Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match: LFC v Norwich

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (0.7%)
      Daniel Agger
      0 (0%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (0.7%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.7%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.7%)
      Luis Alberto
      0 (0%)
      Iago Aspas
      0 (0%)
      Ball boy near the Kop
      6 (4.4%)
      Erm... who have I forgotten
      1 (0.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      124 (91.2%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Voting closed: Dec 07, 2013 09:55:05 pm

Liverpool 5-1 Norwich City: In game and Post Match Delight

Read 29078 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Liverpool 5-1 Norwich City: In game and Post Match Delight
      Dec 04, 2013 06:43:41 pm

Mignolet; Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Flanagan; Allen, Gerrard, Henderson; Coutinho, Suarez, Sterling  :D

Subs: Jones, Toure, Sakho, Moses, Alberto, Aspas, Lucas

Daniel Agger, Joe Allen and Philippe Coutinho return to Brendan Rodgers' starting XI for tonight's Barclays Premier League encounter against Norwich City at Anfield.

The trio were all named on the bench when the Reds were beaten at Hull City last weekend, but are restored to the Liverpool team to face the Canaries on Wednesday.

Lucas Leiva, Victor Moses and Kolo Toure are the three players replaced and take their place among the substitutes for the 7.45pm GMT kick-off.
      « Last Edit: Dec 04, 2013 10:10:20 pm by JD »
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Re: Live: Liverpool vs Norwich
      Reply #1: Dec 04, 2013 06:46:30 pm
      Time to put the weekend's result behind us! 3 points for sure. Positivity back again.

Would love to see Moses come on too and prove the doubters wrong. A class player.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Dec 04, 2013 06:47:39 pm
      Got to be kidding right?! What has Sakho got to do to be in the starting line up, once again our most expensive signing of the summer in his usual spot on the bench! No idea why Sterling is starting, he was without doubt the worst player on the pitch against Hull.

BR also said today that Alberto and Aspas have to start scoring goals, fair enough Aspas is only just back from injury but how does he expect goals when they are on the bench?! Would have liked to have seen Alberto start in place of Henderson, not sure what he has done to warrant starting every match of the season so far.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #3: Dec 04, 2013 06:47:50 pm
      Raheem better pull his thumb out after last weekends performance.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #4: Dec 04, 2013 06:50:22 pm
      Raheem better pull his thumb out after last weekends performance.

Think a few players need to do just that.

A win is what we need. But we also need a massive step up in performance and will to win.

COME ON REDMEN!!!
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #5: Dec 04, 2013 06:50:30 pm
      Looks like 4-3-3 then.
      A lot of players that need to perform tonight.

C'MON REDMEN!!! :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6: Dec 04, 2013 06:51:43 pm
      Got to be kidding right?! What has Sakho got to do to be in the starting line up, once again our most expensive signing of the summer in his usual spot on the bench! No idea why Sterling is starting, he was without doubt the worst player on the pitch against Hull.

BR also said today that Alberto and Aspas have to start scoring goals, fair enough Aspas is only just back from injury but how does he expect goals when they are on the bench?! Would have liked to have seen Alberto start in place of Henderson, not sure what he has done to warrant starting every match of the season so far.

My guess would be that BR doesn't ant to play 2 left footers (although he has no problem playing 2 right footers) and Agger got the nod because he has more experience.

Maybe he sees this as a game to give some confidence to Allen and Sterling.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7: Dec 04, 2013 06:52:02 pm
      Must win it's as simple as that, anything else will see us drop further in the table and we can't afford that with the games we have coming up.

Allen/Henderson has been tried before as a partnership and it's bloody horrible, why we're revisiting that I've no idea. Fine drop Lucas but retreading ground that's proven to be disastrous in the past makes no sense to me.

Also now we revert back to Skrtel / Agger after Brendan giving Agger a bit of a public dressing down in how he handles the big fellas (nothing insinuated there) seems strange.

Flanagan also keeps his place while offering nothing going forward, personally I'd have gone for 3 at the back in a formation similar to that which Si posted. You could then drop Lucas but move Agger into his position when needed, it was a smart idea.

I will say I still think we'll batter Norwich and then despite it 'only' being Norwich we'll suddenly think 'this is the answer!' When we already know that this pair should not share game time in the centre of the park, one of them is hard enough to carry at the moment.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #8: Dec 04, 2013 06:52:23 pm
      Off to the game now. Buzzing :)
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,164 posts | 829 
      Reply #9: Dec 04, 2013 06:53:44 pm
      I would rather see Sakho instead of Skrtel
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10: Dec 04, 2013 06:54:35 pm
      Not really a lot of imagination in the team selection, safe and solid... which I suppose is a good thing after Hull, but I would have preferred to see a couple more of the bench warmer club given a chance in this game.

We should have too much for Norwich anyway as long as we go into the game with the right attitude.

2-0 Suarez to get both, hopefully in the first half so we can all relax and make optimistic posts during the second half.

BTW the bib theory worked yet again.... you wouldn't have to be a master spy to get the Liverpool team early.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Dec 04, 2013 06:56:40 pm
      Must win it's as simple as that, anything else will see us drop further in the table and we can't afford that with the games we have coming up.

Allen/Henderson has been tried before as a partnership and it's bloody horrible, why we're revisiting that I've no idea. Fine drop Lucas but retreading ground that's proven to be disastrous in the past makes no sense to me.

Also now we revert back to Skrtel / Agger after Brendan giving Agger a bit of a public dressing down in how he handles the big fellas (nothing insinuated there) seems strange.

Flanagan also keeps his place while offering nothing going forward, personally I'd have gone for 3 at the back in a formation similar to that which Si posted. You could then drop Lucas but move Agger into his position when needed, it was a smart idea.

I will say I still think we'll batter Norwich and then despite it 'only' being Norwich we'll suddenly think 'this is the answer!' When we already know that this pair should not share game time in the centre of the park, one of them is hard enough to carry at the moment.

I'd have been keen to see Sakho start at Left Back and if it's not working out then could easily swap him round with Agger. Don't know why but I have a horrible feeling about this game, has a Carling Cup game feel about it and I reckon Norwich will be right up for this after seeing Hull take us apart like.

I am expecting nothing less from this team other than 3 points and a clean sheet!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #12: Dec 04, 2013 06:58:23 pm

Agger tends to pull Skrtel forwards and play a higher line which will make it easier in turn for the fullbacks to get forwards.

At least that's how I see it ;)
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #13: Dec 04, 2013 06:58:25 pm
      Play Sahko up top with suarez!
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #14: Dec 04, 2013 07:04:25 pm
      I cannot believe Sterling is starting, unbelievable Jeff!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #15: Dec 04, 2013 07:10:24 pm
      To be honest I am a bit nervous with this game,  not because of that line-up, but after last weekend's display,
       This is a must I think and we can win hands down''On Paper"

come on redmen , lets forget last sunday , and restart playing well

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #16: Dec 04, 2013 07:12:21 pm
      Norwich boss Chris Hughton dropped Gary Hooper. Scores on Saturday and is quoted as saying he can't wait to play at Anfield! Defensive midfielder in Johnson deployed instead so Norwich will sit back and invite us onto them! Man City got seven, how many will the reds get I wonder? Hope that our team turn up!
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #17: Dec 04, 2013 07:13:19 pm
      Surprised to see Sterling starting, and Sakho not! I just hope that if things are not going to plan, Brendan realises, and changes things sooner rather than later.
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #18: Dec 04, 2013 07:14:16 pm
      Next 2 matches are must win, 6 pointer nothing else!! COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!  :)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #19: Dec 04, 2013 07:19:38 pm
      Next 2 matches are must win, 6 pointer nothing else!! COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!  :)

I reckon if we actually did win every time we all claimed it was a "must win" we'd p!ss the league by a mile.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #20: Dec 04, 2013 07:20:54 pm
      Toure, Lucas and Moses dropped.

Fair on Moses.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #21: Dec 04, 2013 07:23:45 pm
      Not my preferred line up but I'm no manager. Hopefully they all understand the importance of being in the starting 11 and give it their best, be nice to cruise to an easy win, but just get the 3 points, nothing else matters.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Dec 04, 2013 07:26:15 pm
      Yet again I'm not happy with the line up at all. Sterling deserves to start yet somebody like Sakho doesn't? Struggling to see any logic. Sakho should be starting instead of both Agger and Skrtel but I would have played Agger in the DM role with Lucas on the bench. Like somebody else has mentioned, how are some expected to achieve goals that Brendan Rodgers has set for them if he won't give them the opportunities to do so? One thing I've never liked about him as manager are his sh*te press conferences and he's proved that once again.

Since his contract renewal Sterling hasn't looked anywhere near as motivated. He needs to step up to the plate.

Quick Reply