Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread

Read 301216 times
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,635 posts | 130 
      Re: The "Anfield Redevelopment is in progress!" Thread
      Reply #667: Sep 12, 2016 07:08:21 am

Feel like the redevelopment kinda destroyed the pure anfield feeling for me. Going down this small tunnel and squeeze yourself through it and then emerge on the pitch is just what made this ground so awesome.... sorry but this isn't anfield anymore  :(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #668: Sep 12, 2016 03:03:00 pm
      Feel like the redevelopment kinda destroyed the pure anfield feeling for me. Going down this small tunnel and squeeze yourself through it and then emerge on the pitch is just what made this ground so awesome.... sorry but this isn't anfield anymore

I know what you mean about the steps down to the tunnel etc.  But there have been loads of changes down the years. 

It was still Anfield when they took the dugouts away. 

It was still Anfield when the players started parking up beforehand and walking round the pitch - rather than getting off a coach at the Main Stand.

Those steps down and then back up probably weren't even allowed to be built in nowadays.

I think they've done a good job on the whole and it's a lot more Anfield than moving to Stanley Park would have been. 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #669: Sep 13, 2016 12:27:28 pm

Feel like the redevelopment kinda destroyed the pure anfield feeling for me. Going down this small tunnel and squeeze yourself through it and then emerge on the pitch is just what made this ground so awesome.... sorry but this isn't anfield anymore  :(

It's only the main stand, the stand that has been redeveloped 4 or 5 times.

I presume you may have never stood in the ARE, that was my haunt, standing at the back on my milk create. But that could not beat 18,000 hot, sweaty fans, making a 3 dimensional monster, singing and swaying with every pass and shot by the team.

Steam rising in the air on the cold nights from the maddens between the pillars, urine flowing down the terrace at half time.

That was the place to be.

The deep throated chant of one word being repeated.... Dalglish

The day the Kop was torn down, was the time ANFIELD lost its innocence, its being, its soul for me. The time when you could just turn up and pay at the turnstile.

That was when ANFIELD feeling was lost.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #670: Sep 13, 2016 12:44:34 pm
      The time when you could just turn up and pay at the turnstile.

The only business I think turns money away at the door...

Could it be down to safety reason why you can't buy at the gate anymore? Management of people etc etc...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #671: Sep 13, 2016 04:35:28 pm

I presume you may have never stood in the ARE, that was my haunt, standing at the back on my milk create. But that could not beat 18,000 hot, sweaty fans, making a 3 dimensional monster, singing and swaying with every pass and shot by the team.

Steam rising in the air on the cold nights from the maddens between the pillars, urine flowing down the terrace at half time.

The day the Kop was torn down, was the time ANFIELD lost its innocence, its being, its soul for me. The time when you could just turn up and pay at the turnstile.

Boss post mate.

Pretty impressed with the new stand. It generated a really good noise on Saturday.

It makes Anfield a tougher place as it's basically like a wall leaning down on the pitch, like the Kop does.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #672: Sep 14, 2016 09:30:47 am
      It will be interesting to see how the acoustics work now ,maybe the noise will stay in the ground more or maybe it will not.

Boss post mate.

Pretty impressed with the new stand. It generated a really good noise on Saturday.

It makes Anfield a tougher place as it's basically like a wall leaning down on the pitch, like the Kop does.

I wonder, if the roof has been designed to rebound the noise down with the angled ends, as well as keeping the rain off?

Or were the crowd just up for it, only time will tell.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,635 posts | 130 
      Reply #673: Sep 14, 2016 07:21:01 pm

No I haven't. I only saw the historic footage from the old days. However it's fair to say that this is your treasure memory of the real Anfield. You grew up with it just like I did with this version of Anfield just like a new generation will with the new Anfield stadium.

My personal Anfield Road got taken away now just like yours was before.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #674: Sep 14, 2016 08:02:59 pm

If we were to get emotional and try to hold on to relatively small things like that then we'd make no progress at all. I think you'll have difficulty arguing that Anfield has been "lost to the ages" because we've chosen to make the dugout a bit bigger and made the tunnel a bit more player friendly 

Not once did I think 'steps in the tunnel and a small dugout' when I asked myself what makes Anfield so special.
      « Last Edit: Sep 15, 2016 12:00:40 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,635 posts | 130 
      Reply #675: Sep 15, 2016 07:02:20 am
      If we were to get emotional and try to hold on to relatively small things like that then we'd make no progress at all. I think you'll have difficulty arguing that Anfield has been "lost to the ages" because we've chosen to make the dugout a bit bigger and made the tunnel a bit more player friendly

I think getting emotional about small things like that is what makes you love your football club, at least in my case. Especially in this modern business kinda  football world I just want to hold on to little things like that, because it is the only thing that stands in the way of still supporting a football club rather than just a profit driving company.

Not once did I think 'steps in the tunnel and a small dugout' when I asked myself what makes Anfield so special.

Thats your personal opinion, fair enough. However for me it makes Anfield special along with all the other things that I tie my memories to. Thinking back to all the  CL nights and seeing our skipper waiting to lead the boys out and the moment they emerge from this little tunnel and be ready to fight is just special to me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #676: Sep 15, 2016 07:33:03 am
      Bring back the red goal nets
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #677: Sep 15, 2016 06:01:43 pm
      https://twitter.com/lovefutebol/status/776436368629051393

No idea what connection he has to the club.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #678: Sep 24, 2016 10:51:26 am
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #679: Sep 24, 2016 07:08:20 pm

The blue stand model.
      If the road is not for cars anymore then it looks to be a walkway under the stand that will effectively be where the road was.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #680: Sep 24, 2016 08:04:43 pm
      First time in the new stand today must say I was impressed .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #681: Sep 24, 2016 10:59:55 pm

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #682: Sep 28, 2016 09:28:56 pm
      Liverpool won’t promise Anfield Road End expansion until “ready to deliver”

Following the successful expansion of Anfield’s Main Stand this summer, Liverpool CEO Ian Ayre says FSG will wait before making a final decision on phase two of the stadium’s expansion.

Ayre, who will leave his position at the end of the current campaign, played a key role in overseeing the addition of 8,500 extra seats to the new Main Stand.

Anfield is also boosted by improved interior and exterior facilities, with Liverpool’s clashes with Leicester City and Hull City providing supporters with an excellent matchday experience so far this season. Work continues on some internal areas and will be complete in January.

Phase two of the overall expansion project is still proposed, with the Anfield Road End having outline planning permission in place.

But speaking to FCBusiness this month, Ayre explained that Fenway Sports Group would not announce concrete plans until settled on “the right design.”

“The way we managed the Main Stand expansion was great and we will continue in a similar vein to be cautious and not promise anything until we are ready to deliver,” he said.

“We will come along with planning if and when we have the right design and economic model.

“Once we have these parts in place, we will let people know.”

For now, Anfield’s new 54,074 capacity provides a great backdrop to the performances of Jürgen Klopp‘s side, and Ayre said the club were more than happy with the Main Stand expansion.

“In the case of the Main Stand the reality is more than we expected,” he said.

“[It is] far superior than our expectations from the point of view of the stadium design, the lounges, concourses and acoustics.

“Anfield has one of the most unique atmospheres in world football, so the design definitely considered how to keep that noise inside the stadium.

“The atmosphere in the opening game [against] Leicester was similar to the atmosphere I remember from watching games here in the 1970s when the capacity was at a similar level to now.”

There is still work to do, however, with a deal to secure naming rights for the Main Stand yet to be concluded.

Liverpool are said to be looking for between ÂŁ5 million and ÂŁ7 million per year for the privilege, but FSG will only commit to a long-term deal at a minimum of five years.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/liverpool-wont-promise-anfield-road-end-expansion-ready-deliver/

So, it looks like the published Phase II, are just examples to obtain planning permission, how many different Main Stand designs were there?

Looks like this is the reason why there are no advertising on the seat, awaiting a naming partner for the stand.

May be they are looking at a safe standing area in the new stand.   :couch:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #683: Oct 12, 2016 09:59:21 am
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/786109363148754944

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/786109514424737792

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/786109933007888384

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/786110428535455744

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/786110751777943552

So they're not willing to do it because it's not financially beneficial yet they expect fans to invest in it? Surely it's not financially beneficial for the fans either then? I love how money has suddenly become an issue now that we're starting to make profits :D.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #684: Oct 12, 2016 10:03:53 am
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/786109363148754944

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/786109514424737792

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/786109933007888384

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/786110428535455744

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/786110751777943552

So they're not willing to do it because it's not financially beneficial yet they expect fans to invest in it? Surely it's not financially beneficial for the fans either then? I love how money has suddenly become an issue now that we're starting to make profits :D.

Disgusting attitude.

With the billions of pounds going around football these days that investment is like loose change.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #685: Oct 12, 2016 12:22:20 pm
      Disgusting attitude.

With the billions of pounds going around football these days that investment is like loose change.

About two transfer window's of loose change. I'm sure everyone would be ok with two quiet windows?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #686: Oct 12, 2016 12:30:28 pm
      The idea about fans investing was raised by a member of the Supporter's group and not by Ian himself.  He simply didn't reject the idea but said something along the lines of, "Interesting. We'll think about it."

He also said the costs for a non-hospitality upgrade in seats would cost around ÂŁ12-13,000 per seat. So when he says it doesn't make sense, he has a point.

Again, Anfield HQ (along with other sites like TAW) post random quotes to paint a different picture of what was said.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #687: Oct 12, 2016 12:37:49 pm
      ARE should have been built at the same time as the Main stand, builders,materials all on site, would have been cheaper and less disruptive too, if they follow through now with a new ARE upgrade cost will go up etc etc...

Just get Budweiser to sponsor it ;D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #688: Oct 12, 2016 05:04:33 pm
      I'm sure everyone would be ok with two quiet windows?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Good one!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #689: Oct 12, 2016 06:53:36 pm
      About two transfer window's of loose change. I'm sure everyone would be ok with two quiet windows?

Just had one in terms of net spend on the back of the biggest tv deal in premier league history, just build the F***ing thing.

Quick Reply