Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220713 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #1495: Jul 24, 2015 04:51:24 am
      And yet so many of us want him here in Liverpool.Honestly,you should read his wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Balotelli

It´s some bizarre stuff and lets you know why so many people (myself included) hate him.To want a guy that has been criticized by 3 different managers and 2 captains (and not just any captains,gentlemen like Javier Zanetti and Steven Gerrard) to play for your team is not caring much about your club´s reputation.To still want him to play after the season he had is sheer madness.

Don't know why you would hate him...did he personally attack you? If you do not know him how can you hate him?

After seeing your posts on this forum I don't hate you but I think I would rather have Mario posting here much more than yourself.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1496: Jul 28, 2015 03:42:44 pm
      his cockyness has stopped him becoming a top world class player, he has the ability to do it but his attitude lets him down, he's like a rubbish version of ibra.
      he thinks he's done enough to justiy world class status without putting in the work. this was his last chance and a big name club he will now be a big fish in a small pond playing for smaller clubs who can pay his wages so Middle east or maybe USA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1497: Jul 28, 2015 04:06:39 pm
      Wanted him to do well for us, and he might yet get another season, but I don't see it clicking, his lack of pressing and lack of running without the ball is not good.

Frustrating is the word for mad wario.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1498: Jul 29, 2015 12:17:00 am
      Wanted him to do well for us, and he might yet get another season, but I don't see it clicking, his lack of pressing and lack of running without the ball is not good.

Frustrating is the word for mad wario.

If nobody signs him this summer then I'm not sure he would even get registered in the squad at the start of the season.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1499: Jul 29, 2015 12:27:50 am
      According to the Daily Mail, Sampdoria think our valuation of £7.1m for Balotelli is too high.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3177181/Mario-Balotelli-wanted-Sampdoria-Liverpool-lower-7-1m-asking-price-says-Serie-club-president.html

They'll do anything to avoid paying a penny won't they.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1500: Jul 29, 2015 12:30:03 am
      If nobody signs him this summer then I'm not sure he would even get registered in the squad at the start of the season.

We could always keep him for spot kick duty.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1501: Jul 29, 2015 11:10:51 am
      by the looks of things unless a rich middle eastan club come in for him he will be a LFC player next summer as he's not a wanted man which is a shame due to his talent. but if you have the wrong attitude then teams dont want you and i'm struggling to see why we took the gamble now
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1502: Jul 31, 2015 12:37:25 am
      Mario Balotelli told he has no future at Liverpool as striker trains away from first-team

Rarely in the past has Brendan Rodgers asked members of the senior squad to train separately
      Sam Wallace   Author Biography
      Chief Football Correspondent
      Thursday 30 July 2015

Mario Balotelli has been told he has no future with Liverpool and the striker is training away from the first-team squad along with Fabio Borini and Jose Enrique, whom the club are also looking to offload this summer.

Balotelli, 24, was not on the pre-season tour to Thailand, Australia and Malaysia, and neither has he been included in the squads for the friendly games against HJK Helsinki in Finland tomorrow or Swindon Town on Sunday.

The club want £10m for a player who cost them £16m to sign last summer and they anticipate that any deal will probably go to the final day of the transfer window on  1 September.

Rarely in the past has Brendan Rodgers asked members of the senior squad to train separately – Luis Suarez did so after his demand to leave the club in the summer of 2013 – but the Liverpool manager has told Balotelli that he does not want him around the first team.

It is telling that, although Rickie Lambert’s departure to West Bromwich Albion is imminent, the Englishman is still part of the first-team group in training.
      Lambert’s deal is in the final stages with the negotiations now over the structure of the £3m payment from West Bromwich. There has been interest from Norwich City and Leicester City in Lambert but West Bromwich have always been the key contenders for his signature.

The future for Balotelli is less certain. Liverpool’s asking price is far too high for Bologna, who have expressed an interest, and the likelihood is that a solution will be found by the player’s agent Mino Raiola, who has moved him before. There has been no official approach to Liverpool over Borini from West Ham. Enrique’s future is also uncertain, with no major interest in him yet.

The Helsinki game is Rodgers’ main focus and he has named a strong squad. The likelihood is that Christian Benteke, the £32.5m signing from Aston Villa, will make his debut against Swindon on Sunday. That will possibly be Roberto Firmino’s debut too – he is also not travelling to Helsinki.

At least this season it seems that Brendan is making sure that players know when they are no longer wanted. He should have made it clearer to Borini last season when we had a good offer for him.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1503: Jul 31, 2015 07:59:09 am
      Aside from not doing anything near enough when on the field what has he done to merit being banished from training with or near the first team?

Unless he done something that were not privy to then I go on record as saying I think its a disgraceful way to trat a player, who as far as we know as not broke any disipline rules or asked to leave the club.

Ok no issue at all with him not being in the managers plans thats the managers call, but why banish him from training with the team? Ill reiterate the point that there may be things we dont know about but there may not be.

Disappointed in that kind of behaviour from the club and the manager to be honest 
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1504: Jul 31, 2015 08:03:41 am
      Well those 3 banished are the social media kings of LFC, perhaps the club are not happy with that. ;D

But simply I think its just a case of pointless putting them in game situes when they are not expected to be in this seasons plans, and they are probably busy with agents getting a move.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      Reply #1505: Jul 31, 2015 08:05:37 am
      Well those 3 banished are the social media kings of LFC, perhaps the club are not happy with that. ;D

But simply I think its just a case of pointless putting them in game situes when they are not expected to be in this seasons plans, and they are probably busy with agents getting a move.

whose the other 2? i only read about Mario
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1506: Jul 31, 2015 08:13:56 am
      YNWA!

(unless Rodgers gets tired of you and wants you gone, then you'll definitely walk alone)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1507: Jul 31, 2015 08:26:47 am
      YNWA!

(unless Rodgers gets tired of you and wants you gone, then you'll definitely walk alone)

Yet you wouldn't take issue with this if it was say Allen, Borini or Moreno?

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1508: Jul 31, 2015 08:33:26 am
      whose the other 2? i only read about Mario

Enrique and Borini mate.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #1509: Jul 31, 2015 08:35:42 am
      I think what Mario is going thru at the moment is disgraceful, and i dont believe its the Liverpool way of doing things.

I also believe BRs man management skill still needs to be looked at, cos for me good tending to great players dont become bad overnight.

Have we as LFC really managed this lad well? Has he really done anything to warrant this treatment.

Dont lets forget the current captain of the club was almost shipped out too, even before we had a full assessment of his capabilities.

I'm not saying Mario has covered himself in glory but I think this can have been handled differently.

If i was a buying club after this action i'll think twice before coming with an offer, and i eventually do i'll try to squeeze out LFC as much as possible.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      Reply #1510: Jul 31, 2015 09:03:51 am

Again no issue with them not being in the plans but why banish them from training with there team mates? There still contracted Liverpool players who as far as were aware have broke no rules so why ban them from training with the team? Not impressed with that way of operating at all from the club there 
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1511: Jul 31, 2015 09:30:51 am
      This will blow up in Brendan's face, disgraceful treatment of a player, just shows his man-managing abilities, hope Balo stands his ground.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1512: Jul 31, 2015 09:36:05 am
      I think what Mario is going thru at the moment is disgraceful, and i dont believe its the Liverpool way of doing things.

I also believe BRs man management skill still needs to be looked at, cos for me good tending to great players dont become bad overnight.

Have we as LFC really managed this lad well? Has he really done anything to warrant this treatment.

Dont lets forget the current captain of the club was almost shipped out too, even before we had a full assessment of his capabilities.

I'm not saying Mario has covered himself in glory but I think this can have been handled differently.

If i was a buying club after this action i'll think twice before coming with an offer, and i eventually do i'll try to squeeze out LFC as much as possible.

Desperate actions to push people out that refuse to leave, but aren't wanted! Maybe this is the only way.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1513: Jul 31, 2015 09:46:24 am
      All this vitriol directed at the manager is puzzling.
      If the player is seen to be providing nothing of any value in the vast majority of games, indeed it has been said by some on this very forum that his description as a striker is a case for the Trading Standards Office, Balotell's continued presence can only hinder his team mates.

If any component proves detrimental to performance and resists all attempts at improving or adjustment for the general good, it must be removed.
      In the case of Balotelli that detriment is evident at every level it transpires with match-day appearances the most grievous, it is unfortunate and nobody could have been more optimistic than BR when Mario arrived full of enthusiasm - if wishing were enough LFC would be champions every season by way of the support spirit - Mario lacks the accessories to go beyond  enthusiasm.

The team, in training and on the big day will suffer because of his shortcomings.       
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1514: Jul 31, 2015 09:52:32 am
      This will blow up in Brendan's face, disgraceful treatment of a player, just shows his man-managing abilities, hope Balo stands his ground.

What ground??
      You mean that square yard on match-day he could put a fence around and grow stuff?
      What makes you think he is any different in training?
      If he refuses to do it on the day when does he crack on?

Wumming again it is, get a life.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1515: Jul 31, 2015 10:06:46 am

Desperate actions to push people out that refuse to leave, but aren't wanted! Maybe this is the only way.

Fazakerley mate, what else does the manager do?
      With the exception of Enrique they both are content to put in the time and hold their hand out.
      Borini and his agent are the perfect example and from the indications it seems that BR is of the opinion Balotelli will carry on in a similar fashion.
      Borini has shown how easy it is to extract money while doing F**k all to merit such payment and how difficult it is to remedy that situation, BR could be getting his game-plan up and running before the event.
      Balotelli looks to be going down that road.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1516: Jul 31, 2015 10:30:20 am
      As much as I think we need to sell the player its not the way a professional manager should act, he should have told him last season as soon as he didnt want him in his team. "look for another club please as i will not be taking you on pre-season and you will not make the bench" not "apparently" make him train away from the first team we might as well just terminate or offer him out for 5mil.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1517: Jul 31, 2015 10:32:49 am
      What ground??
      You mean that square yard on match-day he could put a fence around and grow stuff?
      What makes you think he is any different in training?
      If he refuses to do it on the day when does he crack on?

Wumming again it is, get a life.

I have a life, rest assured. On my coffee break, among other things, i have a look around the forum.

I forgot,  that in your opinion, God Brendan is always right.

Quick Reply