Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Should we sell or keep Sturridge? (Summer 2017)

Sell.
      26 (25.5%)
      Keep.
      57 (55.9%)
      Not bothered.
      19 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Daniel Sturridge (Contract Expired)

Read 494657 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Daniel Sturridge Player Thread
      Reply #1219: Apr 16, 2014 12:42:18 pm
      I too think he will be out for the season, unfortunately.

Back in time for Newcastle at best I would imagine, he'll want to be fit for the World Cup.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1220: Apr 16, 2014 02:26:52 pm
      I've also noticed that it runs hot and cold.  Sometimes they play together like two puzzle pieces locking in, Sunderland away comes to mind, each had an assist for the other, or Stoke away, same thing.  Cardiff away, that backheel from Sturridge was glorious, Suarez's cross a little later on also beautiful.  When they are on the same page, they're unstoppable.  But when they aren't on the same page it causes issues---my point is simply that Sturridge seems to suffer more from it.  If they are indeed "soloists," then I think we can fairly say that Suarez is a better soloist than Sturridge. 

And yes I did notice a few weeks ago when Rodgers said in one of the post-games that they aren't a partnership, they are two individual "soloists."  I thought that was a bit odd.

Not odd at all. What's odd is you saying not that long ago that Rodgers wasn't fit for the job. Analyse that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1221: Apr 16, 2014 02:27:38 pm
      I will be shocked if Danny isn't back for the game against Chelsea.

Shocked.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1222: Apr 16, 2014 02:38:14 pm
      We have 2 great strikers in Suarez and Sturridge and the brilliant thing is that both of them are equally capable of playing as the lone striker.
      Come on Luis time to shine even brighter, if that's possible.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,208 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1223: Apr 16, 2014 02:40:48 pm
      Say to the media hes out for the season, then Sunday week oops there he is oops there he is, cracking in the first against the c**ts.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #1224: Apr 16, 2014 02:48:43 pm
      Who needs Sturridge when you have Iago Aspas
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1225: Apr 16, 2014 02:57:24 pm
      Who needs Sturridge when you have Iago Aspas
      Liverpool FC.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1226: Apr 16, 2014 03:01:42 pm
      Baffling how anyone can come in here and conjure up a diatribe towards Daniel Sturridge on the back of one or two off performances. We're not even close to the position we are in -- first place with 4 matches remaining -- without Sturridge.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,221 posts | 4919 
      Reply #1227: Apr 16, 2014 03:08:57 pm
      Baffling how anyone can come in here and conjure up a diatribe towards Daniel Sturridge on the back of one or two off performances. We're not even close to the position we are in -- first place with 4 matches remaining -- without Sturridge.

Maybe he thought it was the Borini thread.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1228: Apr 16, 2014 03:36:58 pm
      Maybe he thought it was the Borini thread.

Or Lucas ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1229: Apr 16, 2014 03:43:05 pm
      This kid has something, unshakable believe.

If he was to do nothing else but to impart that
      believe on to others in the dressing room that would
      be massive.

To do it while being the second most
      prolific striker in the league is fantastic.

That he is only second to one of our own tells
      you all you need to know about this season.

I love when himself and Suarez are at each other.
      Roar at each other, shout, complain, spur each
      other on to be the best F***ing strike force this
      league has seen in a long time.

Breathe it in you negative fucks.
      This kid has been immense this season.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #1230: Apr 16, 2014 03:53:05 pm
      This kid has something, unshakable believe.

If he was to do nothing else but to impart that
      believe on to others in the dressing room that would
      be massive.

To do it while being the second most
      prolific striker in the league is fantastic.

That he is only second to one of our own tells
      you all you need to know about this season.

I love when himself and Suarez are at each other.
      Roar at each other, shout, complain, spur each
      other on to be the best f**king strike force this
      league has seen in a long time.

Breathe it in you negative fucks.
      This kid has been immense this season.

There is absolutely no question about it that he is a very very talented player and he showed it this season by scoring some fantastic individual goals. However, my only concern is that sometimes he puts himself first and his ego stops him from being one of the best strikers in the world. He makes me furious with his decision making at times because he tries to beat the defender instead of playing a pass to his teammates. For instance against Everton when both Henderson and Suarez had a go at him for not passing the ball, or even against Man City when he had Suarez wide open instead he tried to play for the penalty and a minute later Man City equalized.

However, to derail him because he had a dip in form is ridiculous, he is still a talented player who went through 2 or 3 bad games and I really hope he is fit for the game against Chelsea because we need our best players fit for the most crucial games this season
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1231: Apr 16, 2014 03:57:11 pm
      However, to derail him because he had a dip in form is ridiculous, he is still a talented player who went through 2 or 3 bad games and I really hope he is fit for the game against Chelsea because we need our best players fit for the most crucial games this season

Nobody slated Suarez when he had a dip.
      We just looked forward to him hitting form again.
      Sturridge deserves the same patience.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #1232: Apr 16, 2014 04:04:52 pm
      100% racer
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1233: Apr 16, 2014 04:38:32 pm
      Liverpool FC statement soon telling us Studge could be on the bench for Norwich

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 5m

Liverpool hopeful that Daniel Sturridge could still be involved against Norwich. Good news for #LFC fans

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/161257-daniel-sturridge-injury-latest
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1234: Apr 16, 2014 04:42:48 pm
       Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 9m
      Liverpool say they'll give Daniel Sturridge " every opportunity" to prove his fitness for their game against Norwich City on Sunday.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #1235: Apr 16, 2014 04:58:51 pm
      Liverpool FC statement soon telling us Studge could be on the bench for Norwich

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 5m

Liverpool hopeful that Daniel Sturridge could still be involved against Norwich. Good news for #LFC fans

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/161257-daniel-sturridge-injury-latest

This is great news...Even if we rest him against Norwich thats OK. I thought it may be much more serious and missing a few games would have been more worrying.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #1236: Apr 16, 2014 05:51:30 pm
      I'd rather we just rested him unless he is absolutely essential. Don't want to risk doing more damage and losing him for the rest of the run in.

I think we can handle Norwich without him and I fully expect Suarez to have a word with him.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1237: Apr 16, 2014 06:42:18 pm
      Well this is as good a piece of news as I could have hoped on Danny.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1238: Apr 16, 2014 08:09:54 pm
      Not odd at all. What's odd is you saying not that long ago that Rodgers wasn't fit for the job.

When did I ever say that?

The worst criticism I have ever given of Rodgers was when we went to Arsenal away last season, went 2-0 up, then parked the bus in the second half.  That is what small clubs do.  Not Liverpool Football Club.  It was embarrassing.  Not to mention a poor tactical decision as we ended up drawing when we should have won.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1239: Apr 16, 2014 08:29:47 pm
      When did I ever say that?

The worst criticism I have ever given of Rodgers was when we went to Arsenal away last season, went 2-0 up, then parked the bus in the second half.  That is what small clubs do.  Not Liverpool Football Club.  It was embarrassing.  Not to mention a poor tactical decision as we ended up drawing when we should have won.

Apologies you didn't say that, that was another one. But I do find it hard to believe. You did call him something along the lines of an 'insecure little man' didn't you? What next? Calling Jordan Henderson an 'awful footballer'? Also in the context we were fortunate to be 2-0 up in that match anyway. Get the f**k over that match.  Your irrationality knows no bounds. I also notice you've been conspicuous in your absence during this 10 match winning streak - maybe you're a masochist and you only like pain and struggle?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,208 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1240: Apr 16, 2014 08:37:10 pm
      If hes fit start him, if it goes it goes. No point in having him on the bench where he has a greater chance of injuring it coming on.

No point saying "its only Norwich" Norwich are now the biggest side in the league for us. Safe him for Chelsea and he could pull up in training next week or after 5 minutes against Chelsea
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1241: Apr 16, 2014 08:47:17 pm
      Not quite sure what to make of Sturridge.  Against City he was very, very poor.  And when he is poor, it seems like those "worst" qualities that we all feared when he came from Chelsea all start pouring back.  Being selfish.  Making poor decisions.  There were times where he got the ball and just looked down and ahead, like he had blinders on and knew right away he wasn't even going to think about passing.  On his day he is absolutely brilliant.  But as of late it has been really inconsistent.  Suarez has his bad days but even then, when he's not on form, he can still pull magic out of a hat.  Whereas with Sturridge, if everything is going wrong, it just seems to go from bad to worse.

I really believe that however good Sturridge is, Sterling has the potential to be even better.  Sterling has just been unstoppable these last few months and really, every time he gets the ball you expect something to happen.  Honestly, if we can get a world class attacking player like Konoplyanka in the summer, I would rather see us start next season with a front three of Konoplyanka, Suarez, and Sterling.  We know Suarez can play as a central striker---in fact it's probably his best position.  I just don't think Sturridge has shown yet that we can depend on him game in and game out, like Suarez has, and like Sterling is doing now.
      You're a right nutter mate , he has a bad game and all of a sudden it's drop him for some Ukrainian that doesn't play for us .

Quick Reply