Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM?

Simon Mignolet
      10 (12.8%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Javi Manquillo
      1 (1.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      1 (1.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      24 (30.8%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      8 (10.3%)
      Raheem Sterling
      13 (16.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      1 (1.3%)
      Rickie Lambert
      16 (20.5%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: Nov 29, 2014 10:07:53 pm

Ludogorets Razgrad 2-2 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Dirty Sheet

Read 32328 times
      JayC1560
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Re: Ludogorets Razgrad 2-2 Liverpool: In Game and Post Match Dirty Sheet
      Reply #690: Nov 27, 2014 12:57:00 pm
      Our miserable season continues. A MUST WIN was always going to be at best a draw.

Now we have to beat Basel to go through.

Easy. Winning any f**king game would be nice.

It wasn't a must win. Even if we won the match, we would still have to beat Basel to go through...
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #691: Nov 27, 2014 01:18:41 pm
      "I'm surprised Stevie is getting so much stick on here. It wasn't a man of the match performance by any means but I thought he played a lot better than he has been. "

I am sorry but if success for Gerrard means playing better than he did against Palace then we are in for a very painful end of season.
      The issue is not Gerrard the man but rather Brendan the "boss". Every player will use all his influence to make sure he stays on the team. Especially Gerrard who has given so much to Liverpool. He wants to play and genuinely believes he can still do.
      The issue is Brendan who is not doing his job: picking the best players available.
      I am not sure if he owes Gerrard money or what...?
      I love Gerrard. I have 1 signed shirt of him and he will always remain a hero to any Liverpool fan.
      But I live for Liverpool FC and the current situation makes me ill...
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #692: Nov 27, 2014 01:43:10 pm
      It wasn't a must win. Even if we won the match, we would still have to beat Basel to go through...

you don't think after 4 straight defeats, 1 win in the CL against the whipping boys with a last minute penalty, no confidence, cohesion and idea - that we didn't need a win under our belts?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #693: Nov 27, 2014 04:30:41 pm
      One impressive stat against Ludo, we never completed one pass inside the penalty area.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #694: Nov 27, 2014 05:17:22 pm
      One impressive stat against Ludo, we never completed one pass inside the penalty area.
      Wow!
      Our first goal was as jammy as it gets.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #695: Nov 28, 2014 05:20:38 am
      To be honest, a draw isn't as awful as what some are making out. We should be going there and winning but it wouldn't have made much difference either way (it would have been a nightmare if Basel had beaten Madrid though).

Ludo had to beat us to have any chance of going through. Until last night, they still had a slim chance. So we have in effect, knocked them out and also kept our chances alive.

Ludo are out. It doesn't matter if they beat Madrid 50-0. If Basel win or draw at anfield then they have more points than Ludo so they would go through, and if we beat Basel at Anfield and Ludo win in Madrid then we will be level on points but rather than goal difference it goes on head-head and we have four points from Ludo so it would see us through.

No matter what, we would have had to beat Basel anyway - we couldn't have drawn with them and gone through. So nothing has changed.

Regarding our performance - we were sloppy but there were some positives.

I'm surprised Stevie is getting so much stick on here. It wasn't a man of the match performance by any means but I thought he played a lot better than he has been. He put Sterling clean through who should have buried it and put us 3-1 up.  His passing was a bit better.

Thought Lucas did well.

Lambert put a decent shift in too.

Once again I was disappointed with the usual suspects - Mignolet, Johnson, Manquillo, Skrtel.

I was also disappointed with Brendan for taking Sterling off trying to see the game out. The game was crying out for coutinho in my opinion and with them pushing forward we would caught them on the break with him on the pitch.

Poor performance overall but not a terrible result like some are suggesting.

you make some good points but there is one that I fully disagree on.  Drawing to a team like Ludogorets will always and should always be viewed as an awful result. I'm sorry to say but if we have any real ambition to win CL again or at least get out of our group, teams like Ludo are the fodder we get max points on.    to say anything otherwise (BR I'm looking at you)... is just admitting that we are absolutely dogshite and our expectations of ourselves have fallen so low it is at a critical level.

Quick Reply