Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match: LFC v West Brom

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.7%)
      Mama Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      6 (4.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Aly Cissokho
      0 (0%)
      Luis Suarez
      124 (91.9%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Oct 29, 2013 06:15:24 pm

Liverpool 4-1 West Brom: In game and Post Match Happiness

Read 31074 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Liverpool 4-1 West Brom: In game and Post Match Happiness
      Oct 26, 2013 02:03:41 pm
      Mignolet, Cissokho, Toure, Sakho, Skrtel, Johnson, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Sturridge, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Sterling, Agger, Kelly, Moses, Allen, Alberto.

Brendan Rodgers has made one change to the Liverpool line-up for today's Barclays Premier League clash with West Bromwich Albion, with midfielder Lucas Leiva returning to the starting XI.

The Brazilian was suspended for the clash with Crystal Palace earlier this month and missed last week's trip to Newcastle United due to his partner giving birth.

Victor Moses is the man replaced and takes his place among the substitutes at Anfield, but the manager's team is otherwise unchanged from the trip to St James' Park seven days ago.
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2013 07:13:12 pm by JD »
      seacol
      • Forum John Toshack

• 266 posts |
      Re: Liverpool vs West Brom: Live Thread
      Reply #1: Oct 26, 2013 02:08:04 pm
      For a home game, for that matter any game this is an extremely defensive lineup. Don't like it all. We will be extremely narrow with cissokho not offering us anything on that left side. I have a bad feeling we are going to be extremely disjointed. Not impressed at all with that lineup. Home game we need to win and we have  as much as 8 defensive minded players on the pitch. Hope I'm proven wrong gents.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2: Oct 26, 2013 02:08:24 pm
      Slightly surprised that Hendo-Lucas-Gerrard all in at the expense of Moses - especially for a game at Anfield.

For a home game, for that matter any game this is an extremely defensive lineup.

Yep that was what I was getting at.

Hope Cissokho's nerves settle - is this his first start at Anfield?
      ozk
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 26, 2013 02:08:57 pm
      With Cissokho, Toure, Sakho, Skrtel and Johnson all starting, I imagine one of them will be playing in the midfield, probably Johnson, but that is still a very defensive starting XI. I hope to see Gerrard playing in a more offensive function.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #4: Oct 26, 2013 02:10:34 pm
      With Cissokho, Toure, Sakho, Skrtel and Johnson all starting, I imagine one of them will be playing in the midfield. Probably Johnson...

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5: Oct 26, 2013 02:11:13 pm
      It is very decent line-up. Moses did not play well in the last two games.
      seacol
      • Forum John Toshack

• 266 posts |
      Reply #6: Oct 26, 2013 02:12:10 pm
      Slightly surprised that Hendo-Lucas-Gerrard all in at the expense of Moses - especially for a game at Anfield.

Yep that was what I was getting at.

Hope Cissokho's nerves settle - is this his first start at Anfield?
      no he played against Stoke I believe but went off injured. Pretty sure anyway.
      Jose missed against Southampton loss, Jose missed last week draw. He's been our best player behind sturridge for me. He's done the defensive tasks as well as the forward ones.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #7: Oct 26, 2013 02:13:23 pm
      Looking forward to this!

But as Moses is not starting.. some guys here will have to find another player to moan about for 45 mins.. ;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #8: Oct 26, 2013 02:13:54 pm
      Would like to see brendan Rodgers go if we don't win this.  His lineups are rediculous. I would have gone with this,

Mignolet

Johnson Toure Sakho  Cissokho

Lucas Hendo

Suarez Gerrard Moses

Sturridge

This is far more better than Rodgers idea. Needlessly throwing points away now.  I can see Rodgers changing the formation after we lose our top 4 position.  Will be too fkin late!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #9: Oct 26, 2013 02:15:51 pm
      Argh, more of this 3 at the back sh*te.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10: Oct 26, 2013 02:17:28 pm
      Argh, more of this 3 at the back sh*te.
      3 at the back is awful,  if we do that against Arsenal we going to be battered.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11: Oct 26, 2013 02:18:22 pm
      I think Moses has been poor and it is a shame that we have nobody more creative than Jordan to put in at the 10 role but fully expect him to do a much better job tracking runners than Victor has been doing of late.

Shame young Coutinho couldn't even make the bench, bit of a boost for the baggies that and I must admit to being a little nervous how we'll get on here today. Our reliance on SaS is evident in not only the team we've put out but the bench too, we really do lack goals from anywhere else on the pitch.

Have to agree with the lads above too, extremely defensive team at home, those asking what could Brendan have done to switch things up?

He could have played Moses as a left forward or left winger (his natural positions) and dropped one of the CBs. Later on in the game if it's still tight, will be an interesting choice if Brendan chooses to go for the win by sacrificing a CB, guess we'll find out.

Also surprised how big this game feels for us,

COME ON!
      seacol
      • Forum John Toshack

• 266 posts |
      Reply #12: Oct 26, 2013 02:19:40 pm
      Would like to see brendan Rodgers go if we don't win this.  His lineups are rediculous. I would have gone with this,

Mignolet

Lucas Hendo

Suarez Gerrard Moses

Sturridge

This is far more better than Rodgers idea. Needlessly throwing points away now.  I can see Rodgers changing the formation after we lose our top 4 position.  Will be too fkin late!
      You play with 5 at the back if you have open attacking players in the middle as well and just can't see that with hendo, Lucas, gerrard. Napoli played this formation when they had lavezzi, cavani etc and it worked but we don't have the players for that. Not for me anyway. Sorry to be pessimistic but just can't see this working and let's face it we aren't exactly banging the goals in after we have conceded. I think we have only come back twice under Rodgers to win a game after conceding. Not a good stat!!!
      ozk
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #13: Oct 26, 2013 02:19:42 pm
      I think that with Moses on the bench, Rodgers has a good option to change the game if things don't work out in the 1st half. I just hope that we don't concede ANOTHER goal from a set-piece!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14: Oct 26, 2013 02:21:21 pm
      It certainly is a decent line up a line up chosen to ensure we don't lose,
      But I feel BR may have missed a trick in being dare I say a tad to cautious,
      Not sure if we will play a. 3,4,2,1 or a 4,4,3 but I would liked to have seen the latter with Alberto pulling the strings in the hole, but what do I know. ?
      Still think we will bag the 3 pts love to see 2 or 3 but I'd settle for 1-0

YNWA
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #15: Oct 26, 2013 02:23:32 pm

Mignolet

Lucas Hendo

Suarez Gerrard Moses

Sturridge

You sir are a massive douche lord
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #16: Oct 26, 2013 02:25:22 pm
      Gotta agree. Too defensive at home vs WBA.  Coulda started Moses out wide. and 4 at the back.

If we struggle i want to see , Moses or Sterling subbed in on left, and Alberto for Hendo. Go 4-3-3.

COYR!!!    Cant drop points today , Arse up next so, we really need this one fellas
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17: Oct 26, 2013 02:28:08 pm
      Thank god he hasn't started Moses. He's been bang average and disruptive to our natural style of play. Wouldn't cry if we sent him back to Chelsea tomorrow.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #18: Oct 26, 2013 02:36:45 pm
      Thank god he hasn't started Moses. He's been bang average and disruptive to our natural style of play. Wouldn't cry if we sent him back to Chelsea tomorrow.

Got to agree, he really is a stop gap addition to the squad and in a game like this we don't need weak links.
      seacol
      • Forum John Toshack

• 266 posts |
      Reply #19: Oct 26, 2013 02:37:20 pm
      Haven't been in this forum in a few months but seems very quiet. Nerves got the fellas??
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20: Oct 26, 2013 02:38:27 pm
      Surprised we have stayed with 3 at the back, maybe Brendan is waiting for Coutinho's return before changing the formation. Hopefully we can get the ball up to SAS often enough and leave the rest to them.

Still fancy us to win but it may be a little too close for comfort. 2-1 
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #21: Oct 26, 2013 02:38:47 pm

Mignolet

Lucas Hendo

Suarez Gerrard Moses

Sturridge

I'd like to see you go after we tw*t them with this lineup!!

It's funny how many people moan about a formation after one poor performance and result!!

Lucas on for Moses should allow us to keep better possession and dominate the territory battle, which should in turn provide cissokho and Johno with space on the flanks to exploit in attack.
      « Last Edit: Oct 26, 2013 03:04:21 pm by harrydunn08 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #22: Oct 26, 2013 02:40:33 pm
      Haven't been in this forum in a few months but seems very quiet. Nerves got the fellas??

Some are surprised to spy your name on the boards, we thought (hoped) you'd fu**ed off for good

Quick Reply