Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Javier Manquillo (Atletico Madrid)

Read 14695 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Re: Javier Manquillo (Atletico Madrid)
      Reply #69: Aug 01, 2014 11:13:02 am
      What is your thinking Si: Ryan loaned out, for more experience, then brought back as understudy to Manquillo [with Glen moved on]?

I think so Mouse.

Like I've said before I employ a guy who is big pals with Ryan so he can find out a few things about him when he is back home and the only thing I heard recently is that Ryan has been told he is with the U21 squad for now which is why he didn't go to the US.

I think there isn't much point in him playing more reserve football in the coming season and he needs a more long term loan to develop.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #70: Aug 01, 2014 11:25:00 am
      Like I've said before I employ a guy who is big pals with Ryan
      You employ people Si? I didn't know that; what do you work at?... Gizza a job.

Anyhows...

I think there isn't much point in him playing more reserve football in the coming season and he needs a more long term loan to develop.
      I can see where you're coming from but to be fair Manquillo hasn't a sh*t load of experience either and is only a few months older. Right now [before any transfers] we have Glen, then Jon, then Ryan in [pecking] order. If Ryan goes (to gain experience) where do you see Manquillo slotting into that order - a) now and b) next season?

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #71: Aug 01, 2014 12:36:41 pm
      No the Echo "Rumor Mill" is not the same as The Echo "Reporting" The rumor mill is trash from all over the globe aggregated that's why they call it "The Rumor Mill"

The Echo is reporting that the deal is a long way off and negotiations have just begun.

Are you like the Scouse version of karl pilkington or something?
      I never said Echo were reporting that. From the very start I said it is what the Echo said Spanish reporters are saying. For your information most people like Karl Pilkington which I can't exactly say most people like AZPatriot. Especially when this AZPatriot puts peoples words in their mouth to tell them they're wrong. This is the article from Marca i was refereing to.

Javier Manquillo will play for Liverpool on loan for the next two seasons, with a purchase option in the region of €6 million.
      However, the Manzanares outfit's executives are maintaining the possibility of bringing him back if they deem it to be the right move in the future, and provided that Atlético are playing Champions League football.
      The people in charge at the Vicente Calderón are clearly interested in the Spanish full-back developing as a player in the hope that he will one day end up triumphing with Atleti, and the idea was never to pawn him off. As a result, the Madrid-based club insisted on including terms in the deal so that the player can pull on the 'Rojiblancos' shirt once again if he makes the sort of progress which Atlético expect.
      There is no doubt about the club's confidence in the player, but what he needs at the moment is game time so that he can continue to improve his football. This is something which seemed virtually impossible if he were to remain in the Spanish capital, with Juanfran comprising one of Simeone's indisputable starters.
      The club will officially announce Manquillo's loan in a matter of hours. In the meantime, Atlético are also working on the departure of Emiliano Insúa, a player who does not form part of the manager's plans.

Read more: Manquillo moves to Merseyside - MARCA.com (English version)

It was on 24th July. From what I thought Marca was an okay source but I am in doubt of that now. Altough all I simply said Echo said Marca were reporting this. Which they infact were.

This sentence below was on Echo's rumour mill on 24th July.

Liverpool have sealed a deal for Atletico Madrid right-back Javier Manquillo, according to Marca.

I understand the difference between Echo's own material and when they simply set a link up to another site but thanks for explaining it Captain Obvious.
      « Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014 12:52:59 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #72: Aug 01, 2014 08:49:26 pm
      Sounds a bit dodgy that can just yank him back at their convenience. We could play him regularly this season where he might turn out to be handy an them tw@ts can just say thank you very much we'll have back now ta. They're virtually guaranteed CL, so they're sitting very pretty indeed on this one! FFS :f_steam:

I wonder if they'll play De Sciglio tomorrow night! Food for thought for Brendan and an opportunity to see him at close quarters.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #73: Aug 01, 2014 09:29:32 pm
      You're not alone mate.  I don't think we should be loaning other clubs players at all. Far too small time for my liking.

Have to say I agree with this but for better or for worse this is just the way FSG are going to do things.  On the one hand it's very small time but on the other hand it has saved us with players like Cissokho, Sahin etc.  so I'm not quite sure how I feel about it.

We need competition at RB, but I'm just hoping that the fact it's a loan means we have a set budget and the transfer committee wants to put that money elsewhere on a big player and sees this as a way to provide Johnson with competition while not breaking the bank.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #74: Aug 01, 2014 11:12:27 pm
      You employ people Si? I didn't know that; what do you work at?... Gizza a job.

Just started our own business, me and the missus, a franchise of the Cookiebox from Belfast.

I can see where you're coming from but to be fair Manquillo hasn't a sh*t load of experience either and is only a few months older. Right now [before any transfers] we have Glen, then Jon, then Ryan in [pecking] order. If Ryan goes (to gain experience) where do you see Manquillo slotting into that order - a) now and b) next season?

Right now I'd have Flanno and Jose as our fullbacks so I guess I see Glen next then Manquillo although I have a feeling Glen might move on this window.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #75: Aug 02, 2014 09:06:13 am
      Just started our own business, me and the missus, a franchise of the Cookiebox from Belfast.
      Excellent. Chuffed for you buddy; good luck.  8)

Right now I'd have Flanno and Jose as our fullbacks so I guess I see Glen next then Manquillo although I have a feeling Glen might move on this window.
      For me it would still be Glen & Jose - they were part of a very solid back five [the only two left in fact] and I'm working on the 'theory' that it was the changes (some by accident, others by design) to that back five which cost us, defensively, last season.

Let's be honest tho'; we aren't going to be paying eleventy million for a new defence and not play it so... I'm probably wide of the mark. We could very well end up with a defensive unit which reads - Mignolet, Moreno, Manquillo, Lovren & Sakho. Interesting times ahead.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #76: Aug 02, 2014 09:38:21 am
      You're not alone mate.

I don't think we should be loaning other clubs players at all. Far too small time for my liking.

I naturally sway to being against loan deals but then I think thank F**k we only loaned and not bought Cissokho and Moses.

Pros and cons.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #77: Aug 02, 2014 10:02:27 am

Tell you what, this guy looks to have great acceleration, gets forward in the blink of an eye, gets into great positions, looks defensively sound and all round looks well balanced with some flair added into the mix.
      I like it.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #78: Aug 02, 2014 10:55:14 am
      I naturally sway to being against loan deals but then I think thank F**k we only loaned and not bought Cissokho and Moses.

Pros and cons.

Ha ha... I can see how that would scar you Wahs - then again; 'top clubs' very rarely lend other 'top clubs' their best players anyhow so what happened, with Cissokho and Moses, was hardly surprising [not that the same will happen with Manquillo, of course].

Had we bought (for e.g.) say, Guilherme Siqueira and Konoplayanko, instead of loaning Cissokho and Moses maybe the title would have been back home. Ifs, buts and maybes...

The problem I have [had] with loans are that they are, very often, the cheap option rather than the right one - i.e. instead of spending on Siqueira we saved money by loaning Cissokho.

For example (and only that); if we need a right-back and our scouts have deemed Manquillo as the best option 'out there', then surely the committee don't need to second guess them; surely they trust them? And if they don't trust their [own] judgement; well...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #79: Aug 02, 2014 11:09:55 am
      Excellent. Chuffed for you buddy; good luck.  8)

Cheers mate! I'm still managing my uncle's business as well for the time being just as we see how things go but we plan to do another shop early next all being well. Going really well so far!

For me it would still be Glen & Jose - they were part of a very solid back five [the only two left in fact] and I'm working on the 'theory' that it was the changes (some by accident, others by design) to that back five which cost us, defensively, last season.

Let's be honest tho'; we aren't going to be paying eleventy million for a new defence and not play it so... I'm probably wide of the mark. We could very well end up with a defensive unit which reads - Mignolet, Moreno, Manquillo, Lovren & Sakho. Interesting times ahead.

I actually would have no massive problem with Glen starting but just on recent form I'd have Flanno ahead of him but Glen has been a very good LB for us and if we did go with both of them I'd prefer them to swap and Glen to start on the left.

If we do go with a brand new back four then it will be interesting times ahead but personally I'd prefer to make the changes more gradual and wouldn't even be against starting the season like this

Flanagan  Skrtel  Sakho  Johnson
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #80: Aug 02, 2014 11:22:38 am
      Ha ha... I can see how that would scar you Wahs - then again; 'top clubs' very rarely lend other 'top clubs' their best players anyhow so what happened, with Cissokho and Moses, was hardly surprising [not that the same will happen with Manquillo, of course].

Had we bought (for e.g.) say, Guilherme Siqueira and Konoplayanko, instead of loaning Cissokho and Moses maybe the title would have been back home. Ifs, buts and maybes...

The problem I have [had] with loans are that they are, very often, the cheap option rather than the right one - i.e. instead of spending on Siqueira we saved money by loaning Cissokho.

For example (and only that); if we need a right-back and our scouts have deemed Manquillo as the best option 'out there', then surely the committee don't need to second guess them; surely they trust them? And if they don't trust their [own] judgement; well...

Have we ever had a loan deal that worked out well? I remember Anelka playing alright until Houllier's error in judgment?

Off topic, who is the guy on the picture of your Twitter profile mate? Know I'm going to kick myself.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #81: Aug 02, 2014 11:36:44 am
      Off topic, who is the guy on the picture of your Twitter profile mate? Know I'm going to kick myself.
      Bad Boy Bubby [Nicholas Hope].
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #82: Aug 02, 2014 12:51:34 pm

Ah right, I'm not kicking myself. Never heard of it until now so Googled it and feel like I need to see the film now.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #83: Aug 02, 2014 01:00:00 pm
      Ah right, I'm not kicking myself. Never heard of it until now so Googled it and feel like I need to see the film now.
      It ain't for the faint of heart (or even the sane) mate. Twisted, dark (very dark), upsetting, funny, challenging; yet strangely uplifting - a cult classic and one of my favourite films of all time.  >:D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #84: Aug 02, 2014 01:07:48 pm
      It ain't for the faint of heart (or even the sane) mate. Twisted, dark (very dark), upsetting, funny, challenging; yet strangely uplifting - a cult classic and one of my favourite films of all time.  >:D

Sound, I'll watch that with my little lad tonight.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #85: Aug 02, 2014 01:44:14 pm
      Sound, I'll watch that with my little lad tonight.

:D
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #86: Aug 02, 2014 08:44:06 pm
      Rumours going around that Barca want shot of Alves and we're supposedly thinking of submitting a cheeky £5M bid.

For that money and yeah I know he's knocking on a bit, I'd go for it. Follow through with the Manquillo loan and let Johnson go on a free.

I'd rather manquillo be an understudy to Alves as opposed to Johnson.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #87: Aug 02, 2014 10:39:59 pm
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #88: Aug 03, 2014 03:27:18 am
      Alves. For that money and yeah I know he's knocking on a bit, I'd go for it

Wages
      LFCexiled
      Reply #89: Aug 03, 2014 12:37:26 pm

You ain't kidding mate, just watched the first five minutes and I need a shower.  ;D

Viewer discretion is advised....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jznUWGC9ewA

Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #90: Aug 03, 2014 12:47:20 pm

Which is why I said release Johnson on a free. ???

If we're having to fork out that kind of wage then I'd far rather it be on someone like Alves.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #91: Aug 03, 2014 02:01:17 pm
      Which is why I said release Johnson on a free. ???

Johnson won't agree to that though.

Quick Reply