Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Emre Can (Liverpool > Juventus)

Read 284231 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Emre Can Player Thread
      Reply #759: Aug 29, 2015 05:02:30 pm
      proved once again that he is our best CM by some distance.

what a player, no reason he should lose his place when Henderson is fit again.

Hilarious
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #760: Aug 29, 2015 05:06:56 pm
      Just play him CB with Sakho or Ilori please!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #761: Sep 04, 2015 07:34:54 pm
      Playing right back for Germany vs Poland
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #762: Sep 04, 2015 08:03:39 pm
      Playing right back for Germany vs Poland

Just made a lethal mistake when trying to deal with a cross, got away with one though. Has not looked too impressive as an RB, but actually am confident that he'd make a hell of a much better CB than what we've got starting there at the moment.

EDIT: Largely responsible for the goal conceded by Germany. Was caught as their furthest player up the pitch and left his entire flank vulnerable on a counter-attack. Would make a quality defender if he was disciplined. Has an insatiable itch for attack for some reason.
      « Last Edit: Sep 04, 2015 08:25:29 pm by American Red »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #763: Sep 04, 2015 08:29:07 pm
      They call him up and then play him in the one position where he looks as good as Balotelli upfront.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #764: Sep 04, 2015 08:30:50 pm
      They call him up and then play him in the one position where he looks as good as a Balotelli does a striker.

It's consistently been their weakest position unfortunately. Absolutely no chance he'd break into their starting XI in the midfield or even as a CB. Not yet at least.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #765: Sep 04, 2015 08:41:22 pm
      Playing Can at RB isn't too outlandish for Germany. They won the World Cup playing with 4 CBs in a back 4. Howedes playing LB, for example.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #766: Sep 04, 2015 09:30:01 pm
      Just made a lethal mistake when trying to deal with a cross, got away with one though. Has not looked too impressive as an RB, but actually am confident that he'd make a hell of a much better CB than what we've got starting there at the moment.

EDIT: Largely responsible for the goal conceded by Germany. Was caught as their furthest player up the pitch and left his entire flank vulnerable on a counter-attack. Would make a quality defender if he was disciplined. Has an insatiable itch for attack for some reason.

The itch for attack is fine, but when you see play reversed, you need to bust a gut to get back, he jogs along, then runs, then hesitates when the pass is made then runs again and is too late.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #767: Sep 04, 2015 09:37:41 pm
      What about the other fullback Jonas Hector. Surely can't be worse than Moreno.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #768: Sep 04, 2015 10:44:24 pm
      The itch for attack is fine, but when you see play reversed, you need to bust a gut to get back, he jogs along, then runs, then hesitates when the pass is made then runs again and is too late.

It's fine in balance, but he loves to abandon his position and spring forward in attack every time the team pushes forward. Just needs a bit more discipline to me. But your point is right that he hinders it even more when he's lazy to get back. When they gave up the goal, he was walking back at first, not even jogging. Then ended up sprinting, but at that point it was too late.

Other issue he has is that he presses in defense without consideration for his man. Often just blindly attacks for the ball while leaving a huge hole where he's supposed to be. He was lucky to have Schweinsteiger covering his position on many occasions.

Didn't look bad, but didn't look special to me. It's very difficult to do either of those when you're playing in the absurdly talented team of Germany, especially in the LB role.

Would have to seem him in Koln. Great build for an outside back though, 6'1", but seemed agile.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #769: Sep 05, 2015 12:38:47 am

That hector lad was a class act I wouldn't mind him at LFC.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #770: Sep 05, 2015 10:34:51 am
      So he's good enough to start in an important Euro qualifier game for the World Cup winners, but he's not good enough to get into our midfield ahead of Milner or Henderson.

yea that makes sense.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #771: Sep 05, 2015 10:41:16 am
      So he's good enough to start in an important Euro qualifier game for the World Cup winners, but he's not good enough to get into our midfield ahead of Milner or Henderson.

yea that makes sense.

two totally different situations, Germany were short at right back, i remember even bender playing there, you can't compare the situation at liverpool and Germany at all. Seriously mate, you could start an argument in a cemetery
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #772: Sep 05, 2015 11:53:47 am
      Can is actually a bit of an enigma to me. At times he looks like a world beater, big, strong, able to see a pass or run with it or make a perfectly timed tackle. At others he looks lazy, languid, immobile and a bit of a luxury player.

I guess we will have a better idea in a few months time. I certainly wouldn't be wan...king over him just yet Fed because he is far from the complete player at the moment.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #773: Sep 05, 2015 12:32:56 pm
      Can is actually a bit of an enigma to me. At times he looks like a world beater, big, strong, able to see a pass or run with it or make a perfectly timed tackle. At others he looks lazy, languid, immobile and a bit of a luxury player.

I guess we will have a better idea in a few months time. I certainly wouldn't be wan...king over him just yet Fed because he is far from the complete player at the moment.

I agree mate, I don't think he will ever be the defensive midfielder I was hoping for. He has a bigger turning circle than the Titanic and isn't the most mobile of players. I think his best role may eventually be similar Toure's, powering forward from central midfield.

Personally I think he has done pretty well since he arrived but he does need to improve if he is ever going to be a regular first choice midfielder. He is only 21 so he has time on his side but maybe needs to watch his weight or fitness as does seem to lack a bit of stamina, unless it is as you say and he is just a bit lazy :)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #774: Sep 05, 2015 01:02:34 pm
      I agree mate, I don't think he will ever be the defensive midfielder I was hoping for. He has a bigger turning circle than the Titanic and isn't the most mobile of players. I think his best role may eventually be similar Toure's, powering forward from central midfield.

Personally I think he has done pretty well since he arrived but he does need to improve if he is ever going to be a regular first choice midfielder. He is only 21 so he has time on his side but maybe needs to watch his weight or fitness as does seem to lack a bit of stamina, unless it is as you say and he is just a bit lazy :)

I don't think he's lazy. My hunch is it's the stamina/build/weight issue.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #775: Sep 05, 2015 02:32:57 pm
      I don't think he's lazy. My hunch is it's the stamina/build/weight issue.

So he is just a lazy, greedy, fat b***ard in training ? :)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #776: Sep 05, 2015 02:37:04 pm
      So he is just a lazy, greedy, fat b***ard in training ? :)

He just has a slow metabolism.  :P
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #777: Sep 05, 2015 03:54:09 pm
      Agree with what most are saying, needs to work on mobility and agility more than anything. Turns slower than a cruise ship as others have said.

Kills him when coupled with his positioning struggles in the midfielder role.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #778: Sep 05, 2015 07:18:37 pm
      Still struggling to see what many of you others do in his current and potential ability.
      Know he is young but he seems to have more negative points that plus points to his game in my opinion.
      No saying he is a bad player at all, just don't see the potential great or possibly world class level within him
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #779: Sep 08, 2015 10:38:42 am
      Was very very good for the world champions last night at hampden, played right side of MF in a 442.

tbf. we (scotland) gave him way too much space though.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #780: Sep 08, 2015 03:31:03 pm
      Was very very good for the world champions last night at hampden, played right side of MF in a 442.

tbf. we (scotland) gave him way too much space though.

Emre can make space himself. I thought the scots played well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #781: Sep 08, 2015 04:28:16 pm
      Emre can make space himself. I thought the scots played well.

Thats true mate.

We did ok last night, we always do ok when we are not expected to win. Friday was the must win game, big let down that defeat to georgia.

Quick Reply