Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220681 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #943: Jan 27, 2015 10:38:01 pm

You have to question the other players back there allowing it to happen. I saw Skrtel marking Terry which makes sense but then the next best header of a ball in the side HAS to mark Ivanovic (who is right up there with Terry, remember he scored against us at Anfield in a Champions League Semi-Final). Can or Stevie have to take responsibility for marking Ivanovic.

Not excising Balotelli. I want him gone. Just angry he has ended up marking a player who scores 6-7 goals per season and mindful of the fact Brendan told us all "the lad had never marked at a corner before"
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #944: Jan 27, 2015 10:41:11 pm
      The least I expected of him when he came on was for him to provide the extra energy and close down their defense. But all I saw was Sterling still running his ass off at the 120th minute when Balo just stood and watched.
      I just don't think he has the right attitude to provide us with consistent quality.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #945: Jan 27, 2015 10:41:15 pm
      You have to question the other players back there allowing it to happen. I saw Skrtel marking Terry which makes sense but then the next best header of a ball in the side HAS to mark Ivanovic (who is right up there with Terry, remember he scored against us at Anfield in a Champions League Semi-Final). Can or Stevie have to take responsibility for marking Ivanovic.

Not excising Balotelli. I want him gone. Just angry he has ended up marking a player who scores 6-7 goals per season and mindful of the fact Brendan told us all "the lad had never marked at a corner before"

Fully agree. And looking back on replays, Johnson wasn't on anyone. Why not put two on Terry, or two on Ivanovic? I don't think it would have changed the result, but you don't have your striker defending a F***ing corner or free kick.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #946: Jan 27, 2015 11:33:35 pm
      We paid £7mill roughly for Aspas to do nothing for a season. Mange to bin him off (all be it on loan) and then go and pay more than double for Balotelli to do F**k all. Surely we should be learning a lesson here...
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #947: Jan 27, 2015 11:38:15 pm
      We paid £7mill roughly for Aspas to do nothing for a season. Mange to bin him off (all be it on loan) and then go and pay more than double for Balotelli to do f**k all. Surely we should be learning a lesson here...

Just spend 30 on a top player who suits and don't waste two years?

F***ing moneyball and trying to be too clever
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #948: Jan 27, 2015 11:42:35 pm
      Was a massive gamble at the time and it's backfired on us spectacularly. Before he came here he looked like he had that moment of quality in him but even that has deserted him.

Got to go asap.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #949: Jan 28, 2015 03:55:49 am
      Just awful.
      StevieGTheCaptain8
      • Forum Ian St John

• 444 posts | 11 
      • Italian Fan
      Reply #950: Jan 28, 2015 09:18:27 am
      NEVER AGAIN IN A RED SHIRT. Lazy, touched 3 balls lost 4, gave the bad ball to Lucas and didn't marked. Had 3 opportunities to have a good chance, made them sh*t. Second division player overrated by us in Italy.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #951: Jan 28, 2015 11:57:40 am
      How to make your manager/coach look like a complete numpty.You really can't defend the indefensible. And yet, some people still try :roll:
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #952: Jan 28, 2015 12:24:12 pm
      didnt look like a man who had something to prove! he's happy to be a big  name in football without actually playing well or scoring. to be fair he's not a loan striker type player and has only looked good when partnered with Sturridge. So time will tell if we change the systme when DS is back so we have more fire power or BR will try get rid to free up funds and wages
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #953: Jan 28, 2015 12:26:44 pm
      Loan him to Everton. It will help their relegation chances.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #954: Jan 28, 2015 02:44:12 pm
      We paid £7mill roughly for Aspas to do nothing for a season. Mange to bin him off (all be it on loan) and then go and pay more than double for Balotelli to do f**k all. Surely we should be learning a lesson here...

Honestly, I think I'd have preferred Aspas. Seriously.

Loan him to Everton. It will help their relegation chances.

Yeah, help them get relegated! :laugh:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #955: Jan 28, 2015 02:50:36 pm
      My only slight defence for4 him yesterday was that he might be a bit rusty but overall I have been massively underwhelmed by him, even playing in an unfamiliar system he should be creating a hell of a lot more than he does, he just doesn't seem to link up with any of the other players, which after half a year is F***ing scary!!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #956: Jan 28, 2015 02:58:19 pm
      My only slight defence for4 him yesterday was that he might be a bit rusty but overall I have been massively underwhelmed by him, even playing in an unfamiliar system he should be creating a hell of a lot more than he does, he just doesn't seem to link up with any of the other players, which after half a year is f**king scary!!

I find these collection of excuses for Mario embarrassing. He is his own problem, and the sooner he packs his bags the better. Why we signed him is beyond me.

And to note, if he cannot lead the line as a lone striker for a club of this magnitude, then he shouldn't even be here. It's been a trend of this club to possess world class strikers: Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez and Sturridge, all of whom have proven time and again that they can lead the attack in isolation.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #957: Jan 28, 2015 05:53:17 pm

Exactly!
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #958: Jan 28, 2015 05:56:58 pm
      Id let him go on a free he is that bad for the club. Hes a lazy F**k puts 0 effort in, bad to have him around young players id be pissed off if he was on more money than me for doing F**k all
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #959: Jan 28, 2015 06:00:10 pm
      Id let him go on a free he is that bad for the club. Hes a lazy f**k puts 0 effort in, bad to have him around young players id be pissed off if he was on more money than me for doing f**k all

Yes but he keeps the crowd in row Z on their feet.........

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #960: Jan 29, 2015 12:45:58 pm
      bad attitude, lazy, big ego always looking to score a worldy rather than just tap it in. he has ability in his locker but he's lost the key and i dont think he will ever find it.
      sell him off to get rid of his wages to pay for Sterlings new deal, would rather player Jerome Sinclair,ibe,sterling, up top over him at the moment. Hes had a dressing down so how he reacts now will tell us all we need to know about his intentions. FIGHT OR FLIGHT moment for him I would start him Sat give him a half to prove he wants to be here.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,221 posts | 4919 
      Reply #961: Jan 29, 2015 12:48:44 pm
      Never going to work out here and this is coming from a fan of his.

We'd lose nothing from the squad even if we sold him now and that says it all really.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #962: Jan 29, 2015 12:51:39 pm
      Never going to work out here and this is coming from a fan of his.

We'd lose nothing from the squad even if we sold him now and that says it all really.
      totally agree mate i've been bigging him up saying he will get 15 goals for us this season but for some reasons some of them down to the formation but mostly down to him its not worked out that way. If played with a partner i still think he will get goals but does he want to work for it is the real question.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #963: Jan 29, 2015 02:37:55 pm
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,331 posts | 182 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #964: Jan 29, 2015 04:03:30 pm

You can call me a softy or whatever you like but I still really hope he makes it here. He is certainly not as bad as some people suddenly seem to "obviously" realize. Anyway I still want to see him playing with Sturridge.

Hell some people had patience on Carroll and he was a lumbering half-dunkey giant.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #965: Jan 29, 2015 04:39:33 pm
      Well lest all hope this article is true and its not because his agent cant find another top club that want him, i still think he has ability in there but BR needs to bring it out of him. he's been told we wont buckle and bend down to him and he's no superstar so its now all down to Mario so sort his lid out crack on in training and start working harder. Even if he's not scoring but he's setting up goals we will be happy, lets be honest none of us want him to fail as it dont do us any good

Quick Reply