Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

When Rafa returns with Chelsea

Read 7911 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      When Rafa returns with Chelsea
      Feb 26, 2013 06:32:38 pm
      I suppose that when could become an if, if Boro do Chelsea over on Wednesday. But imagining he is still Chelsea boss come the end of April when Chelsea come to town wht kind of reception should he get?

Theres an obvious answer you might think for a man a hero to most of us. However they come to town with 5 games to go. We could be battling with them for 4th we could be battling for a Europa league place. If nothing else its Chelsea a team not one of us like. So while it would be great to afford Rafa a racous applause and a chant of his song, would it not be wrong in a way?

This is not a debate for those who want an opportunity to stick the boot in on Rafa (can not for the life of me understand reds who dislike the man) Im simmply asking in what could be a very important match would it be wrong to praise the opponents manager before or during the game, even more so with the fact we dont have a chant for our own boss.

Ideally for me would be no mention of him, beat the fookers 3 nil then at the end of the game, just before YNWA belt out his name followed by we won it 5 times
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Re: When Rafa returns with Chelsea
      Reply #1: Feb 26, 2013 06:36:21 pm
      He'll get a great reception from everyone in the ground
      Well apart from the Chelsea fans!

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Feb 26, 2013 06:37:20 pm
      He'll get a great reception from everyone in the ground
      Well apart from the Chelsea fans!

Yes but at what point? Before during after all 3?
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #3: Feb 26, 2013 06:45:05 pm
      I suppose that when could become an if, if Boro do Chelsea over on Wednesday. But imagining he is still Chelsea boss come the end of April when Chelsea come to town wht kind of reception should he get?

Theres an obvious answer you might think for a man a hero to most of us. However they come to town with 5 games to go. We could be battling with them for 4th we could be battling for a Europa league place. If nothing else its Chelsea a team not one of us like. So while it would be great to afford Rafa a racous applause and a chant of his song, would it not be wrong in a way?

This is not a debate for those who want an opportunity to stick the boot in on Rafa (can not for the life of me understand reds who dislike the man) Im simmply asking in what could be a very important match would it be wrong to praise the opponents manager before or during the game, even more so with the fact we dont have a chant for our own boss.

Ideally for me would be no mention of him, beat the fookers 3 nil then at the end of the game, just before YNWA belt out his name followed by we won it 5 times

I like this idea. We just need the right scoreline first.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Feb 26, 2013 06:46:43 pm
      I think the Anfield faithful will want to show those clueless, classless f**kers how we feel about Rafa.  Even more so if we're in a dogfight with them for European places as they could see it as us congratulating him on the hatchet job he's done  ;D

As to when, I'd say at the beginning of the game after YNWA has been sung  ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Feb 26, 2013 07:00:05 pm
      Rafa's name will be sung loud and proud from the Kop at every possible moment I'm sure.

Just as long as they follow it with " There's only one Brendan Rodgers "

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Feb 26, 2013 07:00:11 pm
      After YNWA and nothing else.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7: Feb 26, 2013 07:13:02 pm
      The simple answer is with respect, class and dignity to both Managers. Whenever the opportunity is to show respect to both then that is when it will be appropriate, there is no doubt that our support for Rafa will anger the Chelsea fans which will strangely play in our favour also.

scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #8: Feb 26, 2013 08:56:55 pm
      We'll chant his name when we're winning, and only when we're winning. How embarrassing would it be if we chant his name pre-match or during the game and then we go 1-0 down? We'll be a F***ing laughing stock for them bluenose cuntfaces. Let's stuff their sh*t team and their shitty little fans, then chant 'our' manager's name and show who the real fans are!

For the start of the game I'd rather our fans chant for Rodgers, get behind the current manager and team instead of focussing on a manager that turns up on the day as the opposition manager. Rafa's not a stupid guy, he knows regardless of the atmosphere he's loved around Liverpool and he won't read too much into it, he'll be concentrating on the 'tic-tacs' of Chelsea.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #9: Feb 26, 2013 09:10:27 pm
      I'd imagine he would get a reception befitting our best manager over the past 20 years.

Should be some good songs that game.

How embarrassing would it be if we chant his name pre-match or during the game

Not very.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #10: Feb 26, 2013 09:45:28 pm
      I'd guess Rafa will get a great reception and rightly so.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #11: Feb 26, 2013 09:46:44 pm
      We'll chant his name when we're winning, and only when we're winning. How embarrassing would it be if we chant his name pre-match or during the game and then we go 1-0 down? We'll be a F***ing laughing stock for them bluenose cuntfaces. Let's stuff their sh*t team and their shitty little fans, then chant 'our' manager's name and show who the real fans are!

For the start of the game I'd rather our fans chant for Rodgers, get behind the current manager and team instead of focussing on a manager that turns up on the day as the opposition manager. Rafa's not a stupid guy, he knows regardless of the atmosphere he's loved around Liverpool and he won't read too much into it, he'll be concentrating on the 'tic-tacs' of Chelsea.

Think I'll chant his name pre-kick-off in thanks for giving me one of the best nights of my life supporting the redmen!

And if that pisses of the rafa-haters, even better!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: Feb 26, 2013 10:21:54 pm
      He'll get a boss reception, because he deserves one.
      2 Champions League finals in 3 years.
      Number 1 ranked team in Europe.

Thanks Rafa.

Then we'll tear them a new one.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #13: Feb 26, 2013 10:27:09 pm
      Hopefully I'll be at that game.

I think the universal thinking would be that his name would be sung anyways in respect of all the good times and memories he brought us, and then we will support our own team, and manager.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #14: Feb 26, 2013 10:30:13 pm
      He should get the reception of a man who has been one of the most important men involved in the club for 15-20 years. His last season was a bad one, but in general, the club has gone backwards since he was sacked (still one of the biggest mistakes we've made for many a year) and we still haven't come close to getting back to where he got us.

How anyone who calls themself a fan can slag him off his utterly ridiculous. I love the man with all my heart and hope to see him return one day.

..."but it was his fault for Alonso leaving..."  Give it a F***ing rest.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #15: Feb 26, 2013 10:30:18 pm
      He should and will get the reception he deserves at the right moment, whenever that is.

That's if he's still there mind.

A Liverpool legend no matter what some would like the rest of us to think. There's knowledgable reds and there's also people who jumped on the bandwagon a few years ago and do not have a clue what they are talking about and don't "get us."

The cheers and applause will drown out any boos from the flag flappers and the people who claim to be reds and slate him on a daily basis will find something to moan about him the day after the game.

Thanks for the memories Rafa, you don't know what you've got til its gone and all that.

daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #16: Feb 26, 2013 10:55:44 pm
      "You only made it five rafa you only made it five rafa thank you,you made our dream come true, rafarafafa......finish it off how u want. Legend .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: Feb 26, 2013 11:15:38 pm
      Deserves a great reception and I'm sure he will get one. Always wanted whats best for the club and has always given his heart and soul to the club, not just for on the pitch but also look at his Hillsborough support!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #18: Feb 26, 2013 11:31:35 pm
      We never let our own 'walk alone'.

Rafa is one of us and even if there is no chanting of his name he is big enough to understand what he means to most of us.

After YNWA is sung out,Rafa Benitez! Rafa Benitez! will be sung and after before the final whistle goes I'm sure the same again would happen.

I'm pretty nail on Rodgers would understand our love of Rafa.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #19: Feb 26, 2013 11:41:24 pm
      How embarrassing would it be if we chant his name pre-match or during the game

Like we did with Houllier?

I can't recall that being embarrassing.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #20: Feb 27, 2013 12:15:56 am
      How about singing:

You don't care about Rafa
      We are his real fans
      Because you only care about pounds
      Rafa Bentiez is at the wrong ground
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21: Feb 27, 2013 12:18:00 am
      I think we all know that Rafa will deservedly get a great ovation from all around Anfield upon his return. More interestingly for me is how he responds to it. Houllier got a lot of stick when he greeted our support after his Villa side got battered, so it is a tricky situation Rafa will find himself in, especially with those classless chav fans who are all to happy to look for fault in his every move.

How about singing:

We are his real fans
      Because you only care about pounds
      Rafa Bentiez is at the wrong ground

Well if he was at the wrong ground, he wouldn't hear it anyway!
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #22: Feb 27, 2013 12:25:20 am

Well if he was at the wrong ground, he wouldn't hear it anyway!

Trying to get the message across, got a better finish line? :)

Quick Reply