Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Players Out

Read 10724 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Players Out
      Reply #69: Dec 18, 2014 08:22:39 am
      Nice of you to decided on keeping Gerrard. I'm sure he'll be just as pleased as I am.
      Oh that's ok. Hey, there's no need to worry, I'm not really the manager; it's just my opinion.

You have a nice day now
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #70: Dec 18, 2014 09:12:50 am
      Very much a confidence player at the moment.
      The excuse for Gerrard not performing is that he has no movement in front of him, but the same apparently doesn't apply to Henderson, who contrary to popular belief does have a good range of passing.
      I don't suppose it helps that he is being asked to play in different positions which take different skillsets.
      One match he's next to Lucas, then he's playing as AM, then he's stuck on the right, then he's a wingback.
      This is not the way to bring back a players confidence.

Comparing a young Henderson to an old Gerrard just maybe an apt argument for Henderson.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #71: Dec 18, 2014 11:03:20 am
      What a stupid post. Toure, Fernandinho and Fabregas cost twice the price of Hendo on about four times the salary and are seasoned professionals in their prime. Hendo is only 24 FFS. And I still rate Hendo higher than Fernandinho.

How is it a stupid post?

Henderson plays almost every game for us in CM so we can compare him to other midfielders in the prem, regardless of his F***ing age or what he cost us or what his wages are or what his dogs name is. It's exactly my point.

In MY opinion, Henderson wouldn't get a game for City, Chelsea or Arsenal.

In MY opinion, those teams are better than us.

In MY opinion, when the mancs strengthen their midfield then he wouldn't get a look in there either.

In MY opinion, henderson can be improved on.

In MY opinion, he is our 'James Milner' if you like. A great squad player. Should he be starting every game for us in CM? In MY opinion, no. Because I don't think he is, or will ever, establish himself as one of the best midfielders in England/Europe.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #72: Dec 18, 2014 11:05:13 am
      Can we not give him to charity it is Christmas.

:lmao:
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #73: Dec 18, 2014 07:02:08 pm
      • Sktrel
        Borini
        Brad Jones
        Aspas
        Alberto
        Suso
        José Enrique
        Sebastián Coates
        Oussama Assaidi
        Tiago Ilori

i'll take 12 million for the lot. Get Harry Redknapp on the phone STAT
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #74: Dec 18, 2014 07:28:17 pm
      i'll take 12 million for the lot. Get Harry Redknapp on the phone STAT

Don't go into business, you'll be bankrupt in a month!

Sam_95
      Reply #75: Dec 18, 2014 08:13:14 pm
      I was just thinking who I'd sell in January. No anger, no bias, I tried to do this with a level head and an objective perspective. I didn't bother all that much with players coming in; it was more an exercise to see who I thought needed to move on.

Mignolet (I'd rather keep Jones as backup and bring in a new 1st choice keeper (Ochoa?)
      ----
      Johnson (I'd rather start with Manquillo/Flannagan)
      Lovren (rather start with Sakho and have Toure/Coates as backup)
      ----
      Allen (I'd rather play Lucas)
      Henderson (Can's turn for me)
      ----
      Lambert
      Borini
      Balotelli (tough decision but reckoned with funds we'd get a better striker)

So 75% of our strike force gone
      Undecided with Gerrard but decided to keep him then sell/release him at season's end
      Undecided about Moreno but reckoned he just needs more time

Are we really in this dire a situation? Sterling, Couts, Studge, Lallana, Markovic, and Can, I don't see much hope for us in the future.

I would like to see Emre Can get given more of a go.

There have been recent reports with Ochoa linked. Think he would be a good option. Would like to see Cech or Ter Stengen (Barca) who is apparently unsettled.

In terms of players out, I would like to see the following go:

Jones
      Alberto
      Aspas
      Assaidi
      Borini
      Manquillo (Loan Terminated)
      Lovren
      Toure
      Enrique
      Allen
      Lambert
      Balotelli

There would be a lot more, but won't have a squad!

Is it time we turned to the youth? Rossiter, Sinclair, Brannagan, Ojo, Crump, Wilson, Kent and Phillips?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #76: Dec 19, 2014 09:04:57 am
      balotelli could still work

i dunno why people are writing him off

he's played alone up front but looked better with sturridge along with him.

If we bring in a good striker in Jan the Forwards in our squad would be (Sturridge, Balotelli, New Signing, Lambert....with Sterling as backup backup)

thats a formidable interchangeable frontline.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #77: Dec 19, 2014 10:19:12 am
      This January I wouldn't get rid of any players bought this summer. Its just not smart. Give them time.
      As for people suggesting getting rid of Henderson and Coutinho, I think they ought to reconsider before they accidentally get themselves committed. They were two of the best midfielders in the league last year. I saw someone say they think we should ditch Lallana and Lucas as well, which makes me think that most people on this thread are taking the piss and this is going way over my head. Particularly as he thinks that Teixera is better than Coutinho - a guy who doesn't play every week for a relegation threatened championship club.

Borini I'd move on. Allen, maybe, if we get a decent price (mostly because I feel it would force Can more into the 1st team picture), but I still feel he can do a job for us. A few on loan players wouldn't be missed, but I think we'd not be getting the most we could for them.

The players aren't bad. Our form is.

And honestly, Rush, I have a lot of time for you, but your OP was called the ultimate knee-jerk, they weren't far off.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #78: Dec 19, 2014 10:20:39 am
      I would be gutted if Suso left as well, but not surprised.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #79: Dec 19, 2014 10:33:31 am
      balotelli could still work

i dunno why people are writing him off

he's played alone up front but looked better with sturridge along with him.

If we bring in a good striker in Jan the Forwards in our squad would be (Sturridge, Balotelli, New Signing, Lambert....with Sterling as backup backup)

thats a formidable interchangeable frontline.

Because he is a myth... A forward  who isnt a forward.. A player who isn't a player... Someone who has conned several teams into thinking he is the answer to their striking problems!

Liverpool are now just another club that were seduced by him and his representatives...
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #80: Dec 19, 2014 11:16:52 am
      I was just thinking who I'd sell in January. No anger, no bias
      Fair enough mate. I'll give it a go...

I'll leave the summer signings out [just to give them a season before getting rid: season of goodwill and all that].  :)

With that caveat in mind I'm going to shed only those players who haven't contributed much, if anything, to the first team or improve it, in my opinion, obviously.

* Oussama Assaidi - contributed nothing - who was it he was brought in to replace?

* Joe Allen - A tidy, neat looking, footballer. Certainly slimmer than Charlie Adam but weirdly enough, nowhere near him in tangible, positive stats. Neither fish nor fowl who isn't missed the many , many times he hasn't played and no better than who he replaced.

* Fabio Borini - obviously not in favour. Obviously hasn't contributed. Obviously not needed. Better than who he replaced?

* Mamadou Sakho - Hasn't impressed me. Hasn't improved the team. Hasn't impressed Brendan. Not better than Agger.

* Sebastian Coates - has contributed nothing. A gamble on a player with potential which hasn't worked.

* Tiago Ilori - Sadly I see this going the same way as Coates.

* Simon Mignolet - Not a patch on who he replaced. Hasn't improved the team.

* Iago Aspas  - Like Assaidi; he's brought nothing to the team.

* Luis Alberto - see above. Another false economy.

There we have it - £80m + worth of 'talent' who I'd happily take £40m for or swap for just one top quality forward, if you prefer.

Merry Christmas.  >:D

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #81: Dec 19, 2014 11:18:17 am

Any idea of how he has been doing on loan?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #82: Dec 19, 2014 11:21:41 am
      There we have it - £80m + worth of 'talent' who I'd happily take £40m for or swap for just one top quality forward, if you prefer.

Merry Christmas.

Agree with everything you said mate and just pulled this part out as not only £80m but probably close to £400k a week (rough estimate) in wages. So 2 x £200k a week £40m players or that lot, Hummels / Reus / Pogba take anyone's fancy, you can have 2, it is christmas afterall :D

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #83: Dec 19, 2014 11:25:24 am

I'll leave the summer signings out [just to give them a season before getting rid: season of goodwill and all that].  :)

With that caveat in mind I'm going to shed only those players who haven't contributed much, if anything, to the first team or improve it, in my opinion, obviously.

* Oussama Assaidi - contributed nothing - who was it he was brought in to replace?

* Joe Allen - A tidy, neat looking, footballer. Certainly slimmer than Charlie Adam but weirdly enough, nowhere near him in tangible, positive stats. Neither fish nor fowl who isn't missed the many , many times he hasn't played and no better than who he replaced.

* Fabio Borini - obviously not in favour. Obviously hasn't contributed. Obviously not needed. Better than who he replaced?

* Mamadou Sakho - Hasn't impressed me. Hasn't improved the team. Hasn't impressed Brendan. Not better than Agger.

* Sebastian Coates - has contributed nothing. A gamble on a player with potential which hasn't worked.

Only disagree with you on Sakho. He is a beast of a centre back and can potentially be world class. Better than any CB we have.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #84: Dec 19, 2014 11:26:44 am

Can't argue with any of that!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #85: Dec 19, 2014 11:27:49 am
      Any idea of how he has been doing on loan?
      Read earlier this week that he can't get in the first team and had a run out for the reserves (for whatever team he is at right now).
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #86: Dec 19, 2014 11:36:44 am
      Read earlier this week that he can't get in the first team and had a run out for the reserves (for whatever team he is at right now).

He's on loan at Bordeaux now. It sucks he's not playing regularly then. I'm afraid bbb might be right about him, but having seen so little of the guy, I find it hard to make a judgement.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #87: Dec 19, 2014 11:38:22 am
      Only disagree with you on Sakho. He is a beast of a centre back and can potentially be world class.
      Personally I don't see how he's improved the team but If that's your opinion then fair enough; you're entitled to it mate.  8)

I'm afraid bbb might be right about him, but having seen so little of the guy, I find it hard to make a judgement.
      Me too Diego - no judgement on the lad's ability: it's just that I feel he could end up like Coates. I had high hopes for both btw... hence the "sadly".
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #88: Dec 19, 2014 11:58:42 am
      Only disagree with you on Sakho. He is a beast of a centre back and can potentially be world class. Better than any CB we have.

I think a lot of the hankering for Sakho (generally - not you in particular BSM) over last few weeks and months has more to do with how almost comically (almost!) utterly dire that Lovren has been.

I've not seen Sakho play a single game where I felt truly confident - he's had some not bad performances but even then it's been punctuated by a couple of keystones cops moment.

Personally I don't see how he's improved the team but If that's your opinion then fair enough; you're entitled to it mate.  8)
      Me too Diego - no judgement on the lad's ability: it's just that I feel he could end up like Coates. I had high hopes for both btw... hence the "sadly".

Triple B - I'm good with that list but I'd give Ilori a bit more time......unless there's a decent offer on table.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #89: Dec 19, 2014 12:02:40 pm

That's not really fair. He had a long period of injury, but before he was injured he was first choice and indeed one of their best CBs. However, I don't think he will make it here purely because the lad is far too injury prone.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #90: Dec 19, 2014 03:00:47 pm

We should have tried an Ilori/Coates pairing in the summer before shipping them off on loan. One is very fast, one is very slow ;D but both can play with the ball at their feet.
      Sam_95
      Reply #91: Dec 19, 2014 08:26:50 pm
      Bring in Nathaniel Clyne to replace Johnson.

Terence Kongolo and Tony Vilhenna from Feyenoord would be too good buys.

Ter Stengen from Barca - he is unsettled apparently.

We should have saved the money a bought a striker like Martinez at Porto. Reus, Gudogan and Hummels would have been others.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/547838/Gonzalo-Higuain-Napoli-Arsenal-Tottenham-Transfer-Gossip-Rumour-Stars-Update-Latest

Wanted Higuain - hope to get him next summer!

YNWA

Quick Reply