Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

What does YNWA mean to you?

Read 8356 times
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Feb 04, 2013 09:41:10 am
      Songwise, to me, it's our battle cry and our paean to the fallen. It never fails to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. On occasion, it has brought tears to my eyes. But it goes deeper than that for me. It reinforces the sense of LFC as more than a club; it's a family, more so than any other club around, with the exception, maybe, of Barca. It means I defend my club to the hilt and get behind the managers and players no matter who's on the pitch.

I was shocked to see Pepe Reina being referred to as a c*nt and a retard in the City post-match analysis thread. Benefit of the doubt, the post was probably written in the heat of the moment, and God knows I've had a moan about players not pulling their weight in the past. But to treat a person who has been a heartbeat of this club for so long in that way goes beyond the pale. Surely You'll Never Walk Alone, the song and the ethos, means that we look after our own, we forgive and forget, and we move on together. And we don't slam our heroes, our brothers, with insults like that.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: What does YNWA mean to you?
      Reply #1: Feb 04, 2013 09:45:16 am
      YNWA for me is like The Bible for Christians, The Quran for Muslims, Science for Atheists. It is our religion and you go to it when we feel low and weak.

However, it gives us pride and joy. It is what join all the lfc fans together.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #2: Feb 04, 2013 10:06:23 am
      Its hard to explain what it means to me but every single time i hear it the hairs go up on the back of my neck i get a shivver down my spine and  i get an unbeleivable tingleing behind my cheeks ................Its f**king ace
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3: Feb 04, 2013 11:56:48 am
      It's an Anthem of togetherness for me. 

It never fails to bring out the emotions, joy, happiness, comradeship, comfort, tears, hope.

Sung before and after the game it's telling everyone we are together in the fight, that it doesn't matter how bleak things are we'll come through it, together.

It's what set's us, Liverpool Football Club apart from the rest.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #4: Feb 04, 2013 12:51:04 pm
      Its a  very nice and beautiful song, which became the LIVERPOOL anthem, bringing people together
       apart from the ground ,  very often in  bar/pubs  instictly people put up their hands , join hands and sing along with it

YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #5: Feb 04, 2013 01:02:11 pm
      Its hard to explain what it means to me but every single time i hear it the hairs go up on the back of my neck i get a shivver down my spine and  i get an unbeleivable tingleing behind my cheeks ................Its f**king ace

Same as mate, there was no better feeling than standing in the original Kop and belting it out with one voice, an inspiring experience everytime.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #6: Feb 04, 2013 01:08:49 pm
      It means...

You'll
      Never
      Walk
      Alone

For me, at least.  :f_tongueincheek:
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #7: Feb 04, 2013 01:31:19 pm
      It means...

You'll
      Never
      Walk
      Alone

For me, at least.  :f_tongueincheek:

I agree.  It means what it says.  We support the team through thick and thin.  Whenever they play we are there willing them on, encouraging them to fight on and supporting them when it doesn't go to plan.

As long as I breath they will never walk alone.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #8: Feb 04, 2013 03:48:01 pm
      It means everything : ) the best song ever
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Reply #9: Feb 04, 2013 10:26:19 pm
      Means everything to me. Can never get through it without getting emotionally choked. Makes the hairs on the back of my kneck stand up. Strangely enough it does the same to my lad.  I know we're not alone, (excuse the pun) perhaps it does to everyone.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #10: Feb 04, 2013 10:40:18 pm
      It's an Anthem of togetherness for me. 

It never fails to bring out the emotions, joy, happiness, comradeship, comfort, tears, hope.

Sung before and after the game it's telling everyone we are together in the fight, that it doesn't matter how bleak things are we'll come through it, together.

It's what set's us, Liverpool Football Club apart from the rest.

Are you a mind reader reddebs?. That is about 99.9% of what i was about to type. Thank you for saving me the effort.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #11: Feb 04, 2013 11:01:28 pm
      As we faced humiliation in front of the watching planet in 2005 this song didn't announce the impending comeback but it did say that whatever happened the players would not walk alone. The players could walk out with their heads held high. This was one of the key moments in the song's history. I wish more fans would realise that living by this song is what makes our club different.
      The other key period was 1989 when the whole club walked together as one. King Kenny epitomised this in the days after with his attendance at the funerals. No-one walked alone in those dark days.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #12: Feb 05, 2013 04:58:31 am
      It's a group of people who love everything and anything about the greatest club on Earth

The lifeblood of all that is good. The soul. My soul.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #13: Feb 05, 2013 05:15:27 am
      To be singing it at the top of your voice with all your fellow Kopites around you is something truly special. The passion you can hear and feel as the fans nearly take the roof off is a feeling like no other.

Not many things choke me up but stood there singing our song every time gets me and that's how I know Liverpool Football Club is my religion and something that will never leave me.

I sadly don't have an old video recorder any more but when I did I had a video call The Kop and at the very start of it it was like an eye view of someone walking up the old steps and coming out onto the old standing terrace, all the time YNWA getting louder and louder as the camera reach the summit. That noise is the greatest sound bar none and one I'm proud to call my own.

You think LFC you think YNWA. A marriage made in Anfield.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #14: Feb 05, 2013 12:06:40 pm
      Are you a mind reader reddebs?. That is about 99.9% of what i was about to type. Thank you for saving me the effort.

You're welcome mate.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Feb 05, 2013 01:10:06 pm
      It means no matter what im behind you to the end through the good and bad

Sadly it means sweet fook all to too many now
      MsGerrard
      Reply #16: Feb 05, 2013 10:56:28 pm
      It means absolutely everything to me, pride, passion, love for my club like nothing else.

It means no matter what im behind you to the end through the good and bad

Sadly it means sweet fook all to too many now

Unfortunately Brian, you are so right my friend, sad to say xx

YNWA xx

JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #17: Feb 05, 2013 11:01:30 pm
      Simple for me.  Unconditional Love.  Once you are part of the family you are always a part of it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18: Feb 06, 2013 12:54:06 am
      Everything ...
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #19: Feb 06, 2013 05:43:52 am
      it means you should be better than the simpleton glory hunting dickheads that vent their anger instead of controlling it. i dont care who you are. if you've ever gone on the internet after a gane to let people know you hate player X or think player Y should be sold you're a pathetic c**t and a huge part of the problem with LFC.

the end of the season is for judgement and where you can offer your opinion on what you want. pull your head in if you're the kind of asshole that reevaluates our best XI every game and changes opinion on players every performance. this mentality is cheap and disgusting. it is not support it is selfish arrogant bullshit. i hate it and im sick of it. im sick of internet experts to defend their idiocy with basic lines like 'its a message board im entitled to my opinion' and 'ive followed this club since you were crawling'. F**k off. back the club and stand as one or we all fail. again back the club and stand together or we will fail.

Quick Reply