Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 314565 times
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Re: The Raheem Sterling Contract Situation
      Reply #1196: Apr 02, 2015 02:30:51 pm
      Said it the other week and i'll say it now... He is nowhere near the level he
      and a lot of people think he is on.

Sure he had a half decent season last year, as did most of the team however
      all I see this yeas is a kid who is fast... That's it... Just fast.

Terrible decision making, can't pass, can't shoot, barely takes a man on... But
      hey at least he is fast.

I'd keep him on his 35k a week and throw him in the under 21's then into the
      reserves when he's too old.

And if were selling him i'll drive him to the airport myself, by far the most
      over rated player around at the minute.

Teach him a lesson Rodgers.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1197: Apr 02, 2015 02:47:23 pm
      Incredible where football has gotten to where the ordinary fan sees a clubs desire to only spend what they can as a "lack of ambition". Whether you like it or not you still have work to do before you can attract those top, top players without throwing buckets of money at them. Do you not have a major stadium re-development on the horizon?. Once that is complete you will be able to push forward again, under your own steam. God I know It can be difficult when you seem like the only sane man in the asylum but you have to believe you are doing things the right way. Don't let primadonna players and money hungry agents hold you to ransom. We had to put up with 10 years of failure and ridicule while we stuck to our long term plans and our principle of being self-sufficient, and now FINALLY we are able to buy players like Sanchez and Ozil with our own cash, and very, very slowly we are becoming the team we used to be. So important not to sell the soul of your club in the short term in order to try to compete with City and Chelsea's madness.

Let's see how many Sanchez and Ozil's we buy this summer then!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #1198: Apr 02, 2015 02:51:06 pm
      Let's see how many Sanchez and Ozil's we buy this summer then!

We tried to buy a Sanchez last summer...didn't work out though :(
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #1199: Apr 02, 2015 02:51:17 pm
      BR just confirmed the club knew nothing of yesterday's interview. He's done

Yes, Raheem and his agent messed up big time. I hope Brendan gives him a rollicking and the club fine him. Brendan says he's young and will make mistakes, but he's twenty and at that age you're old enough to die for your country, he's old enough to know that that interview just before we play Arsenal will cause problems. He obviously realised it wasn't the right thing to do, hence he didn't request permission from the club.
      I'm at the stage now that I really don't care if he stays or goes, I just wish he'd concentrate on helping the Club that pays his wages to top 4.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1200: Apr 02, 2015 03:05:11 pm
      I said it on here months ago that we should offer him £120k a week MAX take it or f**k off. Anyone who thinks he deserves more should give their head a wobble.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #1201: Apr 02, 2015 03:08:17 pm
      I said it on here months ago that we should offer him £120k a week MAX take it or f**k off. Anyone who thinks he deserves more should give their head a wobble.

I'm with you only based upon his performances this season I think anything
      over 100k is just ludicrous. He's been sh*te in my opinion.
      Michael-2015
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #1202: Apr 02, 2015 03:08:25 pm
      Funny that he shares an agent with Oxlade-Chamberlain. I have heard anecdotally that negotiating for Alex was a complete F***ing nightmare and that there was massive steering going on behind the scenes, and that's when the player has his head screwed on as well as Chamberlain does.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1203: Apr 02, 2015 03:13:43 pm
      How terribly sorry I feel for Raheem Sterling, a 20 years old being offered £100k a week and pretty much guaranteed a starting spot every week at a top club at the world's top football league.

Are we a top club though? Don't think as a fan for a moment, think as a player. Can we truly be called a top club any more? Fans like to poke fun at Arsenal for not winning trophies and focusing on top four but at least they finish in it year after year. We haven't won anything of significance for a decade and have only had one season in the Champions league in the last six years so in the eyes of a player, how are we better? Add to that the bright lights of the Capital and the chance to play alongside players such as Ozil and Sanchez, under the management of a manager acclaimed for developing young talent and it's not hard to see why they're more popular than us. If Sterling wants to further his career, how much can he learn from playing alongside Henderson, Allen and Sturridge compared to playing alongside Ozil, Cazorla and Sanchez? Our squad amounts to the blind leading the blind, with Arsenal they have two European Championships and World Cup winners in their squad. So again, from a player's perspective with no ties to the club or the city, why would they want to stay with us? Can we truly call ourselves a 'top club' any more? If you ask me we are, but I'm just a supporter. Ask the average player and you'll probably get a different answer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #1204: Apr 02, 2015 03:15:58 pm
      Are we a top club though? Don't think as a fan for a moment, think as a player. Can we truly be called a top club any more? Fans like to poke fun at Arsenal for not winning trophies and focusing on top four but at least they finish in it year after year. We haven't won anything of significance for a decade and have only had one season in the Champions league in the last six years so in the eyes of a player, how are we better? Add to that the bright lights of the Capital and the chance to play alongside players such as Ozil and Sanchez, under the management of a manager acclaimed for developing young talent and it's not hard to see why they're more popular than us. If Sterling wants to further his career, how much can he learn from playing alongside Henderson, Allen and Sturridge compared to playing alongside Ozil, Cazorla and Sanchez? Our squad amounts to the blind leading the blind, with Arsenal they have two European Championships and World Cup winners in their squad. So again, from a player's perspective with no ties to the club or the city, why would they want to stay with us? Can we truly call ourselves a 'top club' any more? If you ask me we are, but I'm just a supporter. Ask the average player and you'll probably get a different answer.

So when People like Luis say that we are, Alonso, Henry, etc....are they lying? Or do you think they are just being "nice"?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1205: Apr 02, 2015 03:19:44 pm
      So when People like Luis say that we are, Alonso, Henry, etc....are they lying? Or do you think they are just being "nice"?

Do you seriously expect the player to join a new club and say anything else? It's PR mate. You're thinking like a Supporter. The point of the post is think like a player. There's no getting around it, as a club we don't have a lot more to offer than Spurs right now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #1206: Apr 02, 2015 03:28:48 pm
      Do you seriously expect the player to join a new club and say anything else? It's PR mate. You're thinking like a Supporter. The point of the post is think like a player. There's no getting around it, as a club we don't have a lot more to offer than Spurs right now.

But I gave you examples of players that have said that Liverpool is a big club (some have said HUGE). Henry isn't even a Liverpool player.
      Michael-2015
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #1207: Apr 02, 2015 03:28:58 pm

Hit all your clubs nails on the head. Three years ago we had none of those players in our squad, lost 8-2 to United, we had Nasri and Judas Van Persie off to Manchester and our RECORD TRANSFER was 16 million pounds. Think about that, you literally wouldn't buy a reserve keeper for that these days. The thing about long term plans is they take a while to come to fruition. I do believe we are in a different league to you now, but three years ago we weren't.From an outsiders perspective, you are on the right track with your new owners and stadium plans, if you won the FA cup this season, and got one or two signings right this summer, push on with Anfield redevelopment,  you would be on a different level next season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1208: Apr 02, 2015 03:32:45 pm

We finished runners up in the most competitive domestic league in the world last season so for that reason alone I would say yes we are a top club never mind our history steeped in success.

Also what does international success have to do with club success that's completely inconsequential.

I think any intelligent supporter of any club would recognise Liverpool FC as a top club. Anyone who thinks otherwise has limited brain capacity.
      Perhaps Raheem falls into this category.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1209: Apr 02, 2015 03:36:47 pm
      Hit all your clubs nails on the head. Three years ago we had none of those players in our squad, lost 8-2 to United, we had Nasri and Judas Van Persie off to Manchester and our RECORD TRANSFER was 16 million pounds. Think about that, you literally wouldn't buy a reserve keeper for that these days. The thing about long term plans is they take a while to come to fruition. I do believe we are in a different league to you now, but three years ago we weren't.From an outsiders perspective, you are on the right track with your new owners and stadium plans, if you won the FA cup this season, and got one or two signings right this summer, push on with Anfield redevelopment,  you would be on a different level next season.

It's not just limited to Liverpool though mate. Arsenal is often used as a stepping stone as well. What I'm trying to say here is that we as supporters have an entirely different perspective about our clubs than players do. For a player, it's a job. For us its a lifestyle choice. I live and breathe Liverpool, you probably live and breathe Arsenal but a player sees the club as a job and like anyone in work, they're loyal to themselves not their company.

For those of you incapable of understanding what I'm saying, I suggest you read this:

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/04/raheem-sterling-bbc-interview-players-dont-love-clubs-like-fans-do/
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1210: Apr 02, 2015 03:38:09 pm
      He'll learn F**k from ozil at the moment, marty Feldman's lovechild has been largely useless at arsenal
      Michael-2015
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #1211: Apr 02, 2015 03:54:33 pm
      He'll learn f**k from ozil at the moment, marty Feldman's lovechild has been largely useless at arsenal

You clearly don't watch our games, since he returned from injury Ozil has been directly involved in 65% of the goals we've scored. Anybody who judges a player on what he does on a football pitch and not from reading Paul Scholes opinion on Sky Sports would see he is absolutely class. Players adapt to our league at different rates, it has taken him longer and being out for 4 months this year didn't help him. To say Raheem Sterling has nothing to learn from Mesut Ozil, a world cup winner and still one of the best playmakers in Europe is exactly the kind of attitude that results in him gobbing off to the media and trying to screw you lot for more than 100k a week. You sound like his agent.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #1212: Apr 02, 2015 04:01:06 pm
      You clearly don't watch our games, since he returned from injury Ozil has been directly involved in 65% of the goals we've scored. Anybody who judges a player on what he does on a football pitch and not from reading Paul Scholes opinion on Sky Sports would see he is absolutely class. Players adapt to our league at different rates, it has taken him longer and being out for 4 months this year didn't help him. To say Raheem Sterling has nothing to learn from Mesut Ozil, a world cup winner and still one of the best playmakers in Europe is exactly the kind of attitude that results in him gobbing off to the media and trying to screw you lot for more than 100k a week. You sound like his agent.

You can keep Ozil...I'll take Coutinho over him 6 days a week and twice on Sundays.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1213: Apr 02, 2015 04:02:32 pm

Ozil one of the best playmakers in Europe  :lmao: :lmao:

Michael-2015
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #1214: Apr 02, 2015 04:08:44 pm
      You can keep Ozil...I'll take Coutinho over him 6 days a week and twice on Sundays.

I never even mentioned Coutinho, but ok ill take the bait. One more goal and fewer assists despite Coutinho playing almost exactly twice as many games?
      Yeh, Ozil is sh*te.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1215: Apr 02, 2015 04:10:38 pm
      I never even mentioned Coutinho, but ok ill take the bait. One more goal and fewer assists despite Coutinho playing almost exactly twice as many games?
      Yeh, Ozil is sh*te.

You dont get much for £40M these days!!!
      Michael-2015
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #1216: Apr 02, 2015 04:14:11 pm
      You dont get much for £40M these days!!!

Apparently you don't get much for 16 million either!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1217: Apr 02, 2015 04:14:32 pm
      Rodgers on Sterling: "He has two and a half years left on his deal, he's going nowhere in the summer."

I'll bet he will be off in the summer.

No need for Brendan to advertise this though and we should play hardball on the fee.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #1218: Apr 02, 2015 04:14:43 pm
      Yeh, Ozil is sh*te.

Who said he was? I just said I'd take Coutinho over him.

Like I said, if you are happy with Ozil why do you care, I'm perfectly happy with Coutinho so feel free to go on at length about how great Ozil is. We are a Liverpool forum, we don't really care.

Quick Reply