mkhitaryan’s problems,’ he said. ‘There is no doubt in my mind that he is one of the most talented players in the world." Klopp said.

"He possesses an incredible combination of speed and technique. There’s very, very few you can say that about."

The new man at Liverpool, who shared a close relationship with the midfielder, compared Mkhitaryan's ability and intelligence on the ball to that of a chess player, due to the strategy and forward thinking involved.

"There’s a reason why the world’s best chess players come from Armenia like Mkhitaryan. Yes, other countries product chess players, but Armenia produces far more than could reasonably expect.

"They’re thinkers, they’re hard workers, they graft. And if things aren’t working out, then the problem lies with you somewhere - you start to blame yourself."

Klopp has made a good start to life at Liverpool, with famous away wins over Chelsea and Manchester City giving his side momentum in their bid to return to the top four. With the former Dortmund boss rumoured to be on the lookout for players who could improve his side, Mkhitaryan could certainly be one of those players when you consider how highly he rates him.

http://www.90min.com/posts/2752667-Jürgen-klopp-mkhitaryan-up-there-with-the-best-in-the-world?a_aid=36196
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #22756: Nov 27, 2015 07:20:44 pm
      I honestly believe that last nights game , convinced Jürgen that Mignolet needs F***ing right off.

Enough is enough. This keeper of ours is a liability . Whenever he is put under pressure , he panics . He actually looks terrified in the tunnel before a game , so F**k knows what his defence are thinking when they look at him.

Wana win? Gotta be ruthless. Give Bogdan a run and put a bid in fir BUTLAND. A keeper who could be our number 1 for 15 yrs.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #22757: Nov 27, 2015 07:41:27 pm
      Jürgen Klopp: Mkhitaryan Up There With the Best in the World
      ​Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has dropped his biggest hint yet that he is ready to bring his former Dortmund star Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Anfield.

In his recent E-Book 'Reading The Game: A Year in Black and Yellow', the German heaped praise on him as one of the best players in the world, despite his struggles last season; where Dortmund flirted with relegation at the start of the campaign.

"When it comes down to it, 99 per cent of people would be happy to have Mkhitaryan’s problems,’ he said. ‘There is no doubt in my mind that he is one of the most talented players in the world." Klopp said.

"He possesses an incredible combination of speed and technique. There’s very, very few you can say that about."

The new man at Liverpool, who shared a close relationship with the midfielder, compared Mkhitaryan's ability and intelligence on the ball to that of a chess player, due to the strategy and forward thinking involved.

"There’s a reason why the world’s best chess players come from Armenia like Mkhitaryan. Yes, other countries product chess players, but Armenia produces far more than could reasonably expect.

"They’re thinkers, they’re hard workers, they graft. And if things aren’t working out, then the problem lies with you somewhere - you start to blame yourself."

Klopp has made a good start to life at Liverpool, with famous away wins over Chelsea and Manchester City giving his side momentum in their bid to return to the top four. With the former Dortmund boss rumoured to be on the lookout for players who could improve his side, Mkhitaryan could certainly be one of those players when you consider how highly he rates him.

http://www.90min.com/posts/2752667-Jürgen-klopp-mkhitaryan-up-there-with-the-best-in-the-world?a_aid=36196

Probably written before Jürgen arrived at Liverpool though Diego? As such, we're seeing for ourselves that Jürgen isn't exactly shy at praising up his own players to boost their confidence, I wouldn't read too much into it. That said, Mikkiwhatsisface does look like a good player.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22758: Nov 27, 2015 07:52:42 pm

Are Liverpool FC still pining after Henrikh Mkhitaryan, two years after he turned them down?

That's according to today's rumour mill, as reports this morning suggest the Reds have even agreed a fee for the Armenian forward.

The Reds wanted to bring Mkhitaryan to Anfield in the summer of 2013, but he later plumped for Dortmund as Liverpool failed to agree a deal with the 26-year-old.

A fee of £15m is being mooted, with the player's agent, Mino Raiola, reportedly indicating that his client wants a move away from Dortmund.

“Henrikh wants to leave Dortmund at the end of the season. We will have to wait and see what we can do,” he said.

Was in the Echo in August last .

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-rumours-reds-9915266
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #22759: Nov 27, 2015 08:12:15 pm
      Probably written before Jürgen arrived at Liverpool though Diego? As such, we're seeing for ourselves that Jürgen isn't exactly shy at praising up his own players to boost their confidence, I wouldn't read too much into it. That said, Mikkiwhatsisface does look like a good player.

Yeah maybe so. It's not exactly a transfer rumour, just a manager praising a player he has signed, and journalists trying to make the most of it.

I for one like the player a lot and think he would be a great addition, though I have no idea how Klopp would fit Coutinho, Mikhi and Firmino in the team
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #22760: Nov 28, 2015 12:32:37 am
      though I have no idea how Klopp would fit Coutinho, Mikhi and Firmino in the team

A decision like that is what this club needs again. Been too many average, run of the mill players at this club for far too long now so it would be great to see us have quality players competing for their place. Rafa wanted 2 top class players for each position and that is something you need to become a force. Look at Barca, they have countless players in the same positions but they make it work. Much better having to choose between players like that then just generally scraping by with the likes of Allen etc.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #22761: Nov 28, 2015 12:57:33 pm
      A decision like that is what this club needs again. Been too many average, run of the mill players at this club for far too long now so it would be great to see us have quality players competing for their place. Rafa wanted 2 top class players for each position and that is something you need to become a force. Look at Barca, they have countless players in the same positions but they make it work. Much better having to choose between players like that then just generally scraping by with the likes of Allen etc.

Totally agreed mate. That's the ultimately different between LFC and the world's top club.

Please people imagine, in 2008/2009 season if we just add the like of Aguero or Silva or Vidic to that team, by common sense, we win the title. Or in 2013/2014 if we just have 3-4 top quality players in the spine of that team it could be total different story.

The club must think and act like the winner. Not satisfy just the way the team over perform and happy with it thinking that form and luck will continue to the end, that way is the fool not the winner.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22762: Nov 28, 2015 02:20:44 pm
      Think we need 4 positions sorting out in defence before buying a player in our strongest position.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #22763: Nov 28, 2015 06:05:04 pm
      Hmm... Mickthearmenian is not one to have the 'friends of Dorothy' Reds having a pokey bum w*nk over it seems (I guess he's not sexy enough).

A fine footballer tho' and would be a good addition to any team with footballing ambition.
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1635 
      Reply #22764: Nov 29, 2015 08:29:52 pm
      Well the official Henrickh Mkhitaryan (remember him?!) Instagram has just liked my Instagram post about Liverpool....he's obviously moving to Liverpool, heard it here first :D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #22765: Nov 29, 2015 09:04:53 pm
      Well the official Henrickh Mkhitaryan (remember him?!) Instagram has just liked my Instagram post about Liverpool....he's obviously moving to Liverpool, heard it here first :D

A bit like Depay liking someone's post on FB about him joining us before :p

Anyway, didn't his agent take a swipe at Klopp and said he had been playing his client out of position? And now under the new manager, He is more comfortable playing in his natural role?
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1635 
      Reply #22766: Nov 29, 2015 09:16:21 pm
      A bit like Depay liking someone's post on FB about him joining us before :p

Anyway, didn't his agent take a swipe at Klopp and said he had been playing his client out of position? And now under the new manager, He is more comfortable playing in his natural role?

No idea mate, I hadn't heard the guys name since he was linked to us and I've never so much as watched a YouTube video of him, but thought I'd share about him liking a post about Liverpool!

But I'd imagine between now and Jan, we will be getting linked with every player in the Dortmund squad.
      livingreds
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #22767: Nov 30, 2015 02:30:54 pm
      No idea mate, I hadn't heard the guys name since he was linked to us and I've never so much as watched a YouTube video of him, but thought I'd share about him liking a post about Liverpool!

But I'd imagine between now and Jan, we will be getting linked with every player in the Dortmund squad.

Think Klopp will only get those players that Dortmund that not playing at the moment, like subotic.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22768: Dec 01, 2015 07:30:10 am
      Linked to Butland from Stoke. Outstanding season so far, best keeper in the league on form for me except for maybe De Gea.

But Hughes says £20m isnt enough probably. F**k that.

Hope Jürgen has an option in Germany like Karius who has been linked before for £6m. No idea who he is though.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22769: Dec 01, 2015 10:41:50 am
      Stoke would be stupid to sell Butland IMO. £20m for him though :D let's calm it a bit, he's only played a handful of games.

Quick Reply