Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Lucas Leiva (Napoli)

Read 21275 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Lucas Leiva (Napoli)
      Reply #46: Aug 01, 2014 12:27:32 pm
      Forget the name; forget the team... I'd never lend any f**king Italian team a player.  >:D

This 100% mate, we've been had enough times to have surely learned our lesson, haven't we... Ian?!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #47: Aug 01, 2014 12:30:13 pm
      Forget the name; forget the team... I'd never lend any f**king Italian team a player.  >:D

Tis fat waiter taking ze piss
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #48: Aug 01, 2014 12:36:56 pm
      Around the 3 minute mark, his deft little touch takes out 2 defenders.
      He can do more than be a simple DM.

Liverpool vs Manchester City 2-2 2014 All Goals and Highlights (International Champions Cup)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #49: Aug 01, 2014 12:59:52 pm
      Around the 3 minute mark, his deft little touch takes out 2 defenders.
      He can do more than be a simple DM.

Liverpool vs Manchester City 2-2 2014 All Goals and Highlights (International Champions Cup)
      If he didn't kick it to Sterling that would have been a mistake. He didn't make a mistake that time but he makes too many in important games.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #50: Aug 01, 2014 01:01:05 pm
      If he didn't kick it to Sterling that would have been a mistake. He didn't make a mistake that time but he makes too many in important games.

IF what good is IF, IF it didn't happen?

He had the vision and the confidence to play the pass, the accuracy to pull it off, that's good enough for me.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #51: Aug 01, 2014 01:08:54 pm

He had the vision and the confidence to play the pass, the accuracy to pull it off, that's good enough for me.
      Do you have a short memory or not watch all our games? Satisticly almost half the tackles end up in a free kick for the other team. He doesn't create that many goals. He has good passing accuracy but that isn't enough to say he's better than Can or Gerrard.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #52: Aug 01, 2014 01:11:33 pm
      Do you have a short memory or not watch all our games? Liverpool 3-2 Norwich. Right near the end Lucas needlessly gives a free kick away at the end. Luckily they missed. Sometimes you have to concede a free kick but not when there is nothing dangerous. When he tackles almost half the tackles end up in a free kick for the other team. He doesn't create that many goals. He has good passing accuracy but that isn't enough to say he's better than Can or Gerrard.

:D

Don't try insult me. You're talking about last season. Yeah that season we can't do anything about now.

I didn't say start him for every game did i, i mentioned he would be valuable as a squad player which he is.

When did i mention him being better than Gerrard or Caan, oh wait that's right i didn't it was Allen i was comparing him too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #53: Aug 01, 2014 01:13:28 pm

Don't try insult me. You're talking about last season. Yeah that season we can't do anything about now.

I didn't say start him for every game did i, i mentioned he would be valuable as a squad player which he is.

When did i mention him being better than Gerrard or Caan, oh wait that's right i didn't it was Allen i was comparing him too.
      In 27 games he played for us last season he gave away 60 free kicks. 0 goals 0 assists and 9 shots. If we base people on the pre season fitness games lets call Aspas back off loan. What are you basing him to be a valuble squad player from?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #54: Aug 01, 2014 01:18:34 pm
      In 27 games he played for us last season he gave away 60 free kicks. 0 goals 0 assists and 9 shots. If we base people on the pre season fitness games lets call Aspas back off loan. What are you basing him to be a valuble squad player from?

His previous seasons, his not Iago Aspas he didn't have one F***ing per-season with us did he, his been at the club for several years and shown his worth in that time, like others have said he deserves another crack at being a squad player at least.

If you don't think that fair enough but stop with the arrogance in your post's its not necessary and is boring me.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #55: Aug 01, 2014 01:20:44 pm
      His previous seasons, his not Iago Aspas he didn't have one f**king per-season with us did he, his been at the club for several years and shown his worth in that time, like others have said he deserves another crack at being a squad player at least.

If you don't think that fair enough but stop with the arrogance in your post's its not necessary and is boring me.
      It took him a long time to show his worth, now he's gone back to the old Lucas. Are we meant to wait 2 or 3 seasons to get a good season from him again?
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #56: Aug 01, 2014 01:20:48 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #57: Aug 01, 2014 01:23:25 pm
      It took him a long time to show his worth, now he's gone back to the old Lucas. Are we meant to wait 2 or 3 seasons to get a good season from him again?

So what do you suggest? Sell him and weaken the depth of our squad because you feel his the old Lucas.

He won't take seasons and seasons to get back where he was, even if he did that is not the point, he can gain form again and be near where he was and still be of use as a SQUAD PLAYER.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #58: Aug 01, 2014 01:27:51 pm
      So what do you suggest? Sell him and weaken the depth of our squad because you feel his the old Lucas.

He won't take seasons and seasons to get back where he was, even if he did that is not the point, he can gain form again and be near where he was and still be of use as a SQUAD PLAYER.
      If you mean a squad player that is 4th in choice then yes. Although it would be better for Lucas if he played somewhere he can be 1st or 2nd choice and he might get that in another league.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #59: Aug 01, 2014 01:31:42 pm
      If you mean a squad player that is 4th in choice then yes. Although it would be better for Lucas if he played somewhere he can be 1st or 2nd choice and he might get that in another league.

Yes that is what i mean, we do have many competitions we want to stay competitive in and being a 4th choice player he would still be beneficial to us but if out of them four you are placing Allen ahead of him then no, 3rd choice :).

Glad we got that sorted.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #60: Aug 01, 2014 02:15:06 pm

Does he really?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #61: Aug 01, 2014 04:46:41 pm

He did in that particular instance.
      It was beautifully done, perfect weight, took the 2 CB's out of the game, and Sterling did the rest.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #62: Aug 01, 2014 04:51:15 pm

You trying to put words into my mouth?

I didn't say those were his qualities, if you took the time to read the post which you'd see I merely said in that moment he showed all of them qualities and it was good enough for me rather to go back on hindsight if he had messed it up.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #63: Aug 01, 2014 04:51:30 pm
      I think one of Lucas/Allen needs to be sold and replaced with a better player. Stevie is in the twilight of his career and we need another dynamic CM with experience who leads by example. It seems Madrid are keen to sell Khediera.... I'd have him in a heartbeat!! He is not afraid to take responsibility and can play as a holding CDM or as a box-to-box CM.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #64: Aug 01, 2014 07:44:23 pm
      I think one of Lucas/Allen needs to be sold and replaced with a better player. Stevie is in the twilight of his career and we need another dynamic CM with experience who leads by example. It seems Madrid are keen to sell Khediera.... I'd have him in a heartbeat!! He is not afraid to take responsibility and can play as a holding CDM or as a box-to-box CM.

Can will fill that role.
      He's good an will get better.
      He may end up being genuine world class.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #65: Aug 01, 2014 11:06:20 pm
      He did in that particular instance.
      It was beautifully done, perfect weight, took the 2 CB's out of the game, and Sterling did the rest.

You trying to put words into my mouth?

I didn't say those were his qualities, if you took the time to read the post which you'd see I merely said in that moment he showed all of them qualities and it was good enough for me rather to go back on hindsight if he had messed it up.

Sorry lads!

I had literally no idea why I'd posted that in response to vTorres vSuarez vSterling  ;) and have sat here for a good 10 minutes trying to work out what the F**k I was on about.

Finally worked it out and it was supposed to be in response to this gem from my pal Ripu.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #66: Aug 01, 2014 11:18:11 pm
      Sorry lads!

I had literally no idea why I'd posted that in response to vTorres vSuarez vSterling  ;) and have sat here for a good 10 minutes trying to work out what the f**k I was on about.

Finally worked it out and it was supposed to be in response to this gem from my pal Ripu.

I am going to hear that a lot now ain't I, JD's highly popular post hasn't helped my username curse go unnoticed aha. (i have a plan, 3rd time lucky, Sterling will be better than his predecessors and will stay)

And fair enough, makes sense now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #67: Aug 01, 2014 11:20:33 pm

I am going to hear that a lot now ain't I, JD's highly popular post hasn't helped my username curse go unnoticed aha. (i have a plan, 3rd time lucky, Sterling will be better than his predecessors and will stay)

And fair enough, makes sense now.

Seriously mate I hadn't a clue what was going on when I seen your's and Swab's responses.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #68: Aug 01, 2014 11:26:34 pm
      Seriously mate I hadn't a clue what was going on when I seen your's and Swab's responses.

Its all good, i think the same thing happened to another poster the other day, quoted the wrong person, not sure if its the fault of the site or the posters in question.

On topic, reiterate i want Lucas to stay, he will be beneficial to us still as a squad player, i agree he hasn't been the same and yes may have lost some pace, but we haven't been in the CL for so long, we need experienced mature players which is what i feel Lucas can give too the team.

Furthermore i think the emphasis on needing a trophy this season is higher than ever before in Rodgers reign as manager, therefore we can't be weakening our squad when i think players would rather stay than leave, i may be wrong but i think Lucas loves it at the club still and would want to be a part of the squad irregardless of starting week in week out or not.

Quick Reply