Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Euro 2016 Qualifiers

Read 27001 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Euro 2016 Qualifiers
      Oct 10, 2014 09:28:00 pm
      No thread yet so we might as well start one. 

And what better way to do so than to mention that Aquilani is playing in the Italian national team right now against Azerbaijan.

;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Euro 2016 Qualifiers
      Reply #1: Oct 11, 2014 10:40:32 am
      No thread yet so we might as well start one. 

And what better way to do so than to mention that Aquilani is playing in the Italian national team right now against Azerbaijan.

;D

he needs a haircut !

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2: Oct 11, 2014 08:22:18 pm
      Record win for Ireland today against Gibraltar 7-0 COYBIG
      *Edit* Actually our record win was 8-0 against Cypress. Oops.
      « Last Edit: Oct 11, 2014 11:10:52 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: Oct 11, 2014 09:33:07 pm
      Poland about to beat Germany for the 1st time ever, 2-0 with 89 mins gone. (ITV 4)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Oct 11, 2014 10:37:27 pm
      Poland about to beat Germany for the 1st time ever, 2-0 with 89 mins gone. (ITV 4)

Not actually surprised by that, didn't really like the look of the fullbacks for the Germans tonight. Haven't seen the game so don't know how they have actually played like.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Oct 11, 2014 10:41:06 pm
      Not actually surprised by that, didn't really like the look of the fullbacks for the Germans tonight. Haven't seen the game so don't know how they have actually played like.

Germany were ok to be honest. They had a few 1st teamers out, hit the post/bar, but Poland got the goals.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #6: Oct 11, 2014 11:08:35 pm
      Germany were ok to be honest. They had a few 1st teamers out, hit the post/bar, but Poland got the goals.
      Germany 23 shots, 0 goals, Poland 3 shots, 2 Goals!   It's a funny old game!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4925 
      Reply #7: Oct 12, 2014 10:01:58 am
      Record win for Ireland today against Gibraltar 7-0 COYBIG
      *Edit* Actually our record win was 8-0 against Cypress. Oops.

And there was me thinking you were from Armagh  :f_tongueincheek:  ;D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #8: Oct 12, 2014 10:48:17 am
      And there was me thinking you were from Armagh  :f_tongueincheek:  ;D
      I'm not welcome at Windsor mate  ;)
      The poor folks there are already "up to there knees in Fenian blood", would want to wet there feet anymore.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Oct 12, 2014 10:59:36 am by ORCHARD RED »
      IM
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | 12 
      Reply #9: Oct 12, 2014 12:54:37 pm
      Slovakia 2 : Spain 1 :-)

Great result !
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4925 
      Reply #10: Oct 12, 2014 03:08:37 pm
      I'm not welcome at Windsor mate  ;)
      The poor folks there are already "up to there knees in Fenian blood", would want to wet there feet anymore.  ;D

;D

Don't go there myself either mate.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #11: Oct 13, 2014 10:11:52 am
      Maybe not when Linfield are playing O_R but when Norn Iron play I can assure you that, although some would no doubt deny it, you wouldn't be alone (far from it, if truth be told).  ;)

The poor folks there are already "up to there knees in Fenian blood", would want to wet there feet anymore.
      ;D

Again you're a bit confused - it's "knees" at Ibrox - "neck" at Windsor [when Linfield play]  :f_tongueincheek:

But... I get your drift - if you don't feel welcome; why would you go?

What I will say tho' much to their credit the IFA have made massive in-roads into the sectarian sh*te which emanated from the (mostly) Blues/Glens fans who used to go to the games.

Not every thing in the garden is rosy mate [some dinosaurs still wander the terraces] but then again they can also be found at the Aviva. Like I said tho', although 'they' might not want to admit it to their 'mates', a significant (and growing) number of 'disenfranchised' fans attend Norn Iron games... home and away.  8)

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4925 
      Reply #12: Oct 13, 2014 11:18:20 am
      Maybe not when Linfield are playing O_R but when Norn Iron play I can assure you that, although some would no doubt deny it, you wouldn't be alone (far from it, if truth be told).  ;)

;D

Again you're a bit confused - it's "knees" at Ibrox - "neck" at Windsor [when Linfield play]  :f_tongueincheek:

But... I get your drift - if you don't feel welcome; why would you go?

What I will say tho' much to their credit the IFA have made massive in-roads into the sectarian sh*te which emanated from the (mostly) Blues/Glens fans who used to go to the games.

Not every thing in the garden is rosy mate [some dinosaurs still wander the terraces] but then again they can also be found at the Aviva. Like I said tho', although 'they' might not want to admit it to their 'mates', a significant (and growing) number of 'disenfranchised' fans attend Norn Iron games... home and away.  8)

You go Mouse?

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #13: Oct 13, 2014 11:39:22 am
      I used to go a lot Si but, to be brutally honest, I stopped because of the very thing we're discussing.

I've been a couple of times, in recent years, with a few mates. The strange thing is: out of the four mates I go with, three could be described as 'disenfranchised'... but they never stopped going, even when I did.

Windsor Park has been a scary, sh*t-hole, inhabited by Neanderthals, down the years but I certainly noticed a big change when I went back. A change in atmosphere; a change in mind-set and the truth is, an awful lot of folk I know, from 'different' back-grounds go to N.I. games... certainly more than people might imagine. Sadly tho' they tend not to tell their 'peers' for fear of scorn or reprisal.

That said; I can fully appreciate why a lot of folk wouldn't want to... the truth is; I wouldn't go myself if I felt unwelcome or more accurately - unsafe.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4925 
      Reply #14: Oct 13, 2014 12:12:08 pm
      I used to go a lot Si but, to be brutally honest, I stopped because of the very thing we're discussing.

I've been a couple of times, in recent years, with a few mates. The strange thing is: out of the four mates I go with, three could be described as 'disenfranchised'... but they never stopped going, even when I did.

Windsor Park has been a scary, sh*t-hole, inhabited by Neanderthals, down the years but I certainly noticed a big change when I went back. A change in atmosphere; a change in mind-set and the truth is, an awful lot of folk I know, from 'different' back-grounds go to N.I. games... certainly more than people might imagine. Sadly tho' they tend not to tell their 'peers' for fear of scorn or reprisal.

That said; I can fully appreciate why a lot of folk wouldn't want to... the truth is; I wouldn't go myself if I felt unwelcome or more accurately - unsafe.

Exactly why I never really bothered but I have heard that things are better these days.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #15: Oct 13, 2014 12:50:20 pm

Yeah unsafe would be more appropriate mate,  but I'm just associating Windsor with Linfield too much.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16: Oct 13, 2014 01:00:02 pm
      I've no problem with N.I, but I think a new national stadium would have been the way to go to attract the wider community.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17: Oct 13, 2014 01:03:35 pm
      Yeah unsafe would be more appropriate mate,  but I'm just associating Windsor with Linfield too much.
      It's hard to disassociate the two O_R. 'Stormont'/IFA fu**ed up when the couldn't agree on the Maze as a new national stadium and bowed to Belfast pressure. I think we will all rue that day.

Anyhows... Norn Ireland top of a group? Holy F**k.  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4925 
      Reply #18: Oct 13, 2014 01:40:24 pm
      I've no problem with N.I, but I think a new national stadium would have been the way to go to attract the wider community.

Agree 100%.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19: Oct 13, 2014 09:07:17 pm
      Half an hour left in tonight's games and I have some sweat on for £1200+. F***ing Italy putting the mockers on at the minute...
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #20: Oct 13, 2014 09:17:31 pm
      Has Bale scored?

Oh and Suarez just bagged two for Uruguay. Second is VERY cheeky.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #21: Oct 14, 2014 10:27:08 am
      Oh and Suarez just bagged two for Uruguay. Second is VERY cheeky.

Can we not do this to ourselves...
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #22: Oct 14, 2014 04:56:41 pm
      We can still admire mate.

Quick Reply