Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Victor Moses (Chelsea/Stoke)

Read 55792 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Victor Moses (Chelsea/Stoke)
      Sep 02, 2013 11:14:40 am
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/144061-reds-seal-moses-loan-switch

Reds seal Moses loan switch

Liverpool Football Club has today completed the season-long loan signing of Chelsea forward Victor Moses.

The Nigerian international will spend the duration of the 2013-14 season at Anfield after passing a medical at Melwood on Monday.

After completing the move, Moses told Liverpoolfc.com: "First and foremost, I'm delighted to have made the loan from Chelsea to a big club like Liverpool.

"The most important thing is for me to be professional about it and I'm here to do a job for the club.

"The target is to get into the top four and for the club to compete in the Champions League - and I'm delighted to be here.

"The manager has done very well and the formation and players here will help me and I just want to gel in, get to know the players and play with them.

"There are a lot of quality players here - they're winning games and creating chances. It's a massive thing for me to be here."

Moses joined the London outfit in the summer of 2012 and made 42 appearances, scoring 10 goals, as Chelsea were crowned Europa League champions last season.

The 22-year-old is the Reds' eighth signing of the summer and the third deal to be concluded today, following the earlier announcements of defenders Tiago Ilori and Mamadou Sakho.

Welcome.

Always wanted to create one of these.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2014 02:30:40 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Re: Victor Moses Player Thread
      Reply #1: Sep 02, 2013 11:23:56 am
      Nice work - welcome Victor!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2: Sep 02, 2013 11:25:31 am
      Welcome Vic lad

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3: Sep 02, 2013 11:29:30 am
      Good loan signing, do we have the option to sign him at the end of the season if it all works out for him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4: Sep 02, 2013 11:31:04 am
      I reckon we'll see quite a good number goals and performances from Moses. Welcome to a big club Victor.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #5: Sep 02, 2013 11:45:52 am
      Welcome to LFC Victor.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Sep 02, 2013 11:54:32 am
      Welcome to the best club in the land, Victor!

Was impressed by him when he played at Wigan. Not sure he's really had a true opportunity to get into his groove at Chelsea. Hopefully he'll add to our attacking edge.

Bit of info you might find interesting that I was reading earlier on a blog site - apologies if already posted.

Style, Strengths and Weaknesses

Moses is a winger, and can play on either side. He is primarily right footed, but is quite comfortable on his left leg as well. His natural tendency is to stay wide, and he was used by Benitez a lot last season to try and stretch teams.

As seen in the past, one very important attribute to succeed in the Premier League is the presence of physical qualities. Victor Moses is tall, strong and very quick. This physical presence is the base on which he builds the rest of his play. As a winger, his pace is very important, as it means he can take on opposing full backs, and often beat them. The strength (BMI of 23.9) also means that he isn’t bullied off the ball.

Another weapon in Moses’ locker is his excellent dribbling ability. Moses loves to run at players, and his quick changes in direction, coupled with his potent pace make him difficult to deal with. Moses was successful with 38% of his dribbles last season, and that is a fairly good percentage.

As far as passing is concerned, Moses is a bit weak. A lot of his passes are of the shorter variety, they do find their target, but the weight of these passes is often far from ideal. A probable reason for this is that he is mostly in the opposition half, where it is tougher to complete passes. He tends not to make incisive passes there as he sometimes lacks composure, and chooses to stick to his strengths, which is running at defenders.

It has been mentioned that Moses can also be utilised as a make-shift striker, while his attributes are apt for a winger, he could be effective is shifted into a more central role. Below is an illustration of one of Moses’ best performance in a Chelsea shirt from last season. His tendency to shift into a central role and advance into a strikers’ position is evident.

As a winger, his competency should be his crossing. As far as this is concerned, Moses doesn’t like playing early crosses. Due to his love of beating defenders, he will, more often than not, try to get to the by-line before firing in a cross. This is regarded as a positive tendency, but in Moses’ case, especially last season, it backfired. The Nigerian was often stopped in his tracks, as defenders and coaches got the hang of his movement, and not many of his crosses reached his targets. In fact, one might say that Moses was the worst winger in the league on the basis of the fact that only 8% of his crosses were accurate. This was the lowest in the league. However, I do believe that this isn’t a wholly accurate reflection of his true ability.

The lack of accuracy from crosses also means that he isn’t incisive with his chance creation. He had a decent chance created per game ratio last season, but garnered only one assist in 12 starts, and 11 substitute appearances. He has the basic skills when it comes to being a good winger, he just needs to work on refining some aspects, such as where to put his crosses. If he starts weighing them, and placing them better, he could be a very dangerous winger. He could also try to cross the ball earlier. At Wigan, he did this quite often, and was devastatingly effective.

As far as goals are concerned, Moses shoots mostly with his right foot, and gets a lot of power behind his shots. His goals against Southampton, and Boro in the FA Cup were thunderous strikes. He scored a couple of headed goals as well last season, but it would be unfair to say he has extraordinary heading ability.

Moses can be best utilised by a team as a counter attacking option, with his pace, and dribbling ability. Also, his tendency to lose his composure in crowded areas means that the space afforded to him on the counter will prove beneficial for him, as a player. His performance away against Rubin Kazan in the Europa League bears testament to his effectiveness as a player used to effect quick attacking transitions.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2013/08/29/victor-moses-scout-report/

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #7: Sep 02, 2013 11:54:35 am
      The lad had an excellent African Cup of Nations recently, and was a stand out player for Nigeria. Quick and skilful.. but all I could find is this video of his penalties against Ethiopia. Both times, he was he player taken out.

Ethiopia 0 - 2 Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - Moses x2 Penalties

Sturridge was overlooked at Chelsea, and look how he is performing now we have placed our confidence in him. I believe Moses will be the same.
      HKIred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 34 
      Reply #8: Sep 02, 2013 11:57:55 am

There's the smile  ;D Welcome to Liverpool FC!
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Sep 02, 2013 12:28:43 pm
      Welcome to the best team in the world Vic.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #10: Sep 02, 2013 12:43:01 pm
      Should be a good player for us this season I feel, definitely a decent option off the bench and potential starter. Anyone know if it's a loan with the option to buy?
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #11: Sep 02, 2013 12:47:00 pm
      Welcome to LFC Victor!
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #12: Sep 02, 2013 01:12:25 pm
      Good signing for me, is definitely a threat and gives us another option from the wing positions or up front. Hopefully he can impress and we'll get him on the cheap at the end of the season. I'd love it if the two "Chelsea rejects" took us to the League title haha.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Sep 02, 2013 01:23:57 pm
      Good signing, welcome on board Victor

Had some debates with a few on this one but we all want the best for this club so lets hope this lad gives us that extra something to fire us on 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #14: Sep 02, 2013 01:47:23 pm
      Welcome Victor, let's hope you become as effective as Sturridge over the coming season.

With a bit of luck you won't want to go back to that plastic club once you've experienced being a Liverpool player.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15: Sep 02, 2013 02:47:14 pm
      For some reason I used to watch a lot of Wigan matches and really liked Moses. It's true that his period playing at a very high level was relatively short but he's still young so that's normal. Moving to Chelsea was never going to work for him, even if Benitez did give him quite a few more chances than other managers. It's a new start for Victor now, he badly needs some stability and game time which we'll hopefully be able to provide him. I believe he's gonna be a useful part of our team.

Welcome Victor!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #16: Sep 02, 2013 03:13:06 pm
      Welcome Victor.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17: Sep 02, 2013 03:36:34 pm
      Welcome to England's biggest & most successful Club.

Think he will shine for us & the move may become permanent.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #18: Sep 02, 2013 03:43:11 pm
      Welcome Victor.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #19: Sep 02, 2013 07:10:00 pm
      I like this move. I can't say I'm super thrilled or anything, but I like it and think Moses will surprise quite a few people here. Welcome aboard!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20: Sep 02, 2013 07:13:17 pm
      I like this move. I can't say I'm super thrilled or anything, but I like it and think Moses will surprise quite a few people here. Welcome aboard!

I think he could "do a Sturridge" if he starts well for us. Maybe with a little luck, a goal in his first game or something like that to take off the pressure of moving clubs... and we could have got ourselves another confident quality young player.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #21: Sep 02, 2013 07:21:50 pm
      Love this signing would be even better if it was permanent but hopefully it will be in the long run. Was really disappointed when Chavs got him from Wigan as I thought he would really suit us.

All the best lad, hopefully get to see you make yr Anfield debut v Southampton.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #22: Sep 02, 2013 07:33:50 pm
      Welcome Victor hope you have lots of luck

Quick Reply