Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Jay Rodriguez (Southampton)

Read 17530 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Jay Rodriguez (Southampton)
      Reply #138: Jul 27, 2014 08:46:38 pm
      I like Kroos but not convinced he is better than Lallana.

Wow, really? I'm not sure how you can think that but it's not even worth comparing the two. We were never going to compete with Real Madrid for Kroos.

After Lallana suffering injury, I don't think we'll sign anyone else who'll be out of action for a lengthy period of time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #139: Jul 27, 2014 09:31:35 pm
      6 posts on one page. I think CoutinhoRed wants to be heard.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #140: Jul 27, 2014 10:23:13 pm
      Who knows what will happen. I'm not going to work myself up over it.

Could have fooled me :D

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #141: Jul 28, 2014 04:37:50 am
      I can tell you who is better than Lallana and for a cheaper price..

Tony Kroos

F***ing hell.. Did Kroos want to come here?? Did Kroos even say he is interested to move to England?? All he wanted a huge pay rise, the reason Bayern decided to shelve him (they are also adequately stocked in CM) and he was, for the love of god, in the last year of his contract. Thats why he moved for 20mil

Lewandowski was available on a free. We could have given him 200-per-week, more than what Bayern has offered. Chelsea wanted a new striker. City could have sold Negredo and got Lewa on a free, even and tripled his wages. Does that mean he'll end up in England??

Get a grip before you post something illogical and deride our new boys. Damn it, Lallana hasnt played a game yet and already the bashing on the lad is just f**king irritating
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #142: Jul 28, 2014 04:54:14 am
      F***ing hell.. Did Kroos want to come here?? Did Kroos even say he is interested to move to England?? All he wanted a huge pay rise, the reason Bayern decided to shelve him (they are also adequately stocked in CM) and he was, for the love of god, in the last year of his contract. Thats why he moved for 20mil

Lewandowski was available on a free. We could have given him 200-per-week, more than what Bayern has offered. Chelsea wanted a new striker. City could have sold Negredo and got Lewa on a free, even and tripled his wages. Does that mean he'll end up in England??

Get a grip before you post something illogical and deride our new boys. Damn it, Lallana hasnt played a game yet and already the bashing on the lad is just f**king irritating

Give CoutinhoRed a break mate. He said he'd give Lallana a chance before he judged him...

Well he has had a month to impress and to be fair Lallana has done F**k all!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #143: Jul 28, 2014 05:07:00 am
      Give CoutinhoRed a break mate. He said he'd give Lallana a chance before he judged him...

Well he has had a month to impress and to be fair Lallana has done f**k all!

Nah.. I'm just commenting on the Kroos part. If a player is available, it doesnt mean we SHOULD be the front runners for him
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #144: Jul 28, 2014 05:26:33 am
      Nah.. I'm just commenting on the Kroos part. If a player is available, it doesnt mean we SHOULD be the front runners for him

Was just backing you up mate. CR claimed he'd give Adam a chance first but it's nice to see he is comparing his signing with another player and both are yet to play a minute for their new clubs.

Reading back, the joke in my post is very disguised :D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #145: Jul 28, 2014 06:26:02 am
      Was just backing you up mate. CR claimed he'd give Adam a chance first but it's nice to see he is comparing his signing with another player and both are yet to play a minute for their new clubs.

Reading back, the joke in my post is very disguised :D

;D.. Yeah realizing the disguise now. Was probably too asleep to dig it out at first  ;D
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #146: Jul 28, 2014 06:56:16 am
      I really think we need to move on from Southampton players. If BR is seriously looking at him he should wait until the winter transfer window to see how his fitness is or just wait until next summer. He'll be cheaper when Southampton is relegated because of all the PL theft this year.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #147: Jul 28, 2014 07:04:12 am
      Jay Rodriguez....

yea he's definitely good enough....

no question....

yup.... definitely a Liverpool quality player....
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #148: Jul 28, 2014 09:16:06 am
      Getting to be embarrassing to keep raiding the saints, surely our scouts are watching other teams too??
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #149: Jul 28, 2014 09:16:28 am
      Links to this player are horse manure. I would have to question Rodgers sanity if he was genuinely interested in Rodriguez.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #150: Jul 28, 2014 10:14:43 am
      Ask yourself this:

Our scouts are supposedly scouting not only Europe, but the whole world, looking for the best players at the right prices who can fit into our squad.

Does it really, truly make sense that out of ALL the players available, the best options are three (for sure and possibly a fourth) players from a midtable team that finished 8th last season and only a few years ago was in the Championship?

really?  they scoured the planet and the best they could come up with was Lallana for an absurd fee, Rickie Lambert, Dejan Lovren and Jay Rodriguez?

really?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #151: Jul 28, 2014 10:19:38 am
      Ask yourself this:

Our scouts are supposedly scouting not only Europe, but the whole world, looking for the best players at the right prices who can fit into our squad.

Does it really, truly make sense that out of ALL the players available, the best options are three (for sure and possibly a fourth) players from a midtable team that finished 8th last season and only a few years ago was in the Championship?

really?  they scoured the planet and the best they could come up with was Lallana for an absurd fee, Rickie Lambert, Dejan Lovren and Jay Rodriguez?

really?

Yes mate, think about it. It's what our manager wants.
      so.. it's what we need.
      Nah, 4 players from one team is weird and I'm against the forth one, it's one too many.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,621 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #152: Jul 28, 2014 10:30:11 am
      Is the Liverpool scouting department just out on holidays with Southampton's CEO or what the F**k is going on?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #153: Jul 28, 2014 10:35:25 am
      I'm sorry but I still can't bring myself to believe this link. Maybe because I don't want to but surely there are better 'fits', better players, players we can easily afford; than Jay?

Tell you what tho: irrespective of whether or not this is true, or we do or don't sign the lad... when this window closes, the club should seriously consider going back to raid Southampton...

For their scouts (maybe even their youth coaches) - Brendan obviously rates them very highly.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #154: Jul 28, 2014 10:36:59 am
      Going off what Southampton have received for most of their players so far, Rodriguez could cost us up to £20m and that'd be F***ing ridiculous.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #155: Jul 28, 2014 10:54:26 am
      Going off what Southampton have received for most of their players so far, Rodriguez could cost us up to £20m and that'd be f**king ridiculous.

I don't think it'll happen. I find ridiculous how we have taken three of their players already in he space of a month - that is unheard of. Time to scout elsewhere. The more players they sell, the higher the price for each being sold becomes.

And I personally do not see Lambert as a shrewd signing. I think he'll struggle to get minutes here and when we see him he may appear a little rusty. He and Borini are not good enough to be LFC players. Hopefully we'll isolate Borini, forcing him to leave for regular playing time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #156: Jul 28, 2014 11:05:09 am
      I'm sorry but I still can't bring myself to believe this link.

Likewise Mouse.

Can't see this one happening.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #157: Jul 28, 2014 11:17:09 am
      Perspective - our first XI was blitzing pretty much every team in the League. Our bench, however, was lacking severely in quality.

Which to you needs strengthening?

"Was" is the operative word and a lot of that was because of the off the ball movement by Suarez. What your players do off the ball has just as large an impact on the game as what they do on the ball and we now lack anyone that defenders will find difficult to handle. A lot of the goals scored by Sturridge and Sterling were either laid on by Suarez or were a direct result of his off the ball movement pulling defenders out of position allowing others the space they needed to create something. We've lost far more than 31 goals a season by loosing Suarez and for me we haven't replaced any of the other key aspects of his game with any signing we've made so far and that is what we need to be focusing on. Is that really what you're going to get by either Rodders or Bony? Are they really £20 million strikers? There's far more to a modern goal scorer than simply banging in goals, especially when we're going to be playing against the world's best defenders in the UCL next season and neither of those players represent value for money at that price. If spent wisely, we have enough money to bring in a top quality Left back and a top quality forward who has many of those characteristics we've lost. History has shown you need the best offence and the best defence to win the league, one without the other is meaningless.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #158: Jul 28, 2014 11:23:57 am
      I actually like Rodriguez but struggle to see what extra he could bring to our squad that we don't already have.

Remy for me was a no brainer and you could easily see him fitting into our side.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #159: Jul 28, 2014 11:46:08 am
      I actually like Rodriguez but struggle to see what extra he could bring to our squad that we don't already have.

Remy for me was a no brainer and you could easily see him fitting into our side.

If he came he'd be ahead of Borini and Lambert for sure. He's not a bad player but we could certainly do better than him. If he was going for £10m I'd say get him, but he'd go for £20m or close to that at least. Not particularly fussed with any PL strikers to be honest. Lukaku is lazy, Bony is someone who needs to be fed (same as Sturridge) and then you've got J-Rod who is okay but will not set the world alight.

Maybe we should start scouting in a different league.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #160: Jul 28, 2014 11:54:37 am
      Maybe we should start scouting in a different league.

Maybe we have?

Quick Reply