Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

At what point do YOU call for a manager to go?

Read 9981 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: At what point do YOU call for a manager to go?
      Reply #69: Nov 23, 2014 03:43:17 pm
      I have never been one to call for a managers head infact the only time I ever have was the dark days of Woy Hodgson. However...

I think he should be given until January to turn things around and if he can't then I'm sorry but there needs to be a change, give someone else an opportunity to salvage something from this season.

About sums up how I feel. The only problem I have is if there was money for transfers to turn things around...would you trust BR to spend it?

Really sad that it's come to discussions like this after last season.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #70: Nov 23, 2014 03:49:01 pm
      About sums up how I feel. The only problem I have is if there was money for transfers to turn things around...would you trust BR to spend it?

In a word. No.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #71: Nov 23, 2014 03:52:34 pm
      You won't get a top quality manager that will work with FSG!

spot on mate that's this problem
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #72: Nov 23, 2014 03:57:36 pm
      It's like this if we don't get out of our CL group and are not closer to 4th than 14th by January after spending over £120 million in the Summer then we need a new manager. Any other clubs supporters would demand the same. Until then I will give Rodgers the chance to improve things.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #73: Nov 23, 2014 04:09:26 pm
      What we saw today perhaps.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #74: Nov 23, 2014 04:22:56 pm
      Football management employment is cruel. But I'm kinder. Let's just say losing four in a row now puts him under board of directors' watch. Maybe not winning any of the next three games would seal it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #75: Nov 23, 2014 04:26:53 pm
      You won't get a top quality manager that will work with FSG!

You would in exceptional circumstances though. If there was a manager who worked away from his family and pined to be back working and living on The Wirral with them. Someone who also loved the club.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #76: Nov 23, 2014 04:29:10 pm
      You would in exceptional circumstances though. If there was a manager who worked away from his family and pined to be back working and living on The Wirral with them. Someone who also loved the club.

You have to ask how do Brendan and Rafa compare as managers and the answer is they don't.
      Rafa is a legend and a winner Brendan isn't
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #77: Nov 23, 2014 04:31:33 pm
      You have to ask how do Brendan and Rafa compare as managers and the answer is they don't.
      Rafa is a legend and a winner Brendan isn't

Unfair to compare though Walt. Rafa has been at it a lot longer.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #78: Nov 23, 2014 04:37:14 pm
      Unfair to compare though Walt. Rafa has been at it a lot longer.

So why give the job to a rookie in the first place. this is what happens when you give a job of managing a world famous club to a novice
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #79: Nov 23, 2014 04:40:45 pm
      So why give the job to a rookie in the first place. this is what happens when you give a job of managing a world famous club to a novice

Maybe they thought he would increase in value,  and the could sell him on at a profit!  :-\
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #80: Nov 23, 2014 04:42:00 pm
      Maybe they thought he would increase in value,  and the could sell him on at a profit!  :-\

don't think they could give him away now
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #81: Nov 23, 2014 04:54:26 pm
      Football management employment is cruel. But I'm kinder. Let's just say losing four in a row now puts him under board of directors' watch. Maybe not winning any of the next three games would seal it.

It's so cruel to pay him £100,000 a week and then give him a big fat payoff for failing! If I'm employed on minimum wage as a cleaner, and I don't clean your house, I get the sack, right. No sympathy,no payoff, nothing. I find it hard to feel sorry for millionaires, who are set for life! Poor lamb!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #82: Nov 23, 2014 04:56:55 pm
      do we now have to wait to get dumped out the CL  . How low do we have to go.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #83: Nov 23, 2014 05:04:00 pm

Not long mate, probably tomorrow morning or even later today.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #84: Nov 23, 2014 05:05:28 pm
      personally, if the board is thinking of sacking BR, they should do it within the next week or so. 

I liked BR but it is really becoming a gongshow now.  We need someone good to step in and give them some time to see the team before the jan transfer window opens.  to fire BR in jan then hire someone new and expect him to be able to pull a rabbit out of a hat all in that 2-3 wks is a bit too much.  If we need players (and it is obvious we do) then the more time we can give this replacement the better

the other option is wait... and pray.
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #85: Nov 23, 2014 05:05:49 pm

That is the problem, at what point do we say, enough is enough. I really don't think we can afford to let this situation drift for much longer. The next couple of games are vital for our season and Brendan's future.
      My main concern is the future of this Football Club!

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #86: Nov 23, 2014 05:17:34 pm
      Quote from what-a-hit-son

If you want to win a league, chances are you would give it to someone who won it at least once in the past 10 years, and doesn't do public bust ups with owners on a regular  basis.

Brendan's remit when he was hired was get us in top 4. He did that ahead of schedule, and without berating his board over lack of transfer funds. So he's still here.

12 months ago, we went to Hull and played like a pub team. The easy thing would have been to make knee jerk judgements. We didn't then and we won't now.
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #87: Nov 23, 2014 05:17:55 pm
      Not long mate, probably tomorrow morning or even later today.

Have you heard something Debs, I've had a text from a good friend who's been in and around the Club for years, never, ever gives anything away but says watch this space! Was a shareholder for years before they were sold out, is not one to spread false rumours, but he's been really concerned for weeks now.
      We shall see, it's obvious things aren't right within the club, and the Club is my main concern right now!

Bier
      Reply #88: Nov 23, 2014 05:19:45 pm
      I remember seeing statistics about the immediate impact of manager changes mid season, there basically was no positive impact on average as far as results go. Especially now, you get rid of our manager to appoint who exactly? It's hard enough to get a great manager in the summer during a transfer window, who is available and willing to come here right now mid season that is so great? Do we really want to appoint a new manager just for the sake of it, even if that new manager isn't our ideal candidate and we end up being stuck to that manager for a while. That manager isn't going to be judged on this season either way, even if we continue as we do. Desperation has never suited us.
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #89: Nov 23, 2014 05:26:43 pm
      I remember seeing statistics about the impact of manager changes mid season, there basically was no positive impact on average. Especially now, you get rid of our manager to appoint who exactly? It's hard enough to get a great manager in the summer during a transfer window, who is available and willing to come here right now mid season that is so great? Do we really want to appoint a new manager just for the sake of it, even if that new manager isn't our ideal candidate and we end up being stuck to that manager for a while. That manager isn't going to be judged on this season either way, even if we continue as we do. Desperation has never suited us.

I agree, desperation is why we ended up with Balo! However, our form is relegation material, do we just wait and pray or do we realise that unless something changes big time we are in real danger of the unthinkable.
      I listened to Carra today, he is someone I trust and whose opinion I value, and he is seriously worried, and I mean, worried.
      We cannot go on hoping the next game will change things, we've been saying that all season!

Bier
      Reply #90: Nov 23, 2014 05:32:49 pm
      I agree, desperation is why we ended up with Balo! However, our form is relegation material, do we just wait and pray or do we realise that unless something changes big time we are in real danger of the unthinkable.
      I listened to Carra today, he is someone I trust and whose opinion I value, and he is seriously worried, and I mean, worried.
      We cannot go on hoping the next game will change things, we've been saying that all season!

Ofcourse I'm worried, but can't say I'm worrying about relegation just yet. We might be on bad form, but I can't see that happening. And I agree with Carra, we don't have fight at the moment. Brendan will have to make drastic changes.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #91: Nov 23, 2014 05:36:07 pm
      If you want to win a league, chances are you would give it to someone who won it at least once in the past 10 years, and doesn't do public bust ups with owners on a regular  basis.

Brendan's remit when he was hired was get us in top 4. He did that ahead of schedule, and without berating his board over lack of transfer funds. So he's still here.

12 months ago, we went to Hull and played like a pub team. The easy thing would have been to make knee jerk judgements. We didn't then and we won't now.

I don't understand why you have quoted me? You waffled about nothing I was on about besides the sheer fact that Rafa, who we assume has been shagging your Mrs if the other thread is anything to go on, was mentioned.

In fact you're going on ignore because you're a ban waiting to happen with the mood I'm in.

Quick Reply