Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Cameron Brannagan (Liverpool > Oxford)

Read 30636 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Cameron Brannagan (Liverpool > Oxford)
      May 24, 2014 10:53:03 am
      Liverpool transfer news: Barcelona eye deal for Reds youngster Cameron Brannagan

Barcelona want to acquire one of Liverpool’s brightest teenage talents in a move which would deprive Brendan Rodgers of a midfielder who is on the brink of breaking through into his first-team squad.
      Cameron Brannagan, who turned 18 earlier this month, underlined his status as arguably the club’s finest academy player with a stellar substitute’s performance for the first team in last week’s friendly against Shamrock Rovers. Barcelona – who have watched him for the last year – have received rave scouting reports and are seeking him for their B side. After a day of rumours on Thursday about the Spanish club’s interest in him, Brannagan enigmatically tweeted “…”. The ellipsis may have been his way of saying “watch this space”.
      Liverpool’s academy coaching staff view Brannagan as a midfielder with the potential to be a top player, owing to his balance, vision and his ability with both feet. He operates as an attacking midfielder, though not in the hole behind the striker.
      Some equate his balance with that of Jack Wilshere, though comparisons of any such kind are always dangerous at such an early age. He and Liverpool’s 17-year-old midfielder Jordan Rossiter are seen by some as the academy’s two brightest hopes, though Rossiter, a Liverpudlian, has been the subject of more attention in a city which is always looking for its next big footballing star.
      Brannagan was brought up in Salford, in a staunch Manchester United-supporting family, though Liverpool spotted him very early and signed him to their academy as a seven-year-old. United then realised his potential and attempted to bring him to Carrington, though  Brannagan insisted that he wanted to stick with the club who had first shown interest in him.
      The dimension to his game which Brannagan has yet to develop is his personality on the field. He is by no means brash and this may prove to be a significant factor if it comes down to him choosing between staying in the North-west or leaving for a new life in Spain.
      Rodgers rates Brannagan highly enough to have named him on the bench for Liverpool’s FA Cup third-round tie with Oldham Athletic in January. If the game – which Liverpool won 2-0 – had been a less tense affair, Brannagan would probably have come on. He is likely to get his chance next season and Rodgers would expect to be able to keep him out of the Catalans’ clutches.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-barcelona-eye-deal-for-reds-youngster-cameron-brannagan-9429041.html
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2018 11:52:35 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Cameron Brannagan
      Reply #1: May 24, 2014 12:38:55 pm
      Racer/Debs, if we lose him how much are we losing? Chances of him making and improving the first team?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2: May 24, 2014 07:09:58 pm
      I've been watching the under 21s since December ish and Brannagan is a player I like. Not as commanding and passing not as expansive as Rossiter, not as creative as Teixeira, but a player who likes to keep busy in the middle, demands the ball, defensively okay, good work rate and has good composure for a kid. He can play as a #10 or in central midfield.

Personally, I don't think he's as stand out as Rossiter and Teixeira, but he has all the key attributes to become a very good player. But saying that, It doesn't matter if you have all the potential in the world. If they don't get the opportunity and don't have the determination and desire then it's pretty much pointless.

Anyway, I think it would be disappointed if we sold him without a buy back clause but I would rather us loan him out. I personally think we'll miss him for the u21s, I'd rather he stayed and given a chance to prove his worth as he's been with us since, 8 or 9 years of age?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3: May 24, 2014 08:10:57 pm
      Racer/Debs, if we lose him how much are we losing? Chances of him making and improving the first team?

We'd be losing a massive future star Brian.  He's a midfielder mainly central, on the right or on the right of the front 3.

He's quick, direct, has a good shot on him, can score goals, can pass, he tracks back and I'd be gutted and quite frankly, I'd be very shocked if we let him go.

Not sure if you watched the Shamrock game mate but he made a difference when he came on.  He upped the workrate and started quite a few attacks down the right.

I agree with some of what PurpleMonkey says though, he doesn't have the guile of Tex but he has other qualities to his game.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #4: May 15, 2015 07:01:07 pm
      Signed a new deal apparently. Well in lad.

@SportsPeteO  ¡  4h 4 hours ago
      Liverpool midfielder Cameron Brannagan has agreed a new deal at the club. #LFC
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: May 16, 2015 02:03:52 pm
      Signed a new deal apparently. Well in lad.

@SportsPeteO  ¡  4h 4 hours ago
      Liverpool midfielder Cameron Brannagan has agreed a new deal at the club. #LFC

Great news!
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #6: May 25, 2015 10:47:54 pm
      this guy is the real deal, hope he's part of our pre season tour and plays the qualifiers for europe
      « Last Edit: Sep 18, 2015 03:25:37 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Cameron Brannagan Player Thread
      Reply #7: Sep 18, 2015 03:27:39 pm
      Congratulations on making your LFC debut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P4r0HYCgI0
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8: Oct 26, 2015 11:48:19 am
      He's signed a new contract today. 

Congratulations Cam, looking forward to seeing if he flourishes under Klopp when he gets the chance.

Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #9: Jan 21, 2016 12:07:59 am
      Thought the lad played really well today very neat and tidy and was very unlucky not to get on the score sheet in the first half. Hope he keeps getting his chances, as on that display albeit against lesser opposition there's a little gem coming through.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #10: Jan 31, 2016 09:43:49 am
      Surprised this thread hasn't been bumped up, thought he was our best player last night.

We could have a good little player on our hands here.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #11: Jan 31, 2016 10:00:49 am
      Surprised this thread hasn't been bumped up, thought he was our best player last night.

We could have a good little player on our hands here.

I agree, was my MotM
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12: Jan 31, 2016 11:03:01 am
      Well played Branners. 

Did exactly how I expected him to do, great eye for a pass, gets stuck in, isn't afraid of big burly fuckers, nice control, not afraid to have a shot and delivers a neat and generally accurate dead ball.

Did anyone else notice how he was organising the midfield throughout the game?  Constantly pointing and shouting instructions to his team mates? 

No surprise really seeing as he's our u21s Captain, was generating interest from Barca when he was still just 17 and he's still only 19. 

He's a "learner", one that Klopp will love to work with as he has great game intelligence, unlike some of our seniors.

Well played young man, my MotM!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #13: Jan 31, 2016 11:48:59 am
      Easily our best player last night, a commanding performance in the middle of the pitch that a lot of seniors should take note of.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14: Jan 31, 2016 12:53:47 pm
      Fuking quality the lad was.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #15: Jan 31, 2016 02:49:26 pm
      Brannagan had a wicked shot that required an excellent save. I like this kid.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #16: Jan 31, 2016 04:19:59 pm
      Very impressed, got Steven Gerrard's set piece and cross.

Tidy, good shot, good touch, good passing. He will get better, one to watch for sure
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #17: Feb 01, 2016 02:04:00 am
      Excellent performance by the young man, and a breathe of fresh air in terms of delivery from set pieces this year to boot!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18: Feb 01, 2016 03:33:04 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #19: Feb 01, 2016 06:38:24 pm
      Keep on working hard and I think we have a player on our hands. He knows what he is doing. Nice one lad.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #20: Feb 01, 2016 06:52:17 pm
      Needs games. Done nothing Saturday to get himself left out for tomorrow night. Will he start?? I'll be shocked if he does.

Take a punt on him like we did With Redkapp, Stevie, Robbie, Owen mcmanaman Jones and so on. Young inexperienced players but talented and were given a chance in the first team to show there abilities.

These days you just keep going back to the same established players who constantly underwhelm
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #21: Feb 01, 2016 08:51:34 pm
      Look so much more comfortable playing more central and a really impressive game at the weekend.
      craigsmith1995
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #22: Feb 17, 2016 01:01:24 pm
      Looked really good west Ham at home, one for the future and one I think who can actually make it in our first team.

Quick Reply