Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool > FC Barcelona)

Read 401280 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Philippe Coutinho Player Thread
      Reply #1794: Sep 25, 2015 10:35:06 am
      To me he's playing like a player who's trying to earn a move, but he's over thinking everything and playing for himself, he should just go back to his natural game, not over complicate or over think things and he'll get back to his better form, if a bid comes in, it comes in, it gives the owners a decision to make which if recent history shows anything, Coutinho has nothing to worry about, as long as the price is right.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1795: Sep 25, 2015 10:58:49 am
      To me he's playing like a player who's trying to earn a move, but he's over thinking everything and playing for himself, he should just go back to his natural game, not over complicate or over think things and he'll get back to his better form, if a bid comes in, it comes in, it gives the owners a decision to make which if recent history shows anything, Coutinho has nothing to worry about, as long as the price is right.

I don't think he's playing for a move. Shooting every time he gets the ball has been a part of his game since he joined us, it's just that he seems to now be getting a lot more of the ball.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1796: Sep 28, 2015 02:21:55 pm
      LFCTS ‏@LFCTS  1h1 hour ago
      Barrett - Rodgers has been urging his players to shoot more often. The idea will be to have shots when chances are created

Knew it, when Coutinho first came here he was much more about incisive passing and creative play, more recently he's shooting from the dressing room. The man doesn't have a clue, he's desperate and he's taking us down with him.

I'm convinced if a manager such as Klopp or Ancelotti took over Coutinho wouldn't be shooting almost at all and he would be one of the best players in the league because of it.

Kinda suspected this too. I feel Rodgers and the coaching team are encouraging him to become more of a match winner in the Gerrard mould and trying to turn him into something he's not.  I really do think it's hindering his progression.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1797: Oct 04, 2015 03:44:34 pm
      Excuse me, officer, I'd like to file a missing person report.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1798: Oct 04, 2015 03:46:04 pm
      Excuse me, officer, I'd like to file a missing person report.

I literally forgot he was playing until he picked the ball up towards the end.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1799: Oct 05, 2015 02:53:31 am
      F**k, Coutinho injured and pulled out of the Brazil squad. Hoping it's nothing that serious :(
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1800: Oct 05, 2015 12:23:58 pm
      F**k, Coutinho injured and pulled out of the Brazil squad. Hoping it's nothing that serious :(

Anyone know what happened?

Could be a blessing in disguise, he doesn't have to travel to wherever the Brazil squad is, and he is around when Klopp gets here to start working with him right away.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1801: Oct 05, 2015 12:32:40 pm
      It must be the reason he didnt show up for yesterdays game. i love him and he's our most talented player but lets hope all this Barca talk is not distracting  him as he really did nothing yesterday and seemed to vanish almost forgot he was playing at times. Lets hope its just a knock and he's back on form for spurs in 2 weeks.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1802: Oct 06, 2015 02:47:26 am
      It must be the reason he didnt show up for yesterdays game. i love him and he's our most talented player but lets hope all this Barca talk is not distracting  him as he really did nothing yesterday and seemed to vanish almost forgot he was playing at times. Lets hope its just a knock and he's back on form for spurs in 2 weeks.

Let's hope it was just the injury. Don't know about anyone else but I believe I saw a worrying lack of commitment from him yesterday. Don't believe he gave 100%.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1803: Oct 06, 2015 09:10:55 am
      Let's hope it was just the injury. Don't know about anyone else but I believe I saw a worrying lack of commitment from him yesterday. Don't believe he gave 100%.
      agree with you on that one mate he's the fans fave and i think he knows this but v Everton he lacked the passion and agression needed in a derby game. Lets pray it was because he was carrying an injury and he's back on all cylinders v Spurs in two weeks
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1804: Oct 06, 2015 09:24:24 am
      I keep seeing these comments trying to lure Coutinho to Barca.  I get the ones coming from Neymar, I guess, but what the f**k does David Luiz have to do with it?  why does he feel the need to tap Coutinho up for Barca?  what on earth does he care??

David Luiz needs to shut up.   They both do to be honest but for some player at PSG to be saying Coutinho needs to go to Barca is just bizarre.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #1805: Oct 06, 2015 09:37:32 am
      I keep seeing these comments trying to lure Coutinho to Barca.  I get the ones coming from Neymar, I guess, but what the f**k does David Luiz have to do with it?  why does he feel the need to tap Coutinho up for Barca?  what on earth does he care??

David Luiz needs to shut up.   They both do to be honest but for some player at PSG to be saying Coutinho needs to go to Barca is just bizarre.

What's more bizarre is that Cou would clearly not be a regular at Barca he could end up being a bench warmer which would only hinder his development and thus his impact with the national team.

I don't think David Luiz is the brightest spark anyway he comes across as a bit of a clown.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1806: Oct 06, 2015 09:37:53 am

I think David Luiz was hoping that Coutinho might go to PSG not Barca mate.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1807: Oct 06, 2015 09:56:02 am
      What's more bizarre is that Cou would clearly not be a regular at Barca he could end up being a bench warmer which would only hinder his development and thus his impact with the national team.

Hate to say it mate but I do think Phil would start at Barca.  He would absolutely start over Sergi Roberto and El Haddadi or however you spell his name.  Iniesta isn't going to stay at the top for much longer so it would probably be a midfield three with Rakitic, Masch and Phil.  Or Rakitic, Busquets and Phil. 

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1808: Oct 06, 2015 10:53:27 am
      We're probably too late now, but we should have a stab at getting him off that daft contract that he signed a year or so ago. I've said it many times, but 70K per week for a player of his quality is a joke and we are asking for someone to turn his head. While we're at it (doubling his money) we could stick in a 50 million quid buy out clause.

Like I said, probably too late now but it's worth a go.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1809: Oct 06, 2015 11:04:48 am
      We're probably too late now, but we should have a stab at getting him off that daft contract that he signed a year or so ago. I've said it many times, but 70K per week for a player of his quality is a joke and we are asking for someone to turn his head. While we're at it (doubling his money) we could stick in a 50 million quid buy out clause.

He'd be perfect playing in a slightly deeper role.
      Like one of the forward midfielders in a 4-3-3.
      Pushing him forward didn't work to his strengths.
      Square peg round hole stuff.

At Barca, behind their front 3 he'd be phenomenal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1810: Oct 06, 2015 11:07:56 am

Coutinho is not worth 140k a week.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1811: Oct 06, 2015 11:13:11 am

Ah right, that clears that one up then.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1812: Oct 06, 2015 12:21:19 pm
      Ah right, that clears that one up then.

???
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1813: Oct 06, 2015 12:34:56 pm

In the current market he is.
      Forget how much footballer wages may offend you.
      If Coutinho moved to United, City, PSG, Madrid, Barca etc he'd get at least that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1814: Oct 06, 2015 01:24:21 pm
      In the current market he is.
      Forget how much footballer wages may offend you.
      If Coutinho moved to United, City, PSG, Madrid, Barca etc he'd get at least that.

Where did I say footballer wages offend me? That's a new one on me.

There was outrage on here when Sterling asked for 150k.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,204 posts | 6349 
      Reply #1815: Oct 06, 2015 01:27:11 pm

You are correct, you put him with Suarez, Neymar and Messi and he's worth WAY more than that.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1816: Oct 06, 2015 01:28:04 pm
      Where did I say footballer wages offend me? That's a new one on me.

There was outrage on here when Sterling asked for 150k.

Strikes me that somebody that declares one of our best players as not being worth 140k a week doesn't really know where players wages are at right now.

Quick Reply