Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Fabio Borini (Sunderland/QPR)

Read 73315 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Fabio Borini (Sunderland)
      Reply #460: Jul 24, 2014 02:37:18 pm
      It's pretty obvious that BR still rates the lad and has him in his plans based on the fact that he has been playing him in friendlies.  If he didn't rate him and wanted to sell him then he wouldn't play him (risking injury) and would tell him that he isn't part of his plans.

I don't know if that is true or not.  Agger and Lucas and Kelly etc are all playing in the friendlies, any number of them or even all of them could go.  Aquilani played in the friendlies in 2012 before he took off.  Doesn't mean much really.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #461: Jul 24, 2014 06:13:33 pm
      I don't know if that is true or not.  Agger and Lucas and Kelly etc are all playing in the friendlies, any number of them or even all of them could go.  Aquilani played in the friendlies in 2012 before he took off.  Doesn't mean much really.

It does when we have accepted a bid for him.  If Rodgers wanted to force him out, he could opt to not play him and try to convince him to accept the terms on offer at Sunderland.  However, he appears content with Fabio's decision to stay and fight for his place, which is why he has no issue with playing him during the preseason games. 
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #462: Jul 25, 2014 02:32:55 am
      People do not say he is like Kuyt, the premise is hotly disputed as can be seen by the comments here.
      It has been suggested, very flatteringly that Borini has a similar style of play, the fact that so many disagree indicates that the general consensus is not as you state.   

I think you are misreading what I'm saying mate. I'm saying that the similarity people are picking out about the two is they both have high work rates. There is a consensus on that I'm pretty sure we will all agree. Not that there is a consensus that the two are particularly similar players in ability (or even style really)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #463: Jul 25, 2014 08:08:19 am
      Telegraph Football @TeleFootball
      Sunderland manager Gus Poyet fears he will miss out on landing Liverpool striker Fabio Borini
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #464: Jul 25, 2014 08:22:39 am
      Sunderland manager Gus Poyet fears he will miss out on landing Liverpool striker Fabio Borini

As do the rest of us :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #465: Jul 25, 2014 08:24:09 am

All because he wants to fight for a spot that he doesn't rightfully deserve, nor will he win. He's just going to be sat on the bench for a season, he's had 2 and a bit pre-season games so far to do at least something and he's actually done literally nothing.
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #466: Jul 25, 2014 09:06:18 am
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #467: Jul 25, 2014 10:08:28 am
      dumb article. it's not silly to play our own player in our own pre-season fixtures, especially when we don't even have any strikers back yet. plus, sunderland probably WANT and EXPECT him to play and get match fitness in our friendlies. would they rather we bench him? no.
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2014 11:40:57 am by Del Boca Vista »
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #468: Jul 25, 2014 11:50:53 am
      The last thing Fabio needs right now is to warm the bench. A player of his age needs to be playing week in and week out. He ought to be realistic here, and he's not. I hope for Fabios sake that he does move to Sunderland because staying here will be a step back in his career.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2805 
      Reply #469: Jul 25, 2014 12:24:57 pm
      There are just so many options I'd use ahead of him.

Sturridge, Sterling, Lambert, Remy (assuming he signs), Markovic, Ibe. Then I'd stick Lallana and Coutinho as part of a front three over him as well. We might sign another attacker as well which would see him fall further down the pecking order.

Hope he sees the light and agrees to the move because as mentioned by others he's at an age where he really needs to be playing.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #470: Jul 25, 2014 12:37:29 pm
      If Borini wants to stay and fight for his place, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up loaning him our on deadline day.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #471: Jul 26, 2014 11:18:13 am

Thanks for posting - teh article also mentions Kagawa is unlikely to stay; I would love to see us bid for him he would be a perfect fit for us.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #472: Jul 26, 2014 12:06:23 pm
      Thanks for posting - teh article also mentions Kagawa is unlikely to stay; I would love to see us bid for him he would be a perfect fit for us.

Kagawa is class.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #473: Jul 26, 2014 05:23:51 pm
      borinifabio29
      So bored in the hotel room waiting to fly back to England to recover as quick as possible!!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #474: Jul 26, 2014 07:43:18 pm
      he "bruised" his shoulder?

FFS.

Suarez was one of the hardest players we've had in years.

can't help but think he would have just gotten right up and gone on.

Don't underestimate deep bruising, mate. It's probably not a surface bruise, and deep tissue bruising can cause swelling and mobility issues, depending upon its severity and location. The lad probably wouldn't be able to move his shoulder for a couple of days. That's assuming it is deep bruising because if it's not, Football has reached a new low.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #475: Jul 26, 2014 08:12:12 pm

Kagawa, like Borini, has fantastic movement.

It unfortunately relies on the other players to be able to read their runs or they are totally wasted. This video is a typical example of how to completely mis-use that type of player as demonstrated below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urUEeDsCRnk

If we could pick him up it woudl be fantastic business in my view.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #476: Jul 26, 2014 09:41:36 pm
      I too really like Kagawa but feel he is a tad too physically weak and too similar to players we already have for that position.
      Feel, much like many players that go to United, City and Chelsea, that their careers have been stagnated by the moves.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #477: Jul 26, 2014 11:23:57 pm
      I now he wants to stay and I can see that really. Who wouldn't? Maybe he doesn't want to go back to Sunderland because the facilities suck. Maybe he was unhappy the whole time he was there. I mean they are a step away from be a Championship side really. They should be going back down this season I would think. I like Fabio and I saw him play his butt off last year but his quality is just not up to snuff for us.
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #478: Jul 27, 2014 02:14:46 am
      It's too bad it hasn't been working out for him here, I like the player.  Perhaps a move back to Italy is in the cards?  Maybe as a makeweight for someone coming in return?  I could see him doing well for a mid table Italian club.  At least he'd get opportunity to play consistently and attempt to work his way into the National team again.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #480: Jul 30, 2014 09:22:51 am
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #481: Jul 30, 2014 10:33:08 am
      I just find it bizarre how Fabio can turn them down. It's the most ideal club for him at this present time. Poyet obviously values him very highly, and he'll get so much playing time that he'll be able to develop and mature his game. There is no point him staying here. He will not get the required minutes to improve his game.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #482: Jul 30, 2014 11:27:36 am
      If him, assaidi and agger go for the quoted prices then that's 33 million. An awful lot of money which would otherwise leave less cash for a left back and a striker and a bloated squad in certain areas whilst lacking in quality in other areas

Quick Reply