Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Luis Alberto (LFC -> Lazio)

Read 57606 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Luis Alberto (LFC -> Lazio)
      Jun 22, 2013 11:00:30 am
      Reds complete Luis Alberto deal
      Liverpool Football Club have today completed the signing of Spanish forward Luis Alberto from Sevilla, subject to international clearance.

The 20-year-old, who can play anywhere across the attacking line, has penned a long-term contract after passing a medical at Melwood.

He spent the 2012-13 campaign on loan at Barcelona B, where he notched an impressive 11 goals - and was devastating with his creativity, providing 17 assists in 38 appearances.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers said: "We are all delighted that Luis has decided to join Liverpool.

"He has the correct footballing profile and mentality to be a Liverpool player.

"I look forward to working with him to develop his talent and he joins a group of young exciting players at our club."

The Spaniard has represented his country at three different age levels. He has turned out for the U18s, U19s and made his U21s bow against Belgium in February.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-complete-luis-alberto-deal

Alberto: I'm the happiest man on earth
      Liverpool's new signing Luis Alberto has spoken of his delight at sealing a 'dream move' to Anfield - and vowed to help propel the Reds back to the pinnacle of world football.

The 20-year-old put pen to paper on a long-term contract at the club on Saturday morning - subject to international clearance - and afterwards he sat down for an exclusive interview, which LFC TV Online subscribers can watch in full later today.

During the chat Alberto discussed his eagerness to link up with new manager Brendan Rodgers and explained why he cannot wait to walk out onto the famous Anfield turf in front of the Kop.

"I feel like I'm in a bubble at the moment," he told Liverpoolfc.com. "For me Liverpool is a top team. I feel like I am dreaming and I want to enjoy it to the full.

"I feel very excited, I've never felt so excited before but I'm very happy. I think I am the happiest man on earth.

"I was surprised [when Liverpool showed interest in me]. You never expect this to happen to you. But as the deal moved forward, I became very happy and I wanted to come to Liverpool.

"I have come here to enjoy moments with the supporters - and I know the supporters will help me to never walk alone.

"I hope that between us all we can make this club one of the greatest in the world, once again."

Alberto is a versatile attacker who learned his trade at Sevilla's Academy.

He broke into their B side in 2009 before being handed his first-team debut in April 2011.

The 2012-13 campaign saw Alberto complete a year-long loan switch to Barcelona B, where he notched an impressive 11 goals and provided 17 assists in 38 appearances.

The Spaniard, who can pick a devastating pass effortlessly, has a knack of drifting into goalscoring positions - and he believes he has all the right attributes to slot seamlessly into Rodgers' side.

"I came to the club because of the manager," explained Alberto. "I came here because of the style of football he plays.

"I don't have a favourite position - it depends on the team's tactics really. I like to move about and I don't mind where I play.

"I like to play with freedom. I'm a technical player. I provide assists and in the penalty area I score goals."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/alberto-i-m-the-happiest-man-on-earth
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2019 10:11:46 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Re: Luis Alberto Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jun 22, 2013 11:01:36 am
      Welcome Luis!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2: Jun 22, 2013 11:03:03 am
      Welcome Luis.

Maybe it's just me but why would you photograph him holding up a Reds top when he's already wearing one?  >:D
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 22, 2013 11:08:23 am
      welcome to club luis !!!
      As someone said ,wat a boss name!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4: Jun 22, 2013 11:11:15 am
      Welcome to our great club.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5: Jun 22, 2013 11:18:45 am
      Welcome Alberto!!! YNWA
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #6: Jun 22, 2013 11:19:16 am
      Welcome aboard Alberto. YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Jun 22, 2013 11:24:55 am
      Good luck, Luis. Welcome aboard.

Think he will provide squad depth initially and look to break into the first team as the season progresses. If we can get true quality in every position (perhaps even down to the keepers) it can only be for the good of the team.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #8: Jun 22, 2013 11:30:56 am
      Welcome Luis.

Maybe it's just me but why would you photograph him holding up a Reds top when he's already wearing one?  >:D

Double advertising. Also, I noticed the club never miss an opportunity, such as promoting the Spanish LFC twitter account.

Welcome to the club Luis. The more I read about him the more I like him. It's great to read that he likes playing several positions. I wouldn't be surprised if he was played in the reserves the first couple of months. That said, I don't want him to rot away their so hoping he can feature often in the first team.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #9: Jun 22, 2013 11:33:38 am
      Welcome Luis.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10: Jun 22, 2013 11:33:45 am
      Welcome to the club Luis, another very interesting signing. Looking forward to seeing him play.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: Jun 22, 2013 11:35:17 am

Are they hoping people buy two? I could understand it if he was wearing one of those sh*t away kits and holding up the home (or vice versa) but I'm not sure that the wearing and holding up of the home kit is a fad that is going to catch on and be replicated amongst the fans.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #12: Jun 22, 2013 11:46:40 am
      Welcome to Anfield, Luis.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #13: Jun 22, 2013 11:58:00 am
      Welcome! He'll fit right into the tattoo club. How many is that now we have?
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #14: Jun 22, 2013 12:04:51 pm
      Welcome Luis, what's most exciting to see is his want to be at the club.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Jun 22, 2013 12:29:41 pm
      Welcome LAR, to the greatest Football Club on earth. 

I'm really excited about all our signings and potential signings this summer.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #16: Jun 22, 2013 12:35:33 pm
      Welcome Luis! Hope he's as good as the last 20 year old we signed! Hope he's as good as the last Luis we signed!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17: Jun 22, 2013 12:37:02 pm
      Welcome Luis! Hope he's as good as the last 20 year old we signed! Hope he's as good as the last Luis we signed!

And the last Alberto.....

Oh..

Welcome Luis lad
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #18: Jun 22, 2013 12:47:45 pm
      Now that he's signed i might actually watch youtube videos :P
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #19: Jun 22, 2013 12:49:58 pm
      Welcome To LIVERPOOL FC Luis
       YNWA
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Jun 22, 2013 12:50:55 pm
      Love this quote "I like to play with freedom. I'm a technical player. I provide assists and in the penalty area I score goals."

That  speaks to me as a player who's confident in his own ability, the type of player who's head won't drop straight away if things are not going to plan from the off.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Jun 22, 2013 12:52:52 pm
      And the last Alberto.....

Oh..

Welcome Luis lad

:D

Welcome!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #22: Jun 22, 2013 01:25:37 pm
      Welcome Luis.

At least show a F***ing number.

Quick Reply