Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Loan Watch

Read 4134 times
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Loan Watch
      Nov 05, 2014 08:58:09 pm
      Be interested to know how all our Loanee's are getting on and whether anyone thinks they have a chance at the club. We have so many of them after all.

Assaidi
      Coates
      Ilori
      Origi
      Aspas
      Alberto
      Texiera
      Wisdom
      Ibe

I have only seen one of Origi's games and albeit he looked like he had some talent, he hasnt been prolific this season with I think 3 goals, 1 from the spot. Young talent, but will he be the calibre we need? Lets face it we have seen enough young talent come and go out on loan lately. All of the above could struggle to get into the team if this loan period doesnt develop them the way we hoped.

How are they getting on?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Loan Watch
      Reply #1: Nov 05, 2014 09:29:09 pm
      Why exactly has Coates not played in one single league game for Sunderland yet?

Don't they write minimum appearance clauses etc into the loan contract?

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Nov 05, 2014 10:00:00 pm

Ye the likes of that drives me nuts. I see iliori isnt playing for Bordeaux either. Is he injured or just not cutting it?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3: Nov 05, 2014 10:16:48 pm
      Ye the likes of that drives me nuts. I see iliori isnt playing for Bordeaux either. Is he injured or just not cutting it?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ilori+bordeaux+vs

Looking at those highlights, he seems to make a lot of mistakes.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: Nov 05, 2014 10:19:58 pm

Don't know what injury it is or what but he does appear on the Ligue 1 injury list:

http://www.betinf.com/france_injured.htm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #5: Nov 05, 2014 10:22:21 pm

Because he is sh*te why do you think we sent him away. Don't you remember his last meaningful start - the FA Cup game v Oldham..............oh dear

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #6: Nov 05, 2014 10:23:21 pm

Illori has been injured but is now back to fitness.

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,198 posts | 1274 
      Reply #7: Nov 05, 2014 11:01:15 pm
      The English lads seem to be doing alright, Teixera is probably Brighton's best player at the moment but they aren't doing too well.

The rest? I'm not encouraged the slightest bit by any of them. We'll be cutting our losses rather than this obsession of making a profit on players.

Seriously, if the clubs policy is to get a profit on young players, then that is NO WAY to progress a club.

We need to develop our own high class talent rather than mere 'speculation' on others. The ultimate ambition of a club's owner would be to stick to a philosophy of high class, progressive football the likes of Ajax and Barca (and Dortmund) and be self sufficient. If profit is the main aim of the game with FSG, then their 'philosophy' is on shaky grounds.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Nov 06, 2014 07:47:08 am
      The English lads seem to be doing alright, Teixera is probably Brighton's best player at the moment but they aren't doing too well.

The rest? I'm not encouraged the slightest bit by any of them. We'll be cutting our losses rather than this obsession of making a profit on players.

Seriously, if the clubs policy is to get a profit on young players, then that is NO WAY to progress a club.

We need to develop our own high class talent rather than mere 'speculation' on others. The ultimate ambition of a club's owner would be to stick to a philosophy of high class, progressive football the likes of Ajax and Barca (and Dortmund) and be self sufficient. If profit is the main aim of the game with FSG, then their 'philosophy' is on shaky grounds.

Agree. But the problem with even potential quality, if you dont send them on loan they completely stagnate in the reserves. When you send them, its up to the loanee club to develop them so best pick a club that rivals your philosophy, otherwise pointless.

Origi is my big concern. A lot of people pinning their hopes on this kid. Goals to game is poor. I know hes young but hes playing and therefore should score. Its not all about goals though, and hopefully hes showing enough that doesnt get recorded in stats.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Nov 06, 2014 03:47:58 pm
      Hopefully we can see the best of Origi tonight against a premier league team. Would be great if he put a few past the bitters.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Nov 06, 2014 11:12:04 pm
      Goals to game is poor. I know hes young but hes playing and therefore should score. Its not all about goals though, and hopefully hes showing enough that doesnt get recorded in stats.

Has he been getting the service to score though?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Nov 07, 2014 07:44:52 am
      Has he been getting the service to score though?

Well he certainly wont get that either with this current team, in this current form. Ha

Didnt get a chance to watch the game last night. Was he any use?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12: Jan 03, 2015 02:25:36 pm
      Lloyd Jones, Jack Dunn and Kevin Stewart have all gone out on a months loan to Cheltenham and all 3 are starting todays game against Oxford.  Good luck to the lads, hope they all impress.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13: Jan 03, 2015 02:38:19 pm
      Lloyd Jones, Jack Dunn and Kevin Stewart have all gone out on a months loan to Cheltenham and all 3 are starting todays game against Oxford.  Good luck to the lads, hope they all impress.

Thanks for the heads up Debs, hopefully all three will do well  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

YNWA
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #14: Jan 03, 2015 02:44:56 pm

So close, but my pain in the arse work schedule won't allow me to get to games.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Jan 03, 2015 03:42:03 pm
      Get the hell in Jack Dunn, just scored the equaliser for Cheltenham.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #16: Jan 03, 2015 03:43:30 pm
      Get the hell in Jack Dunn, just scored the equaliser for Cheltenham.

Jonesy has been booked an all.

Eventful day for the lads
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17: Jan 03, 2015 03:49:03 pm
      Jonesy has been booked an all.

Eventful day for the lads

And just what they need mate, experience of games where the result actually matters.  I know it's only League 2 but it's their first test against pros. 

Stewart scores for Cheltenham putting them 2-1 up.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #18: Jan 03, 2015 03:49:12 pm
      And Kevin Stewart also gets in on the act.

Putting Cheltenham 2-1 up just before the break.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19: Jan 03, 2015 03:50:48 pm
      Only just seen this thread after posting on the Jack Dunn and Kevin Stewart threads :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #20: Jan 03, 2015 03:53:11 pm
      And just what they need mate, experience of games where the result actually matters.  I know it's only League 2 but it's their first test against pros. 

Stewart scores for Cheltenham putting them 2-1 up.

Be a real test for them an all with the Robins struggling near the foot of the table at present. I think they were three or four points clear of the drop before today, so it'll be a test of character for the lads as much anything.

Just looking at the table on the beeb's website, it's 9 games without a win for Cheltenham. So this could be a big result.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #21: Jan 03, 2015 03:53:40 pm
      Only just seen this thread after posting on the Jack Dunn and Kevin Stewart threads :D

Seemed easier to put it in here mate seeing as all 3 were starting the game.  Talk about being thrown in at the deep end, the lads only arrived at the Club yesterday but it's not affected them one bit.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #22: Jan 03, 2015 03:55:21 pm
      Jesus, I forgot about Kevin Stewart haha Why did we sign him again?

Quick Reply